HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Vicente

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Why a two week break?
Unfortunately there are plenty of national team events really nobody cares about allover Europe.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:11 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Unfortunately there are plenty of national team events really nobody cares about allover Europe.
first channel cup gonna be awesome!

Old
12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Ah yes I forgot about the "chosen four" of Euro Hockey Tour.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Peter25

Wish they would still call it Izvestija tournament like in the good old days. "First Channel Cup" sounds so lame.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I'll be ignoring it as the "apartheid" event that it is.

These overlong international breaks (9 days each) should definitely be cancelled, as they keep breaking the rhythm of the KHL season, then forcing the teams to play too many games in a short sequence to compensate for the breaks.

I'd only keep the World Championships as international events, moving them to February, with a 2-week break in the KHL to allow for the tourney to take place. Yeah, that's a 2-week break, but one 2-week break is better, imo, than several meaningless 9-day breaks interspersed throughout the year, breaking the flow of the KHL season every time.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Peter25

I somewhat like these national team tournaments.

1. It gives me a chance to see players from different leagues to play for their national teams and compare their performances.

2. It gives younger players that would not be selected to World Championships a chance to represent their country and gain more experience. For example I want to see how the Plotnikov-Anisimov duo does in a higher level and tempo hockey.

3. These games are usually very good hockey (in spite of what people say). Average Eurohockey Tour game is far better than average KHL game.

4. It gives players who are not playing a chance to rest and heal their injuries.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Faterson

Peter, I'm sure that people benefiting from the apartheid enjoyed that regime, too. It was worse if you happened to be on the other side, among the non-privileged ones.

Yeah, I'm sure if I was Russian, Czech, Finnish or Swedish, I might enjoy the tourney. But not like this -- I find it offensive. At least in a typical KHL or NHL game, you can see players from (potentially) all countries of the world. But in that tourney about to start, you need to be a citizen of 4 select countries in order to participate. I give that a big

Slovakia has been forced to play second-rate international tourneys for 2 decades now during these international breaks. I assure you most Slovak hockey fans don't give a damn about these tourneys. Slovan coach Čada has requested that no Slovan player be nominated for the upcoming tourney in Switzerland. That's how "prestigious" the tourney is for Slovakia -- that Slovakia's current top team will send no players to it. Slovan prefers to focus on the European Trophy club-level competition during the break.

I sincerely hope the Euro Hockey Tour will be cancelled 2 years from now, as has recently been rumoured. I would be all for renewing the former, full-fledged Izvestiya Cup, which was not just 3 games, and not just 4 teams.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Ah yes I forgot about the "chosen four" of Euro Hockey Tour.
What now? We shall be sorry for being one of the top hockey nations?

Old
12-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Peter, I'm sure that people benefiting from the apartheid enjoyed that regime, too. It was worse if you happened to be on the other side, among the non-privileged ones.

Yeah, I'm sure if I was Russian, Czech, Finnish or Swedish, I might enjoy the tourney. But not like this -- I find it offensive. At least in a typical KHL or NHL game, you can see players from (potentially) all countries of the world. But in that tourney about to start, you need to be a citizen of 4 select countries in order to participate. I give that a big

Slovakia has been forced to play second-rate international tourneys for 2 decades now during these international breaks. I assure you most Slovak hockey fans don't give a damn about these tourneys. Slovan coach Čada has requested that no Slovan player be nominated for the upcoming tourney in Switzerland. That's how "prestigious" the tourney is for Slovakia -- that Slovakia's current top team will send no players to it. Slovan prefers to focus on the European Trophy club-level competition during the break.

I sincerely hope the Euro Hockey Tour will be cancelled 2 years from now, as has recently been rumoured. I would be all for renewing the former, full-fledged Izvestiya Cup, which was not just 3 games, and not just 4 teams.
Not that story again...

Old
12-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Not that story again...
We didn't bring it up, because we don't care about those tournaments. But if you do bring it up, that's the reaction you'll get. (From hockey fans not in the "4 select nations".)

Old
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I just want to comment on the whole Anisin thing. The guy is a good player, top scorer of the playoffs last season, they won - what more could you ask for? Now you park his seat on the bench? Foolish move. When all of the fancy stars leave for the NHL whenever that is, who will do the scoring then?
At least they could trade him and get something decent in return for him. I realize he maybe a media dart board, but who cares, the guy can play.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Ryker

Quote:

Come on, dude, it's a traditional tournament that was established as a tournament between those exact four teams. Why would they break the format to include Slovakia? I mean, if they chose to do so, I'd have nothing against it, but if they're happy with the four teams that are participating in it now, there's nothing discriminatory about that. You're also already participating in the Deutschland Cup, and at this point that's also a better fit for you guys as you've kind of dropped out of the "top 7" and have Germany and Switzerland keeping you company in "the next three".

It's also ridiculous using the word apartheid when describing this situation and you should know better. This is closer to being jealous of four people you know going out together and not inviting you. Deal with it by not crying about it. If not, you might as well start making ruckus for Slovan to the Davos Cup or Slovakia the Subway Super Series, as well.

Disclaimer: This is coming from a hockey fan not in the select four nations.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Faterson

Not crying, just calling the event despicable, irrelevant and hoping for its cancellation. That's all.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Ryker

a) There's nothing despicable about the event, you're just personally offended by being the third wheel. Or maybe, to make things fair for everyone, we should all just have a big party, invite all the nations in IIHF and then figure out how to set up an exciting tournament pitting Mongolia vs. Sweden and New Zealand vs. Russia four times a year.

b) If it's so irrelevant, how come you have such a strong opinion about it?

c) Hoping for its cancellation is your right, of course. But like I said, you have the Deutschland Cup and I don't see any Swedish, Finnish, Russian or Czech fans sulking for not being invited there

Old
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
We didn't bring it up, because we don't care about those tournaments.
It's so obvious.

Usually I'm all for cancellation of the EHT, but this year, with all Ovechkins of the world playing in the KHL, I reconsider.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I just want to comment on the whole Anisin thing. The guy is a good player, top scorer of the playoffs last season, they won - what more could you ask for? Now you park his seat on the bench? Foolish move. When all of the fancy stars leave for the NHL whenever that is, who will do the scoring then?
At least they could trade him and get something decent in return for him. I realize he maybe a media dart board, but who cares, the guy can play.
You are overreacting.

Is he a good hockey player?
yes.

Is he a complete superstar just because of one great playoffs?
no.

Did he do something to prove he's no one hit wonder this season?
no.

Is he good enough to play in the NHL?
Hell, no. I don't ever care if it's just his size, but facts are facts.

Do you send even your star players to the minors for conditioning after injuries?
yes.

Does that mean, you want to "park his seat on the bench"?
no.

And haven't even started talking about his attitude towards teammtes, the franchise, the coach...

This guy is trouble in a bottle. I wouldn't have wanted him on my team if he had Ovechkin's skills. And he doesn't.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:57 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Does that mean, you want to "park his seat on the bench"?
no.

And haven't even started talking about his attitude towards teammtes, the franchise, the coach...

This guy is trouble in a bottle. I wouldn't have wanted him on my team if he had Ovechkin's skills. And he doesn't.
Interesting perspective...At the end of the day, he has a Gagarin cup ring. Thats what its all about. BTW he was a league all star and was a human highlight real last season. .
Your right, there are obviously problems with his attitude, but radulov has attitude problems too, it hasnt stopped him any. Its just he's the face of the league so everyone has to bend over and kiss his ass.
I just want to see this guy making highlights on the ice and not in the media because there is so much damn talent at waste there.

Quote:
Is he good enough to play in the NHL?
Hell, no. I don't ever care if it's just his size, but facts are facts.

Do you send even your star players to the minors for conditioning after injuries?
Never mentioned anything about him going to the NHL, I'd rather see him thrive on the big ice in the K. Also, all bs a side, we know that he is not going to get the ice time he should get with all the stars being in Dyanmo... Look at Tolpeko, plays 2 great games with OV and Backstrom then gets kicked from the top line the game Komarov returns. There will obviously be tension between management who want to play the stars (even if it be for short term) and a player who thinks/proven to be able to get the playing time he wants/needs to score.

