HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly on the move? (Mod-Warning Post#200)

Old
12-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
ok buddy. Gardiner is a future top defensman with offensive instincts and great skating abilities, who after 1 season, is worth far more than our 55 point 21 year old center who led the NHL in takeaways. That's you're opinion. I have mine. Btw, I love how you state you're opinion like its actually a fact. It means no more than mine, and mine is very very different than yours. Oh, then you use the Leafs franchise as an excuse for why other people disagree with you're opinions on Gardiner.
Your 21 year old center also scored 26 points two years in a row before then and doesn't have high end offensive potential to assume a number one center position. Assuming both our players top out at maximum potential, you're looking at a Scott Niedermayer vs maybe a Rod Brind'Amour comparison as a best case scenario for both our organizations. Safe to say that's a crappy deal for us. High and mighty Avs fan.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:57 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Your 21 year old center also scored 26 points two years in a row before then and doesn't have high end offensive potential to assume a number one center position. Assuming both our players top out at maximum potential, you're looking at a Scott Niedermayer vs maybe a Rod Brind'Amour comparison as a best case scenario for both our organizations. Safe to say that's a crappy deal for us. High and mighty Avs fan.
Scott Niedermayer? Really?? Come on, don't sell your guy short like that. It's Bobby Orr or bust with this kid.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Metalcommand

Hjalmarson + Teršvšinen for ROR and a 2nd from Hawks?

Metalcommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:06 AM
StringerBell

What kind of contract is O'Reilly thought to be seeking anyhow?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yes, he entered the NHL as an 18 year old 2nd round draft pick, and you're trying to use that against him??? s You just lost a lot of credibility. Where was Gardiner as an 18 year old....So, you're telling me Gardiner could turn into Scott Niedermayer? Yes, I can see where the problem is. I'm glad you think he will actually be that good. You'll probably be very disappointed. I see him as a #2 defensman with excellent skating ability who can move the puck. But if you wish to believe he can be Niedermayer, our discussion is at an end, since I don't think he will ever approach that. Mighty gutsy of you comparing Gardiner, after 1 year, to a player who won 4 stanley cups, a Norris, Conn Smyth, Olympic gold, World championship, Memorial cup, and WJ championship. In fact, he is the only player in history to do that. You just compared Gardiner to one of the greatest defensman of all time...and you expect me to believe you?? Yeah, I'm done talking to you. You think Gardiner can turn into that? You'll be lucky if he ever accomplishes half of what Niedermayer did. What a joke. And you're calling me the high and mighty one? Delusions of grandeur....

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Scott Niedermayer? Really?? Come on, don't sell your guy short like that. It's Bobby Orr or bust with this kid.

Yeah, while I think the Avs fans might be selling Gardiner short, calling Jake the second coming of Niedermayer is ridiculous.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post

Yeah, while I think the Avs fans might be selling Gardiner short, calling Jake the second coming of Niedermayer is ridiculous.
I'm still in disbelief about that...how anyone could possibly think that...well, whatever keeps him happy.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:17 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

No. Why? Why would Colorado trade him?

12-08-2012, 02:21 AM
canucksPK

Gardiner + Bozak is fair value imo.

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
I don't think Avs fans care about value. They just want to keep the best third line center in the NHL.(with upside)

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:25 AM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Ya thats pretty fair I guess. I truthfully don't know what Avs fans want though they turn everything down in every proposal. You'd think we were offering Komisarek by their reactions.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I agree, but with that said, I don't think it's worth doing from the Avs perspective; not unless O'Reilly forces the issue.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Your entitled to your opinion and we're entitled to say fair value =/= interest.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Ya thats pretty fair I guess. I truthfully don't know what Avs fans want though they turn everything down in every proposal. You'd think we were offering Komisarek by their reactions.
I think Avs fans have made it painfully clear what we want...we either want to keep O'Reilly, or get a top pairing D to play with EJ. Preferably option 1. The fact that Gardiner+Bozak is fair value is irrelevant to us.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

To all previous and future posters in this thread:

You need to add.

Now we know where we stand, I think this may be a productive thread.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Gardiner is really being underrated here IMO.

12-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
He's being underrated in some cases, to massively overrated. Niedermayer

Old
12-08-2012, 03:02 AM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
He's being underrated in some cases, to massively overrated. Niedermayer
Well the same guy also did compare ROR to Rod Brind'Amour, I think he was just comparing the playing styles of both players, nt that they will necessarily be as good.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:05 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Well the same guy also did compare ROR to Rod Brind'Amour, I think he was just comparing the playing styles of both players, nt that they will necessarily be as good.
Quote:
Assuming both our players top out at maximum potential, you're looking at a Scott Niedermayer vs maybe a Rod Brind'Amour comparison as a best case scenario for both our organizations. Safe to say that's a crappy deal for us
Do I ever think ROR will match some of Brind'Amour's seasons? No. But comparing Gardiner to Niedermayer, which he did, is laughable.

Old
12-08-2012, 03:08 AM
csanadi19

At first I was surprised O'reilly would do this, but after reading about the out clause, I really believe this was a smart move by his agent. The Avs three scoring line build seems crucial to this teams future, and Sherman likely wouldn't let any of the 3 go unless the D is significantly improved (a number 1 or 2 defenseman).

I agree that the value of Gardiner and Bozak for O'reilly is approximately even, but we can't take chances that Gardiner is gong to be able to play a top-role.
And to poster wondering about Colorado PMD situation, Tyson Barrie and Stefan Elliot are seen as our future PP QB's

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Kind of a bad comparsion lol.

I look at it more as Patrice Bergeron vs Brian Boyle? Can't really think of a comparison for gardiner. If either even get to that.

Either way I can't see us trading gardiner in a deal for ror when we wouldn't move him for Rick Nash. Avs fans can laugh at leafs fans for offering gardiner but I think it's a decent swap, although neither team would do it.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Man in the Mirror

pavelski for ror

Man in the Mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
And ROR is being underrated even more....

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Mouse21*

no one the Leafs have on their roster or in their pipeline is worth it.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 23100
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
What kind of contract is O'Reilly thought to be seeking anyhow?
No idea. Though unless he's getting something absurd in Russia I see us bettering it fairly easy (paying him the same as Duchene for the same period would make sense when the NHL comes back).

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote