HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kadri

Old
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
What do you mean by "natural"? Lupul personally himself prefers the left wing, so in that case, I'd say he was in his rightful position.

Lupul ----- kessel
MacArthur Grabovski Kulemin
Vanriemsdyk ----- frattin

1st - everyone in preferred positions
2nd - each had career years in position
3rd - again preferred

The real problem in toronto isn't positions, it's the lack of a #1 C, and a #1A goaltender.
Natural as in their whole career except in Toronto....

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
JKsilverstick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Natural as in their whole career except in Toronto....
And that is part of the way Lupul has been so mismanaged over his career. Lupul is a LW.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure Kulemin can play both LW and RW equally well (and AFAIK, has played mostly RW in the NHL). You could also argue that Kadri is a center naturally.

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:48 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
Sounds like Rob Schremp, where is he at age 26?
"Kadri has put up about 0.9-1.0ppg in the AHL. With an NHLe of 0.55, that’s comes out to a 45 pt season. (.55 ppg). In his 51 NHL games played thus far, he has 19 pts in 51gp which is a 35 pt season playing with crap players like Lombardi, Boyce, Crabb, etc…. with very little PP time (7th among forwards in PPTOI/G on the Leafs last year).

So to rehash, in **** minutes with **** linemates he’s a 35-40pt player. His NHLe says he’d be 45pt player; probably on a 2nd line. On Kessel’s line, he’d hit 50 no problem." - skinnyfish from Pension Plan Puppets. Basically sums up my feelings towards Kadri.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:08 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
That's the part he made up.
nope millard said it nov 29 on twitter 3 days before samjam

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
nope millard said it nov 29 on twitter 3 days before samjam
Take it to the luongo debate but if you want to know...

Millard said he heard these players may be involved on twitter, there was also never any talk of it on the team 1040, or with Pierre.

So we went from heard these players may be involved, to Samjam saying the two were on the team 1040 and said the deal is those two for Lui.

Back on track, I still think he has value, just less than he use to through no fault of his own. I think some of the things that have been said about him have hurt his value. IE out of shape, bad defensively, and whatever.

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:13 PM
DaveT83

Kadri simply doesn't have a place on this team. Grabovski made sure of that 2 seasons ago.

1. He's a smaller forward - that compliments an already small forward core (see Kessel/Grabo) in the Top6 being surrounded by such monsters as Clark MacArthur/Joffrey Lupul and Tyler Bozak lol

2. As a Centre - his natural postition again he's too small to be included wihtin a group of Bozak/Grabo/Connolly/Lombardi

3. As a 3rd liner - he'd be fine as a LWer - not the most defensive - but he's hard on the puck - that being said do you really want to take a 7th overall creative talent and simply bury him on a 3rd line playing 15minutes a night?

His value is still high - just not as much to the Leafs with the current small/creative "Core" they have assembled.

DaveT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:28 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
Kadri simply doesn't have a place on this team. Grabovski made sure of that 2 seasons ago.

1. He's a smaller forward - that compliments an already small forward core (see Kessel/Grabo) in the Top6 being surrounded by such monsters as Clark MacArthur/Joffrey Lupul and Tyler Bozak lol

2. As a Centre - his natural postition again he's too small to be included wihtin a group of Bozak/Grabo/Connolly/Lombardi

3. As a 3rd liner - he'd be fine as a LWer - not the most defensive - but he's hard on the puck - that being said do you really want to take a 7th overall creative talent and simply bury him on a 3rd line playing 15minutes a night?

His value is still high - just not as much to the Leafs with the current small/creative "Core" they have assembled.
How about on a line with JVR and Grabovski (Grabovski does not play small by any means), or Kulemin and Grabovski? His size isnt an issue, and Toronto already looks to be running with 3 scoring lines this coming season so it really does not matter which line he is on.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Do you guys think Grabo for Lecavalier as a basis, with small plus needed wherever, would work? TBL has him on that overpaid price, but he is still a 1B, but the small downgrade in play is even from the benefit in contract and age. Would be a nice stop gap for Kadri to develop 2nd line minutes, and then he retires/gets traded when Kads can play 1st.
Lupul-Lecavalier-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-MacA
Kulemin-Bozak-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:51 PM
DaveT83

Quote:
How about on a line with JVR and Grabovski (Grabovski does not play small by any means), or Kulemin and Grabovski? His size isnt an issue, and Toronto already looks to be running with 3 scoring lines this coming season so it really does not matter which line he is on.
His size isn't so much the issue - the roster that has been assembled's size is his problem.

