HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: 5 for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 02:11 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
There are Carrabbas in the Chicago area? I was unaware of this. Used to eat there when I lived in Phoenix. Good eats. Didn't know there were any here.
Looks like they're in Naperville, Woodridge, and Northbrook.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
RayP

Isn't that basically the same exact place as Maggiano's?

Carrabbas are starting to pop up down here too, 3-4 in the general area... Although haven't been.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Ray, it's funny you bring up Maggiano's. We were down to Maggianos' and Carrabba's.

However, they are both Italian restaurants but nowhere near being the same place. Maggiano's is basically your typical great Chicago Italian restaurant. They have an all-you-can-eat menu for north of $30 that is absolutely delicious. Not a buffet but you just get piles of food.

Carrabba's is just a good Italian restaurant with more of a seafood influence. So damn good.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:49 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Ray, it's funny you bring up Maggiano's. We were down to Maggianos' and Carrabba's.

However, they are both Italian restaurants but nowhere near being the same place. Maggiano's is basically your typical great Chicago Italian restaurant. They have an all-you-can-eat menu for north of $30 that is absolutely delicious. Not a buffet but you just get piles of food.

Carrabba's is just a good Italian restaurant with more of a seafood influence. So damn good.
Maggiano's is a nationwide chain, not sure I'd call it a Chicago Italian joint... I'm not a huge fan personally, they smother everything with ridiculous amounts of cheese.

If Carrabba's has more of a seafood influence, then that definitely sounds better to me.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:58 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
If Carrabba's has more of a seafood influence, then that definitely sounds better to me.
Agreed, I'd like to try this place too now that I know about it.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Agreed, I'd like to try this place too now that I know about it.
Pretty good eats. Worth checking out.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Whew.... surprisingly productive day at work so far, so that's a nice change of pace. Already handled a decent amount of the work for next week through Wednesday already.

With any luck, by the end of the day, I'll have effectively half of the work for next week (that's already on the calendar) done before the week even starts.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Blue Liner

Got an unexpected day off after only two hours of work. Shift got cut short on account of my partner's wife going into labor. Yay me. Just ran some errands and doing some scouting/recruiting stuff throughout the day. Prepping for TBOX tomorrow. Anyone else going? It's my first time. Going with my girlfriend and her sisters. They've gone the last few years. Should be nothing short of complete gongshow.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:10 PM
RayP

Quote:
Got an unexpected day off after only two hours of work. Shift got cut short on account of my partner's wife going into labor. Yay me. Just ran some errands and doing some scouting/recruiting stuff throughout the day. Prepping for TBOX tomorrow. Anyone else going? It's my first time. Going with my girlfriend and her sisters. They've gone the last few years. Should be nothing short of complete gongshow.
Love having a Friday off, when others are working. Not to rub it in their face, but I always get so much done because we don't sit in a bar all day or at a house drinking and wasting the entire day.

Lucky *******. We were planning on TBOX, and I have some friends going... but had to change my trip up there to early January. Unless something changes in the immediate future, looks like you should have great weather, well for December in Chicago at least.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Love having a Friday off, when others are working. Not to rub it in their face, but I always get so much done because we don't sit in a bar all day or at a house drinking and wasting the entire day.

Lucky *******. We were planning on TBOX, and I have some friends going... but had to change my trip up there to early January. Unless something changes in the immediate future, looks like you should have great weather, well for December in Chicago at least.
Yeah I work an abnormal, non-9-5 kind of schedule so I have random weekdays off a lot. I dig it. Looking forward to tomorrow, no doubt. Weather could definitely be a lot worse.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
RayP

Quote:
Yeah I work an abnormal, non-9-5 kind of schedule so I have random weekdays off a lot. I dig it. Looking forward to tomorrow, no doubt. Weather could definitely be a lot worse.

I either work Sunday-Thursday, or Monday-Friday... usually about 50/50, although when I do go in on Sunday it's like 12-3 only. I really like when I get a Friday off, like I will next week... and sometimes it works out where I'm off Friday and Sunday, and get a real nice long weekend.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I either work Sunday-Thursday, or Monday-Friday... usually about 50/50, although when I do go in on Sunday it's like 12-3 only. I really like when I get a Friday off, like I will next week... and sometimes it works out where I'm off Friday and Sunday, and get a real nice long weekend.
Not bad at all. My weeks vary; I'll work either four 12-hour shifts, four 10-hour shifts, three 14-hour shifts, or occasionally even three 12's. All depends. Will be on 24-hour shifts eventually with days off in between.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:30 PM
RayP

Quote:
Not bad at all. My weeks vary; I'll work either four 12-hour shifts, four 10-hour shifts, three 14-hour shifts, or occasionally even three 12's. All depends. Will be on 24-hour shifts eventually with days off in between.
It really isn't... I don't have to come in till 10, out by 5, and that's considered a full day.... But there is quite a bit I'll do at home on a regular basis, especially if I'm just sitting on the couch watching tv.

You still doing the scouting thing?

Old
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
It really isn't... I don't have to come in till 10, out by 5, and that's considered a full day.... But there is quite a bit I'll do at home on a regular basis, especially if I'm just sitting on the couch watching tv.

You still doing the scouting thing?
Yeah it's mostly on weekends for the most part, occasional weeknights if there's a weeknight game or I go to a practice of one of the local teams to talk to players/coaches, etc.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Cullksinikers

Carrabba's was legit per usual. Ate a loaf of bread before my dinner came. For dinner, I had two shrimp scampi orders and a pepperoni and sausage woodfire pizza. I have a tapeworm. With all the Mountain Dew I drink and the unhealthy food out I get, I have no idea how I am in shape.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Carrabba's was legit per usual. Ate a loaf of bread before my dinner came. For dinner, I had two shrimp scampi orders and a woodfire pizza. I have a tapeworm. With all the Mountain Dew I drink and the unhealthy food out I get, I have no idea how I am in shape.
You're young. Give it time.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Cullksinikers

By the way, my birthday is on Wendesday (12/12/12). How cool is that?

Old
12-07-2012, 01:50 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

So I had traffic court for the 1st time in 10 years today. Quite the experience but let me give you the back story.

On labor day weekend I was out with this girl that lives in Naperville. We wanted to go out for a few drinks but decided to avoid DT Naperville because they are crazy with stops on weekends like that. Plus the Last Fling was going on. She's in S Naperville so we go to DT Plainfield. It's about the same distance.

On the way back we hit a fricken check point in Plainfield. I had 3 to 4 drinks in 3hrs. I wasn't drunk by any stretch but the possibility of .08 concerned me. The last drink they gave me was rather stiff, I was drinking Goose and water.

Give the cop insurance and license but it's my previous insurance card. Didn't put the new one in the car yet. He starts huffing and puffing and says I need to follow a Lexus to the next part. We move on but don't see a Lexus. Come up to a point where they are doing safety checks on cars on the left. This cop asks me if I'm going in this line or I'm leaving. I tell him I'm leaving. We go to the right and the next cops motions us out back on RT. 59. At this point I feel like I Jedi Mind tricked my way out of this ordeal.

Then I realize I don't have my license. I have a duplicate but I start calling around the next day. Nobody can tell who was running this check point. Eventually Will County tells me if I didn't receive a ticket they will probably just mail my stuff back.

Well I receive a notice that I missed a court date for no insurance. License is due to be suspended. I never received a ticket! Nor a notice for a court date. I have insurance, didn't have my current card at the time.

Go to court today and as I'm called I present my insurance card to the States Attorney (who was smoking hot by the way). Judge berates me for not waiting to be asked for it.

"I hate when people anticipate what I'm going to ask!!" She is visibly shaking. "Do you know why you're here?!" I was like, um.... no insurance. "Why did you miss your court date?!!" I never received a ticket at this check point. "You seem mad!" No, I'm just tired. "ticket dismissed!". Thank you, do you know how this impacts that letter I received from the Secretary of State. "Oh, now you want something from me?"

What the hell? I felt like I was in dream land. During this whole episode the States Attorney was attempting to hand back my insurance card but was so perplexed she didn't release it. We held it jointly for a good 30 seconds. LOL.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:05 PM
RayP

Quote:
Carrabba's was legit per usual. Ate a loaf of bread before my dinner came. For dinner, I had two shrimp scampi orders and a pepperoni and sausage woodfire pizza. I have a tapeworm. With all the Mountain Dew I drink and the unhealthy food out I get, I have no idea how I am in shape.

Don't get use to it... I use to get a triple from Wedny's, XL fry, and XL Dr Pepper about 4 times a week in college, and never gained a pound. Now, not so much. I can see a difference in my stomach after a single night of drinking.

Enjoy it while you can, but don't expect it to last much longer than like 5 more years.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:21 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Don't get use to it... I use to get a triple from Wedny's, XL fry, and XL Dr Pepper about 4 times a week in college, and never gained a pound. Now, not so much. I can see a difference in my stomach after a single night of drinking.

Enjoy it while you can, but don't expect it to last much longer than like 5 more years.
Yeah, I used to be able to eat 3 big macs after a night out. Now I just leave at 1 so I don't get heartburn.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
So I had traffic court for the 1st time in 10 years today. Quite the experience but let me give you the back story.

On labor day weekend I was out with this girl that lives in Naperville. We wanted to go out for a few drinks but decided to avoid DT Naperville because they are crazy with stops on weekends like that. Plus the Last Fling was going on. She's in S Naperville so we go to DT Plainfield. It's about the same distance.

On the way back we hit a fricken check point in Plainfield. I had 3 to 4 drinks in 3hrs. I wasn't drunk by any stretch but the possibility of .08 concerned me. The last drink they gave me was rather stiff, I was drinking Goose and water.

Give the cop insurance and license but it's my previous insurance card. Didn't put the new one in the car yet. He starts huffing and puffing and says I need to follow a Lexus to the next part. We move on but don't see a Lexus. Come up to a point where they are doing safety checks on cars on the left. This cop asks me if I'm going in this line or I'm leaving. I tell him I'm leaving. We go to the right and the next cops motions us out back on RT. 59. At this point I feel like I Jedi Mind tricked my way out of this ordeal.

Then I realize I don't have my license. I have a duplicate but I start calling around the next day. Nobody can tell who was running this check point. Eventually Will County tells me if I didn't receive a ticket they will probably just mail my stuff back.

Well I receive a notice that I missed a court date for no insurance. License is due to be suspended. I never received a ticket! Nor a notice for a court date. I have insurance, didn't have my current card at the time.

Go to court today and as I'm called I present my insurance card to the States Attorney (who was smoking hot by the way). Judge berates me for not waiting to be asked for it.

"I hate when people anticipate what I'm going to ask!!" She is visibly shaking. "Do you know why you're here?!" I was like, um.... no insurance. "Why did you miss your court date?!!" I never received a ticket at this check point. "You seem mad!" No, I'm just tired. "ticket dismissed!". Thank you, do you know how this impacts that letter I received from the Secretary of State. "Oh, now you want something from me?"

What the hell? I felt like I was in dream land. During this whole episode the States Attorney was attempting to hand back my insurance card but was so perplexed she didn't release it. We held it jointly for a good 30 seconds. LOL.
I'm an attorney, I hate judges. Some of the most incompetent people you will meet.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:32 PM
RayP

Quote:
Yeah, I used to be able to eat 3 big macs after a night out. Now I just leave at 1 so I don't get heartburn.

Heh... I'm just glad I got away from all that grease and sodium. I use to eat like absolute garbage, and when I changed my diet, couldn't believe how much better I felt on a daily basis.

Never had an issue with heartburn, although once every other month or so I'll get some bad acid reflux that destroys me for a few hours.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
digdug41982

I eat a lot better than I did back in the day but when I'm coming home after a night of partying, I'm picking up something quick, not getting the pots and pans out at 2 in the morning.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:42 PM
RayP

Quote:
I eat a lot better than I did back in the day but when I'm coming home after a night of partying, I'm picking up something quick, not getting the pots and pans out at 2 in the morning.
I just grab whatever I can out of the fridge, that doesn't have to be cooked or warmed up, and I can shove straight in my face... grab another handful, and walk upstairs to bed and hope that was enough to at least last me till I pass out.

What are some of your more memorable drunken concoctions? I'll have to give it some thought, but the first that comes to mind was when I was bombed, made a Bubba burger, thought I grabbed the mayo... but actually put about a cup worth of tartar sauce (which I ****ing hate) on it, and ate anyway. God that was a mess...

Old
12-07-2012, 02:47 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Getting a Dirty Bum from Famous Frank's down here. It's everything in the cart on one sandwich. It's basically egregious amounts of cheese, sauce, beef, hot dogs, cheese sticks, jalapenos, etc...

Dear God...

Closed Thread