HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

[PS3] NHL 13 GM Connected League Pt. II - Stanley Cup Champ VAN - **NEW GMs WELCOME**

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
  #701
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys
 
94eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmymryk View Post
So are we restarting or continuing on? We should decide today.
I agree. There are 21 GMs listed on the first page, that should be enough to start and get things going.

94eleven is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
  #702
Lawson624
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Is there space for another gm? If so Dallas psn: pinecone624

Lawson624 is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
  #703
The Finnish MacInnis*
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
I've got at least one person wanting to join.

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 02:06 PM
  #704
mmymryk
Registered User
 
mmymryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
If Canuxx can create a league we can start sending join requests. It will be fun to play some games again

mmymryk is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
  #705
The Finnish MacInnis*
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
We should clarify rules too.

NO TRADING WITH THE CPU

PLAYING THE CPU FOR OPEN TEAMS- YES

PLAYING THE CPU FOR USER OWNED TEAMS- NO

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
  #706
nucksfan8888
Registered User
 
nucksfan8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eleven View Post
I agree. There are 21 GMs listed on the first page, that should be enough to start and get things going.
That doesn't mean 21 of them are gonna be active, few of those could be from last season n probably don't even know what's happening in the league, we have not had 21 posters in this thread

nucksfan8888 is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
  #707
mmymryk
Registered User
 
mmymryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
We should clarify rules too.

NO TRADING WITH THE CPU

PLAYING THE CPU FOR OPEN TEAMS- YES

PLAYING THE CPU FOR USER OWNED TEAMS- NO
Agreed. And we all know what can happen with waivers an free agency. To avoid complaining can we just say what happens happens? No take backs or complaining?

mmymryk is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
  #708
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys
 
94eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 View Post
That doesn't mean 21 of them are gonna be active, few of those could be from last season n probably don't even know what's happening in the league, we have not had 21 posters in this thread
So what's the difference? Are we going to continue on as is with less GMs? Or are we just going to sit around and hope some GMs join? I don't really care what we do as long as we do something.

94eleven is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 03:11 PM
  #709
nucksfan8888
Registered User
 
nucksfan8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Theres no point in just "doing something" as another poster said a reboot makes sense IF we have 20+ ACTIVE gm's. We don't, but that doesn't happen overnight, commish should post the team openings after he PMS the GM's and figures out what teams are open, the person who volunteered for assistant commissioner could get this task going, I would but I have homework an a ball hockey game today and tomorrow

nucksfan8888 is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 03:38 PM
  #710
Spanky-X-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmymryk View Post
Agreed. And we all know what can happen with waivers an free agency. To avoid complaining can we just say what happens happens? No take backs or complaining?
Yeah and to assist that maybe at the end of next playoffs boot whoever isn't committing for the following season so the CPU can sign people. Then clearly post here when the advance to July 1 is happening and people would just need to get their things in order.

Spanky-X- is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 03:41 PM
  #711
CCF
This is the year....
 
CCF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Across Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,089
vCash: 500
If we don't reboot then I can't see us filling those teams that have been decimated by free agency. This way we at least have the opportunity to fill empty teams.

Also, I think you should be able to play the computer on a user occupied team if they set it up that way. However, it's unlikely that most will do that.

CCF is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 03:44 PM
  #712
nucksfan8888
Registered User
 
nucksfan8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Also going into ufa or actually the draft, I vote we take a week break to get everyone back and inactive teams filled.

nucksfan8888 is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 03:58 PM
  #713
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys
 
94eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 View Post
Theres no point in just "doing something" as another poster said a reboot makes sense IF we have 20+ ACTIVE gm's. We don't, but that doesn't happen overnight, commish should post the team openings after he PMS the GM's and figures out what teams are open, the person who volunteered for assistant commissioner could get this task going, I would but I have homework an a ball hockey game today and tomorrow
You missed the point if my post. What if right now we don't have 20+ ACTIVE GMs? Are we just shutting down the league? Are we continuing on with how things currently are? It seems all but two GMs are for a restart with you and Nuck This being for it if there are enough ACTIVE GMs.

