HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIIII: "We're Close" "We're Not Close" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 03:36 PM
NYRKindms

vCash: 500
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...E2ydNs.twitter

I think this article is more than likely what we should take away from yesterday.

It basically says that Bettman and Fehr are using the same playbook and that is what upset Bettman yesterday.

Interesting read

Old
12-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
because bettman isn't interested in a deal other than his own. he's said it atleast 20 times. this isn't a negotations, you take our offer or don't.
bingo, it was a rhetorical question.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:49 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I havent been around HF in months, but ive been following the lockout like some starved idiot who expects theyll find a resolution to this and all will be well once they crank up training camp.

I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be, because its ****ing hockey and I love it - but right now im done. Im completely pissed off with this whole thing. I've learned more about collective bargaining tactics, unions and negotiation through these NHL lockouts more than anything in the real business world. It just doesnt make sense. Its a ****ing disgrace.

I dont care who is losing what or whos offended about this or that, or what side is posturing or using the media for leverage - in the end its just a bunch of egotistical moneymongers that will hopefully be long gone before this great game is. At this rate I am questioning that though, because its painfully obvious they are more concerned about winning this pissing match then keeping this league and game healthy.

Shame on them all, and shame on them for thinking we all give a rats ass about what they moan to the media about everyday. We have families and jobs and we need to take care of ourselves in a terrible economy, with no relief in sight - while these guys throw sticks and stones at each other to decide who will make an extra few million here and there. Its a slap in the face to the fans and everyone who relies on the league for personal revenue.

Right now, im ashamed to be a fan.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 12-07-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 03:55 PM
DutchShamrock

Well, at least the GDT will be manageable.

In all seriousness, the one scrap us fans could get out of this is this sickening trend of cyber scalping. They ought to just end the internet gouging on tickets. You can only sell online at face value. It sucks for a few people but it is abused. We get squeezed by the teams, last thing we need is online companies re selling for huge markups.

And maybe a cap on beer prices. $5. Only a 5% variance over the life of the cba.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I like this thread title. It reminds me of when I merged two threads and came up with the "Fire Torts/Torts for Adams" thread.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

@DougMaclean: Hearing from alot of people that the DEAL will be made.Don has to fight for a bit more before its over and Gary has to give a bit.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
@DougMaclean: Hearing from alot of people that the DEAL will be made.Don has to fight for a bit more before its over and Gary has to give a bit.
right, the DEAL will be made. in 2014-2015

Old
12-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I try to capitalize ONE word in every sentence.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I havent been around HF in months, but ive been following the lockout like some starved idiot who expects theyll find a resolution to this and all will be well once they crank up training camp.

I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be, because its ****ing hockey and I love it - but right now im done. Im completely pissed off with this whole thing. I've learned more about collective bargaining tactics, unions and negotiation through these NHL lockouts more than anything in the real business world. It just doesnt make sense. Its a ****ing disgrace.

I dont care who is losing what or whos offended about this or that, or what side is posturing or using the media for leverage - in the end its just a bunch of egotistical moneymongers that will hopefully be long gone before this great game is. At this rate I am questioning that though, because its painfully obvious they are more concerned about winning this pissing match then keeping this league and game healthy.

Shame on them all, and shame on them for thinking we all give a rats ass about what they moan to the media about everyday. We have families and jobs and we need to take care of ourselves in a terrible economy, with no relief in sight - while these guys throw sticks and stones at each other to decide who will make an extra few million here and there. Its a slap in the face to the fans and everyone who relies on the league for personal revenue.

Awesome post.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I like this thread title. It reminds me of when I merged two threads and came up with the "Fire Torts/Torts for Adams" thread.
Some good times in that thread man, some good times indeed.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:10 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

I just can't see them throwing away a season when they are so close. All of this seems like part of the process. Both sides trying to eek out the final few scraps for their respective side. I feel they will come to their senses soon. This isn't the difference between having a salary cap and no cap. These are relatively minor gaps.

The point of no return on a season hasn't come yet. Until they officially cancel the whole thing, I still have faith.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:49 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Awesome post.
I agree, awesome post by HockeyBasedNYC.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:04 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
I just can't see them throwing away a season when they are so close. All of this seems like part of the process. Both sides trying to eek out the final few scraps for their respective side. I feel they will come to their senses soon. This isn't the difference between having a salary cap and no cap. These are relatively minor gaps.

The point of no return on a season hasn't come yet. Until they officially cancel the whole thing, I still have faith.
I would readily agree - but the PR damage they have accomplished is sheer insanity. Morons

Old
12-07-2012, 07:25 PM
ltrangerfan

In my informal poll (talking to people I know) the NHL clearly has won the PR battle in this round. I am surprised by the number of people who now support the owners.

I hope Fehr has a plan to assuage the owners since he needs to make a move. The guys always wins. I believe it's time to declare victory and bring the troops home.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
In my informal poll (talking to people I know) the NHL clearly has won the PR battle in this round. I am surprised by the number of people who now support the owners.

I hope Fehr has a plan to assuage the owners since he needs to make a move. The guys always wins. I believe it's time to declare victory and bring the troops home.
Well, most men can't help but side with the crying girl and angry at he who made her cry. Since men make up the bulk of sports fans, that's what we get.

How's that for vitriol BRB? I'm totally kidding by the way.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:04 PM
alkurtz

All depends who your running mates are: all those I talk to universally condemn the owners.

But it doesn't matter at this point. All the matters is getting on with repairing the damage done to our great sport. Life doesn't seem whole without the Rangers. I miss them all, they are like my extended family.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:03 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411154

Brandon Prust. 4 yr/$10M contract.
What a jackass.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:29 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Your welcome 2k2. And I absolutely remembered that thread and loved it.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:30 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

We've missed you HBNYC

Oh and btw, great post.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:59 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
yeah ok dougie, i'll believe it when i see it. He was around for last lockout, but I now refuse to buy into anymore of the bull after what transpired this past week.

A little tidbit from Kyper, nothing major:

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Many NHL clubs giving #WJC Can team no guarantees #NHL prospects won't b pulled back after roster locked Dec 26th.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Casmatt

This process is tiring, I'm sick of the posturing, I'm sick of the BSing, sick of everything involved with negotiating the new CBA. I think there will be a season, but who really knows? These guys seem to have no idea that losing this season would kill all the momentum the NHL had coming into this year.

Obviously as a Ranger fan I'd love to have a season played this year because I think we'd have a damn good shot at the cup; and because I love hockey But I live in Boston with so many good college teams around. I have BC season tickets, and last week I saw 2 BC/BU games for $50, great seats too, for the price I would've paid for 1 Rangers/Panthers game in the nosebleeds. Come back whenever you want, NHL, I can watch a great NCAA hockey game every weekend night for less than $20. I paid $300 for 2 tickets to rangers @ bruins last year, I'm saving money off of this.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:09 AM
ohbaby

I'm of the opinion whatever happens someone (the NHL) should be held accountable.

The players didn't walk out,...they were locked out. It's the NHL holding this game for ransom.

They are treating the fans with contempt. It is our 300 million they put on the offer table. Who cares what kind of reaction they got from the players. It's our money they are offering.

I believe the players are only looking for a fair deal. You make it to the show, you should get paid. Contracts should be honored.

The owners are just greedy SOB's this time around. And they are holding the game hostage, knowing we the fans, are powerless to do anything about it. Cause once this lockout is over, nobody will return their season tickets. Nobody will stay away from the game we love.

It's a sad fact, that we the fans of this great game, are the sole reason the NHL can even consider making a lockout financially feasible.

Last edited by ohbaby: 12-08-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old
12-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

All blaming and reasoning aside, I just wish this nonsense would stop itself. I'm an online poker player by profession and lately, I've been removed forcefully for an indeterminate amount of time. The next biggest thing in life is hockey and that's locked out. I'm also taking a planned year off school. I now have so much time on my hands, I can probably learn an ancient form of archery and prevent it from going extinct.

The deal itself isn't a big deal because I'm sure both sides can almost see what the deal is going to look like. It's just about finding the right climate to sit down, cut the bull crap and make the god damn CBA like professionals.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

The various sources that are flying around claiming this and that...
The most legitimate sources refrain from claiming things because over time, you're going to be wrong and mislead people and in turn, that will make you less credible and bringing this to a full circle is the idea that it's just opinion. There are those that are going to get lucky when their prediction checks out but it's all nonsense really. So many sources and almost all of them of the speculative nature have been useless so I don't even bother anymore.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...2KKcblDgRCPvfP

interesting article in the post by Everson

Quote:
That Commissioner’s sole duty, his mandate, would be to further the best interest of hockey — not just the interests of the franchisees, nor just those of the laborers. He would be “The Protector of The Puck”. It would require the franchisees and the players to agree to submit to someone with irreproachable motives and judgement.
Quote:
In 1992, one candidate for our idea of a commissioner would have been the late, great ref,eree John McCauley, who was climbing in the league’s hierarchy until his untimely passing, years after the hateful loss of his eye to an angry fist outside MSG following the NHL’s 1979 Challenge Cup defeat by the Soviets.

Today, there is no shortage of men who would be excellent candidates with John Davidson, player, broadcaster, management. Seen it all. Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Ken Dryden, all of whom know both sides of the NHL.

Closed Thread