Last edited by malkinfan: 12-08-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old
12-08-2012, 02:25 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
It's so obvious.

Usually I'm all for cancellation of the EHT, but this year, with all Ovechkins of the world playing in the KHL, I reconsider.
Breaks are too long, either make them shorter or have less frequent breaks for a longer period of time. IMO I understand maybe one break for a tournament, but there have already been 2 and just reaching the .5 mark of the season. Too much, and I actually like the concept.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
we should all just have a big party, invite all the nations in IIHF and then figure out how to set up an exciting tournament pitting Mongolia vs. Sweden and New Zealand vs. Russia four times a year.
It's not surprising that Mongolia and other countries that have never won anything internationally aren't invited to top hockey events. It is surprising in the case of other countries with proven results on international stage over many decades. That's why that pseudo-Euro tour is so disgraceful.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Interesting perspective...At the end of the day, he has a Gagarin cup ring. Thats what its all about. BTW he was a league all star and was a human highlight real last season. .
Your right, there are obviously problems with his attitude, but radulov has attitude problems too, it hasnt stopped him any. Its just he's the face of the league so everyone has to bend over and kiss his ass.
I just want to see this guy making highlights on the ice and not in the media because there is so much damn talent at waste there.
Mukhachev has won 2 Gagarin Cups. So what?

He NEVER was a league all star, just the best player on one of the worst teams who got traded to a contender before the deadline. Cheechoo was a league all star for one season. So what again?

btw it was Znarok who allowed him to become the playoff hero last year. Now all of a sudden Znarok is part of some conspiracy to ruin Anisin's career according to Anisin. This guy is nuts. And btw if you do some research you will find some unpleasant rumors about how Mr.Anisin has become the playoff hero. But theese are only rumors, all right.

There is always a guy having the playoffs of his life. That doesn't necessarily mean he can repeat it or deserves a wildcard for the rest of his career: a neat roster spot, a pay raise and a chocolate on the pillow.

As for Radulov... He got his ass kicked in Kazan last time I saw him live. Nobody is bending over for him. That's a totally different case. Radulov has by far more talent than Anisin. Radulov is a head case, but a very talented one. He also never spilled the sh* bucket over his surroundings in public like Anisin did. His one twitter "accident" is still the running gag of the league. It was ONCE, and I do think Radulov understood he crossed a line there. Anisin just can't shut his mouth since tha last year's playoffs. He dosn't seem to learn.

If we stay just hockey related: Anisin has good hands, but he's 164cm, 68kg. That's just not enough to survive out there. Theo Fleury isn't much taller, but he had 20kg! more weight in his playing days.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:40 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Never mentioned anything about him going to the NHL, I'd rather see him thrive on the big ice in the K. Also, all bs a side, we know that he is not going to get the ice time he should get with all the stars being in Dyanmo... Look at Tolpeko, plays 2 great games with OV and Backstrom then gets kicked from the top line the game Komarov returns. There will obviously be tension between management who want to play the stars (even if it be for short term) and a player who thinks/proven to be able to get the playing time he wants/needs to score.
That was what I meant.

Quote:
When all of the fancy stars leave for the NHL whenever that is, who will do the scoring then?

Old
12-08-2012, 03:35 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
The problem is his attitude is acting like he got no opportunities. He did, he just couldn't perform.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Vicente

Quote:
What now? We shall be sorry for being one of the top hockey nations?
No. I never said Euro Hockey Tour is a bad thing for the participating countries. There is just lack of interest for the tournament outside of Cze/Fin/RUS/SWE.

So you have to understand that people are not so happy to see the league they love to have so many breaks for such a tourney when the tourney itself is only for four coutnries...

Old
12-08-2012, 10:40 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Sibir and Yugra trade players: Safronov and Glazachev go to Hanty, while Lekomtsev and Fedorov go to Novosib.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:03 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I am cheering Slovan tonight (against HC LEV), but I am happy that Chara scored A few (more) fans of Slovan are "uneducated", so they "deserved" the goal by Chara (you know Chara´s hit to Satan)

Closed Thread