HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Where can I live stream?

Old
12-08-2012, 09:39 AM
AK1990

vCash: 500
Where can I live stream?

I'm going to be in Florida during the tournament...they defs don't cover the games is there a place where can i live stream the games?

Thanks,

GO CANADA!

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Cfriss216

If whoever your staying with has the NHL network then you will be able to see all of team USA and Canada's games, also both quarter and semis, bronze and gold. I would try firstrowsports.eu and click ice hockey. Or if I were you I would go on tsn.ca two hours or so after the game and click on view more in our video player. From there you can access hockey Canada events on demand. Theyll have the games period by period in hd. I'll be in the same predicament in new York and that's how I'll be watching. Hope this helps.

Cfriss216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:31 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
If whoever your staying with has the NHL network then you will be able to see all of team USA and Canada's games, also both quarter and semis, bronze and gold. I would try firstrowsports.eu and click ice hockey. Or if I were you I would go on tsn.ca two hours or so after the game and click on view more in our video player. From there you can access hockey Canada events on demand. Theyll have the games period by period in hd. I'll be in the same predicament in new York and that's how I'll be watching. Hope this helps.
You can't view TSN outside of canada as far as I know. Was in Florida for the last WJ's, couldn't stream it.

Believe I watched it on fasthockey

topched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
You can't view TSN outside of canada as far as I know. Was in Florida for the last WJ's, couldn't stream it.

I think the on-demand games that were uploaded afterwards worked, though.

On another note, is it really correct to refer to watching a stream as "streaming"? I always associate "streaming" with actually broadcasting a live stream.

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:58 AM
AK1990

Amazing thanks for all the advice! I'll definitely try them!

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post

You're right you can't stream live outside of Canada, but you can watch the games afterword in the Hockey Canada on demand section. I live in the states and I watched the Canada-Russia challenge that way this past summer.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:24 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post
I'm going to be in Florida during the tournament...they defs don't cover the games is there a place where can i live stream the games?

Thanks,

GO CANADA!
Buy a sling box if they still exist. Or find someone who can explain proxy server correctly.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:31 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
So Aaron Baddeley

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
That site is excellent.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
That site is excellent.
Yea it is. They have a little bit of everything on there

Old
12-10-2012, 01:42 AM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
another site you can find just about any sports events on is atdhe.eu

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Dynamo81

livetv.ru Choose English. On game day they will have in browser streams or if you download sopcast (Free and I highly recommend it), you can open the sopcast links which will be have HD quality streams.

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
TSN is gonna archive all the games on their site right? I remember I was able to watch pretty much every game played but I can't remember what service I used. Does TSN archive all of them or just the big teams...or just Canada?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Ryker

Last year they archived all of the games they showed.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
^ Thanks. As long as I can watch some Finland and Sweden games I'll be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nn View Post
or atdhenet.tv for North American sports/tv

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
SH15

If you are watching an archived game on TSN.ca just a word of warning...they used to list them with thumbnails by period, which can spoil an OT game. No idea if that's still the case. I was on my honeymoon in Cuba in 08/09 and watched all games when I returned the day before the gold medal game. This led to me having the Eberle tying goal ruined for me because I saw in the TSN Video Player cue that there was a Canada/Russia overtime.

SH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nn View Post
Also wiziwig.eu. HDTVPlayer might also have some channel showing games and they will be better quality than flash streams.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH15 View Post
If you are watching an archived game on TSN.ca just a word of warning...they used to list them with thumbnails by period, which can spoil an OT game. No idea if that's still the case. I was on my honeymoon in Cuba in 08/09 and watched all games when I returned the day before the gold medal game. This led to me having the Eberle tying goal ruined for me because I saw in the TSN Video Player cue that there was a Canada/Russia overtime.
Yeah, that thing sucked for me, as well. I always tried watching a particular section of the screen where I knew first period would be located, and then just watch the games without looking at how much time there was left on the broadcast. It never worked

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Snippit

Where can I watch the selection camp?

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Where can I watch the selection camp?
Fasthockey.com

Old
12-11-2012, 11:51 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Also wiziwig.eu. HDTVPlayer might also have some channel showing games and they will be better quality than flash streams.
Wiziwig is freaking sweet. They also have a forum that is worth checking out. I've found many NCAA, Juniors, Etc games there that I wouldn't have found elsehere. Sometimes you have to use p2p programs like streamtorrent, but with those the quality of the streams are usually excellent with little to no lag. They also archive some things as well.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:02 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
On another note, is it really correct to refer to watching a stream as "streaming"? I always associate "streaming" with actually broadcasting a live stream.
I think its not correct.. I also thought that the topic starter wants to know in which site he could easily stream games for others. But speaking bad english is pop these days. No one understand's whats "to give" these days, you must typo it on purpose and say "to giev" ect..

The feeling when you learn and study english for years, then you start to use the english side of the internet, and you actually get to chat with native english speakers.. and find out that you should've just learnt it wrong from the start!

Last edited by QnebO: 12-12-2012 at 01:07 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
I think its not correct.. I also thought that the topic starter wants to know in which site he could easily stream games for others. But speaking bad english is pop these days. No one understand's whats "to give" these days, you must typo it on purpose and say "to giev" ect..

The feeling when you learn and study english for years, then you start to use the english side of the internet, and you actually get to chat with native english speakers.. and find out that you should've just learnt it wrong from the start!
Yes, those who watch the streams are just viewers where as those who provide the stream are streamers.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote