HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 09:06 PM
  #1001
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
The 2nd rounder that the Leafs were offering is no longer on the table.

I will give you Komi + 4th...take it or leave it!
I would rather waive him and watch the Leafs miss the playoffs because of poor goaltending again. It would actually make losing an elite goalie for nothing worth it.

Moore Money is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
  #1002
BigMacJokinen
Registered User
 
BigMacJokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
I will give you Komi + 4th...take it or leave it!
Ok... we'll take it

Are you expecting that response, honestly?

BigMacJokinen is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:10 PM
  #1003
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Uh. Okay? I guess Kulemin is only a 7 goal scorer, right?
None of us are claiming that Kulemin is a top 5 LW in the league, even though he potted 30 goals two years ago. He sure scored like like a top 10 LW a couple of years ago, and not one leaf fan has intimated that Kulemin is top 10 LW worthy. It's just not right. I think Van fans need to forget the past, and face the facts that Luongo is just not the goalie he was a couple of years ago. His 916% save pct is a good indication of what's coming down the pipeline. I have the sneaky suspicion many of you know this to be the case.

Oilin Toronto is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:12 PM
  #1004
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.
Finn hurts, take Blacker and its a done deal or switch Finn for Kadri and throw in a 3rd.

BlueBaron is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
  #1005
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Finn hurts, take Blacker and its a done deal or switch Finn for Kadri and throw in a 3rd.
LOL why would you want to switch Finn for Kadri? Kadri has a greater value.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
  #1006
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post
Ok... we'll take it

Are you expecting that response, honestly?
oddly thats what the owners are expecting.

sniper81 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
  #1007
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I would rather waive him and watch the Leafs miss the playoffs because of poor goaltending again. It would actually make losing an elite goalie for nothing worth it.
Why would you even insinuate that you would waive him...especially when he's that good.

Trust me, he's not going to make the difference in the Leafs making the playoffs. If anything, he is not going to be able to handle the pressure cooker (Toronto media)

Oilin Toronto is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  #1008
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Give me something that tells me he is top 5 in the league last year please.
Here, i'll lob up a nice easy one...who was better, Luongo or the group of sludge we had in net last year?


Last edited by slocal: 12-07-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: don't flame
Liferleafer is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:25 PM
  #1009
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
None of us are claiming that Kulemin is a top 5 LW in the league, even though he potted 30 goals two years ago. He sure scored like like a top 10 LW a couple of years ago, and not one leaf fan has intimated that Kulemin is top 10 LW worthy. It's just not right. I think Van fans need to forget the past, and face the facts that Luongo is just not the goalie he was a couple of years ago. His 916% save pct is a good indication of what's coming down the pipeline. I have the sneaky suspicion many of you know this to be the case.
where are you getting 916% from? last year he posted 919%. a couple years ago he posted 913%, 4 years ago 917% each time he followed it up with 920%+. your argument is flawed.

I dont want to waive him but I would rather wiave him than give him to the Leafs for Komisarek, and no I won't trust you because you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

Moore Money is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:25 PM
  #1010
CanuckLuck
Registered User
 
CanuckLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Give me something that tells me he is top 5 in the league last year please.
oh just last year now? Way to add that in there buddy.

If we take top 5 last year, Brian Elliott is the best goalie in the league. i don't think that says much about their true value.

Don't you think we should go by consistency and say Lundqvist is the #1? On this list, Luongo is at most #8.

CanuckLuck is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:26 PM
  #1011
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,969
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
None of us are claiming that Kulemin is a top 5 LW in the league, even though he potted 30 goals two years ago. He sure scored like like a top 10 LW a couple of years ago, and not one leaf fan has intimated that Kulemin is top 10 LW worthy. It's just not right. I think Van fans need to forget the past, and face the facts that Luongo is just not the goalie he was a couple of years ago. His 916% save pct is a good indication of what's coming down the pipeline. I have the sneaky suspicion many of you know this to be the case.
He had a .919 sv%, btw.

And if Kulemin was 2nd in scoring over the past 3 years, yes, he would be a top-5 LW.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:27 PM
  #1012
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
Then keep the top 5 goalie. The leafs have more issues than just goaltentending, this has to be the right deal for them.
but goal is the biggest issue

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:28 PM
  #1013
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Just because a player is slow doesn't mean he can't play hockey. Ryan Clowe is also slow, and is still very effective at providing grit and toughness and scoring. Antropov would provide a similar package(but to a lesser extent). As I said, I'd prefer a package with one better top-6 forward and no 3C involved so as to give Schroeder a chance, but if the choice is Little + 2nd or Little + 2nd + Antropov for Luongo + Ballard, it's an easy choice for me. Especially beacuse it gives us more cap flexibility going into next year.



Antropov provide a similar package to Clowe? Mmmmyeah.



I'd still take the first package over the second simply due to the Antropov for Ballard exchange.



Quote:
So either Kadri or Schroeder will not be playing. And you seem to have changed your mind, as before you said Kadri would be moved to wing, when there is absolutely no room for him there as well. It wouldn't be any different than bringing in any other 3C and having Schroeder compete with him either. Why is Bozak any different than say, Antropov? If we bring in any other centres in a Luongo trade, it likely means we've given up on Schroeder, which is why I'd prefer to go for as high a quality top-6 forward + pick combination as possible, with little else involved.

As for long term, I really don't think having Kadri-Schroeder as our bottom-6 centres is a good idea. 2 smallish rookies on a contending team? I highly doubt Gillis goes for that.



Bozak is different from Antropov because Bozak can skate.



Who said Kadri would be a long-term fixture in the bottom6? The only reason he would be blocked, short-term, is because Kulemin takes that spot. Although if Kadri is going offensively, I could see him take over that 2nd line RW spot, pushing Kulemin down.


But that's neither here no there.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:31 PM
  #1014
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
None of us are claiming that Kulemin is a top 5 LW in the league, even though he potted 30 goals two years ago. He sure scored like like a top 10 LW a couple of years ago, and not one leaf fan has intimated that Kulemin is top 10 LW worthy. It's just not right. I think Van fans need to forget the past, and face the facts that Luongo is just not the goalie he was a couple of years ago. His 916% save pct is a good indication of what's coming down the pipeline. I have the sneaky suspicion many of you know this to be the case.
916 save% gets us in playoffs last year and quite easily

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
  #1015
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Here, i'll lob up a nice easy one...who was better, Luongo or the group of sludge we had in net last year?
You would actually give up our future once again...for a washed up goalie, that ties us up for the next 10 years. Have you not learned anything from former washed up players that come to retire in Toronto. Would you like me to list the who's who of players that's set back this franchise for the past 20 years. No more stop gap measures.

Why on earth would we give up Kadri, Finn, 2nd rounder, Bozek, +, + for a goalie that's not going to make a difference, and is only going to tie us up for the next 10 years. That's what the HELL I'm on!

I think you should ask yourself...what do you think Luongo is going to do for the Leafs.


Last edited by slocal: 12-07-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: edited quote
Oilin Toronto is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:36 PM
  #1016
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
You would actually give up our future once again...for a washed up goalie, that ties us up for the next 10 years. Have you not learned anything from former washed up players that come to retire in Toronto. Would you like me to list the who's who of players that's set back this franchise for the past 20 years. No more stop gap measures.

Why on earth would we give up Kadri, Finn, 2nd rounder, Bozek, +, + for a goalie that's not going to make a difference, and is only going to tie us up for the next 10 years. That's what the HELL I'm on!

I think you should ask yourself...what do you think Luongo is going to do for the Leafs.

What's Luongo going to do for the Leafs?


WIN

Now i know that's not as important as all these mystery players and 3rd line centers...but rake my word for it, winning is fun.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:37 PM
  #1017
CanuckLuck
Registered User
 
CanuckLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
You would actually give up our future once again...for a washed up goalie, that ties us up for the next 10 years. Have you not learned anything from former washed up players that come to retire in Toronto. Would you like me to list the who's who of players that's set back this franchise for the past 20 years. No more stop gap measures.

Why on earth would we give up Kadri, Finn, 2nd rounder, Bozek, +, + for a goalie that's not going to make a difference, and is only going to tie us up for the next 10 years. That's what the HELL I'm on!

I think you should ask yourself...what do you think Luongo is going to do for the Leafs.
Luongo will get you in the playoffs. And his value is about as low as a top 5 goaltender will EVER be. Any team that's in the market for a goaltender should seriously consider Luo.

Scrivens is garbage. He won't ever make it as a starter. And it's debatable what Reimer will even end up as. As of right now it looks as if he will play out to be a middle of the pack starter.

Luongo gets the Leafs an identity. And because of his ability, gives the Leafs a chance to win every game. Don't let your Canuck hatred blind you, Luongo is an elite goaltender...that's not debatable.

CanuckLuck is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:40 PM
  #1018
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
What's Luongo going to do for the Leafs?


WIN

Now i know that's not as important as all these mystery players and 3rd line centers...but rake my word for it, winning is fun.
winning? as a leaf fan this concept is unheard of of please explain

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:41 PM
  #1019
CanuckLuck
Registered User
 
CanuckLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 500
And also there's been absolutely nothign to suggest Luongo is washed up. Not sure where you get that from. Most canucks fans will agree Luongo had one of his better seasons with Vancouver last year. He and Schneider are the only reason the team scraped to a 1st place finish. If Schneider wasn't so god-like last year we would be more than happy moving forward with Luongo in net.

CanuckLuck is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:42 PM
  #1020
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Luongo will get you in the playoffs. And his value is about as low as a top 5 goaltender will EVER be. Any team that's in the market for a goaltender should seriously consider Luo.

Scrivens is garbage. He won't ever make it as a starter. And it's debatable what Reimer will even end up as. As of right now it looks as if he will play out to be a middle of the pack starter.

Luongo gets the Leafs an identity. And because of his ability, gives the Leafs a chance to win every game. Don't let your Canuck hatred blind you, Luongo is an elite goaltender...that's not debatable.
My question for you is, why would you give up on a top 5 goalie. If I had a top 5 goalie, I would hang on to him at all expense.

Canuck fans are very friendly, they love Torontonians, and just want to help us out. Please pawn your top 5 goalie to someone else.

Oilin Toronto is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:45 PM
  #1021
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
winning? as a leaf fan this concept is unheard of of please explain
Lol...luckily i'm old enough to remember enjoying the playoffs more than draft day.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:48 PM
  #1022
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
My question for you is, why would you give up on a top 5 goalie. If I had a top 5 goalie, I would hang on to him at all expense.

Canuck fans are very friendly, they love Torontonians, and just want to help us out. Please pawn your top 5 goalie to someone else.
Are you serious? the goaltenders we have can't hold Luongo's [Mod]...now or 5 years from now. Now, before you start ranting about "it"s a 10 year deal!!! OMG!!" Maybe take the time to actually read his contract before you debate it.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:48 PM
  #1023
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
My question for you is, why would you give up on a top 5 goalie. If I had a top 5 goalie, I would hang on to him at all expense.

Canuck fans are very friendly, they love Torontonians, and just want to help us out. Please pawn your top 5 goalie to someone else.


It's extremely rare that a team has an asset like this to trade. Closest I can think of is Halak/Price (recently). Did MTL have to trade Halak? No, not in the sense of need, but going forward they couldn't sustain both. I'm not sure, but does that mean they were trying to help STL out?


The other facet of this is that Luongo _wants_ out. So that makes this _not_ a choice. He's made the decision. Now Gillis has to abide by it eventually. It's not necessary that he goes to TO either, but they have the greatest need and have been hotly rumoured in talks. Does that mean he has to go there? No, of course not. But it does mean that it makes a lot of sense for him to go there.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:49 PM
  #1024
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Lol...luckily i'm old enough to remember enjoying the playoffs more than draft day.
I remember them too it seems like most fans are content with a **** team

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:51 PM
  #1025
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I remember them too it seems like most fans are content with a **** team
Yup...i don't get it. We need a starting goalie....here is one and we say nope....not good enough for my 8 year playoffless team.

Liferleafer is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.