2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 10:30 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
If you take out one (1) player from their championship rosters, they'd still have won the Cups. That's what I'm saying. My point stands, though, that MOST teams should have a legit tough guy in case stuff happens. It's better to have one than to not.

When you score 6-8 goals a game, most teams won't do much to you.
I disagree. You remove an Yzerman, a Lemieux, a Roy of their respective Stanley Cup teams and it's very unlikely those teams make it through. In fact, when those teams were without those players due to injury or otherwise, they didn't win. I can't imagine the Spitfires coming back against the Rangers without Hall or Henrique in 2010. I also think the final would have been far different without Hall scoring that OT winner in game 1. Those players were special...not having them would be the difference between winning and losing on many nights.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:13 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
London also had Tinordi that could be considered a heavyweight, and for this reason Flemmington didnt play much down the stretch and wasnt really needed. No Tinordi and no Flemmington, and London may have been a different team??
I think it is funny that you believe that Flemmington had anything to do with London going to the Memorial Cup. All Flemmington had going for him was size. He isn't even a top player in jr B hockey this year.

I agree that you need to have a tough guy on the team, but that tough guy needs to also have skills in other areas of the game then size. And size isn't even a skill.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:55 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I disagree. You remove an Yzerman, a Lemieux, a Roy of their respective Stanley Cup teams and it's very unlikely those teams make it through. In fact, when those teams were without those players due to injury or otherwise, they didn't win. I can't imagine the Spitfires coming back against the Rangers without Hall or Henrique in 2010. I also think the final would have been far different without Hall scoring that OT winner in game 1. Those players were special...not having them would be the difference between winning and losing on many nights.
I disagree. You need a tough guy on your team to protect your rookies and best players.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
aresknights

Quote:
I agree that you need to have a tough guy on the team, but that tough guy needs to also have skills in other areas of the game then size. And size isn't even a skill.
Ding ding ding!!!

Did this convo start with discussing upgrading Zweep? lol. EAsy choice for me after seeing what the Knights were able to do last year. The didnt have a heavyweight (who would fight-Tinordi was shut down in Oct from fighting and everyone knew it)
The brought a different toughness, a more effective in todays game toughness) Being tough on the boards, blocking shots, winning battles, being focused on systems ect...

Again Ill say Id love a tough guy that CAN PLAY (Prust, Clarkson, Kassian types) but not a player whod be hard pressed to make a difference on a jrB club. (Zweep et al) Those days are soon to be done with, and teams that continue to use these type one dimensional, oft targeted by refs players only leave their rosters short handed.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Tonester01

Did Flemington play any playoff games? According to the OHL website he played 0 games so how did he help the Knights win the OHL title unless he was a threat sitting in the crowd.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:47 AM
aresknights

He didnt help them win it, unless keeping the exercise bike warmed up, for the guys after the game counts.

He was a non factor on ice as early as Nov/Dec

Old
11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
If the Spitfires had lost ONE of Hall, Henrique, Nemisz, Timmins, etc, they'd likely have been alright. Losing more would have cost them.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
I disagree. You need a tough guy on your team to protect your rookies and best players.
I may be missing the point, but what does your comment have to do with mine? I did not comment about the value of a tough guy but you disagree. I'm confused.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
If the Spitfires had lost ONE of Hall, Henrique, Nemisz, Timmins, etc, they'd likely have been alright. Losing more would have cost them.
In the case of both Hall and Henrique (and maybe the other two) they had multiple point nights, sometimes on great individual efforts, in one goal games. You're assuming somebody else would have stepped up and provided the same spark...I think that's a stretch.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:12 PM
aresknights

Quote:
We can believe whatever we choose but reality is well never know.

