HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is the end, beautiful friend.

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 07:34 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Hey that's great
My iPhone5 is now encased in bamboo and it is pretty sweet.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Oh hell. that actually is awesome

Old
12-07-2012, 08:18 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post

Niiiiice

Old
12-07-2012, 08:24 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post

Make sure to keep it away from all the pandas that are out and about.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Since the phone is free, I splurged for a cool case.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/1...k-gets-canned/

Bwahahahahahaha

Old
12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
In a related note, Terry Pegula just hired him to work the Sabres Christmas party.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:40 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Re: WoW

I got into another MMORPG, Fallen Earth a little over a year ago and I haven't looked back. It's more of a modern, post-apocalyptic than a magic type RPG. I enjoy crafting things and exploring the massive map way more than the quests and actual combat.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
Re: WoW

I got into another MMORPG, Fallen Earth a little over a year ago and I haven't looked back. It's more of a modern, post-apocalyptic than a magic type RPG. I enjoy crafting things and exploring the massive map way more than the quests and actual combat.
Is it good? Pay or no? Etc...sounds interesting

Old
12-08-2012, 12:35 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Is it good? Pay or no? Etc...sounds interesting
It's great.

There are a bunch of different pay options. You can download it for free, which comes with some restrictions, a max amount of in game currency you can carry, limited vault space for items, etc.

I bought it for $5 at Best Buy, which removed most of those restrictions. I think there's a Steam subscription you can buy also which removes the restrictions and then gets you a few random perks like cool looking armor/vehicles or something. There's also an online marketplace where you can spend real money on items, to fast forward your character or become a "wallet warrior," which I don't do. It's really not necessary and I haven't seen a noticeable gap between wallet warrior and play for free players.

It's not like Diablo where enemies drop usable items like armor and weapons. Everything you get you get through crafting, so enemies drop crafting components. I had never played a game like this, so this is my favorite part. There might be as many as 10,000 things you can craft from armor to weapons to vehicles (I'm working on a dune buggy right now.)

There is a main game quest which is essentially to figure out why the world is a post apocalyptic waste, but each town has its own mini-story as to what happened to that town, comprised of maybe 10-50 quests, and there are tons of stand-alone side quests as well. Kill 10 of these things and get money and exp., etc.

Fallen Earth has one of the largest continuous MMORPG maps in existence and there are a ton of achievements associated with exploring the map, which I find to be really fun.

It's more modern so there's no magic, but there are mutations, which are similar. I play as a rifle character so the few I use are geared towards enhancing my armor or my rifle damage. There are telekinetic, psionic, sonic, and elemental damage mutations as well.

There are no classes of characters to choose at the beginning, how your character is structured depends on what you do in the game and what you put accumulated attribute points into. My character is strong in riflery and armor as well as scavenging and crafting.

There are six factions in the game which sort of take the part of character classes, but they don't come until later on when you've established what type of character you are. You generally identify as one faction, are allied with two, and enemies of the other three, which dictates which towns are friendly and hostile to you later on in the game. They are:

Enforcers (good for riflery and armor)
Lightbearers (good for medic-related skills and melee weapons)
Vista (good with nature and animal related skills)
Children of the Apocalypse (good with damage causing mutations)
Travelers (good with stealth, social skills, melee weapons, and scavenging)
Techs (good with vehicles, riflery, and other science skills)

The basic classes of things you can craft are:
Armor
Ballistics (rifles, pistols, crossbows)
Weaponry (Light and heavy melee weapons)
Cooking (food which regens health, stamina, gamma)
Mutations
Science (Grenades, Vehicles, Specially enhanced Armor)
Nature (Poisons, nature components, Pets, Mounts (horses))
Medical (healing devices and enhancements)
Construction (Camps and crafting component harvesters)

There are downsides to the game too:

For many 'wallet warrior' abilities and achievements are hallmarks of bad games. I find the achievements to be fun (There are probably 5,000+ of those)

PvP is filled with jerks (which is why I don't do it)

Traveling is kind of annoying, some of the towns are spaced pretty far apart. One of your firsts quests teaches you how to train (craft) a horse, and a later one gets you an ATV, but it only gets marginally better. On the plus side, there are always old buildings and side quests and random special enemies to be found between areas.

The Faction system basically eliminates some towns and quests for you unless you play the game through as a different faction. Not a big deal, but I could see it irritating some gamers who are used to a Diablo, go everywhere type of gameplay.

Some crafts are multi-tiered and take quite a while. My Dune buggy is made up of crafts of sub components, each of which take 3-10 hours. I don't mind the difficulty and planning it requires though.

There is so much to the game, it can be tough to keep track of. I have maybe 20 pages of spreadsheets organizing things for me and close to 50 waypoints I've created in the game to help me find stuff.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:37 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

That sounds cool, I might check it out.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I agree. it sounds really cool. might open up Steam and check it out

Old
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Like I said, I love it. One of the things I forgot to mention is the toggle-able chat window for in-game help whether it's learning how things work, reporting bugs, or doing quests. You can usually figure something out instantly by posting in the help chat. For someone like me that doesn't game all that much and was being introduced to all these new RPG elements, it was a huge help.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:58 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
I'm on Turalyon and Cenarion Circle. Horde and Alliance, respectively. If you don't get that scroll from your friend, I'd be happy to send you one.

Per the current thread title: Drink, drink, drink and you go pee.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

RUN! Monday incoming.

(sorta)

Old
12-09-2012, 05:52 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

What is the point of a 5 day work week?

Do we really need to work 5 days a week to provide for society? What would happen if people only worked 4 days a week? You would think on average people would be more happy, and spend money more since they'd have more free time.

I feel like working 71% of your life is actually way too much.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

I work 6 days a week.

yeah screw you 5 dayers.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post

Do we really need to work 5 days a week to provide for society? What would happen if people only worked 4 days a week? You would think on average people would be more happy, and spend money more since they'd have more free time.

Where do you get 71%? Even at my 48 hour work week, I only work 28.57% of my week.

And as much as I like the thought of 3 days off a week I for one don't think it'd work. Then again I wrote two schedules a week and know how hard it is to get everything covered sometimes.

On a completely unrelated note... Starting SoA on Netflix. Heard nothing but good things and hope it holds true.

Last edited by Mike McDermott: 12-09-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Where do you get 71%? Even at my 48 hour work week, I only work 28.57% of my week.

And as much as I like the thought of 3 days off a week I for one don't think it'd work. Then again I wrote two schedules a week and know how hard it is to get everything covered sometimes.
Simply five days out of seven.

You can't really just count the hours you work against the remaining hours in the week. I definitely wouldn't include the hours you physically have to spend sleeping, and there's also the time you spend commuting to and from your job each day.

But the math isn't the point, it's just that I think we as a society spend too much time working the prime of our life away.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Simply five days out of seven.

You can't really just count the hours you work against the remaining hours in the week. I definitely wouldn't include the hours you physically have to spend sleeping, and there's also the time you spend commuting to and from your job each day.

But the math isn't the point, it's just that I think we as a society spend too much time working the prime of our life away.
We work a heck of a lot less then people ~100 years ago. Both in terms of hours worked and how hard the work is. We've come a long way in that time and will hopefully (not so much for our sake) come just as far in the next 100.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
RUN! Monday incoming.

(sorta)
I can't wait for tomorrow...

Although, finally getting an overnight with the kids and getting to make them pancakes for breakfast today was AWESOME!

Old
12-09-2012, 06:51 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

But the reduced productivity would mean that they'd have less money to spend on the extra day. So the impact might be negligible.

Basically, one would expect the labor market to naturally adjust such that people find the optimal balance of free time and work on their own individual utility curves. Someone who value a 4 day work week will seek jobs that allow that flexibility. Someone who feel they need the extra income of a 5th day will seek those jobs...etc.

It should be noted that many (if not most) people at some basic level also derive utility FROM their job and the satisfaction that comes with being a productive member of society.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
But the reduced productivity would mean that they'd have less money to spend on the extra day. So the impact might be negligible.

Basically, one would expect the labor market to naturally adjust such that people find the optimal balance of free time and work on their own individual utility curves. Someone who value a 4 day work week will seek jobs that allow that flexibility. Someone who feel they need the extra income of a 5th day will seek those jobs...etc.

It should be noted that many (if not most) people at some basic level also derive utility FROM their job and the satisfaction that comes with being a productive member of society.
Well, not everybody works hourly jobs. Also, I value a 1 day work week and would love to work that, but I don't think I could find a place willing to pay me enough to make a living and only work one day. It's not so much what the work-force desires, but what employers are willing to do.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:41 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Well, not everybody works hourly jobs. Also, I value a 1 day work week and would love to work that, but I don't think I could find a place willing to pay me enough to make a living and only work one day. It's not so much what the work-force desires, but what employers are willing to do.
The market will equilibrate: if businesses cannot find workers who are willing to work the hours they ask, they will reduce their hour requirements (or increase if they find people willing and it would be more profitable).

Remember, there is supply and demand...I described the demand for jobs in that post, not the supply

Old
12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
I've been miserable for the past 48 hours. Had a fever at one point of 103.3 (that's broken); sore throat & enlarged lymph node (I think that's what it is) on just my right side; as well as swollen gums & canker sores all over my lips.

Does anyone have any idea what this is & how I can shake it ASAP? I can't eat or drink anything without severe pain, and I'm about to break down because of it.

Closed Thread