HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIIII: "We're Close" "We're Not Close" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

vCash: 500
Bettman is a sociopath. It's not incompetence, it's just his tendency to be less... "Motivated by the same causes that players and some owners care about".

Old
12-08-2012, 02:17 PM
RoninNYR

Unfollowed every single NYR on twitter. Brainless h.s. dropouts with massively over inflated ego's and sense of self worth.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninNYR View Post
Unfollowed every single NYR on twitter. Brainless h.s. dropouts with massively over inflated ego's and sense of self worth.
Not exactly, but it's a free country, do what you want.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninNYR View Post
Hagelin is a college graduate, but I get that you're angry.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Well it does seem like the current and former Rangers who are active players have been the biggest morons on Twitter so far during this lockout.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Well it does seem like the current and former Rangers who are active players have been the biggest morons on Twitter so far during this lockout.
Yeah, but Boyle, Hagelin, Stepan, McDonagh all went to College. And most of the other guys are veteran players (ex. Richards) and know how things work. Rupp and DZ are the only idiots I can think of on Twitter during this lockout.

And to call them idiots for voicing their radical pro-player views is the most hypocritical thing most can do. Democrats and Republicans are no different.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
brandon prust has been the worst. i dont like that guy

Old
12-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Yeah, but Boyle, Hagelin, Stepan, McDonagh all went to College. And most of these guys are veteran players and know how things work. Rupp and DZ are the only idiots I can think of on Twitter during this lockout.
I wasn't talking about the college part of it, since that was a ridiculous comment. I'm just saying that the Rangers have been the biggest morons.

You also forgot about Lundqvist and Richards, and since I mentioned former Rangers, Prust, too.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:23 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
I'd definitely agree with Prust because he's a ****ing clown but I don't think the rest of them have been bad. I disagreed with Henrik and Richards jumping on Bettman's salary back in the summer but a lot of them have smartened up and know he's just the messenger for the owners.

I'm not going to hold someone's view point against them because a lot of these guys are very good people. My issue is when you're tweeting #lockoutproblems from poolside. Talk about being completely out of touch.

12-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'd definitely agree with Prust because he's a ****ing clown but I don't think the rest of them have been bad. I disagreed with Henrik and Richards jumping on Bettman's salary back in the summer but a lot of them have smartened up and know he's just the messenger for the owners.

I'm not going to hold someone's view point against them because a lot of these guys are very good people. My issue is when you're tweeting #lockoutproblems from poolside. Talk about being completely out of touch.
Lundqvist then started talking **** about the SEL because they wouldn't take him. He's been such a crybaby during this whole thing. He only said one thing I liked, but that won't excuse him for everything else he said.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:28 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Three thoughts I have from the past few days of debacle:

1. I can't believe that the "public" honestly has any allegiance to either of these sides at this point. All this talk about PR and frankly, I think both sides have acted with a blatant disregard for their fans, the "public," and I don't see how anybody can possibly be firmly behind either group. I understand the owners' desires more but if I saw one I'd tell him where to shove his lockout. Neither deserves anything like credit or what we'd call "good PR" and I really doubt that either side has much to speak of. Also, from day 1 I've failed to understand what the hell having the PR advantage is actually worth since it's impossible for fans to support JUST players or JUST owners. They're both arguing about all of our money. If you go to a game you support both. If you buy a jersey you support both. If you watch on TV you support both, etc. etc. etc.

2. I think a lot of the people who tend to side with the PA are drastically underestimating Bettman because he was pissed off and flustered after talks broke down. He may be calculating and devious but he is absolutely not stupid or weak. He will not be trampled in this. Neither will Fehr for his part. I'd bet almost anything that when this thing is said and done both sides will have semi-legitimate arguments about why their side won.

3. I am so, so glad that Prust isn't on this team anymore after being pretty bummed about losing him initially. He's great as a player on the ice, but boy is he terrible as a PA personality.
Well said. I used to be pro-owner and very anti-PA but I've become more neutral as I know both sides are completely at fault. Between the PA's repackaging of the same proposal over and over, players stupid tweets, Donald Fehr, etc, I can understand why people have grown to hate them. What I don't like is how ridiculously pro-owner HF is. Can someone explain to me why the owners need to have both variance and a 5 year contract term? Why does every single proposal the NHL makes have to be take it or leave it? Is it necessary to walk out of a meeting 10 minutes in because you don't like something? And then these same owners will jack up your ticket prices the minute they see fit.

I'm sorry, I can't support either side in this battle. Both have their evils. What I'm rooting for is as long of a CBA as possible and the NHL back on the ice as soon as possible.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Lundqvist then started talking **** about the SEL because they wouldn't take him. He's been such a crybaby during this whole thing. He only said one thing I liked, but that won't excuse him for everything else he said.
I haven't exactly viewed him that way but to each his own. I have bigger issues with clowns like Upshall and Prust than I do Henrik.

Old
12-08-2012, 03:39 PM
RoninNYR

Quote:
I know that a lot of them are college graduates, but so are NFL players. I realize I am just stereotyping, and I am sure most of them are good humans that do a lot of good for the community but...

I followed the Rangers on twitter to get deeper insight into my team. But once the lockout hit I saw a side of the players that just really struck me the wrong way, they all seem to be primma donnas who have serous delusions about the real world.

After seeing how the players handle themselves when things aren't going 100% their way i can't take them seriously. Their mindset reminds me of the loud/popular kids in h.s. that complained about every little thing because they could not grasp any perspective of the big picture, and they did not understand they live in a sheltered world. These kids for the most part were unable to handle change and are now not doing so well.

I'm not mad at the players or the lockout. I've just hit a point where I am apathetic to watching other people play. I love hockey and will continue to play 2x a week for as long as I can because I love the sport.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:09 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
What?
I think he is saying results and IQ are not one and the same.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
DZ hasn't been bad IMO. Maybe I have a bias but I honesty don't remember much complaining from DZ. rupper has been pretty bad.
Says the person with DZ in his avatar?

Most players have been equally as bad. Any player voicing their twitter rants in an attempt to win over the fans hasn't gone about the process the right way. Posting facts is one thing; opinions another.

DZ has been a violator and problem on Twitter since long before the lockout - hence the reason Torts had big issues with his maturity and still does.

The younger players do tend to post more (since the technology is more in their time frame), and therefore tend to ***** more.

The fact of the matter is this: any instance of an NHL player comparing this to real life is blasphemy. There is no comparison. Not one. Even a floater making NHL's entry-level pay at roughly $500,000 makes more money than the average family does in the U.S. in ten years or more.

There is not ONE comparison for families struggling to pay bills, struggling with foreclosure, struggling with credit, trying to feed their kids and much more then an NHL'er playing a child's game and making God-like money. There is no disputing this.

By the way: the fans are the ones responsible for everyone involved in these labor negotiations salaries. The same fans who struggle daily put forth a small percentage of their money each to enjoy the sport that's a graceful part of life throughout our short time here. When added up, all these small percentages of money from low-income families add up to the massive salaries responsible for the overindulgence by very talented people playing a child's game. Therefore, there is not one suitable explanation for lockouts and labor negotiation issues.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:18 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Prust is such a ******.

****ing POS with his #lockoutproblems tweets every day.

Topic of the day today was posting a photo poolside...oh how hard this lockout is treating you..

Old
12-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Says the person with DZ in his avatar?

Most players have been equally as bad. Any player voicing their twitter rants in an attempt to win over the fans hasn't gone about the process the right way. Posting facts is one thing; opinions another.

DZ has been a violator and problem on Twitter since long before the lockout - hence the reason Torts had big issues with his maturity and still does.

The younger players do tend to post more (since the technology is more in their time frame), and therefore tend to ***** more.

The fact of the matter is this: any instance of an NHL player comparing this to real life is blasphemy. There is no comparison. Not one. Even a floater making NHL's entry-level pay at roughly $500,000 makes more money than the average family does in the U.S. in ten years or more.

There is not ONE comparison for families struggling to pay bills, struggling with foreclosure, struggling with credit, trying to feed their kids and much more then an NHL'er playing a child's game and making God-like money. There is no disputing this.

By the way: the fans are the ones responsible for everyone involved in these labor negotiations salaries. The same fans who struggle daily put forth a small percentage of their money each to enjoy the sport that's a graceful part of life throughout our short time here. When added up, all these small percentages of money from low-income families add up to the massive salaries responsible for the overindulgence by very talented people playing a child's game. Therefore, there is not one suitable explanation for lockouts and labor negotiation issues.
Exactly. As long as you are not an idiot and manage your money well and don't blow it all at a strip club or on ridiculous cars, then even just few years in the NHL will put you in a better financial situation than the average person.

The problem for a lot of these athletes is that they don't know how to do that. They get their money, blow it, and then have to rely on getting another big paycheck in the future.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:01 PM
DutchShamrock

So we are lambasting players for mismanaging money? Wow, this lockout truly has come full circle.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:09 PM
park rangers
Optimist

People are complaining that the players are complaining??? This is the game they to play (keyword play) of course they are complaining.

The players like Prust are making these "no big deal" comments on twitter as a sort of leverage that they don't need the league as much as the league needs them (which we all know is not true)

Old
12-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Yawk Ranguhs View Post
People are complaining that the players are complaining??? This is the game they to play (keyword play) of course they are complaining.

The players like Prust are making these "no big deal" comments on twitter as a sort of leverage that they don't need the league as much as the league needs them (which we all know is not true)
- Saying you dont care about what happens
- Making jokes based around your rich lifestyle in relation to not carrying on social media
- Getting into it with fans and making fun of how much $$$ they make

None of those help the image of NHLPA

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 12-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
bubba5

Prust is just pissed he can't start collecting on his overpaid contract.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:35 PM
frankthefrowner

Twitter has been an absolute terrible thing this lock out. It has given players a voice that shouldnt have one. I saw Rupp retweeted something that a west coast player said i forget who, but it said something like "I Wish I could play one hockey game against gary bettman", and Rupp responded with "haha go wide on gary"...

I mean really people?

Both sides have been terrible this lockout. Neither side has a damn clue wtf is going on in terms of negotiations... the PA keeps handing them the same damn offer with no linkage and the NHL keeps tabling take it or leave it offers which even if great would never pass cause your just being a dick by saying "take it or leave it"...

Old
12-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Garv23

The fact that people live, breathe and read too much into Twitter's every word worries me as a human. Stay away and just wait for that day when its announced the lockout is over. Is it really that important to have all this useless info pumped out in between?

Last edited by Garv23: 12-08-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
The fact that people live, breathe and read too much into Twitter's every word worries me as a human. Stay away and just wait for that day when its announced the lockout is over. Is it really that important to have all this useless info pumped out in between?
Without it we wouldnt have the greatness that was podium watch... In a very tough time i thourougly enjoyed everything that came from that.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:23 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
I'm with you. Too many posters spending too much of their time chasing these guys around cyberspace and then when these players say **** (an inevitability) that doesn't square with their version of reality they get pissed. people should tone down their expectations of others.

Closed Thread