HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
  #951
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Not sure if I would do it, but what about 1st Kadri Frattin?

Ok, just cause I am bored today, what would we need to add in fantasy land (not named Kesler or Sedin, or Schnieder), to land Kessel? Please also keep in mind I know this would never happen, just curious.
LOL...Kessel would not be moved....but in this "fantasy land" you speak of, it would take 1 or more of your not named.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
  #952
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
LOL...Kessel would not be moved....but in this "fantasy land" you speak of, it would take 1 or more of your not named.
Hey like I said I am just freakin bored to hell.

racerjoe is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
  #953
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Hey like I said I am just freakin bored to hell.
After watching the Bettman/Fehr circus...i am more than bored, i am physically angry.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
  #954
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,911
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I posted this earlier...IF there is a 48 game season, i would prefer NOT trading for Luongo. This team has more issues than just goalies. In a shortened season we need to consider the amount of time it takes for guys to get into game shape....learn the new coaches system among other things. If there is a real probability that we miss the playoffs anyway, i'd rather run with Reimer, keep our assets and let the chips fall were they may. I'm not willing to gamble the 1st in a 48 game dash for cash style season.
Fair enough. I'd be down for the 1st to be conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd, too.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
  #955
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
After watching the Bettman/Fehr circus...i am more than bored, i am physically angry.
Let's put it this way...if it meant the NHL was back this season, I'd gladly surrender Luongo for some of your proposals LL. Hell, even some of the ones I dismissed without even considering would get a second look.

The next demands should be for Fehr and Bettman to step down.

Cogburn is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 02:34 PM
  #956
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Fair enough. I'd be down for the 1st to be conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd, too.
It just makes me leary. If we had a 60+ game season i'd consider it. But in a 48 games or less season....i think it's asking alot of Luongo to take us to the post season.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
  #957
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Let's put it this way...if it meant the NHL was back this season, I'd gladly surrender Luongo for some of your proposals LL. Hell, even some of the ones I dismissed without even considering would get a second look.

The next demands should be for Fehr and Bettman to step down.
On this, we are in complete agreement. These 2 just can't get their heads out of their *****. I will say this, i was fully in support of the players, but after watching Fehr do an end around cluster**** yesterday, i'm starting to sway.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 03:02 PM
  #958
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
It just makes me leary. If we had a 60+ game season i'd consider it. But in a 48 games or less season....i think it's asking alot of Luongo to take us to the post season.
If its a 48 game season probably it means more to Burke in acquiring Luongo. He only has this year left on deal and each game matters more. This means he has less time to experiment with goaltending before making decision.

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
  #959
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
After watching the Bettman/Fehr circus...i am more than bored, i am physically angry.
I have been reading lots on it of lately, (as I said I am bored). nothing has changed my mind, I still think the owners have a drop dead date in their mind about when we will get hockey. I don't know when that is but I can't see the season being wasted from what I have read.

I also believe this entire last week was all about trying to split the union and break Fehr. Notice how the week was done, and how Bettman stayed out, so they could blame him. The players originally asked for mediators instead of Fehr.

then the leak some 4th liner was mad (which may be true) and he thought it was being lead by a bunch of NHL stars, well look at half the people on the committee, Parros, Malhotra, Westgarth or whatever his name is, it had a ton of 4th line reprisentation. I don't buy it for a second.

I am very pissed, and angry, and is is all directed at the owners.

racerjoe is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
  #960
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
If its a 48 game season probably it means more to Burke in acquiring Luongo. He only has this year left on deal and each game matters more. This means he has less time to experiment with goaltending before making decision.
I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you are hoping for a big payoff from Burke to save his job....you will be disappointed. When he says he doesn't want to just squeak in, he means it. If he thinks bringing in Luongo makes sense...he'll do it, but it won't be for personal reasons.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
  #961
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you are hoping for a big payoff from Burke to save his job....you will be disappointed. When he says he doesn't want to just squeak in, he means it. If he thinks bringing in Luongo makes sense...he'll do it, but it won't be for personal reasons.
Big ego people do not like to lose jobs. Especially when he sits head to the biggest franchise, by far in league. What sounds better CEO of Facebook or CEO of Apple? (Toronto vs. Anaheim) I don't know about you, but I would take that personally and do what I need to keep my job, not set up a guy take over and rain in all the glory. I will also say that I would never admit to this.

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
  #962
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you are hoping for a big payoff from Burke to save his job....you will be disappointed. When he says he doesn't want to just squeak in, he means it. If he thinks bringing in Luongo makes sense...he'll do it, but it won't be for personal reasons.
When he says he isn't going to trade Luke Schenn.....

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 03:17 PM
  #963
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you are hoping for a big payoff from Burke to save his job....you will be disappointed. When he says he doesn't want to just squeak in, he means it. If he thinks bringing in Luongo makes sense...he'll do it, but it won't be for personal reasons.
I can and do believe that, it remeinds me of how Nonis did not trade Edler and Kesler and some goalie prospect thats name escapes me right now for Brad Richards. There may have been some other pluses too.

racerjoe is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
  #964
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
When he says he isn't going to trade Luke Schenn.....
As i said, if he feels trading for Luongo makes sense (right cost) he will do it. He will not IMO pay an inflated price for personal reasons.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
  #965
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
If its a 48 game season probably it means more to Burke in acquiring Luongo. He only has this year left on deal and each game matters more. This means he has less time to experiment with goaltending before making decision.
burke has 2 years left on his deal

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
  #966
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
burke has 2 years left on his deal
Sorry misspoke there meant 2 years. But it is common knowledge that General Managers don't usually continue to lead teams with only year left, meaning after this year he would be referred to as a "lame duck" unless he gets extension. Usually GM is fired or extended before becoming lame duck. It can become a major conflict of interest to have a GM with only a year left on deal for obvious reasons. Burke needs to show progress to get extension vis a vis in a shortened season every game has a much heftier value attached to it when Burke is weighing costs and benefits in regards to Leafs asset management.

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  #967
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I have always stated that i don't get how it's believed 4 pieces go for Luongo. I have agreed to some deals, those which included our 1st would be protected. I actually don't think i would do 3 of the 4. Because i don't think our 1st AND our best NHL ready prospect (Kadri) should need another young piece off of our roster added to it. So that leaves Bozak,Kadri and Frattin.....i would do Bozak,Kadri and another piece (2nd or B prospect) but not Frattin.
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 05:02 PM
  #968
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
As i said, if he feels trading for Luongo makes sense (right cost) he will do it. He will not IMO pay an inflated price for personal reasons.
How bout this

Bozak
Kadri
Frattin
2nd

For

Luongo

I would rather have Finn then 2nd, but we tone this package down for fairness. Keep your 1st, Lupul, Kulemin....among other assets demanded by Canucks fans. Send UFA to be next year, 2 good middle aged prospects, and a pick which no one will gasp about.

Minus 2011
Bozak
Schenn
Armstrong

Add 2012
Luongo
JVR
Holzer
Mclement

Looks like a nicely bolstered roster.

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
  #969
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.
Way too much. Luongo can stay in Vancouver for that price.

Take out Finn and Frattin and add in another prospect. Either Ashton/McKegg/D'Amigo/Holzer and I'll throw in a 2nd in 2013 if Van throws in something.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 05:34 PM
  #970
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
How bout this

Bozak
Kadri
Frattin
2nd

For

Luongo

I would rather have Finn then 2nd, but we tone this package down for fairness. Keep your 1st, Lupul, Kulemin....among other assets demanded by Canucks fans. Send UFA to be next year, 2 good middle aged prospects, and a pick which no one will gasp about.

Minus 2011
Bozak
Schenn
Armstrong

Add 2012
Luongo
JVR
Holzer
Mclement

Looks like a nicely bolstered roster.
I'd rather deal a 1st than Frattin. But that's besides the point, I think what you were asking is too much

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
  #971
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Way too much. Luongo can stay in Vancouver for that price.

Take out Finn and Frattin and add in another prospect. Either Ashton/McKegg/D'Amigo/Holzer and I'll throw in a 2nd in 2013 if Van throws in something.
Then we'll keep him & you can keep that tandem you've got or you can go look elsewhere for a goalie.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
  #972
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.
i'd be good with this deal although i'd rather blacker then finn but not a deal breaker that said caryle seemed to see frattin as a a fit so i doubt he goes that said i'd do it

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 05:54 PM
  #973
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.
Replace Kadri and Frattin for MacArthur and 3rd.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
  #974
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Replace Kadri and Frattin for MacArthur and 3rd.
Replace luongo with Corey Crawford and you have a deal.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 06:08 PM
  #975
roach9
Registered User
 
roach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Replace luongo with Corey Crawford and you have a deal.

roach9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.