HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - NYR

Old
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
a rolling apple is an upgrade over Bickel

i dont like Komisarek much but i make that trade-off(for Bickel,not the apple-the apple might be good on the pp!) any day of the week
Is it a big apple?

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:58 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I see a lot of your personal opinions here. But absolutely no facts.

And how did you calculate Sauers odds of coming back to a 5th round draft pick? why not a 4th? Or a 6th?
I didnt know I needed to explain fundamental things like, Sauer has faced injuries throughout his career, missed majorlarge portions of the season dating back to his peewee days, or that he can't walk to the mailbox without having symptoms from a hit over a year ago?

I figure at this point, he's about as useful as Hollweg. Who went for a 5th rounder.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
What, this is absolutely crazy!

Komisarek is no improvement over Stu Bickel and the fact that it's multiple years is gross. Truly one of the worst contacts in the league and you're willing to take on for nothing.
C'mon my dog is an improvement over Stu Bickel.

Need I remind you of Bickel playing 3 and half minutes in a 114 and half minute game in the playoffs?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post
I'd rather make a move for Staal:

Here is my rational. Obviously Staal is much better then Sauer if both are healthy. That said, Whenever the lockout ends the cap will be sure to go down. That leaves the Rangers in a really tough position as they will be one of the teams that will have to shed mass amounts of salary. They have Del Zotto, Sauer, McDonagh, Hagelin & Stepan all who will be a RFA after this lost season (Del Zotto already is). They are all deserving of a significant raise in salary. The following year Gaborik, Callaghan, Boyle, Pyatt, Rupp, Girardi, Stralman, Lundqvist & Biron are all pending UFAs, with Kreider as an RFA that same year.

Rangers are NOT going to be able to resign all their RFAs and pending UFAs so really they are ********d if the season is lost. Staal might be a casualty of them needing to shed salary. Trading RFAs won't get them a maximum return on their value.

To NYR - Kulemin, Gunnarsson & Percy
To TOR - Staal, Pyatt & another player with expiring contract to shed salary.

Kulemin replaces Pyatt on 3rd line and is an upgrade IMO. Gunnarsson & Percy can provide depth on their blue line in complementary roles as McDonagh/Girardi & Del Zotto/ Sauer would make up top 4 and eat most of the minutes.

Thoughts?
I actually think they'd look at trading off Del Zotto, Hagelin or even Gaborik next summer before even thinking about moving Staal.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I actually think they'd look at trading off Del Zotto, Hagelin or even Gaborik next summer before even thinking about moving Staal.
Hagelin makes peanuts, MDZ is our only pmd, and the whole point of getting Nash was to have that 1-2 punch with Gaborik. Believe me, the team has options for opening up cap space.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Hagelin makes peanuts, MDZ is our only pmd, and the whole point of getting Nash was to have that 1-2 punch with Gaborik. Believe me, the team has options for opening up cap space.
Such as what options?

Your team has to sign Del Zotto this year coming off his ELC. Next summer you've got Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh all coming off entry level contracts.

Something will have to give.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

So we give away a decent chunk for damaged goods whom was creamed by our own captain? Im sure that will bode well in the locker room. If we want a shut down d-man then go for Volchenkov or try to get Hal Gill back.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Such as what options?

Your team has to sign Del Zotto this year coming off his ELC. Next summer you've got Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh all coming off entry level contracts.

Something will have to give.
You have about 8.5M tied up in players like Rupp, Asham, Pyatt, Eminger, Biron, Eminger, Stralman, Bickel, etc. Add another 1.3M for Drury's cap hit.

Nothing has to give. Rangers are not in any danger of losing their keepers.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
You have about 8.5M tied up in players like Rupp, Asham, Pyatt, Eminger, Biron, Eminger, Stralman, Bickel, etc. Add another 1.3M for Drury's cap hit.

If the new CBA rolls the cap back to the ****in stone age then alot has to give.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:32 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Rags fans, will Sauer ever play again? I liked that guy, it's a shame he suffered such a serious concussion.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
C'mon my dog is an improvement over Stu Bickel.

Need I remind you of Bickel playing 3 and half minutes in a 114 and half minute game in the playoffs?
Even if Komi is an improvement, it isn't warranted the 4mil+ in added salary for a deadweight player.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:

All of those players you mentioned make well below the league minimum though. Who is going to do what they do for a cheaper cost?

Old
12-08-2012, 10:01 AM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Rags fans, will Sauer ever play again? I liked that guy, it's a shame he suffered such a serious concussion.
Unlikely, but uncertain.
He can't do anything that raises heart rate without experiencing symptoms, a year later. But that was months ago. No attempt at testing it since

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
All of those players you mentioned make well below the league minimum though. Who is going to do what they do for a cheaper cost?
1.7M for Stralman, 1.5M for Rupp, 1.5M for Pyatt. 4.7M

Bottom pairing dmen, 4th liner, and a 3rd liner. Rangers can replace those players internally and cut that salary in half. Drury's 1.3M buyout is off the books as well next season.

If you think the Cap's going to drop to a certain number, let me know what that is and I'll show you the team has more options than you think.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I didnt know I needed to explain fundamental things like, Sauer has faced injuries throughout his career, missed majorlarge portions of the season dating back to his peewee days, or that he can't walk to the mailbox without having symptoms from a hit over a year ago?

I figure at this point, he's about as useful as Hollweg. Who went for a 5th rounder.
So we're using a trade that happened 4.5 years ago and applying it to Sauer's value. That's genius right there. Quit your day job and maybe the Rangers will hire you.

Quote:
Unlikely, but uncertain.
He can't do anything that raises heart rate without experiencing symptoms, a year later. But that was months ago. No attempt at testing it since
It can take over a year for a player to recover from PCC. Some people didn't think Perron would play again. Salvador missed an entire season as well.

Last reports were optimistic. Sauer was feeling good about himself. He's not going to be rushed back. PCC will wear.

My concern isn't if Sauer plays again. Its when he plays again, and how he performs. Still, his value to this organization is greater than a 5th rounder. I'm not going to research percentages but I'm guessing the odds of him returning are far greater than the odds of a 5th rounder developing into a quality player.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Exactly. And the chance he can come back, be healthy and productive is equivalent to the chance of a 5th round draft pick panning out and being productive in the NHL.

Sauer is done. If there is a chance to move him, and viable assets involved coming back to the Rangers, I don't see Sather turning it down. I'm sure Sather could get more than a 5th, because he's Sather, but as far as value goes, he's equal to a 5th round pick.
None of this was my point.

12-08-2012, 06:20 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
If the new CBA rolls the cap back to the ****in stone age then alot has to give.
True, except I think even if the players agree to that, my guess is it would not be instantly, but phased in over a period of a couple of seasons.

We'd still have to tighten up, but not instantly.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Love all these doctors in here that know for sure that Sauer is done.

Is that you Mark Recchi?

Old
12-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Even if Komi is an improvement, it isn't warranted the 4mil+ in added salary for a deadweight player.
Well yeah.

At this point Komisarek is a good veteran bottom pairing defenseman.

Its just he has a $4.5 mil cap hit...

Spazmatic Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Last report out of the Sauer camp was he was feeling better. His career is far from over.

Yup, as of July we were told that he's shown progress. Then in August, we were told that he's shown "tremendous progress," which meant no headaches out of nowhere like he was getting the first half a year after the hit. He was still not ready to play hockey, but he no longer had debilitating headaches.

In early September, we were told that he probably won't be ready for the beginning of the season. However, 3.5 months passed since then. It's now been a full year since the injury. It's been 5 months since his out-of-nowhere headaches went away.

Sauer should be ready sooner rather than later.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Yeah, Gaborik is not a long-term asset. He'd be going into his last season of the contract and is making $7.5. If the Rangers have to send away a major salary, Gabby would be it. That said, I hope they keep him if at all possible. We should have a good team in 2013-14.

I would expect some variation of this lineup by the end of the season. The rookies might join in October or in April, but this is what we should have around the playoffs:

Nash - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Miller/Lindberg - Pyatt
Rupp - Boyle - Asham
(Haley)

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Sauer
Del Zotto - McIlrath
(Bickel)

Old
12-10-2012, 03:53 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by punxrocknyc19 View Post
sauer and boyle to leafs for komisarek and ashton
yes please

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
But that was months ago. No attempt at testing it since

No reason to try to test it when the league is shut down. Testing still means putting stress on Sauer. Why bother? He should rest as much as possible, whether he needs it anymore or not.

When the new CBA is signed, that will be a good time to start testing Sauer's health. Considering that 4 months ago it was reported that he's shown "tremendous progress", there's a good chance he's ready or near ready, but that's mostly a guess based on how concussions tend to heal.

Normally, once the out-of-nowhere headaches are gone, it takes about 2 months for a player to heal, give or take a couple of weeks. It's been double that time by now.