HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 04:37 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Damn. You guys are starting to make me think that my standards are too high.
When you get superstars on a semi-weekly basis, you can afford to have high standards. <Gives the look of: Not impressed due to PPM's favouratism of you over me.>

Old
12-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Temm

Quote:
If anyone wants him, let me know. I'll throw him up on the market.
Not I. Although he would benefit my team, my team is and always has been Commonwealth-country-players-only, and you have no players that match that description.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
When you get superstars on a semi-weekly basis, you can afford to have high standards. <Gives the look of: Not impressed due to PPM's favouratism of you over me.>
That's soccer. In hockey, I have to have one of the worst SAs in all of PPM. This guy might be my first pull with all relevant Qs above 80 in I don't even know how long. Maybe since Jose Baker? March 11th of 2011. One year and eight months ago My best pull since then was a winger with three Qs around 81 and a shot Q of 63.

Or maybe hats normal?

Old
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Or maybe hats normal?
Hats are certainly normal . (But yes, getting squat time and time again is the nominal result.)

Old
12-07-2012, 06:29 AM
tujague

Quote:
Hats are certainly normal . (But yes, getting squat time and time again is the nominal result.)
Do you know what else is normal? My soccer academy pumping out good players. Three more 3.5 star players last night. Calm down. Only one has the unscouted potential to help me in the future
Nicholas Clark has 408or, is 5/6, Mid Qs of 82/79/63/51/65. Could work as a CM if the Tech Q bounces.
Edward Chase has 386or, is 6/6, D Qs of 75/68/63/73/77. Needs several friendly bounces also.
The star of the bunch might be...
Luther O'Shea has 391or, is 6/6, Forward Qs of 87/93/64/91/72/69. He is a righty though. So not perfect

This is messed up.

EDIT: And the hockey pull, Gilbert Vera, is scouted: 84/84/71/93 with a shot Q of 97. So I guess he'spretty good, too

Last edited by tujague: 12-07-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old
12-07-2012, 09:08 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Do you know what else is normal? My soccer academy pumping out good players. Three more 3.5 star players last night. Calm down. Only one has the unscouted potential to help me in the future
Nicholas Clark has 408or, is 5/6, Mid Qs of 82/79/63/51/65. Could work as a CM if the Tech Q bounces.
Edward Chase has 386or, is 6/6, D Qs of 75/68/63/73/77. Needs several friendly bounces also.
The star of the bunch might be...
Luther O'Shea has 391or, is 6/6, Forward Qs of 87/93/64/91/72/69. He is a righty though. So not perfect

This is messed up.

EDIT: And the hockey pull, Gilbert Vera, is scouted: 84/84/71/93 with a shot Q of 97. So I guess he'spretty good, too
&T%(TA^&*SYVAS(HADSM&^(DFVA)GH&DTS*BSDY^TRASGIFVKS AF

(Button Mashing)

How in the (%^A^%&TS)&DGF)ASFAD&F*GDS_)SNDFG)N)S*DGF(SGS

I get jack squat time and time again and you get 3 in one pull that're better than anything I've had in months and months! I'm even debating scrapping my 100% YT SDs and just saying f^(|< it!

Old
12-07-2012, 09:34 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
So I'm having buyers remorse after my first "big" purchase.

I purchased a 19, 5/6, U, CD. Unscouted qualities look solid- probably end up being mid-high 70s position adjusted qualities.

800 OR, pretty solid build 244 D, 120-100 secondaries.

Price tag $44,500,000...

I may have over paid, I'm thinking I did; but I needed to make an upgrade on my roster if I wanted to climb the ranks and make some head way in I.1 and not just flirt with relegation each season. I've been watching the markets for a couple weeks now and losing out on everyone. Someone want to talk me off the cliff? He'll be an instant upgrade at CD by about 35 DEF pts, and is 3 years younger (with a good C/L) than my current starter.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
So I'm having buyers remorse after my first "big" purchase.

I purchased a 19, 5/6, U, CD. Unscouted qualities look solid- probably end up being mid-high 70s position adjusted qualities.

800 OR, pretty solid build 244 D, 120-100 secondaries.

Price tag $44,500,000...

I may have over paid, I'm thinking I did; but I needed to make an upgrade on my roster if I wanted to climb the ranks and make some head way in I.1 and not just flirt with relegation each season. I've been watching the markets for a couple weeks now and losing out on everyone. Someone want to talk me off the cliff? He'll be an instant upgrade at CD by about 35 DEF pts, and is 3 years younger (with a good C/L) than my current starter.
Certainly not a waste of money. That's a very solid purchase and if anything a steal! You could get older players for cheaper but this guy will be a long-term fixture on your team. Here's hoping his C/L stays steady for another couple season! Nice buy!

Old
12-07-2012, 09:48 AM
canucks357

Woo 2,000th post. That is all. Just realized how much I post on here y'all are likely sick of hearing my blabbler!

Old
12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Certainly not a waste of money. That's a very solid purchase and if anything a steal! You could get older players for cheaper but this guy will be a long-term fixture on your team. Here's hoping his C/L stays steady for another couple season! Nice buy!
Whew that makes me feel better. I am happy with it though in that it makes my team significantly better on the back end right now, but isn't a 23 or 24 YO like some of the guys I lost out on- those would have been short term solutions.

Just spending up all my cash today.

Lonnie Rambeau 17 yo, 6/6, CM, 763 OR. Position adjusted quality should be in the mid-high 70s as well. This guy isn't a day 1 starter- is in line with my # 3 guy- but with his age, CL, and qualities he shouldn't be far off (4 years younger than my # 3, and 3 years off my # 1 & # 2. I'll try to get him in the rotation early, which will also allow me to play more games on normal and have decent energy at the end of the season.

Again, this one may have been an overpayment but I really like this kid, and with that OR at that age I really like what he could be.

Edit: forgot to include price: 36,500,000, he was originally purchased from FC Corona (An american player woo) for 36,750,000 last season so figure at the least it's a fair price.

Looking at the US roster he may have a small shot at that team- if they open up U-18 & U-20 teams soon I think he'd have a good shot at those.

Last edited by doug5984: 12-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old
12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
tujague

Nice pickups, Doug. As always, you have to hope the CL holds up. But a good defense is pretty important. Obryantj has made a living off of his ridiculous defense/goalie. Nobody even puts shots on goal anymore. He's defensive Mid probably helps, but damn that's a good defense.

Quote:
&T%(TA^&*SYVAS(HADSM&^(DFVA)GH&DTS*BSDY^TRASGIFVKS AF

(Button Mashing)

How in the (%^A^%&TS)&DGF)ASFAD&F*GDS_)SNDFG)N)S*DGF(SGS

I get jack squat time and time again and you get 3 in one pull that're better than anything I've had in months and months! I'm even debating scrapping my 100% YT SDs and just saying f^(|< it!
I've tried to make it stop! I even talked about it on PPM trying to jinx myself. That seemed to slow it down for a bit, but... It's back. Maybe.

A hidden benefit to this madness is the money it's going to save me. I can't build SA14 because 13 is working out so well. And once this thing dries up, it'll be pointless to build 14 because I'll have used up all of my youth pull luck. That saves me what? 230M for SA13&14? Plus daily expenses. Yay

Old
12-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Whew that makes me feel better. I am happy with it though in that it makes my team significantly better on the back end right now, but isn't a 23 or 24 YO like some of the guys I lost out on- those would have been short term solutions.

Just spending up all my cash today.

Lonnie Rambeau 17 yo, 6/6, CM, 763 OR. Position adjusted quality should be in the mid-high 70s as well. This guy isn't a day 1 starter- is in line with my # 3 guy- but with his age, CL, and qualities he shouldn't be far off (4 years younger than my # 3, and 3 years off my # 1 & # 2. I'll try to get him in the rotation early, which will also allow me to play more games on normal and have decent energy at the end of the season.

Again, this one may have been an overpayment but I really like this kid, and with that OR at that age I really like what he could be.

Edit: forgot to include price: 36,500,000, he was originally purchased from FC Corona (An american player woo) for 36,750,000 last season so figure at the least it's a fair price.

Looking at the US roster he may have a small shot at that team- if they open up U-18 & U-20 teams soon I think he'd have a good shot at those.
Looks like a good purchase to me. I have a couple of 17 year olds with more OR, but they're 5/6 and 4/6 respectively. CM has historically been the position where I'm most likely to spend big bucks. If he can provide consistency in the line-up at CM, that's a huge plus.

Quote:
Nice pickups, Doug. As always, you have to hope the CL holds up. But a good defense is pretty important. Obryantj has made a living off of his ridiculous defense/goalie. Nobody even puts shots on goal anymore. He's defensive Mid probably helps, but damn that's a good defense.
My defense has been the strength of my team for a while. This year's defense could still use a couple of upgrades, but F is the position I should concentrate on (after I finish upgrading my stadium and potentially start RF-15 as well). SD has 3 solid prospects coming up, so I should probably hold off on making an upgrade there. I have 9 CDs on my team, but 6 of them are 17 or younger and none of those 6 are ready to contribute.

Quote:
I've tried to make it stop! I even talked about it on PPM trying to jinx myself. That seemed to slow it down for a bit, but... It's back. Maybe.

A hidden benefit to this madness is the money it's going to save me. I can't build SA14 because 13 is working out so well. And once this thing dries up, it'll be pointless to build 14 because I'll have used up all of my youth pull luck. That saves me what? 230M for SA13&14? Plus daily expenses. Yay
I wouldn't hold off on upgrading just because of to the (perceived) possibility of your luck running out. As an fyi, I had a 2.5* player with 415 OR and 6/6 today. I added him to the roster just to see how he looks. Maybe he'll at least bring in a small sum of cash that I could use towards accessories.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:42 AM
suprvilce

Anyone knows if team tactics have a chemistry just like PP and PK tactics, except that it's hidden? Was wondering about it for some time, seeing some top teams usually play with same tacits.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:49 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Anyone knows if team tactics have a chemistry just like PP and PK tactics, except that it's hidden? Was wondering about it for some time, seeing some top teams usually play with same tacits.
Nope. There is no such thing.

##############################################

Was I the only one who didn't get a superstar on Thursday!?!?! My Swiss friend pulled a 413OR 88AQ (he sees 91) 15 6/6 guy (and of course it was early in the season). First thing he did was offer for me to buy him but I'm poor as can be! I'm certain if one of you rich guys make him a fat offer he'll comply.

Last edited by canucks357: 12-08-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old
12-08-2012, 11:30 AM
tujague

I love that Swiss guy's name. That's crazy. What's his position? Duh. Never mind. I can't buy any more youngsters.

Scouted the recent pull. Luther O'Shea is a forward. 89/93 62/87/66/61 P/T/S/H. That's not too bad. I'd love to sell him now, but then some bastage will get offered five times as much when he's 16 and still 6/6. Sumbich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I wouldn't hold off on upgrading just because of to the (perceived) possibility of your luck running out. As an fyi, I had a 2.5* player with 415 OR and 6/6 today. I added him to the roster just to see how he looks. Maybe he'll at least bring in a small sum of cash that I could use towards accessories.
It is a numbers based game, so I won't be changing that number until it dries up completely. And when it does dry up, there will be no reason to build SA14 because I won't be getting good pulls for quite a while after this. I know it's all supposed to be random and blah blah blah. But I have to pretend like my decisions matter, dammit!

Old
12-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Obryantj

Quote:

Was I the only one who didn't get a superstar on Thursday!?!?! My Swiss friend pulled a 413OR 88AQ (he sees 91) 15 6/6 guy (and of course it was early in the season). First thing he did was offer for me to buy him but I'm poor as can be! I'm certain if one of you rich guys make him a fat offer he'll comply.
I definitely didn't get a superstar this week. I added the Swiss player to my scouting queue, but he only shows as an 80AQ and isn't in his league's top 22 AQ players.

Edit: Scouting completed. Looks like an LD to me and not a bad one. I might be interested in him in a couple of weeks, but I couldn't rationalize spending much on him with my current SD situation. Any idea what kind of pricing he's expecting?

Quote:
I love that Swiss guy's name. That's crazy. What's his position? Duh. Never mind. I can't buy any more youngsters.

Scouted the recent pull. Luther O'Shea is a forward. 89/93 62/87/66/61 P/T/S/H. That's not too bad. I'd love to sell him now, but then some bastage will get offered five times as much when he's 16 and still 6/6. Sumbich.
Only if he stays 6/6. The 2.5* player forward I pulled (due to high OR) ended up at:
73/ 66/ 67/ 64/ 45/ 70. He'd still average over 1.2 training per day it seems, but I'm not sure if I should drop him immediately or try to sell him.

Quote:
It is a numbers based game, so I won't be changing that number until it dries up completely. And when it does dry up, there will be no reason to build SA14 because I won't be getting good pulls for quite a while after this. I know it's all supposed to be random and blah blah blah. But I have to pretend like my decisions matter, dammit!
I agree that its a numbers based games and I think that decisions regarding facilities do matter. Its just a decision about where to spend the money and I'm happy to be at a point where I won't be spending anymore money (besides maintenance costs) on my SA. I think of adding SA levels as adding days of training to a player.

Last edited by Obryantj: 12-08-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Obryantj

As the hockey season draws to a close, I have a few decisions to make. My team performed well this season, finishing 7th in the regular season and presumably 6th in the playoffs. I currently show as 10th in terms of OTS with 2 more teams within 1 OTS of mine. There will be 3-5 teams promoting that currently have a higher OTS than my team as well. My arena will hit 11,000 seats tonight. Here's the main items that I'm considering spending money on:

A RW. My RW4 is by far my weakest position on the team. Ideally I'll be looking to get a 900+ OR, 80+ EQ, 5+ CL, U-19 player to fill this spot. More OR could relax some of the other restrictions, but I'm not looking to add anyone over 21 and definitely no 3/6 players. I've been looking on the market, but have not been willing to spend 50M+ that many of these guys have gone for.

Invest in Arena. By the time the sponsorship offers arrive, I'll have the cash to upgrade another section to a max TFM. My plan during this season was to try to save enough cash to build two more max TFMs and taking a loan to make sure it happened. My team's surprising performance has kind of "spoiled" me into thinking that I could turn my team into a perennial playoff team if I spend money elsewhere.

TF-15. All of the teams higher than me in the standings have TF-15. This is something that I want to have sooner rather than later, but will not help me next season (due to the construction time). It would allow me to distance myself from the pack that I'm currently in over time. In order to compete in the long-run, I need this.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:27 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Any idea what kind of pricing he's expecting?
No idea. Not sure he's even selling, but if you want to make him an offer go for it. He likely won't turn you done. He's poor like me.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Emerald76

Just completed what may be a very important week regarding the destination of Ireland 1.I league title come the end of the season in soccer.

Played all 3 of my main challengers, 2 away from home, and picked up a maximum 9 points - albeit to the detriment of my players seasonal energy!

On the plus side, I'm 5 points clear, and the 3 main rivals lost out on their energy usage in those games too - so me walking away with the spoils feels great!

My weakness though, is failing to apply the same meticulous detail that goes into the big games to the not-so-big-games.

9 games in, I've picked up maximum points while scoring 43 goals and shipping just 3.
I have to make sure I take care of the games I should win, which has been my downfall over the last few seasons.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
old time hockey4

Quote:

I didn't get a good one on thursday, but did pull a very solid CD the thursday before that: http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...-collin-drudge

C/L 6/6, AvQ 81, 89/69/89/85/86. Best part is his OR is already 436, liking that with basically 90 more days still in this season, he's been training at an average of 1.5 so far.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
I didn't get a good one on thursday, but did pull a very solid CD the thursday before that: http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...-collin-drudge

C/L 6/6, AvQ 81, 89/69/89/85/86. Best part is his OR is already 436, liking that with basically 90 more days still in this season, he's been training at an average of 1.5 so far.
I wish for once I'd get an early season stud pull like that. All mine come at the end of the season and of low OR (despite 100 efficiency youth training SDs) and lvl-13 SA. This means they make around 550 OR by the time they're turning 17. This partially contributes to...

############################

I feel like I shouldn't feel stressed and have anxiety over my soccer team. No matter what I do I get shafted. Brutal pulls time and time again. When I do get something adequate it's at the end of the season. On top of that, I've had 4 draws in a row where I've dominated possession and shots. I am about fed up with it frankly. If I didn't have so much time invested I'd walk. I can take losing. I can't take perpetual bad luck...

Old
12-10-2012, 08:28 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Just completed what may be a very important week regarding the destination of Ireland 1.I league title come the end of the season in soccer.

Played all 3 of my main challengers, 2 away from home, and picked up a maximum 9 points - albeit to the detriment of my players seasonal energy!

On the plus side, I'm 5 points clear, and the 3 main rivals lost out on their energy usage in those games too - so me walking away with the spoils feels great!

My weakness though, is failing to apply the same meticulous detail that goes into the big games to the not-so-big-games.

9 games in, I've picked up maximum points while scoring 43 goals and shipping just 3.
I have to make sure I take care of the games I should win, which has been my downfall over the last few seasons.
That sounds boring as hell I'm not sure if I'd even bother playing if I was winning every game in the top division. And I do the same thing with weaker teams. I think I've learned my lesson, but you never know when I'm going to heck out mentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post

Nice player! Very impressive OR. That's the only thing that makes me want to build SA14. The best guy I just pulled was 391or. The other guy I just scouted has 371 or. He's not as good as O'Shea, but decent Qs for a CD. 73/76/69/80/85 and a shot Q of 90. Neither one is training as well as your guy

Old
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
tujague

Quote:

A RW. My RW4 is by far my weakest position on the team. Ideally I'll be looking to get a 900+ OR, 80+ EQ, 5+ CL, U-19 player to fill this spot. More OR could relax some of the other restrictions, but I'm not looking to add anyone over 21 and definitely no 3/6 players. I've been looking on the market, but have not been willing to spend 50M+ that many of these guys have gone for.

Invest in Arena. By the time the sponsorship offers arrive, I'll have the cash to upgrade another section to a max TFM. My plan during this season was to try to save enough cash to build two more max TFMs and taking a loan to make sure it happened. My team's surprising performance has kind of "spoiled" me into thinking that I could turn my team into a perennial playoff team if I spend money elsewhere.
Your team is already a perennial playoff team. All the other playoff teams quit. Stick to your plan to build the stadium.

Quote:
I feel like I shouldn't feel stressed and have anxiety over my soccer team. No matter what I do I get shafted. Brutal pulls time and time again. When I do get something adequate it's at the end of the season. On top of that, I've had 4 draws in a row where I've dominated possession and shots. I am about fed up with it frankly. If I didn't have so much time invested I'd walk. I can take losing. I can't take perpetual bad luck...
Do you always use that formation with your dmen so far from the goal? That seems like a recipe for disaster. Sit a couple on the back line. Bring your SMs inside. Push both forwards near he other goal. Basically, use my formation Or Obryantj's. that sum*itch is pretty good, too.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
That sounds boring as hell I'm not sure if I'd even bother playing if I was winning every game in the top division. And I do the same thing with weaker teams. I think I've learned my lesson, but you never know when I'm going to heck out mentally.
I haven't won the top division since season 4 - I am far from winning all of the time.

But my goal is reclaim that title this season, that's why I'm going all out.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Do you always use that formation with your dmen so far from the goal? That seems like a recipe for disaster. Sit a couple on the back line. Bring your SMs inside. Push both forwards near he other goal. Basically, use my formation Or Obryantj's. that sum*itch is pretty good, too.
That improves my midfield rating which is my weakest area. I'll try a staggered back-line for the next week. We'll see how that works...

Closed Thread