HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who'd you rather have: Lucic vs Nash

View Poll Results: Who'd you rather have on your team?
Milan Lucic 53 31.93%
Rick Nash 113 68.07%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
  #1
OzzyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Who'd you rather have: Lucic vs Nash

Who would you rather have on your team: Milan Lucic or Rick Nash? Why?

OzzyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:39 PM
  #2
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,771
vCash: 500
Rick Nash because he has more skill. The Rangers need skill.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:40 PM
  #3
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,239
vCash: 5555
Nash easily. Both are overpaid, so that's a wash. Nash is the better player.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
  #4
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,456
vCash: 500
Nash because he can play hockey.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:49 PM
  #5
Hennig
It was 4-1.
 
Hennig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 1684
Nash because he doesn't look like a caveman. Oh and he's also a better player.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
  #6
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Not even really close, and I'm not much of a Nash fanatic.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:55 PM
  #7
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Nash is the better player with far more skill, but id rather have Lucic. cause I think his style of game has far more impact on your team. The guy will drop the gloves for anyone, he never backs down from a fight, constantly chirps top players to get them off their game, can throw a huge hit to turn a game around, he is dirty but thats cause hes so competeitive. Hes a very overlooked vocal leader in the bruins dressing room. Not many dmen can handle him downlow, the guy is a wild boar along the boards. He punishes and wears down defensemen, gets his team a lot of PPs and is probably the strongest man on the roster.

All this and his attitude is the reason why hes a fan fav in Boston.

Nash gives you scoring and some light defensive game but thats it.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:57 PM
  #8
The Bored Man
#94
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 537
The Oilers could use Lucic more than Nash.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:59 PM
  #9
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,348
vCash: 50
Depends, I suppose.

For the Bruins, Lucic. Without him our intimidation factor is basically nothing. Sure, we have Chara, Horton, McQuaid, Thornton, whoever, Lucic IS the Bruins. Our identity is completely different without him. If you say 6m is overpayment, he'd EASILY fetch at least 7-8 million on the open market. EASILY.

It doesn't take much to say Nash is the better player, he is, but especially on the Bruins where our whole top-6 besides Krejci and Bergeron are capable of 30 goals, and when all of our top-9 is capable of 20 goals, we don't need a big-time scorer. A big, tough physical forward who's the most intimidating player in the league, (who can still score 30 goals) is more valuable to the Bruins.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:07 PM
  #10
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 17,440
vCash: 1340
Locic

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:15 PM
  #11
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Rick Nash

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:32 PM
  #12
RapidFire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
Nash because he is an extremely better player. End of thread.

RapidFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:32 PM
  #13
MrFunnyWobbl
The Tree was happy.
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unlocated
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 18,341
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Nash

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:09 PM
  #14
Eisen
Registered User
 
Eisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eugene
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Nash is the better player with far more skill, but id rather have Lucic. cause I think his style of game has far more impact on your team. The guy will drop the gloves for anyone, he never backs down from a fight, constantly chirps top players to get them off their game, can throw a huge hit to turn a game around, he is dirty but thats cause hes so competeitive. Hes a very overlooked vocal leader in the bruins dressing room. Not many dmen can handle him downlow, the guy is a wild boar along the boards. He punishes and wears down defensemen, gets his team a lot of PPs and is probably the strongest man on the roster.

All this and his attitude is the reason why hes a fan fav in Boston.

Nash gives you scoring and some light defensive game but thats it.
Who needs scoring?

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:34 PM
  #15
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidFire View Post
Nash because he is an extremely better player. End of thread.
Are you a poet?

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
  #16
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Nash easily. Both are overpaid, so that's a wash. Nash is the better player.
Lucic isnt overpaid nearly as much as Nash, so i guess him. It would be nice to somehow steal Nash off of the Rangers, but for my team's stake i'll grab Lucic

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
  #17
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty
 
Gritzky98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Nash.

far better player

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:37 PM
  #18
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,723
vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
For our needs, Nash and Spezza would be awesome to watch.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:39 PM
  #19
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,004
vCash: 137
Lucic because Nash's contract sucks.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:48 PM
  #20
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,798
vCash: 500
I really like Lucic but it's not as if he's ever been called upon to be the offensive focal point of his team.

He gets a bit of a free ride because of the depth on the Bruins.

If I'm a Bruins fan, I'm hardly complaining.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:42 PM
  #21
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,503
vCash: 500
Lucic because the Sabres need a guy like that.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:52 PM
  #22
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,836
vCash: 500
Lucic because grit and better contract.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:21 PM
  #23
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
The Oilers could use Lucic more than Nash.
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Nash - Gagner - Yakupov

I take Nash

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:35 PM
  #24
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Na'ē panjā
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
For the Bruins, Lucic. Without him our intimidation factor is basically nothing. Sure, we have Chara, Horton, McQuaid, Thornton, whoever, Lucic IS the Bruins. Our identity is completely different without him. If you say 6m is overpayment, he'd EASILY fetch at least 7-8 million on the open market. EASILY.
Wow, slow down. Why pay so much for Lucic when there are players out there who may not be as "intimidating" but have other upsides? Say - Hartnell, Clowe, Horton, etc.?

Looch is a very unique player, but he isn't the kind of guy who you should expect to put the team on his back. He makes the job for everyone else easier, so he needs guys who can capitalize on that.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:40 PM
  #25
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I don't get it Lucic had more pts last year, more fights, more physical, less injury prone and playoff experience at a younger age and smaller cap hit. Why is he losing so badly?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.