HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miikka Kiprusoff

Old
12-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
After you guys are done dealing Kiprusoff, don't forget to call LA about Bernier.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
The major pieces for each team would have to be:

Chi:
McNeil

Tor:
Kadri

Oilers:
Tuebert (would love to have this guy, Imagine a Tuebert/Seiloff pairing in the future)
I'm glad your not the GM

agree with the CHI/TOR to some extent, but Teubert is a joke. Doubt he becomes anything more than a emergency call up.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
After you guys are done dealing Kiprusoff, don't forget to call LA about Bernier.
Think the Flames would be better off looking at other options.

I have my concerns about Bernier... Definitely a small goalie for todays NHL. 5'11 is pretty uncommon /rare for an NHL starter.

Thought his GGA might be a little better in the German 2nd league? 2.57 might be a little concerning in such an inferior league.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:23 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Not a big Paajarvi fan. Id rather get a young D-man back from the Oil.

How about something like:

David Musil + Hartikainen + 3rd?

for:

Kipper + 4th
No thanks

If we're trading him to a rival there's a price tag involved.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Think the Flames would be better off looking at other options.

I have my concerns about Bernier... Definitely a small goalie for todays NHL. 5'11 is pretty uncommon /rare for an NHL starter.

Thought his GGA might be a little better in the German 2nd league? 2.57 might be a little concerning in such an inferior league.
I heard they don't play D in the German league...it's the Q of Europe... .

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I would probably want Demelo +pick
Id be willing to accept this. a 2nd as the pick?

No to the guy who said hertl straight up.

That allows us to swap Niemi for a top 6 fwd and go from there.

Kipper fits into the development path of Stalock and Sateri as well, as he's likely done when theyre ready.

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:00 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
Id be willing to accept this. a 2nd as the pick?

No to the guy who said hertl straight up.

That allows us to swap Niemi for a top 6 fwd and go from there.

Kipper fits into the development path of Stalock and Sateri as well, as he's likely done when theyre ready.
The Sharks a most likely going to have a late pick so I would want a first and we add a 3rd?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:33 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Don't see Kipper being traded. It has been rumored and I believe he has said at one point that he would like to return to Finland at the end of his contract.. Don't see him going anywhere but home honestly.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:12 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I agree...thats why i said if the demands are close...i go with Luongo.
No way.

Kipper's a much better option for us than Lu. He may be older, but he doesn't come with the megadeal. After a year, he gives the Leafs the flexibility to go back to Reimer, or re-up him for a few years.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
No way.

Kipper's a much better option for us than Lu. He may be older, but he doesn't come with the megadeal. After a year, he gives the Leafs the flexibility to go back to Reimer, or re-up him for a few years.
So...lets see if i have it straight...if the cost was the same...you"d take 1 year of Kipper over 5years of Luongo? Both goalies are legit starters but you prefer a 1 year shot and then we are right back in the tank....you make zero sense.

I will say that Kipper is a better option right now, but not at the same price as Luongo just because it would be stopgap.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
kresco

I wouldn't mind a deal with Tampa
Calgary has 3,531,667 cap space
Kipper (5.8)
G nemisz (1.04)
Total salary 6.84 (nemisz salary will disappear with his 2 way contract)
For
Tampa has 6,953,084 cap space
B Connelly (1.63)
a lindback (1.8)
Total 2.43 mill

Tampa gains 3.34 cap hit but get an elite goaltender who is in the same age group as st louis and leclavier. He is also a bargain as they don't have to pay 5.8 m as kipper only gets 1.5. They also get a mid line prospect in Nemisz to fill in for Connelly

Calgary gets a lesser goaltender but one who could fight Irving for the #1 position. They also get a RW prospect in Connelly which is one of the weakest parts of this team after iggy there is not a lot going in there. And finally they clear 3.34 mill from their cap

kresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:31 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
I wouldn't mind a deal with Tampa
Calgary has 3,531,667 cap space
Kipper (5.8)
G nemisz (1.04)
Total salary 6.84 (nemisz salary will disappear with his 2 way contract)
For
Tampa has 6,953,084 cap space
B Connelly (1.63)
a lindback (1.8)
Total 2.43 mill

Tampa gains 3.34 cap hit but get an elite goaltender who is in the same age group as st louis and leclavier. He is also a bargain as they don't have to pay 5.8 m as kipper only gets 1.5. They also get a mid line prospect in Nemisz to fill in for Connelly

Calgary gets a lesser goaltender but one who could fight Irving for the #1 position. They also get a RW prospect in Connelly which is one of the weakest parts of this team after iggy there is not a lot going in there. And finally they clear 3.34 mill from their cap
Doesn't fill our major needs tho we don't get a player that can play center or a defenseman that could become a top 4 player over time. Lindback is a solid goalie but between Irving/Ramo/Ufa we could get a goalie that is decently comparable and where does Connelly fit we already have to many wingers.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:46 PM
kresco

Quote:
Doesn't fill our major needs tho we don't get a player that can play center or a defenseman that could become a top 4 player over time. Lindback is a solid goalie but between Irving/Ramo/Ufa we could get a goalie that is decently comparable and where does Connelly fit we already have to many wingers.
Kipper as much as I love him will never produce a top center any more. Same goes for a top 2 def. and yes we have a lot of wingers but it's a bit like the island of misfit toys. We have players coming and going like crazy. I wouldn't mind adding a young potential top 6 who could develop along side Baertschi
as far as Defence goes between giordano, bowmeester, wideman, Brodie, butler I think we are better there than our RW

Old
12-07-2012, 05:16 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Kipper as much as I love him will never produce a top center any more. Same goes for a top 2 def. and yes we have a lot of wingers but it's a bit like the island of misfit toys. We have players coming and going like crazy. I wouldn't mind adding a young potential top 6 who could develop along side Baertschi
as far as Defence goes between giordano, bowmeester, wideman, Brodie, butler I think we are better there than our RW
I never said top line or top 2 but adding to places we are already overloaded on isn't the right answer, we should be trying for Kadri's or Pirri/Mcneal not first line centers but players that could be top2 and are what we are lacking, or a player like Barberio or Koekkoek, not all could be 1-1 but should be the type of players we target.

On RW we have Iginla, Hudler, Stempniak,Comeau,Jackman,Horak(plays it in the AHL)

Old
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM
kresco

Quote:
I never said top line or top 2 but adding to places we are already overloaded on isn't the right answer, we should be trying for Kadri's or Pirri/Mcneal not first line centers but players that could be top2 and are what we are lacking, or a player like Barberio or Koekkoek, not all could be 1-1 but should be the type of players we target.

On RW we have Iginla, Hudler, Stempniak,Comeau,Jackman,Horak(plays it in the AHL)
And on center we have cammalleri, cervenka, backlund, stajan, Byron, also huddler is LW /C he's never played RW. Adding kadri is just adding yet another 2-3 line forward. From the RW u listed Iggy only has a few years left Stempniak is 30 jackman is 31. I agree flames most pressing need is a number 1 center but in no way do we need any more 2-3 line centers. Where would kadri fit in if he can't even crack toronto's line up is not a number 1 center. When iggy leaves I believe it will SHOCK flames fans how weak we are on RW

Old
12-07-2012, 05:49 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
And on center we have cammalleri, cervenka, backlund, stajan, Byron, also huddler is LW /C he's never played RW. Adding kadri is just adding yet another 2-3 line forward. From the RW u listed Iggy only has a few years left Stempniak is 30 jackman is 31. I agree flames most pressing need is a number 1 center but in no way do we need any more 2-3 line centers. Where would kadri fit in if he can't even crack toronto's line up is not a number 1 center. When iggy leaves I believe it will SHOCK flames fans how weak we are on RW
Hudler has never played center in the nhl he has taken like 6 faceoffs, Cammy is more of winger (can play both as can Hudler) Byron is not a nhl center he will have to be moved to wing to make it Stajan won't be here after his contract so in 2-3 years we have Cervenka(if he works out), Backlund, Cammy(if he works out), Reinhart so we could have 2 centers if Cammy and Cervenka don't work at center. We need centermen there is no debating it.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:05 PM
kresco

Quote:
Hudler has never played center in the nhl he has taken like 6 faceoffs, Cammy is more of winger (can play both as can Hudler) Byron is not a nhl center he will have to be moved to wing to make it Stajan won't be here after his contract so in 2-3 years we have Cervenka(if he works out), Backlund, Cammy(if he works out), Reinhart so we could have 2 centers if Cammy and Cervenka don't work at center. We need centermen there is no debating it.
Cammy is a better filler for #1 center than any of the RW (except iggy) so In 2-3 years when iggy retires and jackman and Stempniak are 34 u would want who as #1 RW? Comeau? Horak? Im not disagreeing the flames need a #1 center but I'm saying that kipper won't get us one so use him to get something we do need. Kadri is not a #1 center and I'd rather pick from backlund / cammi as my #1 center rather than Comeau / horak as #1 RW

