Official Sports Radio Thread Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 05:59 AM
BlackNgold 84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
I think you are all right to an extent...the offensive line is playing above expectations, based on the injuries they have endured (thanks in large part to Scarnecchia...he gets a big slice of the credit pie too). They have excelled in both pass AND run blocking, so they deserve full credit. But I also think that Tom Brady makes them, as he would any line in the NFL, look even better than they are. That is not to say that they are not talented in their own right, that is just a nod to the command Brady has over the offense, and to how quickly he is able to read coverages and get rid of the ball, not to mention his pocket presence. It's uncanny how well he is able to feel pressure, step-up and get rid of the ball. I also think that the frenetic pace with which they run the offense is helpful to negate some of what teams are able to do with the pass rush.

Anyway, as Bill would say, football is a team game, and it takes the line working in accordance with Brady/ RBs/ TEs to truly be as effective as possible.
Tom Brady is a great qb.. not saying he isn't. Scarnecchia is also one of the best positional coaches there is in the game.. mans been doing it for what? over 20 years?... My problem with parillo is that he so easily says "brady makes the line better" or "brady is why the line is going good right now" are the quotes/lines i hear from pink jersey pats fans who don't know what the hell they are talking about. Never in my 28 years of existence and watching football have i ever heard "the quarterback made his line look great today" its the opposite, because the opposite is true. The line keeps the qb off his ass so that he can look great... but then again this is all coming from a fat body who played both d line and o line haha.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Giving talk radio 96.9 a shot till 2. Very enjoyable for a change, theyre dicing up lady who slandered a restaurant on Facebook.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Someone asked Chad Finn about DA's replacement

Quote:
Comment From Nate
Any further updates since last week on DA's replacement? Would love to see Adam Jones, Kevin Winter, or Marc Bertrand get the gig. Speaking of, congrats to "Big" Jim Murray and his new position down in ATL. Wherever he has been, a very under-rated contributor.

2:14

Chad Finn: Didn't do much legwork on it this week, Nate, but if I had to bet based on stuff various people at the station have told me, I think I'd bet on Jones. I like him, but I'd kind of like to see Bertrand catch a break. Couple of people have told me Pete Sheppard really wants it, too. Interesting race. They have good options.
ugh

Old
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Mmmmmm. That IS a tasty burger!!
I went back and forth quoting this scene with two of the IT guys, cuz they were talking about the restaurant "Tasty Burger" in town. The conversation went well, I think I have been accepted

Old
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Someone asked Chad Finn about DA's replacement

ugh
Wasnt it like last year he came out and made some public comment that he would never turn his back on eei or said he was loyal to them? i hope he does stay loyal. I could stand him.. but then again.. he was one of the few guys on there that would actually talk hockey.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:32 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Wasnt it like last year he came out and made some public comment that he would never turn his back on eei or said he was loyal to them? i hope he does stay loyal. I could stand him.. but then again.. he was one of the few guys on there that would actually talk hockey.
Whatever else, he *did* talk hockey, and he's clearly a Bruins fan. He's the only guy from 'eei I could stomach, which says less about PS than the turds with whom he once worked.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Jeremy Roenick on WEEI.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:22 PM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Jeremy Roenick on WEEI.
Missed it, because (a) I never listen to that station and (b) I didn't see your post until after the fact. Anything interesting?

Old
12-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Missed it, because (a) I never listen to that station and (b) I didn't see your post until after the fact. Anything interesting?
he was asked if the B's could defend their 2011 Avco cup championship by continuing to skate to the left as they had in the early part of this season. JR's reply was muffled by some technical difficulties, and that was the end of their hawkey tawk segment for the month.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Patrice37

Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Jeremy Roenick on WEEI.
He was on 98.5 this morning with T&R. Pretty good interview

Old
12-05-2012, 08:03 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
He berated the program director at TSH on facebook for not giving him a chance when WEEI let him go. I highly doubt they give that tool bag a shot now after that hissy fit. Besides that, he's flat out terrible.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:04 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I went back and forth quoting this scene with two of the IT guys, cuz they were talking about the restaurant "Tasty Burger" in town. The conversation went well, I think I have been accepted
Classic!

Old
12-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Shaun
beauty

rich keefe is better than marc bertrand on F&M

Old
12-07-2012, 06:36 AM
4ORRBRUIN

The boys and the NHL are being torn to shreds on the morning show 98.5. According to them NOBODY cares.