To me the decision has been made. We are going to restart the league. Commish seemed to be on board with it as long as most people were.

Am I missing something?

94eleven is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
  #714
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Iran
Posts: 2,753
vCash: 500
I'm ok with a restart people should post on other teams threads to see if we can gather more gms.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 04:31 PM
  #715
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Iran
Posts: 2,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
We should clarify rules too.

NO TRADING WITH THE CPU

PLAYING THE CPU FOR OPEN TEAMS- YES

PLAYING THE CPU FOR USER OWNED TEAMS- NO
.

I disagree with the third one. If gms aren't going to be completely active their should be a rule that you'll be forced to have it so teams can play against said gms computer. I had it way to often last season where I'd see a player on but never get a response and never get a game in and I'd end up getting an injury with the sim. San Jose was brutal for me it was as if he didn't wanna play me.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 04:38 PM
  #716
mmymryk
Registered User
 
mmymryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
.

I disagree with the third one. If gms aren't going to be completely active their should be a rule that you'll be forced to have it so teams can play against said gms computer. I had it way to often last season where I'd see a player on but never get a response and never get a game in and I'd end up getting an injury with the sim. San Jose was brutal for me it was as if he didn't wanna play me.
True, but with our new system if teams aren't active they will be booted. Sometime certain people's schedules don't work out to play each other. How would you decide who get to play the CPU.

mmymryk is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 04:54 PM
  #717
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys
 
94eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Ok I created a new league called HF Boards Vancouver. Once commish is around I will make him commish. Send join requests for your teams and I'll add you.

Everyone ok with this?

94eleven is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 06:05 PM
  #718
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba
 
putridgasbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comox Valley
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 50
Computer is down until tuesday, so stuck posting with phone so this will be fairly brief.
I'm game for a reboot and now that we know how the GM conected works (or doesn't) I think it is for the best.
I would prefer a different team.... Vancouver, Rangers, Pittsburgh, Edmonton would be my first choice and if not one of them I'll keep Nashville.

putridgasbag is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
  #719
The Finnish MacInnis*
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eleven View Post
Ok I created a new league called HF Boards Vancouver. Once commish is around I will make him commish. Send join requests for your teams and I'll add you.

Everyone ok with this?
Jouned

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
  #720
The Finnish MacInnis*
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
Jouned
Joined, too!

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
  #721
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
I sent one as well.

Mason10 is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:34 PM
  #722
Lawson624
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Can I take Toronto?

Lawson624 is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:53 PM
  #723
The Finnish MacInnis*
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
We need a list of creams people are wanting to be.

Ana
Bos
Buf
Cal
Car
Col
CBJ
Dal
Det
Edm
Fla
Min
Mon
Nas
NJ
NYI
NYR
Ott
Phi
Phx
Pit
SJ
STL
TB
Tor
Van
Was
Wpg

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:55 PM
  #724
The Finnish MacInnis*
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
We need a list of creams people are wanting to be.

Ana
Bos
Buf
Cal
Car
Col
CBJ
Dal
Det
Edm
Fla
Min
Mon
Nas
NJ
NYI
NYR
Ott
Phi
Phx
Pit
SJ
STL
TB
Tor
Van
Was
Wpg
"Creams" people want. Lovely. No editing abilities. Don't get infractions, kiddies. Haha

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:58 PM
  #725
The Finnish MacInnis*
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Ok, forgot a few teams. Fixed.

Ana
Bos
Buf
Cal
Car
Chi
Col
CBJ
Dal
Det
Edm
Fla
LA
Min
Mon
Nas
NJ
NYI
NYR
Ott
Phi
Phx
Pit
SJ
STL
TB
Tor
Van
Was
Wpg

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.