You can't have Kessel and Kadri playing together.
You can't have Kadri/Grabovski playing together.

As evidenced in almost game last season the easiest way to beat the Leafs is to clog up the neutral zone - dump n chase. Their small forwards inability to win battles along the boards almost always resulted in either a Goal agains or penalty.

Kadri on the 3rd line is fine as a temporary situation - but whats the end game? He'd be more valuable to the organization now by being traded for pieces that can compliment the core Burke has assembled.

I love Kadri - I'd rather trade Kessel than him - but its never going to happen as long as Burke is in charge

Old
12-07-2012, 04:53 PM
DaveT83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Do you guys think Grabo for Lecavalier as a basis, with small plus needed wherever, would work? TBL has him on that overpaid price, but he is still a 1B, but the small downgrade in play is even from the benefit in contract and age. Would be a nice stop gap for Kadri to develop 2nd line minutes, and then he retires/gets traded when Kads can play 1st.
Lupul-Lecavalier-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-MacA
Kulemin-Bozak-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown
Vinny's done.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:55 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
His size isn't so much the issue - the roster that has been assembled's size is his problem.

You can't have Kessel and Kadri playing together.
You can't have Kadri/Grabovski playing together.

As evidenced in almost game last season the easiest way to beat the Leafs is to clog up the neutral zone - dump n chase. Their small forwards inability to win battles along the boards almost always resulted in either a Goal agains or penalty.

Kadri on the 3rd line is fine as a temporary situation - but whats the end game? He'd be more valuable to the organization now by being traded for pieces that can compliment the core Burke has assembled.

I love Kadri - I'd rather trade Kessel than him - but its never going to happen as long as Burke is in charge
Problem with your argument,the bolded is his strength, not to mention you preach "small forwards" as being the problem, but is it not possible that he outplays his peers to the point where one of them become expendable. MacArthur for example isnt part of the long term plans, he is a smallish forward that Kadri can easily reaplace. Again, Grabovski also doesnt play small, sure he is literally small, but he plays much bigger than himself, hes a tenacious mother****er.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:11 PM
DaveT83

Quote:
Problem with your argument,the bolded is his strength, not to mention you preach "small forwards" as being the problem, but is it not possible that he outplays his peers to the point where one of them become expendable. MacArthur for example isnt part of the long term plans, he is a smallish forward that Kadri can easily reaplace. Again, Grabovski also doesnt play small, sure he is literally small, but he plays much bigger than himself, hes a tenacious mother****er.
Like I originally said Grabovski made Kadri redundant 2 seasons ago.

He was drafted as a #2C ... Grabo was meant to be a stop gap until Kadri was ready for full-time duty. Now Grabo is one of the best #2C's in entire NHL - signed long term - and in all likelihood will not be unseated by Kadri in the immediate future. Hence the whole "Nazim we want you to play wing" - "Nazim we want you to be a defensive player" - Nazim we want you to put on some size"

Kadri+Kessel+Grabo are simply too small to all be in your Top6. Especially given the fact that outside of Kulemin we dont' have any True size/strength to play with them.

Small Top6
Small down the Middle

= Not Competitive.

Leaving Kadri as a winger on your 3rd line playing 15 minutes a night - with a plethora of other capable 3rd liners in the wind (Biggs/Ross/Colborne/Frattin/MacArthur/McClement to name a few.

His value would be greater to the organization via a trade. Unless you are willing to trade Grabo/Kessel

Last edited by DaveT83: 12-07-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 05:14 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Like I originally said Grabovski made Kadri redundant 2 seasons ago.

