HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 6.0 - "Gally Got Backhand" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 08:05 PM
HABS2DCUP

vCash: 500
Haha, did anyone see that Ebert pass?

Old
12-07-2012, 08:09 PM
NewHabsEra*

Vail looking good..

Old
12-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Woah, what a backhand-behind the door pass from Vail there. His line is pinning Gally's line all period long.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Wait...Gally...played...center...?

Vail assist confirmed.
Only for about 30 seconds. Boucher and Sarault came off, Hargrave and another winger came on.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Going to OT!

Old
12-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Sarault-Boucher starting OT. I'd like to see Gally and Goldobin out there as the second duo.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
https://twitter.com/ObserverOwen/sta...34760978411520

Paul Owen ‏@ObserverOwen
Goldobin just made an amazing play and blind pass to Galchenyuk at the side of the net, but Gally couldn't get his stick the right way

Old
12-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

5 game point streak over.

Off to a shootout.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Sareault looks like a young Scott Gomez..

Old
12-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Sareault looks like a young Scott Gomez..
I can't figure out if this is meant to be a compliment or not.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:23 PM
CP31

What a goal by Gally!

Old
12-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Galchenyuk must score as Windsor is up 2-0:

Scores!

He went backhand according to twitter, so he switched it up on the SO.

Rychel (first time I've heard his name) for the win: Stopped.

Boucher has tied it up and the CHOK guys go nuts.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Lolllll

Old
12-07-2012, 08:29 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

And Sarnia loses

Good to hear gally picked it up in the 3rd though, and that Vail had a good game and picked up an assist.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Next game is Sunday afternoon vs the Soo Greyhounds.

Gally usually lights them up.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:31 PM
CP31

Great players can't be great every game

Old
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
23 shifts, 27:50 TOI.
3 shots, 5 turnovers.
1-for-2 in the face-off circle.

Beauty of a shoot-out goal too.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:49 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I can't figure out if this is meant to be a compliment or not.
I'd be thrilled if we had a young Scott Gomez. He was fantastic.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:03 PM
That

3-2 win for Windsor in the shootout. Galchenyuk was held pointless but scored a nice goal in the shootout.

Galchenyuk had a rough first period to say the least. The play that epitomized his first period was catching an edge when he got the puck and falling face first. None of his passes seemed to connect and for the most part seemed very forced. He tried to do plays that just weren't there. He started the frustrated near the end and started driving the net harder.

In the second Galchenyuk wasn't any better. He started it off with a very sloppy pass to Boucher. Then another sloppy pass to Boucher that wasn't anywhere near him. However, he did have a beauty feed cross ice and then I nice like drop pass on the PK. He followed that up with a terrible drop pass that wasn't anywhere close to its intended target. If Galchenyuk continues to try those drop passes fifteen times a game like he is now, he is going to get picked apart at the pro level. He gets away with a lot of those stupid passes in junior, but he won’t in the NHL. He has to tone them down a bit and work on keeping it simple.

Good news, Galchenyuk picked up his play substantially in the third. He had a great pass and then drove straight to the net. He drove the net continually throughout the period. He drove it hard too. He then had a beautiful feed to Boucher. Again though, he tried those drop passes again and they just didn't work at all. Even during his best games he tries them and they don’t work all the time.

In overtime Galchenyuk had a great opportunity. Goldobin (yeah him! The guy who he should be centring) deked through the team and made a pass to Galchenyuk, but it got caught in his skates. Galchenyuk also had a nice pass to Sarault right down the centre of the ice. In the shootout he had a beauty goal.

Overall, it was a rough outing for Galchenyuk. It was bound to happen though. He looked sluggish at times and seemed disinterested in playing actually hockey. He was far more concentrated on making fancy passes than he was playing defence. I liked how he was clearly frustrated though and started taking it out in the Spitfires crease though.

