HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Mika Zibanejad is the real deal 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 12:56 PM
SenzZen
C(as)H/CH-CH-ing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce11 View Post
with all of the scrutiny on his game, Zibanejad is still, in my mind, our top prospect. so i just want to ask you peeps, where do you realistically want to see him by the end of the season. points, overall play, wing/center, toughness, etc. What kind of season will make everyone calm and confident in our highest pick in 10 years

This much better than when the season started.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

I remember a time when Del Zotto was being pimped over Karlsson and Luke Schenn was so phenomenal making the NHL immediately following the Draft.

I'm excited for Zibanejad as a prospect, don't really care about who could have been had after him or what other players are accomplishing at the same relative age. The Senators have been far more fortuitous with their picks in recent memory and could have gone the consensus route by picking guys like Cleary and Cuma over Hossa and Karlsson. Even if Z busts hard, it happens to EVERY team.

The funniest thing about all the downer opinions on MZ is that I'm pretty sure that hardly anyone has seen the kid play very much. Stat sheets and negative journalism seem to be the main source of information.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Best forward if not skater in Bingo - using his body to blow up plays, scoring with skill, producing on the PP, winning faceoffs, shutting down top opposition, being a stud in the Bingo playoff run.
What would this put him on track to be?

Old
12-07-2012, 03:22 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

Quote:
with all of the scrutiny on his game, Zibanejad is still, in my mind, our top prospect. so i just want to ask you peeps, where do you realistically want to see him by the end of the season. points, overall play, wing/center, toughness, etc. What kind of season will make everyone calm and confident in our highest pick in 10 years
Robin Lehner is our top prospect AINE******C.

Of our top prospects...

Silf: (High End) 1st liner (Low End) 2nd liner
Zbad: (Very High End) 1st line 65pt guy (Low End) 2nd-3rd line tweener
Noeson: (High End) Dustin Brown 2.0 (Low End) Nick Foligno (2.0)
Ceci: Basically going to be an excellent #3 D-man one day. When that time is, who knows.

Lehner: (High End) Top 5 Goalie in the league (Low End) Middle of the pack starter

Old
12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Tuna99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
What would this put him on track to be?
meeting expectations

Old
12-07-2012, 03:46 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
I remember a time when Del Zotto was being pimped over Karlsson and Luke Schenn was so phenomenal making the NHL immediately following the Draft.

I'm excited for Zibanejad as a prospect, don't really care about who could have been had after him or what other players are accomplishing at the same relative age. The Senators have been far more fortuitous with their picks in recent memory and could have gone the consensus route by picking guys like Cleary and Cuma over Hossa and Karlsson. Even if Z busts hard, it happens to EVERY team.

The funniest thing about all the downer opinions on MZ is that I'm pretty sure that hardly anyone has seen the kid play very much. Stat sheets and negative journalism seem to be the main source of information.
Stop bringing in logic and smart analysis. Couturier is destined to be a first liner for years to come.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:57 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Stop bringing in logic and smart analysis. Couturier is destined to be a first liner for years to come.
Sorry, won't happen again

Actually, what's really funny is the fact that if everything goes perfectly for the Flyers, Couturier will be their 3rd line C. Not saying he'll never rise to a 1st line talent level, but he's got Giroux and Schenn to deal with.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
meeting expectations
I was clearly asking what you thought those expectations were.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:00 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Like another poster had mentioned, there is no way in hell Zibby is our top prospect as long as Lehner is in the organization.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:03 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
Like another poster had mentioned, there is no way in hell Zibby is our top prospect as long as Lehner is in the organization.
Silfverberg now making huge case for being ahead of Zibby and I'm an enormous Zibby supporter.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:05 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Silfverberg now making huge case for being ahead of Zibby and I'm an enormous Zibby supporter.
Silf has been ahead of Zib for a while, he is just making the gap bigger.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Xspyrit did mention Greening is comparable to Couturier, which is ridiculous, considering Greening, at age 26 with some top-line/top-6 time on an offensive team, only produced ten more points than Couturier, a more skilled, higher-potential player who's 6 years younger, played a defensive role all year, and was a rookie coming straight out of juniors.
lol... really? I see that I still have a lot of work to do in this thread but for now I have way better things to do... I will stop by once again when I find a bit of time... But this comment, I had to quote it right away

Really? I am a bit disappointed... I thought a prerogative to be a mod was to be able to read... at least

So you just misread or you were being hyppocrite, taking it out of context?

Here's what I said...

Quote:
Haven't you see guys like Landeskog, Henrique, Read, RNH, Hodgson, Hagelin... heck even Greening? I'd take most of those guys before Couturier
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=46

Where did I even compared Couturier to Greening? Not the same role, not the same position, not the same style... I was naming forwards who had a great rookie season last year, that's all...

If you guys don't like me for being loud, at least do it right when you're trying to prove me wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
I also don't think he's going to become a franchise top 5 player in the league or anything like that but I just find it lame to see posters like Xspyrit trash his accomplishments so he can feel better about our prospects.

But, yeah, it is the Internet afterall so I shouldn't expect too much from here either.
You guys are... lol hopeless

Where did I trash Couturier exactly?

No, I'm just trying to temper the excitation of people about Couturier, who is being glorified like crazy...

Find me quotes... I said he was already a quality NHL player and he will be a solid reliable player but my opinion is that he won't be a star/impact player... (again for the slow minded people : IMO)

I also said that what he did is not unseen, just last year other prospects did as well or even better... Every year there's good rookies.

Victor Hedman and Matt Duchene played very solid rookie seasons right after they were drafted... How has been their progression since? Again, not everything is linear (do you need more examples?)

Finally, I don't care as much as people do... All our prospects could be bust and become golfers and I wouldn't lose a second of sleep... This has nothing to do with my personal life... It's just an entertainment, like watching a movie. I'm very very passionate about the Sens and everything hockey but I'm not a fanatic... big difference. Basically, I'm trying to have fun with this.... and maybe you should try it too (however their lockoutS thing is not very funny)

Last edited by Xspyrit: 12-07-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 12:18 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Quote:
Wha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Bingo. I am very pleased with Silf thus far.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
He's been ahead for a while because most people will always choose the more accomplished, albeit older player over the younger player with upside. Although now it appears that guess may be right, often times it isn't. WHen the older guy is THAT accomplished it's hard to bet against him.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:18 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
He's been ahead for a while because most people will always choose the more accomplished, albeit older player over the younger player with upside. Although now it appears that guess may be right, often times it isn't. WHen the older guy is THAT accomplished it's hard to bet against him.
I find it's more often the other way around. The unknown of a young prospect is often picked over proven, established and more projectable players.

Someone linked a great Simpsons clip to cap this sentiment in another thread. They could've chosen a boat, but they chose the mystery box because "it could even be a boat".

Old
12-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
I find it's more often the other way around. The unknown of a young prospect is often picked over proven, established and more projectable players.

Someone linked a great Simpsons clip to cap this sentiment in another thread. They could've chosen a boat, but they chose the mystery box because "it could even be a boat".
Thats a family guy quote.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post

Actually you're probably right, I'd say it's one of those "there's two types of people" things. If you've always thought Silfverberg was ahead, or have for a while, you're probably one that will usually take the older guy if he's accomplished more.

I think anyone would be going out on a limb betting against Silfverberg being the cream of the crop now. But of course, who knows.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Silf was always ahead of Zib, three years ahead.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:21 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Why don't we turn the topic of this thread to which homo sens fan wants to suck Sean couturiers dick more.

Cause you guys are almost there.
Double quoted. Needs to be read. lol

Old
12-08-2012, 11:33 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Wha?

Bingo. I am very pleased with Silf thus far.
I agree silf is better right now, but we're seeing a 19 year old and a 22 year old in the AHL. I would hope the 22 year old is further along in his development.

I think too many people are seeing who's the better player now, and going with that.

Now i'm not advocating that zib will be better then silf. I just think a lot of people are comparing them against each other now, when one is 19, and one is 22, that isn't fair.

I'm in the camp of if you asked me who will be the better player of lehner, zib, silf, noe, pum etc, i honestly wouldn't put money on any of them because it's too tough to tell. They're all pretty damn solid prospects and i'm happy to have em all.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
I agree silf is better right now, but we're seeing a 19 year old and a 22 year old in the AHL. I would hope the 22 year old is further along in his development.

I think too many people are seeing who's the better player now, and going with that.

Now i'm not advocating that zib will be better then silf. I just think a lot of people are comparing them against each other now, when one is 19, and one is 22, that isn't fair.

I'm in the camp of if you asked me who will be the better player of lehner, zib, silf, noe, pum etc, i honestly wouldn't put money on any of them because it's too tough to tell. They're all pretty damn solid prospects and i'm happy to have em all.
Comparisons and projections are two different things IMO.

I have no problem with people comparing Couturier or Silf to Zib.

However I find the quantum leap some are making, in terms of career projections, from a relatively small amount of comparative data less than objective.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Lyndon Slewidge

When is the last time Zib actually did look good?

not trolling just havent been watching

Old
12-08-2012, 01:03 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Slewidge View Post
When is the last time Zib actually did look good?

not trolling just havent been watching
Elite one-timer last pre-season.

Nah, kidding aside he's not been putting up a string of good games in a long time. The relegation playoffs last year he was very good in like half the games, and very disappointing in a couple of others.

No matter what you want to say about his puck luck and such matter in his Bingo career, he's not been able to consistently put up good performances, which was to be expected from a young player just coming over. Even the much more skilled and accomplished older prospect Silfverberg struggled a bit in his first few games.

Old
12-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Wham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
Thats a family guy quote.
inspired by the Simpsons...

Old
12-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Canuckman44

Three years is huge when it comes to development. You need to say is Silf now ahead of Zibby 3 from now. Only speculation.

Closed Thread