He was drafted as a #2C ... Grabo was meant to be a stop gap until Kadri was ready for full-time duty. Now Grabo is one of the best #2C's in entire NHL - and will not be unseated by Kadri in the immediate future. Hence the whole "Nazim we want you to play wing" - "Nazim we want you to be a defensive player" - Nazim we want you to put on some size"

Kadri+Kessel+Grabo are simply too small to all be in your Top6. Especially given the fact that outside of Kulemin we dont' have any True size/strength to play with them.

Small Top6
Small down the Middle

= Not Competitive.
Again, im saying Grabo isnt small, he plays big, so having him in your top 6 isnt forming a size problem, on his W will be one of JVR and Kulemin. There would be no lack of size on a line of

JVR/Kulemin - Grabovski - Kadri

None are soft, none shy away from contact or dirty areas, all have high offensive potential...

Old
12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
Why bother asking? He is pegged by the ever wise "HF Boards" as a bust yet everyone who insults him have draft picks that have careers as all stars in the AHL. Even if Kadri pans out to be a 50-60 point scorer people (hfboards) will always find a way to diminish his value.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:18 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Since not many replied to my offer of Kipper for Kadri I will post it again, what do Leaf fans think about it?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Since not many replied to my offer of Kipper for Kadri I will post it again, what do Leaf fans think about it?
Yes. We would all do it.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:26 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
TheGleninator Since not many replied to my offer of Kipper for Kadri I will post it again, what do Leaf fans think about it?
Kipper is the kind of goalie that would help give the leafs a push to the playoffs. If I was in the flames position I would most certainly push harder for more than just Kadri.

Kipper for: Kadri, secound round pick, Blacker.

flame away but that would be my position if I was a CGY fan.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:27 PM
DaveT83

Quote:
Again, im saying Grabo isnt small, he plays big, so having him in your top 6 isnt forming a size problem, on his W will be one of JVR and Kulemin. There would be no lack of size on a line of

JVR/Kulemin - Grabovski - Kadri

None are soft, none shy away from contact or dirty areas, all have high offensive potential...
Playing big does not mean your going to be able to win a battle against Lucic to get the puck out of your own end. It doesn't mean that your going to be able to physically remove Shatenkurk off the puck.

Grabo Kadri and Kessel are all 185lbs soaking wet. You cannot have any combination of the two playing on the same line together and expect to be competitive.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Kipper would do what for us? Give us one/two years of being a solid goalie?

I'd rather just keep Kadri TBH, but I wouldn't oppose it if it happened.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:31 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Kipper is the kind of goalie that would help give the leafs a push to the playoffs. If I was in the flames position I would most certainly push harder for more than just Kadri.

Kipper for: Kadri, secound round pick, Blacker.

flame away but that would be my position if I was a CGY fan.
I would take that quite happily.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

Seeing as our trade history, we can trade Connolly's rights for him at the 2013 draft if he is presumed to be retiring.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

Kipper probably has 4-5 years left (not at 70+ games a year but at 60ish) he allows you to slowly allow Reimer and Scrivens to adjust to the nhl with out the pressure they felt this year.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Kipper probably has 4-5 years left (not at 70+ games a year but at 60ish) he allows you to slowly allow Reimer and Scrivens to adjust to the nhl with out the pressure they felt this year.
He's 36 now which is concerning.
But I'll take your word for it, if it is 4-5 years of Kipper then I probably would do it

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:43 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf

Roloson played many solid seasons even after 35+. I have never understood the whole old is bad. Kipper showed last season and the season before that he still has plenty of big saves and great games left in the bank he just needs a defense in front of him the way every other goalie does. Remember how old Belfour was when he came to town?

Old
12-07-2012, 05:46 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Kadri hasn't been given a legitimate shot because he was plagued by Wilson the past three years. Yes, he needed help defensively but last season he should have easily gotten a spot.

Also, I would not want Kadri traded. We spent three years developing him. I want to see how he can do in the NHL for two seasons.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote