HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Episode VI... continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1274143

Old
12-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Spitzman

Big win tonight. The top players were able to find the net.

Class move by Cousins, spearing Vail in the balls after the buzzer.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Ottomatic

Good ol' Nicky Cousins gives Vail a cup check spear off the last face off. Spits should send that into the league. Somebody should have jumped Nicky, and with players already streaming on the ice at the end of game we could have had a donnybrook.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitzman View Post
Big win tonight. The top players were able to find the net.

Class move by Cousins, spearing Vail in the balls after the buzzer.
Sounds about right a Cheap shot artist, and only thing he does is run his mouth the entire game and cheap shot people that he knows won't do anything, I wonder why he didn't do it to Sieloff, Bilcke, Clark....everyone knows he would get his *** handed to him. But don't worry Sieloff will catch that P.O.S with his head down and will hurt him and if it's not him some other player in this league will I think he's one of the most hated players in the league

Old
12-06-2012, 09:10 PM
IcemanTBI

Im a Hounds fan and what Nicky did to Vail was just despicable.

He is such a skilled forward but he also an asshat

Old
12-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Rubbers29

There is not a lot that Spits and Knights fans agree on, but Cousins is clearly on the top of that list! The kid can play hockey no question, but instantly give up a ton of appeal by pulling crap his own team's fans shake their head at! He plays with the skill of a 25 year old with the maturity of a 9 year old! Eventually someone is going to have enough and tune him up regardless of the suspension to follow, my guess is if he pulls that crap in Owen Sound one of these times, Zweep will gladly sit ten games to show him the error in his ways!

Old
12-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Section103

How did Pavelka not get a star tonight He gave them the chance to win this one.

And yeah, nice spear by Cousins at the end Next game against the hounds should be fun.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:05 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
How did Pavelka not get a star tonight He gave them the chance to win this one.

And yeah, nice spear by Cousins at the end Next game against the hounds should be fun.
Sounds like Cousins was up to his usual self and showing great sportsmanship . I do not think there has ever been a junior player I have disliked this much.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:14 PM
OHLTG

That explains why the Spitfire was down. I didn't see what happened, just someone went down. Leave it to Cousins; all the talent in the world, but has the mentality of Steve Stiffler. When the league suspends you after you get ****-kicked by a guy from London, doesn't that tell you something?

This is the game the boys needed; the gutsy effort with everyone playing a reasonable game. There were some serious flaws, but I'll take the two points and run.

Pros:

- Pavelka. Need I say more?
- Defence. They stood up to the Hounds and did what they had to.
- Rychel. Not a fantastic effort, but sometimes being in the right place at the right time works.
- Keefe behind the Hounds' bench. I thought he looked nervous, but confident. The Hounds played a much more aggressive style, which I liked watching.
- Ho-Sang only tried to deke out the entire roster five times. That's an improvement.

Cons:

- Passes to nowhere. I like the creativity, but one of these days someone is going to owe Pavelka a buffet, nevermind dinner.
- The power-play needs to change. This isn't the 2009/2010 team. Change the styles as the players talents change.
- Nick Cousins. Just in general.

If the Spits can stop trying to make the perfect pass, or the perfect shot, and just get the puck on net, crash the net, and bang hard...they'll actually be okay. This "I gotta go through everyone, then make a beautiful pass through another 5 guys" stuff doesn't work. We're not Hall, Henrique, Nemisz, etc. Do what works. Puck on net, crash the goalie, make him know you're there, and get that rebound into the net. It seems simple enough, no?

Old
12-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Ottomatic

Even worse with the spear in the nuts was Vail crumpled to the ice as the puck went back to the point for one last desperation shot - I was cringing at the possibility Brady would take a point shot in the face.

Cousins should get suspended for it - at least a couple of games. Lucky the Spits didn't know what happened when it happened or it could have been an ugly scene. And going by the Rupert/Cousins slash precedent the Spit getting revenge wouldn't get suspended.

Bilcke seemed to have learned from watching Sieloff getting all the fights without them counting. Runs over a opponent with a clean check and then gets to take on who ever tries to white knight the damsel in distress. Unfortunately Bilke got pummeled - maybe he also learned that when you land the big hit that you too are feeling it's effects as the other guy not involved comes in to fight you.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
going by the Rupert/Cousins slash precedent the Spit getting revenge wouldn't get suspended.
The slash that Rupert gave cousins was VERY embelished by Cousins, the league saw that and I think thats why you saw so little in the way of a suspension for it, Also it was very ineffective, slash that hits the top of the pants, cousins plays dead for a few minutes and then while a major scrum breaks out, he stands up and skates back to watch the show, no worse for the wear.
The reason I mention suspensions is that I think that you will see a cheap shot on someone that will result in a teamate grabbing the unwilling Cousins and pounding on him until the refs decide they have seen enough.
I am not advocating these actions, merely stating that if things keep on this current pace with Cousins shennanigans, I could see it happening

Old
12-06-2012, 11:03 PM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
That explains why the Spitfire was down. I didn't see what happened, just someone went down. Leave it to Cousins; all the talent in the world, but has the mentality of Steve Stiffler. When the league suspends you after you get ****-kicked by a guy from London, doesn't that tell you something?

This is the game the boys needed; the gutsy effort with everyone playing a reasonable game. There were some serious flaws, but I'll take the two points and run.

Pros:

- Pavelka. Need I say more?
- Defence. They stood up to the Hounds and did what they had to.
- Rychel. Not a fantastic effort, but sometimes being in the right place at the right time works.
- Keefe behind the Hounds' bench. I thought he looked nervous, but confident. The Hounds played a much more aggressive style, which I liked watching.
- Ho-Sang only tried to deke out the entire roster five times. That's an improvement.

Cons:

- Passes to nowhere. I like the creativity, but one of these days someone is going to owe Pavelka a buffet, nevermind dinner.
- The power-play needs to change. This isn't the 2009/2010 team. Change the styles as the players talents change.
- Nick Cousins. Just in general.

If the Spits can stop trying to make the perfect pass, or the perfect shot, and just get the puck on net, crash the net, and bang hard...they'll actually be okay. This "I gotta go through everyone, then make a beautiful pass through another 5 guys" stuff doesn't work. We're not Hall, Henrique, Nemisz, etc. Do what works. Puck on net, crash the goalie, make him know you're there, and get that rebound into the net. It seems simple enough, no?
ho sang will pass the puck when rest of this team realizes they need to be open ....ho sang IMO is the only reason to spend a dime watching the spits ......his vision is head and shouldrs ahead of most on this squad ,he's 16 and quite frankly ,can skate threw a team ,just sayin if kerby is rated 22 overall in this draft ho sang is a legitmate no 1 overall

Old
12-06-2012, 11:29 PM
hockeylegend11

Nice comeback victory by the spits,the Vail line was solid all nite,as well as HoSang,gorgeous behind the back pass for Johnson to score,Sanvido played very well in his return game from suspension,as did M.Clarke
As with most home games Pavelka was outstanding,infact in his home starts he has allowed only 33 goals excluding shootout goals in 14 starts and thats including 10 goals against vs OwenSd and Guelph,and only 23 in the other 12 starts,fantastic
His record at home is 9-3-0-2

Old
12-06-2012, 11:39 PM
hockeylegend11

With the win against the Hounds last nite 1st time since late Sept that the spits have won 2 in a row since late Sept,in fact now 2-0-0-1 in their last 3 games and 3-2-0-1 in their last 6
Spits and Pavelka have only allowed 5 goals in their past 3 games excluding shootout goals,but have scored only 6
In the past 6 games Spits have scored 13 goals and allowed 13 goals excluding empty netters,pretty good on the defensive side of the puck ave goals against is less than 2.20,
offense is still struggling but that being said take the wins and worry later

Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
ho sang will pass the puck when rest of this team realizes they need to be open ....ho sang IMO is the only reason to spend a dime watching the spits ......his vision is head and shouldrs ahead of most on this squad ,he's 16 and quite frankly ,can skate threw a team ,just sayin if kerby is rated 22 overall in this draft ho sang is a legitmate no 1 overall
I agree with this. Ho-Sang is a playmaker and so he tries to create scoring opportunities, rather than dumping the puck to a spot where no one is. The big problem is that when he starts going, his teamates stop to watch him as well.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Sounds like Cousins was up to his usual self and showing great sportsmanship . I do not think there has ever been a junior player I have disliked this much.
For me, Zac Rinaldo tops my list of most hated junior players. He was extremely dirty and was out to hurt someone every shift.

Cue an argument with PP31 in 3...2...1

Old
12-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
The slash that Rupert gave cousins was VERY embelished by Cousins, the league saw that and I think thats why you saw so little in the way of a suspension for it, Also it was very ineffective, slash that hits the top of the pants, cousins plays dead for a few minutes and then while a major scrum breaks out, he stands up and skates back to watch the show, no worse for the wear.
Sounds familiar!

Paging Steven Stamkos.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:41 AM
south of the border

Ho Sang keeps improving and he is fun to watch! Other teams starting to body him more effectively as they seem him for second and third times. Sanvido was frozen on Tolchinsky goal right next to shooter, not great. Vail line was very strong on Cousins line all night [not a great face-off night though] and for the last 2 minutes of game it got pretty rough [as it should], lots of hits and stick play by Vail which I think was what led Cousins to the "cup check" - he was very frustrated. We will see again in about a week.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:49 AM
RayzorIsDull

It was nice to see them get 2 wins a row. They battled back to get the win. I didn't think their performance for the first 30 minutes was that good, Soo was able to break out of their zone quite easily very little pushback from Windsor. Turning point was probably getting to 2-2 because on that PP they were very disorganized and almost gave up a SH goal, just as they almost did on the PP earlier. It's really feast or famine in the division they can beat Soo and Saginaw but can't beat Plymouth or Sarnia.

As for Nick Cousins he's no different than Steve Downie except Cousins may have more skill. The only difference is Downie wore out his welcome and punched his ticket out of town in 2 years and Dick Todd was able to harness him a bit but he went back to his clown routine in the NHL. Cousins has stuck in the Soo for 4 years.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
It was nice to see them get 2 wins a row. They battled back to get the win. I didn't think their performance for the first 30 minutes was that good, Soo was able to break out of their zone quite easily very little pushback from Windsor. Turning point was probably getting to 2-2 because on that PP they were very disorganized and almost gave up a SH goal, just as they almost did on the PP earlier. It's really feast or famine in the division they can beat Soo and Saginaw but can't beat Plymouth or Sarnia.

As for Nick Cousins he's no different than Steve Downie except Cousins may have more skill. The only difference is Downie wore out his welcome and punched his ticket out of town in 2 years and Dick Todd was able to harness him a bit but he went back to his clown routine in the NHL. Cousins has stuck in the Soo for 4 years.
The other big difference is that Downie dropped the gloves to back up whatever he did.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:11 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
For me, Zac Rinaldo tops my list of most hated junior players. He was extremely dirty and was out to hurt someone every shift.

Cue an argument with PP31 in 3...2...1
Hmmmm thats a tough one...I think my three most hated players in order would have to be Akim Alu, Zac Rinaldo, Cole Jarrett ... but Nick is a close third

Old
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
youngblood10

I have to give the Spits credit, they didn't fold the tent like I thought they might. And they got the win against a team that they have to beat at home. The Hounds have a fragile psyche and that was shown last night. A team that knows how to win takes that one to the house after a great start on the road.

Good goaltending at both ends in that one also to keep the score low.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Hmmmm thats a tough one...I think my three most hated players in order would have to be Akim Alu, Zac Rinaldo, Cole Jarrett ... but Nick is a close third
Why do you hate Aliu? Only thing he did was get harassed by downie and he stood up for him self. And I do like downie I just don't understand why you would hate Aliu.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Libbs

Quote:
I never did understand everyone's hate for Aliu. The kid was only sticking up for himself and not agreeing to participating in the stupid hazing rituals the team was doing. It was Downie that went all batty on him for it.

Yes he was a loose cannon on the ice, but why Windsor fans serenaded him with boos (he seemed to enjoy it anyways... his best games were against Windsor) is beyond me.

But look at it this way... without that whole incident, Steve Riolo would still own the team and it would no longer be in Windsor.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:57 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Matt Kennedy is at the top of my list for his pretty poor me act and his dad crying to the media about what big bad Kassian did to him. After possibly retiring he has continued to play hockey since that awful hit. I hope Kennedy is enjoying playing in the ECHL. Kris Vernarsky he will tell you he was a super player of course his last 7-8 years of hockey have been spent in the IHL, UHL and ECHL. When you're playing in a league that starts with a vowel for the last 7 years your career has gone down the crapper.

Closed Thread