Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 02:39 AM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
Oh yes absolutely! That second bowl is the best. The milk is all sugary I am fantastic!
Kovi - something to consider:

http://www.nutellausa.com/giveaway.htm

maybe too much of a good thing....

Old
12-07-2012, 06:47 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
2 dollar tip on a pizza delivery?

Is it 1991?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Are you implying that's cheap or too much I can't tell. Personally, if m Pizza is $11-12 I give them $15. If it's like $17, I give them $20. I make it an even number usually. I know gas went up and everything, but let's be serious you drove to my house and gave me food, that isn't worthy of a large tip.
Quote:
The cost of the delivery is insignificant. They aren't waiters going back and forth.

If the order is big and heavy or the weather super ****** you make it bigger.

I tip at least 4 dollars, but usually 5.
On a single pizza, why would 2 bucks be all that bad?

I have no idea really, I think the last time I had a pizza delivered was when I was in high school. I'm more of a call and go get it type.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:17 AM
EverettMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
On a single pizza, why would 2 bucks be all that bad?

I have no idea really, I think the last time I had a pizza delivered was when I was in high school. I'm more of a call and go get it type.
I literally answered why I thought so in the post you quoted.....

If you disagree with me that is fine, but do I have to explain my reasoning again? I don't think the single pizza versus four pizzas matters. They aren't waiters. They are providing a service for you, four bucks isn't a lot of money for someone literally bringing you food to your house.

Delivery service of food is probably in the top 10 greatest things about living in America.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Very pleased with my Peapod ordering experience. The window I selected was 7AM - 9AM. Showed up at 6:55, left a message on my cell saying he was parked a few houses down and was going to wait to ring the bell until 7:00. Bell rang at 7:00 sharp, the delivery person was pleasant, told us right away which 2 items were out of stock and explained how it would affect our bill.

We were able to tip him on the invoice which was easy too. I gave him $15. It was a big order and he was very nice.

I might be utilizing Peapod more often -- and always have the delivery at this time so I don't have to put the groceries away.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I would probably tip pea pod people and I am generally not someone who tips outside of the standard industries. My wife on the other hand can find an excuse to tip everyone.

Wedding planning was a struggle because apparently on top of paying every vendor to do their job, you are expected to tip them too?

Another peeve of mine is when you get takeout, at the restaurant, not delivery, and you get the cc receipt that has a tip option on it. I wonder how many people fill that out because the person is staring at you when you do it.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Very pleased with my Peapod ordering experience. The window I selected was 7AM - 9AM. Showed up at 6:55, left a message on my cell saying he was parked a few houses down and was going to wait to ring the bell until 7:00. Bell rang at 7:00 sharp, the delivery person was pleasant, told us right away which 2 items were out of stock and explained how it would affect our bill.

We were able to tip him on the invoice which was easy too. I gave him $15. It was a big order and he was very nice.

I might be utilizing Peapod more often -- and always have the delivery at this time so I don't have to put the groceries away.
Do they jack up the price of the groceries?

Old
12-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Do they jack up the price of the groceries?
No, the groceries are the same prices as in the store, but there is a $6.95 delivery charge.

At the end of the day, I probably saved money since I shopped exclusively off my list and wasn't making impulse purchases.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
No, the groceries are the same prices as in the store, but there is a $6.95 delivery charge.

At the end of the day, I probably saved money since I shopped exclusively off my list and wasn't making impulse purchases.
Only $6.95?

Thats friggin awesome. Why didn't I do this when I lived in the city. An hour of my life + T or risking getting my mirror ripped off, is so worth it.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Only $6.95?

Thats friggin awesome. Why didn't I do this when I lived in the city. An hour of my life + T or risking getting my mirror ripped off, is so worth it.
Yea, I definitely think I'm going to be using it more. I've gotten to a point where at times, I value my time/sanity over saving a few bucks -- which is why I continue to go to Stop and Shop instead of dealing with the Market Basket.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Speaking of grocery shopping...

The Johnnie's near me closed, and as I was driving by it the other day noticed that a sign saying a Stop and SHop was being put in there.

There is another Stop and Shop literally a mile down the road. A straight shot, too. I don't understand.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:32 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
I would probably tip pea pod people and I am generally not someone who tips outside of the standard industries. My wife on the other hand can find an excuse to tip everyone.

Wedding planning was a struggle because apparently on top of paying every vendor to do their job, you are expected to tip them too?

Another peeve of mine is when you get takeout, at the restaurant, not delivery, and you get the cc receipt that has a tip option on it. I wonder how many people fill that out because the person is staring at you when you do it.
I don't, in fact often times ill draw a line directly through the tip area while they are watching me so they can't write their own tip in later (and yes, some people try this, especially out here where every server things you're just a dumb college kid)

On the flip side, when I feel someone actually deserves a tip, I overtip

I once had a waitress who was its god awful at her job, rude, didn't respond to things I asked, even sent someone else with our food. I wrote "work is a privilege not a right" on the tip line

And you think I'm a hippy

Old
12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Speaking of grocery shopping...

The Johnnie's near me closed, and as I was driving by it the other day noticed that a sign saying a Stop and SHop was being put in there.

There is another Stop and Shop literally a mile down the road. A straight shot, too. I don't understand.
Is that the one in Medford? We used to take my grandmother shopping there when I was a kid. I loved how they would bag your stuff up and then send it outside on the rollers and then have you pull your car around so they could load it up for you.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Is that the one in Medford? We used to take my grandmother shopping there when I was a kid. I loved how they would bag your stuff up and then send it outside on the rollers and then have you pull your car around so they could load it up for you.
Yup, it closed in November. It's too bad, I only live 2 blocks away so it was a quick walk if I needed something immediately.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:38 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I was at a Habs Bruins preseason game last year and i was sitting right behind the Habs bench. I was told i was not allowed to wear any Bruins gear, so i did the next best thing, i wore a DropKick Murphy's T-shirt.

During the national anthem i was looking at the Bruins bench and Shawn Thornton kept looking at me and when i smirked he gave me the nod.

I love this ^

Old
12-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

A good friday laugh. Gets me every time.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:46 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:

You read my mind sir. This drives me crazy- I usually end up putting something down because yeah the person is right there looking at me. Plus if I'm going to tip I'd rather pay the person in cash- I have no idea whether or not they actually get the tip amount I put down on the receipt. Restaurant owners can be total a-holes about stuff like this.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

This may be my favorite one, all hilarious

Old
12-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

This rules all silly animal clips.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
This rules all silly animal clips.

haha that video is a classic. The waving bear is a favorite of mine

Old
12-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
Kovi - something to consider:

http://www.nutellausa.com/giveaway.htm

maybe too much of a good thing....
I found a few great homemade nutella recipe using either peanuts or almonds for those of us who love the stuff but are allergic to hazelnuts.

I'm going to make this peanut spread first to try it out: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/...ad-peanutella/

I'll get the peanuts from Whole Foods to avoid contamination (canned is a death wish). Seems pretty simple:

2 cups shelled and skinned raw peanuts
1/2 cup of your darkest, richest unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
3 tablespoons peanut oil (I'll use vegetable instead)

Roast the peanuts then put in food processor/blender until liquified. Add the coco, sugar, salt ans 2 tablespoons of oil until blended. Add the last tablespoon to thin it if needed. Lasts a week.

I wonder if you can vacuum seal it to keep it longer than a week

I am Boston Strong

Old
12-07-2012, 09:29 AM
bigbadjohn

i heard about a missing jesus and thought of you

Old
12-07-2012, 09:33 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
I literally answered why I thought so in the post you quoted.....

If you disagree with me that is fine, but do I have to explain my reasoning again? I don't think the single pizza versus four pizzas matters. They aren't waiters. They are providing a service for you, four bucks isn't a lot of money for someone literally bringing you food to your house.

Delivery service of food is probably in the top 10 greatest things about living in America.
If you could tone it down a decibel that would be great We can do without the hostility.

Quote:

It's crazy isn't it? We actually wrote the tip into the payment for our limo services, then on the day of the wedding two of our drivers got pissy and held their hands out to my brother (best man) wanting it tip. They even had the stones to approach him and say "You know it's customary for the best man to tip all the drivers right?" I felt so bad for my brother, who at the time was somewhat of an introvert.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:42 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Yup, it closed in November. It's too bad, I only live 2 blocks away so it was a quick walk if I needed something immediately.
Between the Foodmaster closing down now, and Hungry Herbs closing a few years back, that street is dead to me...

Old
12-07-2012, 09:54 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
[/B]

You read my mind sir. This drives me crazy- I usually end up putting something down because yeah the person is right there looking at me. Plus if I'm going to tip I'd rather pay the person in cash- I have no idea whether or not they actually get the tip amount I put down on the receipt. Restaurant owners can be total a-holes about stuff like this.
takeout?

i put a big "x" on the tip line and then rewrite the total on the next line.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:57 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
[/B]

A few times when i've gotten take out ( a couple pizzerias) i'll put a tip on the receipt and i've gotten (no don't do that its blah blah) so they have re-enter or something. So now i just don't usually tip at those establishments.. but i make up for it with 15-20 % at a real resturant so that i won't get coal in my stockings.

Closed Thread