HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company 360 GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 6: UPDATED RULES

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 02:51 PM
  #176
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Advancing now
Solid. I'm not really big on free agency anyway... only signed one player in 2 seasons so far and he was just a 4th line filler. Let's get this season going!

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
  #177
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,500
vCash: 500
BOTH Heatley and Kostitsyn?


ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:54 PM
  #178
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Free Agent Signings:

signed Diaz
sign Santorelli, David Jones, Moulson, Rozsival
sign Kostitsyn AND Heatley
sign Zanon
sign Mark Stuart
sign Pitkanen
sign Komisarek
sign Jackman
sign Jokinen
sign Harding
sign Gomez
sign Connolly
sign Anderson

1) I didn't know i had that much cap space lol. Some guys are going to the minors

2) Way to go Phoenix! Kostitsyn AND Heatley! The Pacific just got tougher

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
  #179
stevezz
Registered User
 
stevezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Free Agent Signings:

signed Diaz
sign Santorelli, David Jones, Moulson, Rozsival
sign Kostitsyn AND Heatley
sign Zanon
sign Mark Stuart
sign Pitkanen
sign Komisarek
sign Jackman
sign Jokinen
sign Harding
sign Gomez
sign Connolly
sign Anderson

1) I didn't know i had that much cap space lol. Some guys are going to the minors

2) Way to go Phoenix! Kostitsyn AND Heatley! The Pacific just got tougher
Im so happy to have gotten Pitkanen! he will look real good next to pietrangelo!

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
  #180
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
BOTH Heatley and Kostitsyn?

lmfao great gif but what is their cap??

did buffalo close on anyone?

edit: holy hell booty what did you offer moulson this is rigged, so buffalo has to overpay players to get them to come to blo in video games too huh.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
  #181
stevezz
Registered User
 
stevezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
BOTH Heatley and Kostitsyn?

wow lol thats amazing for you

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:02 PM
  #182
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,806
vCash: 500
Rangers signed Jim Slater, Joonas Lehtivour, and Rob Bordson...

...

oh.

My bottom six still sucks.


Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:03 PM
  #183
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
lmfao great gif but what is their cap??

did buffalo close on anyone?

edit: holy hell booty what did you offer moulson this is rigged
Heatley is at 9 over 3 years (holy overpayment, Batman!), which I immediately wish I had changed after offering but won't be too worried about considering I have money coming back next season.

Kost is 7 for only 1 year, so that comes off the books without a hitch. I also have 3 million in cap space as a buffer just in case Dubinsky and Kostitsyn ask for more than I expect. Larsson is still an RFA so the odds of him asking for the moon are low unless he shoots back up to a high 80s overall. There is also the potential for a salary dump before the draft and potential for Shan Doan to retire. I'm not terribly worried.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:05 PM
  #184
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
lol.

still looking for top four d-man!

Damn you blues!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:05 PM
  #185
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!
 
gunnerdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Damn Sergei really didn't want to sign with me. Probably another fight with Grabovski. I sent him numerous offers. Didn't accept any of them. Then I sent him a really decent offer when he hit the market, still went to the Yotes.
Good thing I sent one to Gomez as a back up plan. And I get to add a little Habs flavour to my team.

I, for one, like Gomez and think he'ss a good player. Just not worth the salary he was getting paid.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:07 PM
  #186
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
ouch I REALLY wanted Pitkanen, oh well, Anderson will service Varly as a great backup

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:07 PM
  #187
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!
 
gunnerdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Heatley is at 9 over 3 years (holy overpayment, Batman!), which I immediately wish I had changed after offering but won't be too worried about considering I have money coming back next season.

Kost is 7 for only 1 year, so that comes off the books without a hitch. I also have 3 million in cap space as a buffer just in case Dubinsky and Kostitsyn ask for more than I expect. Larsson is still an RFA so the odds of him asking for the moon are low unless he shoots back up to a high 80s overall. There is also the potential for a salary dump before the draft and potential for Shan Doan to retire. I'm not terribly worried.
7 for Kostitsyn? OMG. No wonder he took your offer. He was actually just asking for 2.8M at the start. You gave him almost 3 times what he was asking. He's making Kessel money at 81 rating.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
  #188
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
I signed waaaaaaay too many forwards.

Santorelli, Moulson, and David Jones. But when injuries happen ill be pretty set. Roszival adds nice d depth too.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:13 PM
  #189
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,398
vCash: 500
I didnt get anyone...well we'll just see about that.

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:14 PM
  #190
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
lineup

RNH-Toews-Moulson
Vrbata-McNeil-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Sharp
Santorelli-Kruger-Jones

Keith-Seabrook
Yandle-Leddy
Roszival-Hjalmarsson

Bernier

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
  #191
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
I really wish certain teams didn't use up both their trades already

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:17 PM
  #192
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
lineup

RNH-Toews-Moulson
Vrbata-McNeil-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Sharp
Santorelli-Kruger-Jones

Keith-Seabrook
Yandle-Leddy
Roszival-Hjalmarsson

Bernier
So what year do the Hawks get in cap trouble? LOL

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:18 PM
  #193
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,096
vCash: 500
I'm really glad I got Jackman, he and Orpik will be a great shut down pairing. And now I have the Pyatt brother's on my 4th line as well which is pretty cool, who needs the Sedin's when you have the Pyatt's

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:18 PM
  #194
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I really wish certain teams didn't use up both their trades already
I still have 2 trades... and one Marian Hossa

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
  #195
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
So what year do the Hawks get in cap trouble? LOL
RNH is signed for like 5 more years at $4.0--a massive overpayment, next to the Wild's Cam Fowler, who carries a cap hit of $2.8 for the next 7 years.


Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
  #196
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
RNH is signed for like 5 more years at $4.0--a massive overpayment, next to the Wild's Cam Fowler, who carries a cap hit of $2.8 for the next 7 years.

Yeah, I saw that. I really thought he'd be closer to 6-7. Really thought he'd jump more than 1 overall too.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:23 PM
  #197
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I'm really glad I got Jackman, he and Orpik will be a great shut down pairing. And now I have the Pyatt brother's on my 4th line as well which is pretty cool, who needs the Sedin's when you have the Pyatt's
I hate pairing two slow dmen together. You crazy.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
  #198
stevezz
Registered User
 
stevezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I hate pairing two slow dmen together. You crazy.
Agreed lol thats a recipe for disaster

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:30 PM
  #199
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,505
vCash: 400
So the free agency system is a lot dumber than I thought it would be, I put in several offers, more than I could afford really, just in case I got some rejections...turns out I got very few/no rejections and have a bunch of depth signed for 1 year and am now 2 mil over the cap...curious how the game will have me deal with that.

I'm actually very happy about this, got some decent players like Arnott, Langkow, Frolov, Morrison, Steckel, Eminger, Gervais, Komisarek and Emery (for that new backup rule) for very cheap 2 way contracts and they'll be off the books for next year (except for Komisarek, who I signed cheap for 2 years as a reclamation project )


Last edited by That Habs Fan: 12-07-2012 at 04:19 PM.
That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:37 PM
  #200
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
So the free agency system is a lot dumber than I thought it would be, I put in several offers, more than I could afford really, just in case I got some rejections...turns out I got very few/no rejections and have a bunch of depth signed for 1 year and am now 1 mil over the cap...curious how the game will have me deal with that.

I'm actually very happy about this, got some decent players like Arnott, Langkow, Frolov, Morrison, Steckel, Eminger, Gervais, Komisarek and Emery (for that new backup rule) for very cheap 2 way contracts and they'll be off the books for next year (except for Komisarek, who I signed cheap for 2 years as a reclamation project )
It's not the game you should be worried about... it's the commish. You're breaking the rules by knowingly going over the cap. Just like Detroit in real life pays large fines for going over the cap, I'm sure there will be some kind of repercussions.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.