HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Not sure if I would do it, but what about 1st Kadri Frattin?

Ok, just cause I am bored today, what would we need to add in fantasy land (not named Kesler or Sedin, or Schnieder), to land Kessel? Please also keep in mind I know this would never happen, just curious.
LOL...Kessel would not be moved....but in this "fantasy land" you speak of, it would take 1 or more of your not named.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
LOL...Kessel would not be moved....but in this "fantasy land" you speak of, it would take 1 or more of your not named.
Hey like I said I am just freakin bored to hell.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Hey like I said I am just freakin bored to hell.
After watching the Bettman/Fehr circus...i am more than bored, i am physically angry.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
I posted this earlier...IF there is a 48 game season, i would prefer NOT trading for Luongo. This team has more issues than just goalies. In a shortened season we need to consider the amount of time it takes for guys to get into game shape....learn the new coaches system among other things. If there is a real probability that we miss the playoffs anyway, i'd rather run with Reimer, keep our assets and let the chips fall were they may. I'm not willing to gamble the 1st in a 48 game dash for cash style season.
Fair enough. I'd be down for the 1st to be conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd, too.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
After watching the Bettman/Fehr circus...i am more than bored, i am physically angry.
Let's put it this way...if it meant the NHL was back this season, I'd gladly surrender Luongo for some of your proposals LL. Hell, even some of the ones I dismissed without even considering would get a second look.

The next demands should be for Fehr and Bettman to step down.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Fair enough. I'd be down for the 1st to be conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd, too.
It just makes me leary. If we had a 60+ game season i'd consider it. But in a 48 games or less season....i think it's asking alot of Luongo to take us to the post season.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Let's put it this way...if it meant the NHL was back this season, I'd gladly surrender Luongo for some of your proposals LL. Hell, even some of the ones I dismissed without even considering would get a second look.

The next demands should be for Fehr and Bettman to step down.
On this, we are in complete agreement. These 2 just can't get their heads out of their *****. I will say this, i was fully in support of the players, but after watching Fehr do an end around cluster**** yesterday, i'm starting to sway.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Numbers

Quote:
It just makes me leary. If we had a 60+ game season i'd consider it. But in a 48 games or less season....i think it's asking alot of Luongo to take us to the post season.
If its a 48 game season probably it means more to Burke in acquiring Luongo. He only has this year left on deal and each game matters more. This means he has less time to experiment with goaltending before making decision.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
I have been reading lots on it of lately, (as I said I am bored). nothing has changed my mind, I still think the owners have a drop dead date in their mind about when we will get hockey. I don't know when that is but I can't see the season being wasted from what I have read.

I also believe this entire last week was all about trying to split the union and break Fehr. Notice how the week was done, and how Bettman stayed out, so they could blame him. The players originally asked for mediators instead of Fehr.

then the leak some 4th liner was mad (which may be true) and he thought it was being lead by a bunch of NHL stars, well look at half the people on the committee, Parros, Malhotra, Westgarth or whatever his name is, it had a ton of 4th line reprisentation. I don't buy it for a second.

I am very pissed, and angry, and is is all directed at the owners.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
If its a 48 game season probably it means more to Burke in acquiring Luongo. He only has this year left on deal and each game matters more. This means he has less time to experiment with goaltending before making decision.
I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you are hoping for a big payoff from Burke to save his job....you will be disappointed. When he says he doesn't want to just squeak in, he means it. If he thinks bringing in Luongo makes sense...he'll do it, but it won't be for personal reasons.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Numbers

Quote:
I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you are hoping for a big payoff from Burke to save his job....you will be disappointed. When he says he doesn't want to just squeak in, he means it. If he thinks bringing in Luongo makes sense...he'll do it, but it won't be for personal reasons.
Big ego people do not like to lose jobs. Especially when he sits head to the biggest franchise, by far in league. What sounds better CEO of Facebook or CEO of Apple? (Toronto vs. Anaheim) I don't know about you, but I would take that personally and do what I need to keep my job, not set up a guy take over and rain in all the glory. I will also say that I would never admit to this.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
When he says he isn't going to trade Luke Schenn.....

Old
12-07-2012, 03:17 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
I can and do believe that, it remeinds me of how Nonis did not trade Edler and Kesler and some goalie prospect thats name escapes me right now for Brad Richards. There may have been some other pluses too.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
When he says he isn't going to trade Luke Schenn.....
As i said, if he feels trading for Luongo makes sense (right cost) he will do it. He will not IMO pay an inflated price for personal reasons.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
burke has 2 years left on his deal

Old
12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
burke has 2 years left on his deal
Sorry misspoke there meant 2 years. But it is common knowledge that General Managers don't usually continue to lead teams with only year left, meaning after this year he would be referred to as a "lame duck" unless he gets extension. Usually GM is fired or extended before becoming lame duck. It can become a major conflict of interest to have a GM with only a year left on deal for obvious reasons. Burke needs to show progress to get extension vis a vis in a shortened season every game has a much heftier value attached to it when Burke is weighing costs and benefits in regards to Leafs asset management.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
I have always stated that i don't get how it's believed 4 pieces go for Luongo. I have agreed to some deals, those which included our 1st would be protected. I actually don't think i would do 3 of the 4. Because i don't think our 1st AND our best NHL ready prospect (Kadri) should need another young piece off of our roster added to it. So that leaves Bozak,Kadri and Frattin.....i would do Bozak,Kadri and another piece (2nd or B prospect) but not Frattin.
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Numbers

Quote:
As i said, if he feels trading for Luongo makes sense (right cost) he will do it. He will not IMO pay an inflated price for personal reasons.
How bout this

Bozak
Kadri
Frattin
2nd

For

Luongo

I would rather have Finn then 2nd, but we tone this package down for fairness. Keep your 1st, Lupul, Kulemin....among other assets demanded by Canucks fans. Send UFA to be next year, 2 good middle aged prospects, and a pick which no one will gasp about.

Minus 2011
Bozak
Schenn
Armstrong

Add 2012
Luongo
JVR
Holzer
Mclement

Looks like a nicely bolstered roster.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.
Way too much. Luongo can stay in Vancouver for that price.

Take out Finn and Frattin and add in another prospect. Either Ashton/McKegg/D'Amigo/Holzer and I'll throw in a 2nd in 2013 if Van throws in something.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:34 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
How bout this

Bozak
Kadri
Frattin
2nd

For

Luongo

I would rather have Finn then 2nd, but we tone this package down for fairness. Keep your 1st, Lupul, Kulemin....among other assets demanded by Canucks fans. Send UFA to be next year, 2 good middle aged prospects, and a pick which no one will gasp about.

Minus 2011
Bozak
Schenn
Armstrong

Add 2012
Luongo
JVR
Holzer
Mclement

Looks like a nicely bolstered roster.
I'd rather deal a 1st than Frattin. But that's besides the point, I think what you were asking is too much

Old
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Way too much. Luongo can stay in Vancouver for that price.

Take out Finn and Frattin and add in another prospect. Either Ashton/McKegg/D'Amigo/Holzer and I'll throw in a 2nd in 2013 if Van throws in something.
Then we'll keep him & you can keep that tandem you've got or you can go look elsewhere for a goalie.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

Vancouver
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

i'd be good with this deal although i'd rather blacker then finn but not a deal breaker that said caryle seemed to see frattin as a a fit so i doubt he goes that said i'd do it

Old
12-07-2012, 05:54 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:

Vancouver
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

Replace Kadri and Frattin for MacArthur and 3rd.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Replace Kadri and Frattin for MacArthur and 3rd.
Replace luongo with Corey Crawford and you have a deal.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:08 PM
roach9

Quote:
Replace luongo with Corey Crawford and you have a deal.

Closed Thread