HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - NYR

Old
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

vCash: 500
I'd do it for Ross or Ashton I think, pending a physical of course.

Last edited by uncleben85: 12-06-2012 at 08:13 PM.
uncleben85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Looks to me like he was hurt not by the hit, but when he bumped his head on the way down without a helmet. I never noticed that before.

Anyway, I see this as a non-starter. If Sauer isn't healthy this is obviously worthless for the Leafs. If he is healthy nothing there really entices me enough to move Sauer.

The problem is, we don't have 6 starting D-men without Sauer, and we didn't sign one. So either the Rangers think he's coming back, or the Rangers are stupid enough to think Stu Bickel is a starter, let's hope it's the former.

That being said, I could do the MacArthur trade if you throw in Komisarek, and to sweeten the pot we can add a pick or another forward. Bounce some ideas off me...

Komisarek
+
MacArthur

for

Sauer (assumed healthy)
+
?????
Whoa Whoa Whoa. A fan of another team that will take Komisarek?

Im not even a Komi hater, im willing to give him a chance under Carlyle, but i would do this deal. Especially assuming Sauer is healthy. Macarthur is a fine player, but we have Frattin/Kadri to take his place

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Sauer and Boyle to Leafs for Komisarek and Ashton

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

It might be surprising that I would take Komisarek but I think he's more than capable of handling a third pair role which is pretty much the hole Sauer would be leaving considering how deep our defense is.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Jax Teller

Komisarek + MacArthur/Ashton

for

Sauer + Boyle

works for me.

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Last report out of the Sauer camp was he was feeling better. His career is far from over.
Source? He still hasn't skated. His head is mush and it's always been like that. In fact, severe injury problems are re-occurring for his brothers too.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
It might be surprising that I would take Komisarek but I think he's more than capable of handling a third pair role which is pretty much the hole Sauer would be leaving considering how deep our defense is.
What, this is absolutely crazy!

Komisarek is no improvement over Stu Bickel and the fact that it's multiple years is gross. Truly one of the worst contacts in the league and you're willing to take on for nothing.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
This is dreadful for the Rangers.

Komisarek has negative value and Ashton is a throw in prospect. In return you give away one of the best 3rd line centers in the game. .

Old
12-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Source? He still hasn't skated. His head is mush and it's always been like that. In fact, severe injury problems are re-occurring for his brothers too.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz260nGuc11

Quote:
There is scant optimism within the Rangersí camp that Michael Sauer, sidelined for the duration after being concussed last Dec. 5 on a hit delivered by Dion Phaneuf, will be cleared for a return to duty, even if this seasonís opener is delayed by months.

If Sauer, said to be feeling better than he was before returning home to Minnesota for the summer but is not believed symptom-free, cannot play, he would be placed on the long-term injury list.
Quote:
Dave Maloney. Michael Sauer is making tremendous progress. He is feeling better. There is a lot of hope Michael Sauer can be the Michael Sauer of two years ago.
http://www.630ched.com/Podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2254

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:13 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

This should be a lesson to all NHL hockey players. I dont understand why it isnt mandatory to have the chin strap tight. Even with an inch of give, the helmet doesnt pop off. He barley had the thing on his head.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
You'd pay a 3rd pairing defensemen $4.5M for another year after this one? I'd take Sauer in a damn wheelchair over Komisarek and that contract.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Why would the Rangers want Komisarek?

12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Rangers would not take Komisarek. They will have enough salary cap questions with guys like McDonagh and Stepan due for contracts.

Sauer could be had for a 5th, at this point. Even if he makes it back to 'healthy', its only a matter of time before he is out again.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Rangers would not take Komisarek. They will have enough salary cap questions with guys like McDonagh and Stepan due for contracts.

Sauer could be had for a 5th, at this point. Even if he makes it back to 'healthy', its only a matter of time before he is out again.
The chance that he can come back and be productive is worth more to the Rangers than a 5th.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:

Komisarek is no improvement over Stu Bickel and the fact that it's multiple years is gross. Truly one of the worst contacts in the league and you're willing to take on for nothing.
Hey as a ranger fan you should know that sometimes a terrible contract can become a diamond (subtle reference to Gomez for McDonagh)

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:43 AM
TheSilencer

Quote:
I like that you mentioned Boyle in the 3rd word, so people don't notice right away how bad that deal is for the Rangers.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Hey as a ranger fan you should know that sometimes a terrible contract can become a diamond (subtle reference to Gomez for McDonagh)
We prefer giving out our own awful contracts

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
AK1990

I'd rather make a move for Staal:

Here is my rational. Obviously Staal is much better then Sauer if both are healthy. That said, Whenever the lockout ends the cap will be sure to go down. That leaves the Rangers in a really tough position as they will be one of the teams that will have to shed mass amounts of salary. They have Del Zotto, Sauer, McDonagh, Hagelin & Stepan all who will be a RFA after this lost season (Del Zotto already is). They are all deserving of a significant raise in salary. The following year Gaborik, Callaghan, Boyle, Pyatt, Rupp, Girardi, Stralman, Lundqvist & Biron are all pending UFAs, with Kreider as an RFA that same year.

Rangers are NOT going to be able to resign all their RFAs and pending UFAs so really they are ********d if the season is lost. Staal might be a casualty of them needing to shed salary. Trading RFAs won't get them a maximum return on their value.

To NYR - Kulemin, Gunnarsson & Percy
To TOR - Staal, Pyatt & another player with expiring contract to shed salary.

Kulemin replaces Pyatt on 3rd line and is an upgrade IMO. Gunnarsson & Percy can provide depth on their blue line in complementary roles as McDonagh/Girardi & Del Zotto/ Sauer would make up top 4 and eat most of the minutes.

Thoughts?

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post

Here is my rational. Obviously Staal is much better then Sauer if both are healthy. That said, Whenever the lockout ends the cap will be sure to go down. That leaves the Rangers in a really tough position as they will be one of the teams that will have to shed mass amounts of salary. They have Del Zotto, Sauer, McDonagh, Hagelin & Stepan all who will be a RFA after this lost season (Del Zotto already is). They are all deserving of a significant raise in salary. The following year Gaborik, Callaghan, Boyle, Pyatt, Rupp, Girardi, Stralman, Lundqvist & Biron are all pending UFAs, with Kreider as an RFA that same year.

Rangers are NOT going to be able to resign all their RFAs and pending UFAs so really they are ********d if the season is lost. Staal might be a casualty of them needing to shed salary. Trading RFAs won't get them a maximum return on their value.

Kulemin replaces Pyatt on 3rd line and is an upgrade IMO. Gunnarsson & Percy can provide depth on their blue line in complementary roles as McDonagh/Girardi & Del Zotto/ Sauer would make up top 4 and eat most of the minutes.

Thoughts?
Rangers aren't moving Staal unless the offer improves their team. He wouldn't be a cap-casualty. There is nothing Toronto can offer that'll be enough to pry Staal away from us based on the teams needs, holes, and cap structure. Not happening.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Sauer can't be had for a 5th.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:08 PM
GAGLine

Rangers won't trade Sauer. If he manages to come back healthy and play the way he did before the injury, he'll be much more valuable to the Rangers than whatever they would get for him in trade.

Staal won't be traded either. Nor will Girardi or McDonagh or Del Zotto. The Rangers spent years putting this defense together. They aren't going to start trading pieces of it away. If the cap becomes a problem, they will find other ways to deal with it.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post

Thoughts?
Any deal for Staal isn't going to involve a collection of lesser parts. If Burkie asked about Staal, you can be Sather would be dropping names like Gardiner, Rielly, and Kessel. That's of course ignoring the fact that Staal is highly unlikely to be traded to begin with.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The chance that he can come back and be productive is worth more to the Rangers than a 5th.
Exactly. And the chance he can come back, be healthy and productive is equivalent to the chance of a 5th round draft pick panning out and being productive in the NHL.

Sauer is done. If there is a chance to move him, and viable assets involved coming back to the Rangers, I don't see Sather turning it down. I'm sure Sather could get more than a 5th, because he's Sather, but as far as value goes, he's equal to a 5th round pick.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Exactly. And the chance he can come back, be healthy and productive is equivalent to the chance of a 5th round draft pick panning out and being productive in the NHL.

Sauer is done. If there is a chance to move him, and viable assets involved coming back to the Rangers, I don't see Sather turning it down. I'm sure Sather could get more than a 5th, because he's Sather, but as far as value goes, he's equal to a 5th round pick.
I see a lot of your personal opinions here. But absolutely no facts.

And how did you calculate Sauers odds of coming back to a 5th round draft pick? why not a 4th? Or a 6th?

Old
12-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:

a rolling apple is an upgrade over Bickel

i dont like Komisarek much but i make that trade-off(for Bickel,not the apple-the apple might be good on the pp!) any day of the week

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote