HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 12.0 - The "Un-Stickied" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
There a few solid players out there.
But they're there for a reason. They're all overpaid bare none.

I'm not expecting us to draft anyone. Maybe we can make a deal in the 2nd round.

It starts at 3 pm.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Captain Saku

It's official: Arguez, Corradi and Montano not coming back. Frees up 2 intl spots.

Edit: in other news, Camara and Iapichino will be back next season. Surprised about Iapichino, looks like we won't be looking for a LB.

Last edited by Captain Saku: 12-07-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
It's official: Arguez, Corradi and Montano not coming back. Frees up 2 intl spots.

Edit: in other news, Camara and Iapichino will be back next season. Surprised about Iapichino, looks like we won't be looking for a LB.
Yup only questionable move is Iapichino and even then, he's pretty young.

Happy to see Camara back. Very versatile player.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

I wana see Camara play DM for Christ sakes. Would be like having a 3d CB and let Bernier be more a deep lying playmaker rather than a recuperator. Camara is the prototypical Ligue 1/ French CDM. Big physical and technically and tactically sound. Look at players like Etienne Capoue, Yann M'Vila and Sissoko. The guy said he wants to play but there are 3CBs ahead of him (on paper) in the depth charts. He can play in the Championship / premier league according to the reports. Keep playing him or he'll leave.

We will be able to hold in to leads way better with Camara as a DM. Especially on the road where he can be like a third center back standing in front of the 2 CBs shutting down plays through the middle of the pitch, and dropping inside the box to clear headers when crosses are sent in.

Really hope the next coach sees that as well if he doesn't plan on having Hassoun as a regular starter in the back 4

Old
12-07-2012, 03:36 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
NOOOOOOOOO
Mapp is good enough to be a sub. Good technique and shot. His main problem is stamina.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I wana see Camara play DM for Christ sakes. Would be like having a 3d CB and let Bernier be more a deep lying playmaker rather than a recuperator. Camara is the prototypical Ligue 1/ French CDM. Big physical and technically and tactically sound. Look at players like Etienne Capoue, Yann M'Vila and Sissoko. The guy said he wants to play but there are 3CBs ahead of him (on paper) in the depth charts. He can play in the Championship / premier league according to the reports. Keep playing him or he'll leave.

We will be able to hold in to leads way better with Camara as a DM. Especially on the road where he can be like a third center back standing in front of the 2 CBs shutting down plays through the middle of the pitch, and dropping inside the box to clear headers when crosses are sent in.

Really hope the next coach sees that as well if he doesn't plan on having Hassoun as a regular starter in the back 4
I dont really see Camara as a DM. I didnt see him play in the NASL to make a complete evaluation but I went to many games at SS and watched him play closely as a CB and I was'nt impressed at all at his attempts to build up the play from the back, he often missed his passes and failed to see opened players up front. These are crucial characteristics for a DM.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:34 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Sad to hear that Corradi is gone.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Sad to hear that Corradi is gone.
He was slower than a legless turtle in coma.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Mapp is good enough to be a sub. Good technique and shot. His main problem is stamina.
No. Pretty bad shot and finishing. However he's the only one who can properly cross.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
I dont really see Camara as a DM. I didnt see him play in the NASL to make a complete evaluation but I went to many games at SS and watched him play closely as a CB and I was'nt impressed at all at his attempts to build up the play from the back, he often missed his passes and failed to see opened players up front. These are crucial characteristics for a DM.
He really wasn't this bad. I remember a few times the team wasn't creating anything and he took the ball down the wing to attempt a cross (including the Felipe scissor kick IIRC).

Old
12-07-2012, 10:30 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
He was slower than a legless turtle in coma.
But he scored goals...

Old
12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:

Yeah it would be good, could help in the air battle in the middle of the field too.

Im ok with Iapachino back, We didn't play really play him. Would be interesting to give him a real chance like Brovsky had. He seem to have much better offensive capability compare to Brovsky. If he can at least be at Brovsky level defensively with time he could be a complete LB. Hope to see Valentin play too. These 2 guys are the best that we have to have complete LB and RB who can defend but support the attack too. When you have these kinds of guys you have much more freedom tactically wise.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:49 PM
RoadTotheCup

So far I like the cleaning that we have done with the team. Only thing left is Arnaud with is big salary.

We got rid of the players we didn't want or need, free up some cap space, free up some International spot and we are on our way to lower the salary of one of our 2 overpaid players.

Right now we probably have somewhere between 700000$ and 900000$ free under the cap space with a unknown amount of allocation money, 2 free International slots, 2 DP slots and a bunch of Draft picks who could be use to trade for players or more international Slots.

If the new coach is a good choice and we bring some interesting players we should have a interesting season!

Last edited by RoadTotheCup: 12-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 10:54 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

SoccerPlus ‏@SoccerPlusEN
After speaking with @joeysaputo in LA, @jasondevos believes #IMFC's next HC will be an experienced European with the profile of a teacher.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:57 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
After speaking with @joeysaputo in LA, @jasondevos believes #IMFC's next HC will be an experienced European with the profile of a teacher.
Interesting

Old
12-07-2012, 10:57 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Carlo Ancelotti #BookIt

Old
12-08-2012, 03:13 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I think it's actually his favourite position and he was formed as a DM.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Captain Saku

Jesse Marsch has received an offer from TFC

Old
12-08-2012, 10:01 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
And Chivas USA.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:03 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Good thing if he plays Braun against us, hahahaha.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:56 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:

Old
12-08-2012, 11:59 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I see him going to TFC.

Old
12-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:

Old
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Captain Saku

SoccerPlus‏@SoccerPlusFR

Selon une source européenne, l'ex-int'l italien Christian Panucci aurait refusé une offre pour être le prochain entr.-chef de #IMFC #MLS

Old
12-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Et le But

Quote:
SoccerPlus‏@SoccerPlusFR

Selon une source européenne, l'ex-int'l italien Christian Panucci aurait refusé une offre pour être le prochain entr.-chef de #IMFC #MLS
Not sure I see Panucci as someone with the "profile of a teacher", man has a bit of an ego. He is learning from Capello though, which is probably why he isn't moving.

Closed Thread