Fact is they had them all on board, and had a great run.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:12 AM
BenchedGuy

Well, according to Loosepucks and the Peterborough Examiner, Schoenmaker will not report to the Petes after the trade. He is looking at Wilfred Laurier or possibly other OHL destinations if the right situation comes up.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:23 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Well, according to Loosepucks and the Peterborough Examiner, Schoenmaker will not report to the Petes after the trade. He is looking at Wilfred Laurier or possibly other OHL destinations if the right situation comes up.
Wouldn't surprise me if Kitchener is his choice for other OHL destinations because that's his home town. I think ranger fans would rather have him than Czinder.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:16 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Kitchener is his choice for other OHL destinations because that's his home town. I think ranger fans would rather have him than Czinder.
I think Ranger fans would rather have anyone or no one than Czinder, but maybe that's just me.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I think Ranger fans would rather have anyone or no one than Czinder, but maybe that's just me.
If the Rangers had any sort of depth, Czinder wouldn't be with the Rangers.
and no....it's just not you. I can't believe (actually I can) that GM Spott has no other capable young kids that would contribute more than Czinder. But trading a lot of those high draft picks for meh type of players takes a toll eventually. We went through that last year and going through it again this year.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:41 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
If the Rangers had any sort of depth, Czinder wouldn't be with the Rangers.
and no....it's just not you. I can't believe (actually I can) that GM Spott has no other capable young kids that would contribute more than Czinder. But trading a lot of those high draft picks for meh type of players takes a toll eventually. We went through that last year and going through it again this year.
I love what we've seen from Ty Learn so far. I'd much rather see him get ice time with the big boys than watch Czinder float around for 99% of his shifts.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Ottawa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I love what we've seen from Ty Learn so far. I'd much rather see him get ice time with the big boys than watch Czinder float around for 99% of his shifts.
Good Morning, rookie poster-long time follower. I think Ranger fans will begin to see that Learn was a steal in the 7th round.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa99 View Post
Good Morning, rookie poster-long time follower. I think Ranger fans will begin to see that Learn was a steal in the 7th round.
That's nice to hear -- in very limited ice time, he hasn't looked out of place and is starting to get more comfortable out there. I'm looking forward to seeing him progress.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Jack Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Thats last weeks news

Old
12-07-2012, 07:21 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
Thats last weeks news
Trade and thoughts of not reporting were last weeks news. Yesterday (or late Wed) it was reported official he will not report. Petes still had hopes of convincing him to play for them up until then.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:58 AM
hockeye

Has anyone heard any rumors connecting Erie?? I would really like to see this team add another defense piece or anything that can help them short term but also long term

Old
12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Spitsfan67*

I feel so bad for Ottawa fans and there players, I mean there goalies are Pathetic, Idn if there blind but I do no that they can't stop a beach ball let alone a puck...You have to no the dominos will fall and Ceci, Monahan, Grovac are on there ways out of town it's not really a matter of if anymore its just when is it going to Happen.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:12 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I feel so bad for Ottawa fans and there players, I mean there goalies are Pathetic, Idn if there blind but I do no that they can't stop a beach ball let alone a puck...You have to no the dominos will fall and Ceci, Monahan, Grovac are on there ways out of town it's not really a matter of if anymore its just when is it going to Happen.
It's a combination of everything not just goaltending. They have 10 rookies playing, if they expect to do anything in the future it's in their best interest to trade their superstars for assets, which at this point in time looks very likely.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:28 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Graovac for sure. Ceci maybe (face of the franchise), Monahan, perhaps.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:59 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawah View Post
Graovac for sure. Ceci maybe (face of the franchise), Monahan, perhaps.
These guys want to play in the playoffs, I doubt they settle. I can see them all being traded by the deadline next month or earlier. I'm not so sure about Ceci, seeing as he lives at home.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:39 PM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
These guys want to play in the playoffs, I doubt they settle. I can see them all being traded by the deadline next month or earlier. I'm not so sure about Ceci, seeing as he lives at home.
Ceci also is property of the Sens, and they may express a desire to keep him close, and prefer he does AHL playoffs as opposed to a mem cup run (67's/Sens are on very good terms) . Ceci also is on the list to play in the NHL if the season starts, which while unlikely, was bolstered with the Cowen injury, and that may scare suitors enough that they may not be willing to pay top dollar.

Monahan I'm not sure will be traded. No guarantees he is in the NHL next year, his skating will look weak at the next level for the first few years. And don't the 67's get money for drafted players (forget the exact rule).

Closed Thread