The battle of the Habs prospects was won yet again by Brady Vail. He was just fantastic tonight. He was lined up again the Galchenyuk - Sarault - Boucher line all night. It seemed like whenever they started picked up momentum, a good Vail poke check or steal took the puck and turned it the other way. In the first he had like three or four takeaways and a handful of interceptions. He also had some great scoring chances. In the second he played his best defensively out of his game. He made a number of strong plays and kept the super line at bay. He didn't stand out offensively, but the amount of plays that he made in his own zone made up for it. In the third he started picking up his offensive game without sacrificing his defensive game. He used his good hands to create a few offensive chances. He also got a breakaway by using his speed, but he couldn't finish on the play. On the PP, he picked up his first assist with a beautiful cross ice pass to Johnson, eventually the puck went in the net. With time running out in the third he made a super behind the back backdoor pass that resulted in a fantastic chance.

I was really impressed with Vail tonight. He was fantastic in his own zone. He showed some offensive craftiness too. I hope he continues to flesh out that part of his game.

-Nikandrov was fantastic tonight. He was Sarnia's best forward. He created a ton of chances and made some nice passes. One particularly nice play was a flick over the defenders stick and then beautiful feed to Goldobin.
-Goldobin was pretty good tonight. He picked up a goal. I thought he was good, but wasn't the catalyst of his line. He did create a few chances though.
-Davis Brown picked up his second career goal. That's two straight games he's had a goal, and has five points in five games since returning from injury. He's really becoming a solid player. Lots of energy and hard work.
-Reid Boucher was very selfish tonight. Ever since his hattrick he's been trying to go through the entire team and is missing a lot of good chances to pass the puck.
-Brett Hargrave was a beast tonight. He had a pair of monster hits. He cooled off as the game went on, but he was great.
-Alex Basso was very solid. He made some great offensive plays and had a few good poke checks and good reads in his own zone.
-I always forget how good Ben Johnson is until I watch him. He's a very smart player who has a great motor.
-Josh Ho-Sang had a great game tonight. Lots of energy and a had goal too. Every game I watch he gets better. I love how tenacious he was on the forecheck tonight. He did a good job sustaining offensive zone pressure.

Last edited by That: 12-07-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
I'd be thrilled if we had a young Scott Gomez. He was fantastic.
Yeah, what he meant can be either really good as youi point out or really bad (as in Sarault = Gomez of now, the main difference being the age).

Old
12-07-2012, 10:06 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
3-2 win for Windsor in the shootout. Galchenyuk was held pointless but scored a nice goal in the shootout.

Galchenyuk had a rough first period to say the least. The play that epitomized his first period was catching an edge when he got the puck and falling face first. None of his passes seemed to connect and for the most part seemed very forced. He tried to do plays that just weren't there. He started the frustrated near the end and started driving the net harder.
Thank you for the great reports.
Is it me or ...I have a feeling that Galchenyuk always has a slow start (based on your description) ? Is he mostly like that ?

Old
12-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Highlights: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...81ce957a7df9cc

Only moments of Gally we see is in the SO.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:18 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Although Ho Sang missed, his shootout attempt gave me a rock solid boner.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:11 AM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Thank you for the great reports.
Is it me or ...I have a feeling that Galchenyuk always has a slow start (based on your description) ? Is he mostly like that ?
You're welcome. Yes, it's definitely becoming a trend. Galchenyuk apart from about 5 games or so he's gotten off to slow starts. He tends to move his feet, but not really engaging himself in the play. Normally after that first shift though he starts picking up his play. I'm not sure if it's because he's just testing the water a bit and seeing how the opposing team plays, or if he just is a legitimately slow starter. I lean to the second myself.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
How awesome is that. The aunt of DeKort, the goaltender for Windsor, just RT me. Gotta love Twitter sometimes.

Great report, That. Agree on all accounts. This game was not his finest. Before OT started, I said I hoped to see Galchenyuk and Goldobin playing together. They looked great and almost scored the golden goal. It would be nice to see him centre a line with Goldobin five-on-five, but doubt Beaulieu wants to split up his top line. He's been quoted as saying that he doesn't think it's fair to stick anyone else on the top line, as none of the other players are at the skill level of Galchenyuk, Sarault and Boucher.

Closed Thread