HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gomez

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
  #26
Gally11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,603
vCash: 500
lol if there's anyone that wants a deal done ASAP it's Gomez, he's not gonna get half this contract next year when he's UFA

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:17 AM
  #27
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
lol if there's anyone that wants a deal done ASAP it's Gomez, he's not gonna get half this contract next year when he's UFA
Half his contract? Half? Gomer may well not be offered a contract as a UFA.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
  #28
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Half his contract? Half? Gomer may well not be offered a contract as a UFA.
He' gonna get a contract after this one of course, just not for playing hockey.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:59 AM
  #29
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 500
poor guy. must suck playing in the echl for free when you can play in the echl and make 7 million dollars

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:00 AM
  #30
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
He's PPG.


Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:13 AM
  #31
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear
 
Steve Shutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Colombia
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
He's played 8 games. So far he has 4 goals, 6 assists, +2, 10 PIM, 1 PPG, and 17 SOG.
Here's the link in case you want an update later:
http://www.echl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=skaters

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:15 AM
  #32
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear
 
Steve Shutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Colombia
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
He had a goal and 2 assists last night vs Utah

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:00 PM
  #33
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
He had a goal and 2 assists last night vs Utah
I smell a 100 point season in the NHL next year

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:19 PM
  #34
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Sarcasm aside, im happy for the little guy. He was broken mentally from his recent seasons in Mtl. Being able to produce again might change his mindset.

And then an amnesty clause will smite his ass.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:48 PM
  #35
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The only thing I will give Gomez credit for is getting to this level of hockey without ever practicing his wrist shot.
I lol'd

Him getting 35 goals in the NHL with that horrible shot is pretty mind-blowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Sarcasm aside, im happy for the little guy. He was broken mentally from his recent seasons in Mtl. Being able to produce again might change his mindset.

And then an amnesty clause will smite his ass.
That would be so sad. We buy him out and he goes on to have an all-star season. Classic ex-hab behaviour.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
  #36
montreal25m
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Gomez

I just want to say that no one is more frustrated with his play than himself. I have met Gomez, have a friend who has become really good friends with him as well. He is truely one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Very down to earth, does not show off, you can tell he comes from a great background, family etc. He invited us to a game last year, he wasn't playing as he was injured. It was in the bell center lodge for "sick kids" he has. He comes in, spends time with them. Sits down with them and watches the game etc. Taking pictures etc. He flew my buddy and his wife down during the summer to Alaska for his charity golf tournament. He met his family as well etc. Anyway, he had nothing but amazing things to say about the person Scott is and his family.

We tend to forget that it wasn't his choice to make all this money. Sather offered to him and his agent, hard for anyone to say "NO". I say it is pretty impressive that he is playing right now trying to get his game back in the ECHL and riding the bus etc. We all know he really doesn't have to do it.

montreal25m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:26 PM
  #37
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
The Gomez hate is old and boring,it was a mistake the second the trade happened. I blame Gainey for bringing him instead of bashing Gomez.I was never his fan but it would be nice to see him succeed again.

The guy is still a NHL caliber center but he's getting the salary of a all-star player.He could never meet fans expectations with the salary he's getting even if he got 70 points. He got more points in a single season then Gionta and Cammelleri with 59 points but even then he was getting bashed while Gionta and Cammelleri where fans favorites.

If he manages to get 40 points, I would be happy for him, he still have the skills but he lost his confidence.


Last edited by the: 12-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
  #38
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,923
vCash: 500
If 40 points is the best we can expect for a small, soft center who is average at best defensely and can't shoot, then yeah, he does in fact suck.

I'm sure he's a great guy and it's not his fault he has that horrible contract or Gainey sent the organization back 5 years by trading for him, but it is what it is and at this point we already have Eller, Desharnais and Plekanec all better than him, and if we end up trading Plekanec to make room for Gomez I will lose my ****.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:15 AM
  #39
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm sure he's a great guy .




came here to post this. heat of the moment, he's the only one with enough balls to at least go out and face the guy while the others ALL look away. this should have triggered world war 3, to this day, I can't understand how no one broke his stick on chara's head.


Last edited by THE HOFF: 12-12-2012 at 02:20 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:27 AM
  #40
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
The Gomez hate is old and boring,it was a mistake the second the trade happened. I blame Gainey for bringing him instead of bashing Gomez.I was never his fan but it would be nice to see him succeed again.

The guy is still a NHL caliber center but he's getting the salary of a all-star player.He could never meet fans expectations with the salary he's getting even if he got 70 points. He got more points in a single season then Gionta and Cammelleri with 59 points but even then he was getting bashed while Gionta and Cammelleri where fans favorites.

If he manages to get 40 points, I would be happy for him, he still have the skills but he lost his confidence.
There's only so much ice time to go around and only one center can be on at once. Hard to see him getting 40 points unless:

1) At least 2 of Eller/Desharnais/Plekanec are simultaneously injured for an extended period of time.
2) We end up with a coach who enjoys putting players out of position.

Granted, both are extremely likely in Habsland.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:55 AM
  #41
shack23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
3rd line LW for the remainder of rhe season before we burry him at 4.5 the year after. He could be usefull in a 2-way role feeding Eller and Armstrong IMO.
Really ? that's your plan for a third line ? Can't wait to see tha magic of an 11 point Gomez, " FEEDING " a 28 point Eller and a 3 point Armstrong. Baaa and Haaa !

shack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:59 AM
  #42
shack23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post


came here to post this. heat of the moment, he's the only one with enough balls to at least go out and face the guy while the others ALL look away. this should have triggered world war 3, to this day, I can't understand how no one broke his stick on chara's head.
Now that was funny, Gomez talking smack with Chara. Maybe Bravey Smurf didn't didn't suit up for this game.

shack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:03 AM
  #43
shack23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
He's PPG.

What the hell is this ?

shack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 04:00 PM
  #44
evilstanley
Registered User
 
evilstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: montréal, stie
Country: Hungary
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
if he suits up again for the habs i will hope for the best and give him my support. im honest and serious. and you can expect all his teammates to grant him the encouragement he needs.

ive met scotty @ burgondy lion in the past, and i absolutely respect the guy.

and yeah i really think getting some points up on the scoreboard, regardless of where youre playing, can get your confidence going. i think he has to find the game of hockey again, and just have fun.


flame on, but most of all, cheers Scotty!

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 04:35 PM
  #45
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shack23 View Post
What the hell is this ?
It's a post, you should know that by now


Join date: Oct 2009

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 07:47 PM
  #46
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m View Post
I just want to say that no one is more frustrated with his play than himself. I have met Gomez, have a friend who has become really good friends with him as well. He is truely one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Very down to earth, does not show off, you can tell he comes from a great background, family etc. He invited us to a game last year, he wasn't playing as he was injured. It was in the bell center lodge for "sick kids" he has. He comes in, spends time with them. Sits down with them and watches the game etc. Taking pictures etc. He flew my buddy and his wife down during the summer to Alaska for his charity golf tournament. He met his family as well etc. Anyway, he had nothing but amazing things to say about the person Scott is and his family.

We tend to forget that it wasn't his choice to make all this money. Sather offered to him and his agent, hard for anyone to say "NO". I say it is pretty impressive that he is playing right now trying to get his game back in the ECHL and riding the bus etc. We all know he really doesn't have to do it.
Alot of people say alot of good things about Scott Gomez...he seems like a great guy and team-mate...it's the contact people can't get past, and it's too bad...it's hard to believe that the guy just lost his talent? The only upside to a lost season, is one more year of the 7.3M cap hit is gone...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 08:11 PM
  #47
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Alot of people say alot of good things about Scott Gomez...he seems like a great guy and team-mate...it's the contact people can't get past, and it's too bad...it's hard to believe that the guy just lost his talent? The only upside to a lost season, is one more year of the 7.3M cap hit is gone...
I don't think anybody expected him to play like a 7.4 million dollar player, but when we acquired him he was playing like a 5 million dollar player, that would have been ok.

Habs fans had legitimate debates as to whether Gomez or Plekanec was the #1 center.

He went from 58 points to 38 points to 11 points.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
  #48
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If 40 points is the best we can expect for a small, soft center who is average at best defensely and can't shoot, then yeah, he does in fact suck.

I'm sure he's a great guy and it's not his fault he has that horrible contract or Gainey sent the organization back 5 years by trading for him, but it is what it is and at this point we already have Eller, Desharnais and Plekanec all better than him, and if we end up trading Plekanec to make room for Gomez I will lose my ****.
Eller has never even cracked 30 points.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
  #49
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Eller has never even cracked 30 points.
He's 23, makes ~1.5 million/year, plays with scrubs on the 3rd line in limited minutes, against tough opposition, and with no PP time.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:27 PM
  #50
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
He's 23, makes ~1.5 million/year, plays with scrubs on the 3rd line in limited minutes, against tough opposition, and with no PP time.
First of all, who cares what he earns.

Second of all, I must have missed the part where Gomez was getting great minutes last season and playing with top players. I also must have missed the part where Gomez played a whole season.

I don't care how far Gomez has fallen, to say that Eller is a better player than him definitively is ridiculous. This is the thing with Gomez, every single person distorts how they view at him because of his contract. Yet, Eller, is a darling despite never even cracking 30 freaking points.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.