They are also saying that Hockey is behind college basketball in the minds of the fans.

And this is the station that calls Bruins games ?? What A ******* joke. I am sure the Bruins will take notice of them slandering both Jacobs and the team.

I know everyone is pissed but stop the madness with NOBODY CARES shtick, its old.

Last edited by 4ORRBRUIN: 12-07-2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: hh
Old
12-07-2012, 07:11 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
The boys and the NHL are being torn to shreds on the morning show 98.5. According to them NOBODY cares.

They are also saying that Hockey is behind college basketball in the minds of the fans.

And this is the station that calls Bruins games ?? What A ******* joke. I am sure the Bruins will take notice of them slandering both Jacobs and the team.

I know everyone is pissed but stop the madness with NOBODY CARES shtick, its old.
Which is also strange because yesterday and today they started the show at 6am talking about the lockout, just quick updates. Today, Fred admitted to not knowing details so he asked Roache and Wallach to do the talking, then Fred said that this was the last conversation he was having about the lockout because nothing is happening.

Sounds like he renegged on the whole "last conversation" thing no more than 2 hours later

I don't like to go to the radio for news anyway. Everything is posted here hours before it hits the airwaves in Boston.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Which is also strange because yesterday and today they started the show at 6am talking about the lockout, just quick updates. Today, Fred admitted to not knowing details so he asked Roache and Wallach to do the talking, then Fred said that this was the last conversation he was having about the lockout because nothing is happening.

Sounds like he renegged on the whole "last conversation" thing no more than 2 hours later

I don't like to go to the radio for news anyway. Everything is posted here hours before it hits the airwaves in Boston.
Fred is turning out to be one of the most annoying radio personalities in the city. What a ****ing whiner.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Fred is turning out to be one of the most annoying radio personalities in the city. What a ****ing whiner.
Listening to that show try to sound informed about any sport is insanity. If they're playing a bit, I'll listen, but if they're try to actually discuss a sports story and don't have on a guest that is actually informed, I flip away. I agree with you about Fred though. The guy is miserable. He's like a grandfather that yells at everyone for being too loud when everyone is sitting there quietly. Just terrible.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I used to like T&R and listen to it religiously. I can't tell if I'm listening to sports radio less because there's no hockey to talk about, or if I'm just finding it to be completely painful.

I think it's a mix of both.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Therick67

Pete Sheppard shouldn't even be allowed to listen to the radio, let alone have his own show. He's brutal.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Alicat
Charge!

T&R are becoming irritating. I like Rich and Wallach so I listen. Today has been a disaster.

I'm interested to hear Gresh and Zo as well as Felger and Mazz. Felger should be pure gold today. He and Johnston are the two guys on that station who can talk hockey for hours if you let them. Wiggy too.

I am Boston Strong

Old
12-07-2012, 08:58 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I used to like T&R and listen to it religiously. I can't tell if I'm listening to sports radio less because there's no hockey to talk about, or if I'm just finding it to be completely painful.

I think it's a mix of both.
I like them but today I drove 20 minutes to work hoping to hear something on the lockout and they were heading down that path until Fred went into a 20 minutes speil on how he will be coaching little league

Old
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:

That's because they get most of their hockey news from here!

I will never care about College Basketball, or any Basketball for that matter, but I'm getting to the point where I don't care about NHL hockey.

Remember the days when NHLers seemed like regular guys?

Old
12-07-2012, 09:05 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Pete Sheppard shouldn't even be allowed to listen to the radio, let alone have his own show. He's brutal.
Agreed. He's a piss poor excuse for a radio show host. Just terrible.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
BlackNgold 84

I've been a faithful T&R fan since pretty much their first show on bcn. I love the guys.. but i can understand people getting tired of fred.. i literally don't not want to hear about your jewish mother in law.. Its old and tiring. He makes up for it with me by knowing similiar music/bands that most people in that biz (not just sports talk radio but the radio biz in general) don't know about.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
I've been a faithful T&R fan since pretty much their first show on bcn. I love the guys.. but i can understand people getting tired of fred.. i literally don't not want to hear about your jewish mother in law.. Its old and tiring. He makes up for it with me by knowing similiar music/bands that most people in that biz (not just sports talk radio but the radio biz in general) don't know about.
Yea I don't know how conceited one must be to think people give a **** about him and his wife going into the "bone zone" or his trip to Disney. I do like it when the texters **** on him and he gets all pissy.

Closed Thread