Old
12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Cammy is a better filler for #1 center than any of the RW (except iggy) so In 2-3 years when iggy retires and jackman and Stempniak are 34 u would want who as #1 RW? Comeau? Horak? Im not disagreeing the flames need a #1 center but I'm saying that kipper won't get us one so use him to get something we do need. Kadri is not a #1 center and I'd rather pick from backlund / cammi as my #1 center rather than Comeau / horak as #1 RW
I have my doubts about Cammy at center manly winning faceoffs and play defense I think he gets moved to wing when Iggy retires but that is more like 5-6 years he may leave the Flames sooner tho. Kadri isn't a number centermen yet but who knows he could be, we have Cammy that can play #1 wing why try get someone to fill that spot if Cammy doesn't work at center when we can get a center that way we atleast can ice a team instead of hoping for the best.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:32 PM
kresco

Quote:
I have my doubts about Cammy at center manly winning faceoffs and play defense I think he gets moved to wing when Iggy retires but that is more like 5-6 years he may leave the Flames sooner tho. Kadri isn't a number centermen yet but who knows he could be, we have Cammy that can play #1 wing why try get someone to fill that spot if Cammy doesn't work at center when we can get a center that way we atleast can ice a team instead of hoping for the best.
That's what I'm doing with the proposal I'm preparing what if kadri becomes backlund 2.0 and ends up a 2nd line center at best now we have no RW. yes we have wingers mainly LW though Cammy tanguay Glencross bartschi huddler all predominately LW. Kind of what I was talking about with the island of misfit toys we have so many people playing out of their positions that it weakens us. Yes a LW. Could play RW but never as well as he could if he was playing his position. I'm proposing that we take a safe route as Connelly has as much potential as kadri but we have more to lose by adding another mid lvl C and no RW's than a mid lvl RW and use the centers we have

Old
12-07-2012, 06:34 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
That's what I'm doing with the proposal I'm preparing what if kadri becomes backlund 2.0 and ends up a 2nd line center at best now we have no RW. yes we have wingers mainly LW though Cammy tanguay Glencross bartschi huddler all predominately LW. Kind of what I was talking about with the island of misfit toys we have so many people playing out of their positions that it weakens us. Yes a LW. Could play RW but never as well as he could if he was playing his position. I'm proposing that we take a safe route as Connelly has as much potential as kadri but we have more to lose by adding another mid lvl C and no RW's than a mid lvl RW and use the centers we have
Much easier to move a LW to RW than any winger to center. Getting something for Kipper is a good idea it just seems that you are planning for a best case scenario but even if Kadri is only a 2nd line center better to ice 2 2nd liner centers than just 1 and a player who is lost.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

I would much rather have Kipper over Luongo in Toronto.

To Toronto:
G Miikka Kiprusoff
3rd Round Pick

To Calgary:
C/W Nazem Kadri
D Cody Franson (rights)

Four1 Lead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
I would much rather have Kipper over Luongo in Toronto.

To Toronto:
G Miikka Kiprusoff
3rd Round Pick

To Calgary:
C/W Nazem Kadri
D Cody Franson (rights)
I'll agree (only because of the cost, i like Luongo as a player as well). I would do this deal.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:42 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
So...lets see if i have it straight...if the cost was the same...you"d take 1 year of Kipper over 5years of Luongo? Both goalies are legit starters but you prefer a 1 year shot and then we are right back in the tank....you make zero sense.

I will say that Kipper is a better option right now, but not at the same price as Luongo just because it would be stopgap.
Absolutely... because 5 years of Luongo doesn't exist. Luongo can only exist in the context of 9 years (or whatever it is) on his deal.

Getting Kipper for one year doesn't preclude the Leafs from retaining him beyond that, it does give them the flexibility to make that choice though.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Absolutely... because 5 years of Luongo doesn't exist. Luongo can only exist in the context of 9 years (or whatever it is) on his deal.

Getting Kipper for one year doesn't preclude the Leafs from retaining him beyond that, it does give them the flexibility to make that choice though.
LOL...so i suppose you know the new CBA? Because if his deal is grandfathered, 5 years of Luongo certainly does exist. (multiple outs) And what praytell do you do after giving up a good package and Kipper walks in a year?

Old
12-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
LOL...so i suppose you know the new CBA? Because if his deal is grandfathered, 5 years of Luongo certainly does exist. (multiple outs) And what praytell do you do after giving up a good package and Kipper walks in a year?
Have at Lou then, this is about Kipper and his value.

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote