HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Players you'll forever like or dislike because of their lockout "activity"

Old
12-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Eisen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
It's easy for me. The owners want a healthy league with 30 teams that have a chance to turn a profit and put out a competitive on-ice product.

The players and Fehr want to turn this into major league baseball - which has 6 teams and 26 farm teams because it's economic model is broken.

Give the players all they want, just don't let this league turn into the Yankees/Red Sox and the Marlins/Royals.

That said, I still think we have a deal by the end of next week. LeBrun's article nailed it - we know what each side can and can't work with now. It's just a matter of nailing it down, once the posturing is done. It will be hard not to hold a grudge against such flagrant morons like Upshall when this is all done. I'm glad most of the Preds have kept quite.
I could swear I read that comment in 2004. And the players took it back then as well.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I've gained a ton of respect for Roman Hamrilik during this lockout. His one quote about Fehr was ballsy.
Not sure about the exact quote you are talking about, but in regards to his general statement, I dont think its ballsy at all considering he's at the tail of his career. What does he have to lose?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

I'm surprised there's been no mention of super-boob Mathieu Darche. Of course that's along with the standard Upshall, Darch, Bissonette, Cole etc.

Basically, if you as a player were dumb enough to say or insinuate something along the lines of how poor you are or how you're treated like cattle you're in the black book with me.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

When you mention the players post some specific quotes of theirs that made you respect or hate them.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:47 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

I already didn't like Rupp that much on the Rangers, his comments this lockout have made me like him even less.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 1500
Easily Prust.

I lost a few notches of respect for Lundqvist, though.

12-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
This list is good for me. Campoli if you count him as a player still. Derek Roy for his "poor me" an hr after posting his "my new Lamborghini is so loud it sets off alarms" crap.
He drives a Ferrari, not a Lambo. You think @Roy9ner would drive any other exotic Italian sports car that's not crafted by Ferrari?

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Easily Prust.

I lost a few notches of respect for Lundqvist, though.
Coming from an Isles fan, Lundqvist can do no wrong. That guy is a Renaissance man.

Surprised he's not on the Dos Equis commercials.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:24 AM
BlueDream

Nobody because I'm not sensitive like the rest of this board.

BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:26 AM
RapidFire

Why the hell should anyone care to dislike a player forever because of stupid tweets about the lockout?

Its as if you've never said anything stupid. Get real people

RapidFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Choralone

How dare players, with potentially millions of dollars of personal income at stake, be emotionally invested in the process? If they would just roll over for the owners I could be watching hockey right now!

HF Posters

Choralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Mowerman

I don't blame the players because they deserve to be fairly compensated for their work. I don't suddenly start to demonize and despise them because they'll be making pretty substantial amounts of money whether or not the deal is fair. I think that it is admirable to make a principled stand for pushing and increasing workers rights and moving towards a more fair and healthy agreement for both sides. I'm especially not one to disrespect somebody on the sole basis that they had an emotional reaction due to significant amounts of their salary that they'll make during their career being on the line. Most hockey players aren't exactly the best educated in society and I think having strong reactions to the lockout is fairly natural and understandable given their position.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Go to the Jets' board on here.
I'm there often. I don't see the hate.
Quote:
I don't really have a problem with him speaking out, but I can see how it might bother others.
If there is anything against Hainsey, it's from people who didn't like him in the first place.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:06 AM
BMOK33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Not sure about the exact quote you are talking about, but in regards to his general statement, I dont think its ballsy at all considering he's at the tail of his career. What does he have to lose?
What does any guy have to lose really? If the guy is a good player his teammates will long forget about what he said within a few weeks of play resuming. A 4th liner probably cannot get away with ripping the PA or Fehr....a 30 goal scorer probably could.

BMOK33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:22 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choralone View Post
How dare players, with potentially millions of dollars of personal income at stake, be emotionally invested in the process? If they would just roll over for the owners I could be watching hockey right now!

HF Posters
It isn't so much the "angry" posts, but the posts where the players pretend like they know about the business aspect of the league. Most of the players didn't even go to college. Bisonette had a few tweets talking about business and it was obvious that he had no idea what he was talking about.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:39 AM
TheStroker

Matt Stajan
Daniel Alfredsson
Shawn Horcoff
Brad Richards

TheStroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:49 AM
InjuredChoker

No one. I can't say I dislike forever what someone said during this frustrating period no matter what happens in teh future.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:58 AM
M Gaz
Drink to me

It's annoying seeing these guys complain, but have they "forever lost my respect"? Hell no. If they did, then I should stop watching hockey.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:11 AM
XX
SOS

Daniel "I hope it doesn't come to a vote, that would be bad" Alfredsson.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Ceremony
maybe it's time

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStroker View Post
Brad Richards
Why him?

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:26 AM
TMLeafer

I'd say Campoli, but he'll probably never get an NHL contract anyways.

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:33 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

I don't really hate any players because of their lockout activity although I'll think less of Hamrlik.

I do think that I hate a lot of NHL fans who seem to be fighting with each other to see how can most effectively prove the old adage that there is a sucker born every minute.

The players are far more likeable than the bitter, moronic, player hating fans who infest the internet with their idiotic ramblings.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:36 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

you really get to see how uneducated some of these players are after their lock-out twitter tirades

treated like cattle my ass

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Crindy

Anyone who spews rubbish such as "we just want to play!" or earlier in the process "let's play without a CBA!" It tells me that either they're stupid, or they think the fans are stupid. Or the ones who are so out of touch with what's actually going on yet they still feel the need to loudly broadcast their opinions. If you haven't read any news source other than Fehr's memos, I don't really care what you have to say about the process. I won't even bother listing names because they're all over this thread already. In my eyes the PA would really benefit from a gag order, but sadly so many fans eat up the players' garbage that it works to their benefit.

This is not to say that I'm against the players, I can respect the fact that they're trying to get what they're worth. But if you're going to do that, don't expect my pity, and don't insult me with your rhetoric. You can't have it both ways.

Crindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:00 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
you really get to see how uneducated some of these players are after their lock-out twitter tirades

treated like cattle my ass
I find it ironic how someone will call others uneducated in a sentence that ignores skills which are taught in the first grade.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote