Notices

Statement from Winnipeg Jets Governor Mark Chipman

Old
12-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
It may be true and Im not disagreeing with it, but I don't think it was helpful towards negotiations in any form. I don't see a point in putting a positive spin on it.
I actually took it as a bit of a shot across the bow. Not in a "let's divide the union", but in a "there is a fair deal to be made, i hope you think about your actions long and hard, before stalling or countering, again."

My impression when reading it was, Chipman is giving some of the PA members something to think about.

You know that with guys like Chipman and Burkle in the negotiations, there would be movement towards the middle for a 'fairer' deal for the PA. There isn't much time now to do a deal, that is this favorable to the players, imo.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
I get that it is the Governor's job to dislike the Union, but I find that language way too accusatory.

Oh well, Michigan has their best College Basketball team in 20 years, I shouldn't let this NHL/NHLPA garbage get me down...

I do miss the Jets though.
Quote:
I don't really think this part of the quote was necessary. I like the quote otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
I totally agree. Just a jab for no real reason.
Mark Chipman was being honest and forthright, which is exactly what I expect from him.

You can bet every word of that statement was crafted for a purpose and read and re-read over and over before he said them. That is the way TN does business.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the statement. The man bargained for 2 days and left in frustration. He is allowed to show his dismay imho, and he is telling the truth.

12-08-2012, 12:57 AM
tntkid

Chipman is a great owner & puts the fans first especially since he is a fan of the game himself.

We never had NHL hockey for 15 years thanks to Bettman so we can easily handle missing another season thanks to Donald Fehr.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcanadian View Post
Yeah, but I wish you wouldn't make your post about it so accusatory. You're trying to say that DanielBryanRoleModel is out of line? Huh? Huh?
I don't like your tone. What exactly are you accusing Huffer of!?!?!

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
That's 100% not what I am saying. I have NEVER said that if someone doesn't think the same as myself, or with the norm that that is being negative, or that they are wrong.

But, there is a major difference in not seeing things the same way and having rational, logical discussions on the merits of each position, and just posting negative comments and positions day after day.

Eg.

"Player X doesn't look like he's playing good to me. (insert rational argument here to back up statement)."

to

"Player X is garbage. Can't believe that TNSE drafted this guy, what a joke of an organization. Player X should be cut tomorrow."

I agree that discussion is the best part of the board. But the second opinion elicits no discussion, just a negative dump on the player / org/ coaching staff / whatever.

I was a huge (and still am I guess) fan of Stuart last year. Loved what he brought to the team. But after seeing some of Garret's analysis and seeing how effective he really was has changed my position somewhat.

Now if someone just decides to post "Stuart suxors, we should trade him for a bag of pucks," that doesn't seem to create a very constructive dialog.

All I am saying is that it seems like we see a lot more of the second type of statements from some and not the first. Basically being negative for negativity's sake.

That's how I see things anyway.
I agree with your post Huffer. I also believe in constructive conversation. I'm not one to just say X player is garbage type of stuff. I think most of us are just tired of not having NHL hockey around and are left with very little to talk about, so the things we do talk about get scrutinized a lot more.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:13 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
I agree with your post Huffer. I also believe in constructive conversation. I'm not one to just say X player is garbage type of stuff. I think most of us are just tired of not having NHL hockey around and are left with very little to talk about, so the things we do talk about get scrutinized a lot more.
You saying his post is garbage, huh?!

On a more serious note, this off season is boring as ****.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post

Yes this off season has become pretty boring for hockey.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:10 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:

Yes this off season has become pretty boring for hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post

True guys but it gets away more boring after The WJC, NFL fantasy (for me anyways), then NFL playoffs. To me that's when the lights go out. I usually turn more heavily to following Man U at that time. That is why I am ok with salvaging a 48 game schedule if it happens, if it doesn't so be it. Back to where we were for 15 years.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Jaffray15

Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Back to where we were for 15 years.
Except for the fact there was still professional hockey being played here for those years.

People keep forgetting that without the Manitoba Moose, there wouldn't be NHL hockey in Winnipeg again.

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
This is where having a WHL team would be of benefit in Winnipeg. At least in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton they can still enjoy some form of league hockey. Even in Lethbridge and Brandon, hockey games press on.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Chipman is right. With some of the things coming out from some of the players (dunno if anyone has seen the quotes Adrian Dater took from one bottom six guy), it definitely seems like there are cracks in the union.

One thing we can be sure of, Hainsey won't be back in a Jets uniform once his contract is up. Can't see Chipman wanting him back after his ridiculous greedy antics.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Chipman is right. With some of the things coming out from some of the players (dunno if anyone has seen the quotes Adrian Dater took from one bottom six guy), it definitely seems like there are cracks in the union.

One thing we can be sure of, Hainsey won't be back in a Jets uniform once his contract is up. Can't see Chipman wanting him back after his ridiculous greedy antics.
I think that's extremely unfair to say . Hainsey's on one side doing his job, Chipman's on the other. To think that Chipman will step in and prevent the resigning of Hainsey if it's in the best interest of the Jet's organization solely on the happenings of the last few months is ridiculous.

Mathil8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I can see Hainsey having a future in the union. TBH if ownership was scared with that guy, he's better off in a jets uniform rather than NHLPA HQ.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote