HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames - Maple Leafs

Old
12-06-2012, 01:01 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Would Calgary do any Leaf prospect for Gaudreau save for Rielly?
Not a singular prospect I think, in a prospect exchange extravaganza? Maybe.

Gaudreau + Nemisz

for

Kadri + Blacker + Biggs

I bet you some Flames would bite. Really though, we are very, very high on Gaudreau. Him, Bartschi and Reinhart you will pretty much only hear "no" unless its an obvious win for the Flames.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
I don't know, Horaks got more points than both of them combined right now, Howse had chemistry with Horak. It could turn out bad for the Flames.
Yeah but, Blacker is a Defensive D and Colborne is an all around C.

I do really like Horak but I see Howse as pretty much a throw in at this point. To me its really just Horak for the two of them. Makes it an easy yes for me.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
CaptainCrunch67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Colborne for Horak
Nope, Horak didn't look out of place in the NHL last year and is looking better this year.

Colborne is on his way to bust town if he doesn't start playing to his size.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:44 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
That's a counter offer! First offer I didn't like so much, Flames take this in a heartbeat. Glad to get ANYTHING for Backlund and his four goal seasons. Have fun with that one.
Lol no. Backlund is already a fulltime defensive NHL center. Absolutely no interest in trading him. Especially for an unspectacular prospect who can't crack a mediocre leaf squad. Same with Horak, no interest, he's an NHLer as well, not trading him for anyone less proven.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Lol no. Backlund is already a fulltime defensive NHL center. Absolutely no interest in trading him. Especially for an unspectacular prospect who can't crack a mediocre leaf squad. Same with Horak, no interest, he's an NHLer as well, not trading him for anyone less proven.
Deals done man, Way too late.

To be fair Colborne does have 6 pts in 11 NHL games and did show flashes. He was usually in 3rd line role save for his first game at the end of the 10/11 season.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Haatley

vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post

To be fair Colborne does have 6 pts in 11 NHL games and did show flashes. He was usually in 3rd line role save for his first game at the end of the 10/11 season.
Colborne or kadri alone are not going to get you backlund.

Haatley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

Lol we can dream man, he would be a great addition to the leafs for sure.

12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
What about:

Joe Colborne + Kenny Ryan for Greg Nemisz + Michael Ferland?
Done.

Also yes to Backlund for Colborne.

And BIG yes to Nemisz for Colborne.

Would also be fine with Nemisz for Blacker.

Would also be fine with Ferland for Blacker.

AKA, the mediocre prospect shuffle.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:08 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Done.

Also yes to Backlund for Colborne.

And BIG yes to Nemisz for Colborne.

Would also be fine with Nemisz for Blacker.

Would also be fine with Ferland for Blacker.

AKA, the mediocre prospect shuffle.
Nope wouldn't do that, Backlund has found his game over seas I think he is a much better fit than Colbourne could ever be.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Neither of the Flames prospects needs a "change of scenery". Pass.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Ashasx

Nemisz is probably the Flames prospect that needs a change of scenery the most.

I would trade him for Blacker or Colborne, or variants of that. But I don't understand why we need to trade prospects like Gaudreau, Reinhart, and Ferland right now.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Nope wouldn't do that, Backlund has found his game over seas I think he is a much better fit than Colbourne could ever be.
It's a tier 2 european league in which former Flames bust Henrik Bjorklund is also one of the league leaders. Big deal.

EDIT: That's not to say I'm drooling at the prospect of having Colborne. Let's shake it up and see what happens. Backlund doesn't really do anything Horak or Reinhart couldn't do. The offense hasn't been there and he's mediocre to below average defensively.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
It's a tier 2 european league in which former Flames bust Henrik Bjorklund is also one of the league leaders. Big deal.
But he has more points than Kopitar

Old
12-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Lol we can dream man, he would be a great addition to the leafs for sure.
Dream?

It's Mikael Backlund I'm asking for, Not Iginla.

But anyway.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

EDIT: That's not to say I'm drooling at the prospect of having Colborne. Let's shake it up and see what happens. Backlund doesn't really do anything Horak or Reinhart couldn't do. The offense hasn't been there and he's mediocre to below average defensively.
Backlund is much better at faceoffs then either and is much better defensively than Horak. He was hurt most of last year, give him a chance in an offensive system and he will surprise you, it may be tier two but he is leading the league in ppg ahead of several notable players from the nhl. He like Horak need confidence to produce offensively, and he like Horak now has it it would be pointless to ship him out for Colborne who had a good 10 games in the nhl hasn't shown that those points will last by being mediocre in the AHL. A change of scenery wouldn't help Colborne he is playing like he going to be a big 3rd line center and Backlund already is a 3rd line center.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Noori

Backlund isn't better defensivley then Horak. Horak's positioning and tenacity is a fair bit better. Horak works harder on and off the ice; there's a reason both Ward and Sutter have praised Horak as being one of the most hardest working and coachable players (that's not to say Backlund isn't a good guy, but Horak has been noted as exceptional in that regard). While Backlund is busy touring Europe in the offseason, Horak hits the gym and comes into camp in the best shape of his life.

Backlund has gotten his chances and he has flubbed most of them. The Flames were about to send him to Abbotsford before he got injured, so he's not that guaranteed third line center some make him out to be. I don't mind if he gets one last one before the Flames decide to cut him loose, or it they just cut him loose at the end of the season. All I'm saying is that there really isn't a need to make excuses for Backlund, especially when we have other guys in the system who can do his job better.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:06 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Backlund isn't better defensivley then Horak. Horak's positioning and tenacity is a fair bit better. Horak works harder on and off the ice; there's a reason both Ward and Sutter have praised Horak as being one of the most hardest working and coachable players (that's not to say Backlund isn't a good guy, but Horak has been noted as exceptional in that regard). While Backlund is busy touring Europe in the offseason, Horak hits the gym and comes into camp in the best shape of his life.

Backlund has gotten his chances and he has flubbed most of them. The Flames were about to send him to Abbotsford before he got injured, so he's not that guaranteed third line center some make him out to be. I don't mind if he gets one last one before the Flames decide to cut him loose, or it they just cut him loose at the end of the season. All I'm saying is that there really isn't a need to make excuses for Backlund, especially when we have other guys in the system who can do his job better.
you need to lay off the pipe if you think Horak is better than Backlund, did you even watch them play last year? Horak was extremely sheltered and Backlund had some of the best defensive advanced stats on the team. You are seriously underselling his defensive game if you think Horak is better. And where do you get this info that he was going to be sent down? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:34 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
I cant see us getting much back for Backlund after his season of injuries.

He's one of my favorite flames to watch as we don't have a ton of guys on the team capable of stripping pucks away. If his hands get back to 100% I think he could be a clear cut top 6 player who works his butt off every night.

Obviously not untouchable but value is nothing now and I don't think it will stay that way.

There really has to be something workable between these teams though as we have filled up our top 9 in the NHL while Toronto is probably looking for a guy that can grow with Colbourne and/or Frattin.

Our top 2 defensive prospects will be Wotherspoon and Sieloff about 2 weeks into the NHL season when Brodie graduates (I like all 3 of these guys but it is pretty weak); while Toronto is stacked with young NHL defense man and Morgan Reilly is a stud.

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
you need to lay off the pipe if you think Horak is better than Backlund, did you even watch them play last year? Horak was extremely sheltered and Backlund had some of the best defensive advanced stats on the team. You are seriously underselling his defensive game if you think Horak is better. And where do you get this info that he was going to be sent down? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.
Feaster said it on the radio after his injury. I do, however, enjoy accusations of 'being on the pipe' and 'not watching them play' as if we're somehow not watching the same game. Horak's defensive game is better. It's the reason he was able to stick around for so long on the fourth line instead of being sent down to Abbotsford.

I'd love to see Backlund tear it up. But there's no reason to make excuses for him.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

leafs run with this

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:34 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Feaster said it on the radio after his injury. I do, however, enjoy accusations of 'being on the pipe' and 'not watching them play' as if we're somehow not watching the same game. Horak's defensive game is better. It's the reason he was able to stick around for so long on the fourth line instead of being sent down to Abbotsford.

I'd love to see Backlund tear it up. But there's no reason to make excuses for him.
No it's not the fact its debatable proves it, Backlund also was able to stick around on the 4th line but I believe Feaster was referring to a conditioning stint more than anything. You also forgot to add that Horak was sent the AHL but was called up again when injuries (backlund and others) pilled up and he was needed. Over the last 2 months of the season with many injuries Horak played an average of less than 9 minutes a night so even in the most desperate of times he played barely played.

Your theory of Horak is better because he played the majority of the year is invalid as he was needed to stay up due to injure and didn't see much ice time he would have been in the ahl.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
No it's not the fact its debatable proves it, Backlund also was able to stick around on the 4th line but I believe Feaster was referring to a conditioning stint more than anything. You also forgot to add that Horak was sent the AHL but was called up again when injuries (backlund and others) pilled up and he was needed. Over the last 2 months of the season with many injuries Horak played an average of less than 9 minutes a night so even in the most desperate of times he played barely played.

Your theory of Horak is better because he played the majority of the year is invalid as he was needed to stay up due to injure and didn't see much ice time he would have been in the ahl.
It had nothing to do with a conditioning stint since Feaster said that the flames were planning to send him down PRIOR tot he injury. Feasted indicated he wasn't happy with Backlund's play.

Horak would often play while a guy like Stajan would sit. He was constantly praised for his attention to detail in the defensive zone by Sutter. It's all Horak would ever talk about, about wanting to play the game right defensively and not worrying so much about the offense. And it showed in his play.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:11 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
It had nothing to do with a conditioning stint since Feaster said that the flames were planning to send him down PRIOR tot he injury. Feasted indicated he wasn't happy with Backlund's play.

Horak would often play while a guy like Stajan would sit. He was constantly praised for his attention to detail in the defensive zone by Sutter. It's all Horak would ever talk about, about wanting to play the game right defensively and not worrying so much about the offense. And it showed in his play.
Again show me a quote I remember it being a conditioning stint, thats great the Horak played over Stajan but under Sutter everyone played over Stajan. Horak was solid but he simply didn't play much when he did play, Backlund was easily more effective last season(before this season when he had a couple injuries derail his season) than Horak was this year. So if Backlund is healthy he is a better option than Horak.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Dream?

It's Mikael Backlund I'm asking for, Not Iginla.

But anyway.
for some reason i think during that post we were talking about sven for colborne + lol.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
no to every single proposal in this thread

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote