HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

NBA Regular Season Thread II (11/25-12/25)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Not even close. I was mocked when I mentioned the Knicks were legit earlier this year.
As of now, there aren't too many teams in the east better than New York. They're good and the East is very weak.

People may have made the comments they did if you posted that after game 5 or 6...

Old
12-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
As of now, there aren't too many teams in the east better than New York. They're good and the East is very weak.

People may have made the comments they did if you posted that after game 5 or 6...
They were just noted as a mediocre team 2 pages ago. lol.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

vCash: 500
Y'know, there are other teams than the Knicks & Heat and since neither one of them are playing tonight maybe you guys could drop the nonsense or make another thread so we could talk about the rest of the league?

Old
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
As I said a page ago, the elite of the league certainly changes over time. There was a time when the Pats were nobodies in the NFL, now you'd be stupid to make such a suggestion. No doubt in time the Brady/Belichick combination will be gone and things will have to change for Pats fans. Not exactly sure why you think this point brings anything to the table?
I'm a Dolphins fan, and I'm proud of the fact my Dolphins have beaten the Patriots plenty of times while other teams aren't able to. My point doesn't bring anything to the table, I'm just tired of bandwagon fans that show up when their team is relevant and don't show up when they aren't. I'm not saying you are one of those fans, but there are plenty of heat fans that are like that.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Rhaego

Yay Nuggets

Old
12-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I'm a Dolphins fan, and I'm proud of the fact my Dolphins have beaten the Patriots plenty of times while other teams aren't able to. My point doesn't bring anything to the table, I'm just tired of bandwagon fans that show up when their team is relevant and don't show up when they aren't. I'm not saying you are one of those fans, but there are plenty of heat fans that are like that.
and I'm sure next year if the Dolphins started the season with a win over the Pats, you wouldn't decide that the Dolphins are now better than the Pats would you?

So you're complaining about bandwagon fans when the issue at hand is the Knicks fans coming out and declaring their team the best in the NBA after being nobodies for years?

Old
12-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Swervin81
No Honour for Connor

Now let us all celebrate the greatness that is JaVale McGee

Old
12-07-2012, 08:54 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

76ers up by one with 3.9 left in OT, Turner had a good shot

Old
12-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Evan Turner with a clutch shot. Sixers take the lead. Boston a chance to win it with just a few seconds left.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
They were just noted as a mediocre team 2 pages ago. lol.
That was obviously out of annoyance. Avs knows his sports.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Rondo FAIL lol

Old
12-07-2012, 08:58 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

that was weird. when rondo missed, he goes running and then stops in the huddle. good ending though.

Van Gundy sounds sick

Old
12-07-2012, 09:00 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
Now let us all celebrate the greatness that is JaVale McGee
What was he trying to do there? Whenever he fails, he always fails big time.

Warriors team is really fun to watch. Nice to see a young group of guys carry the team.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
What an exciting 76ers game.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Raptors mail it in early tonight.

Turner, at least statistically speaking, has been great the last dozen or so games.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:12 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
and I'm sure next year if the Dolphins started the season with a win over the Pats, you wouldn't decide that the Dolphins are now better than the Pats would you?

So you're complaining about bandwagon fans when the issue at hand is the Knicks fans coming out and declaring their team the best in the NBA after being nobodies for years?
If the Dolphins came out and beat the Patriots next year, that would actually be the norm. They have beat the Patriots regularly over the years compared to the rest of the league.

I didn't realize the issue at hand was knicks fans cheering over a regular season victory. Apparently you like basketball much more than me. I couldn't give a **** about a regular season victory. Fact is though, Knicks fans still show up, Heat fans don't.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
If the Dolphins came out and beat the Patriots next year, that would actually be the norm. They have beat the Patriots regularly over the years compared to the rest of the league.

I didn't realize the issue at hand was knicks fans cheering over a regular season victory. Apparently you like basketball much more than me. I couldn't give a **** about a regular season victory. Fact is though, Knicks fans still show up, Heat fans don't.
You didn't actually respond to what I said though did you? you wouldn't come out and label the Dolphins as being better than the Patriots if they beat them to start next season would you? let's say the Dolphins kick off next year 4-0 with a win over the Pats, would you be labelling them as better than the Pats and talking about them being amongst the best in the league and blah blah blah? I would think not.

I couldn't give a **** about a regular season victory either, it's the Knicks fans who are planning the parade based on a hot start to the regular season. You seem to be presenting arguments that support my stance on this topic, so why you are saying them to me I have no idea. A New York team basketball team packing in fans? who would have thought!

Old
12-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Same form?

Old
12-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Everything the Knicks have done up to this point, and factoring in what that franchise has been through the last little while, can you really blame the fans for being ecstatic? If people declaring them champs, well yea that's a little too much. Like I said, for them up to this point, they have every reason to be enjoying it.

Last edited by Hanta Yo: 12-07-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Fighter
Legend

Lee, Noah and Love all with beast nights.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Everything the Knicks have done up to this point, and factoring in what that franchise has been through the last little while, can you really blame the fans for being ecstatic? If people declaring them champs, well yea that's a little too much. Like I said, for them up to this point, they have every reason to be enjoying it.
and considering there's several teams who have been much better in recent times and are doing just as good this season, can you really blame the fans of other teams for really not giving a ****? we've had people posting about how they are the best team in the league and top seeds locked up after 5 games and all sorts of nonsense.

No doubt enjoy it, why would anyone not? better to be winning than to be losing. Just a whole lot of yapping happening far to early. There's enjoying a good start to the year, then there's blowing it completely out of proportion lol.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:26 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
I bet on the NBA everyday with real money, I have multiple bets on right now. But placing a bet with somebody with money over HF seems pretty stupid, you going to chase people up all over the world? what a dunce.
Congrats on that. Really.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Either way, it's nice to see the East get a little more competitive than in recent time.

Nets started off pretty well, but have fallen off since. As of now, it's NY vs Miami for top dog.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Nuggets starters shot 14-for-47 and they still won.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:34 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Really think that Miami game helped the Spurs out quite a bit. Ever since that night the reserves have just been full of confidence and Pop hasn't had any problem putting them in a bit sooner. Patty Mills has been pretty good again tonight when given the chance and the Spurs are beating Houston pretty handily. Not a good game from the Rockets standpoint, kinda got overwhelmed there.

Cook down on the floor, kinda got hit by his teammate, not sure. You could see him struggling as the teams went to the other side of the court. Hate whenever a player goes down and you don't really know, bad memories.

Closed Thread