HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Photo shop question

Old
12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

vCash: 500
Photo shop question

I have a great picture of the kids with Santa from my work party, only problem is, it is in front of a completely white wall.

Does anyone know of any free online photo shop software that would allow me to insert a Christmas background. I don't really have much photo shop experience, but I'm sure I'll learn if it saves a trip to the mall Santa. LOL

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Generally this is done with a chroma green back ground where the green is "deleted" and replaced by another colour or background. This is how professional studios both video and still photography do it.

Since yours is white and white is very common you cant simply delete it.

What you will probably have to do is use the "magic" selection tool to select the outline of what you want to keep and delete the rest.

This takes a lot of practice to get it to even look somewhat authentic.

In short its not easy and will take up a ton of time.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Download photoshop, and watch a couple videos on youtube on how to use the pen tool. Use pen tool to select your kids then copy/paste over your christmas background you want.

Swagelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Looks like I'm just going to have to practice photoshop and get a little experience.

But a special thanks to Richer's Ghost for the awesome work he did for me........ and for creating my avatar (as I now know) LOL.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:13 AM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Looks like I'm just going to have to practice photoshop and get a little experience.

But a special thanks to Richer's Ghost for the awesome work he did for me........ and for creating my avatar (as I now know) LOL.
Can you post the image here? Or PM it to me. I can remove the background for you and send you a transparent version so you can do your christmas background. Depending on the lighting and how plain the white space is it probably wont take long.

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Can you post the image here? Or PM it to me. I can remove the background for you and send you a transparent version so you can do your christmas background. Depending on the lighting and how plain the white space is it probably wont take long.
Thanks for the offer, but I was thanking Richer's Ghost in that post because I emailed him the pic and he did a fantastic job for me.

.... and as for posting the image here? We'll I've seen what happens when people post a personal image on a forum. Not everyone is helpful LOL.