HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Jay Bouwmeester or Dion Phaneuf?

View Poll Results: well
Hard hitting Bouwmeester 24 21.62%
The Dion 87 78.38%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-07-2012, 07:24 PM
RDRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
Where did you come up with this
Nice. Didn't come up with any of it. Here are some quotes.

Quote:
His $3.75 million cap hit is good value for a defenceman whose all-around game is among the best in hockey. He brings sand to the ice almost every night and does it with some offensive flair.

Heres the kicker: With a fraction of the hype, Bieksa had just as many points Wednesday as Bouwmeester, the so-called offensive superstar.

Im aware of that, Bieksa said. I have my thoughts on (Bouwmeester). Ill keep them to myself.
Can't find the original sun article (not going to try harder than 1 google search), but here is more information.

You can see Hank immediately trash talk Phaneuf in this video.

Cherry telling Henrik he dun goofed starting at 4:10 (he digresses a bit, keep watching).

Here's a thread (can't find article) mentioning the Canucks reactions to Phaneuf. You can see Luongo's reaction compared to Henrik's.

Interesting stuff. I didn't "come up" with any thing.

RDRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:30 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Puckgenius is a Flame hater as can been seen by clearly mocking Jbo in the poll he is such a joke.

Both have pros and cons but with out the trade Dion would have been the worse one he lost his game is starting to find it again. If I had to choose I would take Dion but he had to be traded to regain his focus.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
"The guy with more points is better, even though he's terrible defensively."

Phaneuf isn't Wayne Gretzky. His offense does not make up for his lack of defense.

Bouwmeester may not have the overall numbers, but it's important to note that Phaneuf finished with 21 ESP to Bouwmeester's 19. Bouwmeester played more than a minute less per-game on the PP, while playing almost a minute more on the PK.

Conclusion: We're talking about one guy who is used primarily for his offensive abilities, and another who is used primarily for his defensive abilities.

So given that conclusion, why would you exclude Phaneuf's defensive lapses from discussion unless you favored Phaneuf over Bouwmeester without having logically processed it.
I said he has pylon moments, not that he is in fact a pylon. He isn't as bad defensively as people make him out to be despite his occasional brain farts. You might as well have asked me to expand more on what I meant by "pylon moments" rather than make up a whole post and implying I said something I didn't lol.

And also, a big reason why I wouldn't want Jaybo is because as good as he might be in his end, overall I don't think he is worth his salary as much Phaneuf isn't. Fact of the matter is both Dmen are overpaid, I fine Phaneuf is just a little more worth it.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:24 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
His offensive skills are non-existent... yet he scored basically even with Phaneuf at ES while serving as a shut-down player in contrast to Phaneuf's role as an offensive catalyst.
Dion plays the shutdown role on the Leafs as well.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:35 AM
The Newfoundlander
HFboards reaction.

vCash: 652
<---------- This guy.

The Newfoundlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:41 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Weak and selfish or dumb and selfish...

I pick dumb and selfish because he's mean too. And mean is good for a dman.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:44 AM
The Newfoundlander
HFboards reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Weak and selfish or dumb and selfish...

I pick dumb and selfish because he's mean too. And mean is good for a dman.
I really don't get this perception that Phaneuf is "dumb" and "Selfish" I also don't think you have much right to talk about Dion being selfish when you got Mr.Holdout(Drew Doughty) over there

Old
12-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
I really don't get this perception that Phaneuf is "dumb" and "Selfish" I also don't think you have much right to talk about Dion being selfish when you got Mr.Holdout(Drew Doughty) over there
Actually I can say whatever I want. Drew Doughty has nothing to do with it. And there's a reason why these two players are being compaired in a poll...they are both talented and yet undesirable to many fans, coaches and GMs in the league. Maybe you don't see that because you use the same broken logic that produced a skewed non-tangent arguement to also evaluate the player in the poll?

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:57 AM
The Newfoundlander
HFboards reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Actually I can say whatever I want. Drew Doughty has nothing to do with it. And there's a reason why these two players are being compaired in a poll...they are both talented and yet undesirable to many fans, coaches and GMs in the league. Maybe you don't see that because you use the same broken logic that produced a skewed non-tangent arguement to also evaluate the player in the poll?
lol my god... I hit a sensitive spot i think.