HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly on the move? (Mod-Warning Post#200)

Old
12-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Well...at least no more Stastny threads for a bit. That will be a nice change. On to O'Reilly!!

I would expect a top pairing D that can play with EJ in return, otherwise, no interest. Honestly, I think a thread like this is a bit premature. Can we at least wait until the lockout is over before we start speculating??? At this point, there is no real use in speculating if O'Reilly wants to be an Avalanche or not, or if the Avs are willing to pay what he wants, or if there are issues between him and the Avs. No one really knows. And to all the Leaf fans saying Gardiner, no thanks. Not interested. Bozak for O'Reilly is another matter though. Could not refuse The Bozak.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:00 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
I'll play.

Bozak + Gardiner

for

O'Reilly + Barrie

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Whats the Av's D pipeline look like? Leafs have a good supply. Anyone but Rielly and Dion could be available, with an appropriatly sized +
One of the most underrated prospects pools, we have two former WHL defenders of the year, former 11th overall in Siemens that is progressing nicely and Gaunce whom has a couple years of seasoning in the AHL and has 2nd pairing upside.

We don't need prospects, we need established top pairing defenders only.

To anyone offering on O'Reilly, offer a player you would hate to trade or don't bother... he's not going anywhere.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'll play.

Bozak + Gardiner

for

O'Reilly + Barrie
And people wonder why we hate threads for our centremen

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Avs44

Quote:
I'll play.

Bozak + Gardiner

for

O'Reilly + Barrie
After Avs fans have just said no to Gardiner, and Gardiner+...you propose Gardiner+an impending UFA for O'Reilly+Barrie, who, in case you didn't know, is one of our top defensive prospects. Some people just don't get it...the answer is no thanks.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:08 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
He hasn't said he isn't coming back though. Goes both ways. Plus there's a verbal agreement he can leave once the lockout starts up and the Avs match the KHL offer which they will. Sherman won't trade O'Reilly for what's been offered here.
can you provide the link where he is saying there is a verbal agreement please. why would he sign a two year deal?

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
can you provide the link where he is saying there is a verbal agreement please. why would he sign a two year deal?
His agent:

"Itís a very good deal for Ryan. He has an opt-out clause and if the lockout continues or we canít reach an agreement (with the Avalanche) he can play with his brother."

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:13 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Two reasons for this, one would be to play in the KHL while avoiding the leagues lockout addition limit, the other could be he wants out of Colorado. If its the latter Sherman will have to sell him for well under market value.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
http://www.metallurg.ru/site/news/read/76878/

There you go. Hope you can read Russian. If you can't too bad for you. However it does say in there that

Quote:
Magnitogorsk " Metallurg "signed a contract with Canadian forward Ryan O `Reilly . The agreement is for the season 2013-2014. However, according to a verbal agreement, if Ryan will be offered a contract on more favorable terms in the National Hockey League (NHL), " Metallurg "will not prevent the conclusion of the contract.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:16 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Two reasons for this, one would be to play in the KHL while avoiding the leagues lockout addition limit, the other could be he wants out of Colorado. If its the latter Sherman will have to sell him for well under market value.
I think Neither of those are true. He wants to drive his price up, if he only signed for 1 year the avs could just wait until the end of the year and negotiate and back to square one. With a two year deal the Avs have to match a certain price I believe.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:18 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
And people wonder why we hate threads for our centremen
My apologies. I didn't realized you placed more value on your 3rd line centerman, that has had a career high of 55 points.

I'll be on my way.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg2Sakic View Post
Doubt he is on the move. Our needs? We really need another top Defenseman to play with EJ
Bouwme....?

Y'know what, never mind.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Avs44

Quote:
From the website of the team he signed with....

http://www.metallurg.ru/site/news/read/76878/

Quote:
Магнитогорский "Металлург" подписал контракт с канадским нападающим Райаном О`Райли. Соглашение рассчитано до конца сезона 2013-2014 годов. При этом, согласно устной договоренности, если Райану будет предложен контракт на более выгодных условиях в Национальной хоккейной лиге (NHL), "Металлург" не будет препятствовать заключению этого контракта.

Необходимо отметить, что Райан с энтузиазмом воспринял возможность сыграть в одной команде со своим старшим братом. К сожалению, Кэл О`Райли получил травму и сейчас находится в Нью-Йорке, где в ближайшие дни состоится операция и последующий курс реабилитации. Так что не исключена возможность того, что Райан и Кэл еще сыграют вместе в этом сезоне.
Using a transalator.... The part that we are talking about.

Quote:
At the same time, according to oral agreement, if Ryan will be offered a contract to a more favorable conditions in the National Hockey League (NHL), the "Plant" will not prevent the conclusion of this contract. It should be noted that Ryan enthusiastically the opportunity to play as one team with his senior brother.
Basically, as I see it, this is a brilliant move by ROR and his agent. What I want to know, is how much is he earning. Basically, ROR is forcing the Avs to give him a contract of his choice, better than the one he signed in the KHL. If they do, he should be released from his contract in the KHL. If they don't wish to match it, ROR has a nice two year contract in the KHL playing with his brother, while the Avs would most likely look for a team to trade him to that would give him a contract he wants.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:21 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
I think Neither of those are true. He wants to drive his price up, if he only signed for 1 year the avs could just wait until the end of the year and negotiate and back to square one. With a two year deal the Avs have to match a certain price I believe.
It could be, i just dont see it being true, maybe setting a market value but there is nothing that guarantees a minimal salary.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
My apologies. I didn't realized you placed more value on your 3rd line centerman, that has had a career high of 55 points.

I'll be on my way.
And lead the league in takeaways and is only 21 years old. However there is no point in arguing over semantics. We all know how this ends and there's really no point in you using sarcastic apologies.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Doubt they trade him anytime soon.

Though just for the kicks, Anyone but Kessel, Rielly, Dion and 2013 1st is off the hook. Would love to get our hands on O'Rielly.
So you want O'Reilly without giving anything of value up? Shocker.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:54 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
You do realize he's a RFA, right? They don't have to sell him at all, and Radar doesn't want out. He wants to get paid what he thinks is fair. So while he might get shipped out because management sees this as a slight, they won't accept anything 'well under' market value.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

I might do Jake Gardiner + Tyler Bozak for Ryan O'Reilly.

Bozak will end up in Colorado. Especially if Stastny stays for a few more years.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
I might do Jake Gardiner + Tyler Bozak for Ryan O'Reilly.

Bozak will end up in Colorado. Especially if Stastny stays for a few more years.
That's nice....again, as Avs fans have already said, we are not interested.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:06 AM
davebenj

They would be real foolish to trade him. I'd trade Duchene before O'Reilly believe it or not.

davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenj View Post
They would be real foolish to trade him I think. I'd trade Duchene before O'Reilly actually believe it or not.
I think he's just leveraging a better contract with the Avs. I doubt he's going anywhere.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Stephen

Ryan O'Reilly seems like an A+ supporting cast type player, but I think it would be an absolute mistake for any team to pay full "retail" for him with a front line player like Kessel, Phaneuf or top end prospect like Morgan Rielly. That's just a zero sum venture.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Sign his brother.

That's the cheap way to get him

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I don't see one of those on the Leafs. Don't like it? Think Gardiner is a fair offer? Great. We don't have to give him to you.
Realistically, no one in their right mind would ever give you Jake Gardiner for Ryan O'Reilly. The guy's a top end young defenseman with offensive instincts and skating abilities compared to Scott Niedermayer that are far more valuable than great two way non first line centermen at their best. It just so happens that Gardiner belongs to a joke of franchise with a maligned fanbase that makes thumbing your nose at Gardiner seem like even a remotely reasonable response.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Realistically, no one in their right mind would ever give you Jake Gardiner for Ryan O'Reilly. The guy's a top end young defenseman with offensive instincts and skating abilities compared to Scott Niedermayer that are far more valuable than great two way non first line centermen at their best. It just so happens that Gardiner belongs to a joke of franchise with a maligned fanbase that makes thumbing your nose at Gardiner seem like even a remotely reasonable response.
ok buddy. Gardiner is a future top defensman with offensive instincts and great skating abilities, who after 1 season, is worth far more than our 55 point 21 year old center who led the NHL in takeaways. That's you're opinion. I have mine. Btw, I love how you state you're opinion like its actually a fact. It means no more than mine, and mine is very very different than yours. Oh, then you use the Leafs franchise as an excuse for why other people disagree with you're opinions on Gardiner.