HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Vancouver Proposals (Habs, Jackets, Hawks)

Old
12-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
More Vancouver Proposals (Habs, Jackets, Hawks)

Trade #1.

To Montreal: Yann Sauve, Anton Rodin
To Vancouver: Dalton Thrower, 2013 second round pick

Trade #2.

To Columbus: Keith Ballard, Bill Sweatt
To Vancouver: Colton Gillies, Cody Goloubef, 2013 second round pick

Trade #3.

To Chicago: Cory Schneider, David Booth, 2013 first round pick
To Vancouver: Brent Seabrook, Kyle Beach

Last edited by Hi-wayman: 12-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

heck no to CHI, Beach is a bust

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Sevanston

Chicago happily hangs up the phone.

You couldn't get Seabrook alone for that package.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:01 AM
glenbuis

Your not serious. Yanne sauve and Anton Rodin. nonononononoonononnono

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:13 AM
palindrom

why does everyone want Dalton Thrower lately?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
why does everyone want Dalton Thrower lately?
Wanted him at the draft. Local kid who is a big RD with a mean streak, but he is a project. I project him not to be much more than a #5D but he suits the Canucks style of defense. More than that of Montreal's.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Pass on the Blue Jackets one. They already have enough high priced defensemen's(Wisniewski, Johnson, and Tyutin. Add Aucoin if the lockout ends) and they're set in that position in my opinion. I would rather give Ballard's spot to the young guys (*Murray,Erixon,Moore,Savard). If the Blue Jackets were to acquire anothe defensemen, I would think it would be a defensive defensemen. Would also prefer them to spend the money towards a forward, rather then bring in Ballard's contract.
*Murray is out for the season but the same idea goes for the next 2 years of Ballard's contract

Also, good chance that the 2nd round pick will be high and with a rebuild, I'm sure they'll keep it. Watching a video that was posted on their official site, they were talking about their 3 first round picks and then mentioned that the 2nd round pick will be high and to me, I got a vibe that they're keeping it.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Wanted him at the draft. Local kid who is a big RD with a mean streak, but he is a project. I project him not to be much more than a #5D but he suits the Canucks style of defense. More than that of Montreal's.
I'd be interested in a Thrower for Jensen trade, maybe add Bozon just to even it out.

Thrower is not that big, he's solid but I wouldn't call him big.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd be interested in a Thrower for Jensen trade, maybe add Bozon just to even it out.

Thrower AND Bozon for Jensen? I like jensen but I wouldnt give up those 2 for him.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:57 AM
SnapVirus

Why da **** would we trade : Bozon (dominating) and Thrower (physical D) for Jensen (whos similar to Bozon). Kinda strange? We should just keep 'em.

-

Again, Why? Is that helping more our organisation? Thrower for Rodin and Sauve, I'd say no. He has more chances to play in the NHL, than those two, and you want us to add a 2nd? Hell no.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Vancouver wins all of these trades.

Anton Rodin for Cody Goloubef and let's call it a day.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:00 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Kyle Beach is trash. This season and last he has 12g in 39 games, to go with 7 assists and 83pim.

His last full season he had 36 points in 71 games, with 163 penalty minutes.

He's been suspended multiple times in every league, including once for shooting a puck at a fan, and he was suspended by his OWN TEAM in minor league hockey, the WHL, AND the AHL.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Kyle Beach is trash. This season and last he has 12g in 39 games, to go with 7 assists and 83pim.

He's been suspended multiple times in every league, including once for shooting a puck at a fan, and he was suspended by his OWN TEAM in minor league hockey, the WHL, AND the AHL.
Beach is trash, but that's an insulting offer for Seabrook.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:09 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post

Lawl.. yeah, lets include last year, when the majority of his games played were after he came back early from an injury no one expected him to come back from and then played the majority of the rest of the season on the 4th line.. Beach got off to a very good start last year (3G, 3A, 8GP) and started this year on the 4th line because Ted Dent doesn't know what he's doing with line combos.

I'm not saying Beach is great or anything.. but he's not trash and at the very least he'll be a 4th liner in the NHL.

Regardless, Beach isn't the sticking point in that Vancouver deal.. you're not getting Brent Seabrook for Cory Schneider and David Booth.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Pass from Montreal's POV. Rodin is pretty unneccassary with our depth at wing prospects (Hudon, Collberg, Bozon, Kristo, Leblanc, etc). Sauve for Thrower is a lateral move at best for the Habs, and I have no interest in giving up draft picks draft picks unless it helps address a need in the long term.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
candyman82

I don't see what Ballard really brings to the Jackets, but otherwise the value doesn't seem too horrible. However, since the Jackets aren't really in a position to compete, I can't see why they would give up futures for established players that don't fit a need.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Vancouver GM doesnt even consider this, both bozon and Thrower were mid round picks, Jensen is Vancouvers top offensive prospect and is much better than either Bozon or Thrower. Habs prospects are really getting overrated because they were all mainstreem picks that posters on HF would have made.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Vancouver GM doesnt even consider this, both bozon and Thrower were mid round picks, Jensen is Vancouvers top offensive prospect and is much better than either Bozon or Thrower. Habs prospects are really getting overrated because they were all mainstreem picks that posters on HF would have made.
Thrower was on the cusp of being a late 1st round pick where Jensen was taken and are you serious about Jensen being a top offensive prospect. Bozon already has 41 points in the WHL this year and the best Jensen could do was 58 points in the OHL, so I don't think you've put much thought into what you are saying.

