HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

OT: Frankfurt Galaxy World Bowl Merchandise

Old
05-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
OT: Frankfurt Galaxy World Bowl Merchandise

I know this is off-topic and all, but I was hoping that more Germans/Europeans frequent this part of the board than the Other Sports part. I am looking for Frankfurt Galaxy World Bowl Champs t-shirt and hat. I can't find an online retailer that appears to carry this stuff. The "official" NFL Europe store doesn't actually carry NFL Europe merchandise just NFL stuff. So I'm curious where to look for it.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 04:22 AM
Bacchus

I found some stuff on http://www.fanplace.de/

Click on "Frankfurt Galaxy" in "Kategorien".

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 10:39 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Does anyone actually attend these games? How much interest is there? I always seems to think a majority of the crowd might be U.S. servicemen

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
I found some stuff on http://www.fanplace.de/

Click on "Frankfurt Galaxy" in "Kategorien".
Thanks I'll keep my eye on that place as it doesn't have World Bowl Champs stuff yet.

Old
05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Does anyone actually attend these games? How much interest is there? I always seems to think a majority of the crowd might be U.S. servicemen
The World Bowl yesterday appeared to be about half full and the majority of the crowd shots shown appeared to be Euros as they looked much like soccer fans.

Old
05-28-2006, 10:16 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
I have attended some Galaxy games throughout the last 5 years. Unfortunately it had been better (atmosphere etc.) a couple of years ago.

The crowd is totally different than the crowd at a NFL game. Half of the people don't have a clue about football, but the party is worth coming. There are also hundreds (maybe thousands) who actually don't get to see a second of the game, because they prefer drinking their beer outside of the stadium or are already drunk before the game starts.
In Frankfurt there is always a big party before the game, starts at 3.30pm and the game starts at 7pm or so. Sometimes famous musicians do have an appearance as well. Yeah, the show is great. They play music all the time when a play is over etc.

One of the funniest moments was, when Galaxy was losing big time and the stadium announcer tried his best to keep the people in the stadium. He made comments like: "Sorry, we have to interrupt the music for the next interception!" Priceless.

MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 05:38 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
I can only speak for the frankfurt area - but they are at least very popular here .. about a minimum 30.000 fans a game I would say.

GPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 05:41 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44
Thanks I'll keep my eye on that place as it doesn't have World Bowl Champs stuff yet.
Well I could buy you one, send it to Dan Galvin to Cleveland, you send him the money, he sends you the shirt down to California and he finally sends me the money back across the pond

sounds a bit - well - weird .. but hey ..?!

Unfortunately you'll receive the shirt closely to the kick off of the 07 NFL Europe season I fear

Old
05-29-2006, 09:03 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Yes, like GPF the across the pond relay could be done, but I would also call the NFL shop as they might have those for sale and not post it on the website. I believe I remember them having past years NFL Euorpe championship stuff.
The NFL Network should the game late last night and I caught a few minutes before heading off to bed. Could they have anymore smoke before the game started Where was the game played? Frankfurt? Didn't realize they had a retractable roof.

Old
05-29-2006, 09:34 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

No! The game was played in Duesseldorf!

sad arena there - was build for a major soccer team and probably to get a chance of hosting some games at the world cup of soccer. Unfortunately the city wasn't named as a world cup city and the local soccer team is playing .. we'll I dunno in the 4th tier league?!?

This building is abandoned since its completion!

Old
05-29-2006, 09:48 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
No! The game was played in Duesseldorf!

sad arena there - was build for a major soccer team and probably to get a chance of hosting some games at the world cup of soccer. Unfortunately the city wasn't named as a world cup city and the local soccer team is playing .. we'll I dunno in the 4th tier league?!?

This building is abandoned since its completion!
Wow! They built that and they don't even have a top tier soccer team to play there? Not even able to host a World Cup match? What a waste of money! Should have used that for youth hockey in Dusseldorf

Old
05-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
Well I could buy you one, send it to Dan Galvin to Cleveland, you send him the money, he sends you the shirt down to California and he finally sends me the money back across the pond

sounds a bit - well - weird .. but hey ..?!

Unfortunately you'll receive the shirt closely to the kick off of the 07 NFL Europe season I fear
haha well I found the shirt today on the website posted above. I am still looking for the hat though. My best idea outside of what I've tried is to email Reebok directly and see they have them for sale.

Old
05-30-2006, 01:18 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44
haha well I found the shirt today on the website posted above. I am still looking for the hat though. My best idea outside of what I've tried is to email Reebok directly and see they have them for sale.
If not - let me know!

Alot of people wearing these hats here right at the moment ... and Dan and I are mailing stuff back and forth back and forth back and forth ... maybe we should ask the our national post organizations for some reductions eh what do you think Dan ?!

Old
05-30-2006, 09:20 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
If not - let me know!

Alot of people wearing these hats here right at the moment ... and Dan and I are mailing stuff back and forth back and forth back and forth ... maybe we should ask the our national post organizations for some reductions eh what do you think Dan ?!
Yes, I little discount would be nice! Or if arrived a little faster!