HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v.23: The Return of Kyle Lowry

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Swervin81
Leafy McDreamy

vCash: 500
Barg looked like Phillip Rivers on that inbound pass.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Donmega

Need wiggins next year not 1st overall this year. But nba hates Toronto so they will give us the pick in a weak draft. **** nba, need my hockey fix soon.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:05 PM
JMcLeaf
Culture change

vCash: 3790
And Utah doesn't even have their best player tonight

Old
12-07-2012, 10:09 PM
FuriousSenator

Loling so hard at the failure of the Raptors.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:15 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Raptors desperately need a playmaker. Too many guys just driving into the lane trying to do too much or settling for dumb jump shots. We need guys who can pass and spread the floor. These guys are too one-minded. Casey's probably out the door.. Sadly.

I blame Andrea.

12-07-2012, 10:19 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Raptors desperately need a playmaker. Too many guys just driving into the lane trying to do too much or settling for dumb jump shots. We need guys who can pass and spread the floor. These guys are too one-minded. Casey's probably out the door.. Sadly.

I blame Andrea.
I think Colangelos gotta go first, then Bargnani when new management comes in, and assess the situation from there.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:22 PM
JMcLeaf
Culture change

I want both Colangelo and Casey gone. Mostly Colangelo.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:25 PM
canucksfan

Colangelo has to go. I don't know much about the Raptors but they have had little success since he got hired.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
The whole story about the Raptors saying they're unwilling to move Bargnani right now..nah that isn't the story. IMO Rogers/Bell are preventing Colangelo from making any more moves until they assess their own next move. Colangelo has to be on extremely thin ice right now. Tonight was atrocious. I'm stunned at how far down this franchise has gone under Colangelo's leadership

Old
12-07-2012, 10:35 PM
TMLeafer
Bring him home.

Yikes

Old
12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

wow was this game as ugly as the score would suggest? I guess so much for that defence first coach stuff.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Eytinge

I hope the new bosses at MLSE can BC's ass. He's been a complete bust here.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
wow was this game as ugly as the score would suggest? I guess so much for that defence first coach stuff.
Yes it was. Raps came out of the gate flying, took a 10 point lead about mid way through the first quarter and after that the wheels just came flying off. It wasn't like Utah had some crazy game plan set up, the Raptors just don't know wtf their doing on D. I've never seen so many open look 3's in my life. It was one after another after another after another. It's only the 20 game mark and already this season is down the toilet. What a disaster. Heads better role soon because I'm not sure how much longer this team can go like this. They play LA and then Portland before coming home to play Brooklyn, Dallas and Houston. All of those are tough games.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:52 PM
showtime8

I don't mind losing with a young team that looks like they are developing together, but if you continue to see the same mistakes over and over again then there's something else that's the issue.

Terrence Ross has been getting more time, which I'm extremely pleased about and I hope that they continue to build his minutes throughout the season.

Ed Davis played just shy of 10 minutes tonight and that is not ideal. He is a good bench player, but why not reward the guy that puts in quality effort a majority of the time. (he does play in the NBA)

I think that Colangelo pulls the trigger on the Gasol trade. Doesn't make a difference in result and might give some added experience for a young group.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
JMcLeaf
Culture change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
It was like watching 5 LeBrons against 5 Aaron Grays

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
I don't mind losing with a young team that looks like they are developing together, but if you continue to see the same mistakes over and over again then there's something else that's the issue.

Terrence Ross has been getting more time, which I'm extremely pleased about and I hope that they continue to build his minutes throughout the season.

Ed Davis played just shy of 10 minutes tonight and that is not ideal. He is a good bench player, but why not reward the guy that puts in quality effort a majority of the time. (he does play in the NBA)

I think that Colangelo pulls the trigger on the Gasol trade. Doesn't make a difference in result and might give some added experience for a young group.
Davis hurt his finger tonight. x-ray results came back negative, but I think they wanted to be careful with him. Pretty sure he had it wrapped.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Eytinge

Quote:

ED was injured.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Stats01

Quote:

Davis was hurt most of the game. But IMO Ross should be getting a lot more minutes, he came in basically in garbage time. He isn't going to develop sitting on the bench. He could really add some shooting to the second unit which is a whole other story altogether, it's terrible.

I would do the Gasol trade, but I really don't want Colangelo touching this team until he's fired. He doesn't deserve to fire another coach and his fingerprints are all over this disaster of a team. He should be fired ASAP

Old
12-07-2012, 11:34 PM
socratic

When the raps faultered early on I gave them a pass. They had a tough schedule (still do to be honest), lost a lot of close games, and had a new/young team. But it does eventually reach a limit.

I imagine the brass will give them until Dallas, maybe Houston. If they lose three of the next 4, which includes two at home against brooklyn and dallas - they'll be hearing from home fans, and something will have to give. I imagine Colangelo is the first brick to fall. I would then suspect that the new GM looks to ship out Bargnani within a few days.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:57 PM
RayzorIsDull

Good show tonight by the Raps, there is no resemblance of defense with this squad. I don't think Casey is a great coach but he has a group that doesn't want to put in the effort to guard a man. Casey can come up with systems and schemes on D but he can't coach effort. Is DeAndre Jordan going to go for 20 and 20 on Sunday? Colangelo needs to go.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Kb21

on the birght side bargs had a good game, only thing i look forward to now is him building his value so we can dumb him and jose by the trade deadline.

also i really hope OKC gets the pick this year, i have no faith we go top 2 next season as something will probably end up happening similar to the 2012 draft, where we end up missing harrison barnes by, an amazing tank job from GS and, a coin toss.

even if we have a chance at shabazz he is no where near the guys in the 2014 draft. i'd say the top 3 in the up coming draft would go somewhere in the top 10, if they relisted to 2014, but i would only bet 1 of the 3 would go in the top 5, that being zellers.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:09 AM
MVP of West Hollywd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
The whole story about the Raptors saying they're unwilling to move Bargnani right now..nah that isn't the story. IMO Rogers/Bell are preventing Colangelo from making any more moves until they assess their own next move. Colangelo has to be on extremely thin ice right now. Tonight was atrocious. I'm stunned at how far down this franchise has gone under Colangelo's leadership
I hope your right. If Colangelo was going to make a panic move to save the season, doing it at 3-9 or something would've fit a lot more than 4-16/4-17. Hopefully the reason BC hasn't made a stupid trade or fired the coach to save his job, is MLSE putting the clamps on him

Old
12-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP of West Hollywd View Post
I hope your right. If Colangelo was going to make a panic move to save the season, doing it at 3-9 or something would've fit a lot more than 4-16/4-17. Hopefully the reason BC hasn't made a stupid trade or fired the coach to save his job, is MLSE putting the clamps on him
There is no way they're beating the Clippers and they'll have a hard time winning in Portland on back to back nights, so IMO they'll go 0-5 on this road trip. If they don't win one of Brooklyn or Dallas at home I'll be stunned if something isn't done, this thing is already going off the tracks. They need a win or two to settle things down cause right now they are a mess.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:18 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
on the birght side bargs had a good game, only thing i look forward to now is him building his value so we can dumb him and jose by the trade deadline.

also i really hope OKC gets the pick this year, i have no faith we go top 2 next season as something will probably end up happening similar to the 2012 draft, where we end up missing harrison barnes by, an amazing tank job from GS and, a coin toss.

even if we have a chance at shabazz he is no where near the guys in the 2014 draft. i'd say the top 3 in the up coming draft would go somewhere in the top 10, if they relisted to 2014, but i would only bet 1 of the 3 would go in the top 5, that being zellers.
No he really didn't. Andrea was terrible out there. He was just uninterested all game and turned it over on some stupid plays. Some pretty bad passes too. There was one in bound where he stood there completely dumb founded and just threw it to the other team. The whole team played absolutely horrible.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Stats01

Also I'd like to add, Bargnani's stats for the night may look decent if you didn't watch the game, but there were more than a few times where he was doggin it getting back on D. I'm really get sick of him to be honest. He was disinterested, he was half assing it running back on D after a bucket or a miss. We're never going to win with this guy. And some of his decisions with the ball are really confusing, his basketball IQ is extremely low.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
No he really didn't. Andrea was terrible out there. He was just uninterested all game and turned it over on some stupid plays. Some pretty bad passes too. There was one in bound where he stood there completely dumb founded and just threw it to the other team. The whole team played absolutely horrible.
I remember that play, it was an in bound underneath our basket and the Jazz player just took the pass and layed it in easily, I forget if Bargnani's back was to the play or he just had a brain cramp but it happens far too often with him. Or maybe I'm thinking of another play..either way there was a ton of brain farts tonight.

Closed Thread