Jensen is better than Thrower or Bozon, I wouldn't say a lot better and that's why I included both of them in the trade proposal. I think it makes sense for both teams, thats why I made it.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Thrower was on the cusp of being a late 1st round pick where Jensen was taken and are you serious about Jensen being a top offensive prospect. Bozon already has 41 points in the WHL this year and the best Jensen could do was 58 points in the OHL, so I don't think you've put much thought into what you are saying.

Jensen is better than Thrower or Bozon, I wouldn't say a lot better and that's why I included both of them in the trade proposal. I think it makes sense for both teams, thats why I made it.
Jensen is scoring a goal every other game throughout his pro career, and is currently leading his SEL team in scoring as a rookie in a men's league.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

Who cares what he did in Junior? Have a look at his stats in pro hockey. He's playing on the worst team in the SEL and is 9th overall in goals despite playing less games as a 19 year old rookie. His game is suited for the pro game, it's pretty hard to believe that he'll be anything less than a 30 goal scorer in the NHL.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Who cares what he did in Junior? Have a look at his stats in pro hockey. He's playing on the worst team in the SEL and is 9th overall in goals despite playing less games as a 19 year old rookie. His game is suited for the pro game, it's pretty hard to believe that he'll be anything less than a 30 goal scorer in the NHL.
How many players score more points in the NHL then they do in junior? If Jensen can get in the 30 - 40 point range like Booth, Higgins and Raymond did that would be a more reasonable expectation and there is nothing wrong with that.

29 players scored 30 goals last year, that's an average of 1 player per team scoring 30 goals.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Trade #1.

Trade #2.

To Columbus: Keith Ballard, Bill Sweatt
To Vancouver: Colton Gillies, Cody Goloubef, 2013 second round pick

Trade #3.

To Chicago: Cory Schneider, David Booth, 2013 first round pick
To Vancouver: Brent Seabrook, Kyle Beach
First I'd do, but I wouldn't be thrilled with it (as I am sure Montreal wouldn't in on this, as for them, it is at best "change for the sake of change"), second I wouldn't be thrilled about if it were to happen (and I know Columbus doesn't have much use for Ballard at present, so again, no reason to do this) and Chicago fans will not like moving a key piece to a rival team, even if, and I know I will get bashed for this, it looks like it makes them a better team on paper. Goaltending may be a concern, but I don't see any Blackhawk fans lining up to throw a star player out to fill the need there, especially if it's us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Beach is trash, but that's an insulting offer for Seabrook.
Insulting was Hjalmarsson for Schneider+ in some of the goalie threads. I understand not doing the trade, but if he was trying to insult the Blackhawks faithful, there are about 100 worse offers he could make.

Don't get me wrong, I like Seabrooks game, but he is in the lesser tier of star players (although he is still a star player) that Chicago has on their roster. Toews, Keith, Hossa, Sharp, Kane, Seabrook and Bolland are, who I consider, Chicago's top end talent.

Why do I bring it up like this? Because that is the return we are looking for if we were to move Schneider: A young impact player. Value might be off, and unless I missed something huge, Chicago and Seabrook have no reason to part paths, but a young star player in a position of need for a young star player who, if, in the unlikely event were to be moved, wouldn't create a gaping black hole of talent, plus some small considerations on our part, shouldn't be insulting.

For the TL;DR crowd, yeah, not a super offer from where Chicago sits, for a player in no hurry to be moved, but I don't think it is "insulting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I don't see what Ballard really brings to the Jackets, but otherwise the value doesn't seem too horrible. However, since the Jackets aren't really in a position to compete, I can't see why they would give up futures for established players that don't fit a need.
Ballard has been horrible miscast, largely due to his injury, as well as Hamhuis playing beyond expectations, and because he plays left, where we have a log jam of players. He would improve Columbus' defense corps, if there is room for him. With your top 4 set, I thought anyway, and younger players pushing to fill remaining positions, yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them at the moment. If they need a 30ish point left side defender, call us. I think we've cut you a deal for the impact he would have

Quote:
How many players score more points in the NHL then they do in junior? If Jensen can get in the 30 - 40 point range like Booth, Higgins and Raymond did that would be a more reasonable expectation and there is nothing wrong with that.

29 players scored 30 goals last year, that's an average of 1 player per team scoring 30 goals.
30-40 points would be what we'd expect at minimum. Watching Jensen play, in junior, in the SEL and even in brief preseason action, the kid will score. He brings a little size, a little finesse, and good amounts of speed, hands and instinct, and most Canuck fans feel he was an absolute steal when we got him. Not unlike how Canadiens' fans feel about Thrower.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:35 PM
JuniorNelson

Trade number three would be disasterous for a rebuilding team like vancouver seems to be.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Trade number three would be disasterous for a rebuilding team like vancouver seems to be.
Serious or sarcasm? Since when is Vancouver rebuilding?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
o.O

I have to imagine this is sarcasm otherwise... what?

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote