HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kadri

Old
12-07-2012, 08:45 AM
AK1990

vCash: 500
According to Kypreous it was a first and a roster player (we don't know who that roster player was)...I want to say he was talking about Washington but can't say with 100% conviction.

Kadri has loads of skill and defense will come. He'll become a solid 2nd liner. Which is still really good but him being our future # 1 centre won't happen. He's an important player to have on a team. Your almost guaranteed a goal in the shootout with him on your team

AK1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post
According to Kypreous it was a first and a roster player (we don't know who that roster player was)...I want to say he was talking about Washington but can't say with 100% conviction.

Kadri has loads of skill and defense will come. He'll become a solid 2nd liner. Which is still really good but him being our future # 1 centre won't happen. He's an important player to have on a team. Your almost guaranteed a goal in the shootout with him on your team
More chances a guy like Joe colborne goes before Kadri IMO. If he is to move from our team, there has to be another player coming our way from maybe the canucks or from another organization.

12-07-2012, 09:13 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Not really. The guy was a top draft pick from the OHL (along with the WHL, generally quickest transition to pro), and was a year older than most of the players in his draft class. He's now in his 3rd AHL season, and isn't even a point per game.

Of course he's close (18pts in 20 games), but that's basically zero development from where he was 2 years ago (41 pts in 44 games), while his goals-to-assists ratio has dropped substantially.
However, he is growing in all other aspects of the game. His defensive play isnt as sloppy (its not great yet but its much better than it was), his core strength, balance and strength on the puck has greatly improved, etc. etc. etc. The Leaf management knows his offensive capabilities, its everything else that is holding him back which has been the focus of his season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Well MacAurther plays rw and Kadri if im not mistaken plays lw or at least is playing that in the ahl. If im wrong i take my offer back. I can see him playing the rest of this year in the ahl with the monarches and learning the kings system of more defensive then hes used to now. The kings have a need maybe next year at lw on the second line if they dont resign penner or / gagne. I would be content with letting kadri fight it out with pearson for the spot should they not get a named free agent for it. .
Kadri plays all 3 forward positions

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 AM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

I just don't see what kind of NHL player he translates to. A poor man's Mike Ribeiro isn't much of an NHLer.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:18 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Not really. The guy was a top draft pick from the OHL (along with the WHL, generally quickest transition to pro), and was a year older than most of the players in his draft class. He's now in his 3rd AHL season, and isn't even a point per game.

Of course he's close (18pts in 20 games), but that's basically zero development from where he was 2 years ago (41 pts in 44 games), while his goals-to-assists ratio has dropped substantially.
The draft class comparison is an interesting one. I'd suggest you look at the PPG of his peers from that class and then get back to me.

Also, you misunderstand why Kadri is in the AHL to begin with. The offense has never been the problem -- his strength and play away from the puck have. He's grown leaps and bounds there. Still hasn't put it together, but you shouldn't mistake his seasons in the AHL as the floundering of a struggling prospect. That's a remarkably shallow reading of his situation.

Last edited by 7even: 12-07-2012 at 09:26 AM.
7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:29 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
I just don't see what kind of NHL player he translates to. A poor man's Mike Ribeiro isn't much of an NHLer.
Im thinking more of a less delicate Hemsky.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:36 AM
topchowda

Does anyone know how many of Frattins goals Kadri got assists on. He only has 5 goals in 20 games and his improvement in stats seems to coincide with Frattin return/ hot start

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
Grabovski 2.0

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:43 AM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Grabovski 2.0
Maybe on offense, nowhere near the defensive abilities

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:55 AM
gabeliscious

burke wouldnt move kadri for a project. i dont feel like the leafs feel like he is a project or a bust either. its debatable whether or not he was handled poorly but i think kadri has tremendous upside.

i wouldnt say he is untouchable but for him to be moved i would think it would be as part of a package for something that will help us for years to come, not another roll of the dice so to speak.

the fact that it seems more likely that kadri becomes a winger at the nhl level is not a big deal. many many players were centers during their junior careers and wingers at the nhl level (kessel, jvr to name a few). the fact that the leafs have depth at wing does not mean that kadri cannot play on the third line at the nhl level either. many great young players started on the third line and worked their way up as they displaced older players.

realistically i think going into next season both kadri and frattin will be on the leafs.

lupul bozak kessel
jvr grabs kadri
kulemin mclemment frattin
brown steckel komorov

lombardi, connolly, mac all gone will open up room for them.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:57 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post

Kadri plays all 3 forward positions
I think this is part of the problem with Kadri there trying to make him play all postions and it hinder him in his developement. If they would leave him as one thing and let him play and gain the experience at said postion he would be alot better off. Just a outsiders opinion.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:09 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I think this is part of the problem with Kadri there trying to make him play all postions and it hinder him in his developement. If they would leave him as one thing and let him play and gain the experience at said postion he would be alot better off. Just a outsiders opinion.
Problem with Toronto is everyone is playing on random wings....

Natural LW

Kulemin
MacArthur
JVR
Kadri

Natural RW

Lupul
Kessel
Frattin

Last season top 6

LW - Lupul, MacArthur
RW - Kessel, Kulemin

Toronto bases their line-up on chemistry rather than position.

Last edited by The Podium: 12-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old
12-07-2012, 10:27 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:

Natural LW

Kulemin
MacArthur
JVR
Kadri
Frattin

Natural RW

Lupul
Kessel

Last season top 6

LW - Lupul, MacArthur
RW - Kessel, Kulemin

In the team's defense, Lupul had a career year on LW as did Kulemin the year prior on RW. Also, I thought Frattin was a natural RW? That's what is says on his draft bio.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:28 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
In the team's defense, Lupul had a career year on LW as did Kulemin the year prior on RW. Also, I thought Frattin was a natural RW? That's what is says on his draft bio.
Sorry my mistake, Frattin is a RW.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:33 AM
HABS2DCUP

I don't know about other Habs fans, but I would do Leblanc and a second for Kadri. Both players are from the 09 draft have had similar progress so far, Kadri is more offensively skilled then Leblanc but Leblanc is more of a solid 2-way player.

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:

Natural LW

Kulemin
MacArthur
JVR
Kadri

Natural RW

Lupul
Kessel
Frattin

Last season top 6

LW - Lupul, MacArthur
RW - Kessel, Kulemin

What do you mean by "natural"? Lupul personally himself prefers the left wing, so in that case, I'd say he was in his rightful position.

Lupul ----- kessel
MacArthur Grabovski Kulemin
Vanriemsdyk ----- frattin

1st - everyone in preferred positions
2nd - each had career years in position
3rd - again preferred

The real problem in toronto isn't positions, it's the lack of a #1 C, and a #1A goaltender.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I don't see how it makes sense for Toronto to trade Kadri for Kipper. If there isn't a season, Toronto gets 1 year of a 37 year old Kiprusoff. If they could re-sign him for another 3 years at a very reasonable rate it might be okay. I still think Luongo is a better option as he is 3 years younger. Assuming both goalies are about equal skill wise, you're essentially paying a bit more for twice as many years of solid goaltending.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I don't see how it makes sense for Toronto to trade Kadri for Kipper. If there isn't a season, Toronto gets 1 year of a 37 year old Kiprusoff. If they could re-sign him for another 3 years at a very reasonable rate it might be okay. I still think Luongo is a better option as he is 3 years younger. Assuming both goalies are about equal skill wise, you're essentially paying a bit more for twice as many years of solid goaltending.
If it was only a "bit more" it wouldn't be a problem. But if Gillis' price tag is any indication....i'd say it would be a helluva lot more. And yes, Kipper would have 1 year left, but there is the option of resigning him for 2-3 more. That's better than 10 years more....no?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Violent By Design

I don't really understand where all the Kadri hate comes from. He was drafted 3 years ago, has put up great numbers in the AHL and has been somewhat successful at the NHL level. Must be the curse of being a Leaf prospect. People expect too much from younger players these days.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
4 or less years of Kipper > 10 years of being handcuffed to Lu's contract.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Descendent*

2nd round draft pick from the Florida Panthers where there wont be much pressure on him. I hope that he gets traded and can turn around his career.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
22 year old who has nearly put up a PPG in the AHL while trying to learn/develop other aspects of his game needs to turn around his career?

He never thrived at the NHL level because there was never a real moment to. Everytime he's put into the lineup, it's a toxic situation.

Is he going to be a star? No but it's ridiculous to act like he's AHL fodder.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:31 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I can only see him involved in a trade for another underachieving prospect. Kyle Beach comes to mind.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Descendent*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
22 year old who has nearly put up a PPG in the AHL while trying to learn/develop other aspects of his game needs to turn around his career?

He never thrived at the NHL level because there was never a real moment to. Everytime he's put into the lineup, it's a toxic situation.

Is he going to be a star? No but it's ridiculous to act like he's AHL fodder.
Sounds like Rob Schremp, where is he at age 26?

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
conway902

Funny he has something like 15 points in his last 10 games and he is a struggling prospect.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote