HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lockout Discussion Thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 04:47 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Do you actually read and at least TRY to understand what I write?

SIgh...

No, I am not "envious", I am pointing out a bunch of facts about what the players receive for playing hockey as a living. I am pointing out facts about how many benefits the players get above and beyond just their salaries. I am showing what the players "get" on the whole so that people understand that they are on the receiving end of a ton of perks that are not included in a CBA negotiation but are real bonuses that the players get and that are paid for, or arranged, by the owners. I am not pointing out that their "star" status is a problem, I am pointing out that it is ONE of the things the players "get" by being part of the NHL. You seem to have glossed over all of the other valid things the players "get" that the OWNERS pay for that are not part of the CBA negotiations just so you could try and dismiss my argument with a childish and immature attempt to misdirect people from my overall point.

Maybe you will read this post and try to answer...ahh, never mind. You won't.
yup, you're envious and it shows.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Salaries are hard-locked to hockey-related revenues since the last lockout. Before the lockout the players, in a quasi-free market, they were getting ~70% of HRR. After the lockout they were locked in at 57%. That's a 13% reduction right?

That's what he meant.
From 57% to 50% is not quite 13%. (about 12.28%)
From 70% to 57% is about an 18.5% reduction.
So he was probably refering to this year and just rounded off.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Any Habs fan who will still cheer for Prust in the future must like being disrespected and fed pure BS.

He's totally Bergevin's worst mistake as a GM so far.
Prust has heart but he doesn't seem very bright. I didn't like that contract but he is who he is, as long as he does his job I really don't care if he's a complete goober off the ice. It's no surprise a guy like him is being such a good yes man to do the bidding of players like Crosby though who are worried they will be slightly less rich after this.

I'm more disappointed at Cole, who is supposed to be a leader but has spent the lockout threatening to retire and acting like a tough guy against Hamrlik. Unlike Prust and Gorges, he doesn't sound naive but disingenuous.

I won't boo them as long as they do their jobs on the ice, but once this lockout is over they better shut up and play.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Prust has heart but he doesn't seem very bright. I didn't like that contract but he is who he is, as long as he does his job I really don't care if he's a complete goober off the ice. It's no surprise a guy like him is being such a good yes man to do the bidding of players like Crosby though who are worried they will be slightly less rich after this.

I'm more disappointed at Cole, who is supposed to be a leader but has spent the lockout threatening to retire and acting like a tough guy against Hamrlik. Unlike Prust and Gorges, he doesn't sound naive but disingenuous.

I won't boo them as long as they do their jobs on the ice, but once this lockout is over they better shut up and play.
Although Prust did get shafted more than a lot of players. After all,
from being paid like a 4th liner, to getting a 10 million dollar contract. But
he's not getting paid, and the future situation is a bit unclear.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:04 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
https://twitter.com/brandonprust8/st...13992809730048

I know I'll get over it once hockey actually starts but right now, I'm disliking him more and more every day.
I'm new to twitter. Is prust's comment in response to the guy calling him a millionaire ****in' cry baby?

Old
12-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I'm new to twitter. Is prust's comment in response to the guy calling him a millionaire ****in' cry baby?
Yes.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Andy

Allan Walsh is not mentally stable

Old
12-08-2012, 05:08 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Yes.
Good for Prust, then.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:11 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Good for Prust, then.
But that was in response to him saying that he doesn't care about the lockout anymore... Prust has no business saying **** like that.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:12 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
But that was in response to him saying that he doesn't care about the lockout anymore... Prust has no business saying **** like that.
What was he suppposed to say to the complete stranger being an *******?

Old
12-08-2012, 05:13 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Good for Prust, then.
Good for him?

What?!

Post a picture of you sunbathing by a pool and act like it's some grave injustice.

**** Prust. I can't wait to see both him and Armstrong get filled in by real tough guys.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:14 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Maybe nothing?

Or maybe he doesn't complain about being a rich hockey player who is out of work because he wants more scratch to play ****ing HOCKEY for a living.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Act like a pro and not reply. After all, he wont stop whining about the hard life, he should be accountable for what comes to him from the fans.

*******s attract *******s.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:23 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Good for him?

What?!
Yeah. Some ******* randomly calls him a crybaby millionaire, and he fired back. What of it?

Oh, I forgot, we're playing the hold players to ridiculous standards we wouldn't hold ourselves to game. That's a fun one.

Quote:
Post a picture of you sunbathing by a pool and act like it's some grave injustice.
Someone didn't get the joke. I imagine "first world problems," might elicit the same reaction from someone who was so poor they didn't get the joke.

Quote:
**** Prust. I can't wait to see both him and Armstrong get filled in by real tough guys.
Some habs fan you are.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
OneSharpMarble

So Prust making a joke is the new "outrage" around here huh? Must be a slow day.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:25 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Good for him?

What?!

Here's an athlete who just signed a new contract being locked out by a plutocracy of owners. He's a pro athlete who spent his entire life trying to make it into the league, and he did by playing rough and getting his ass beat almost every game, playing honest hockey and never making "millions".

But he makes a joke on twitter and... you posers go on and suggest that he get assaulted and battered by "real tough guys".

I know how where my endowment lies, but your insecurity is showing.

Get a grip.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:27 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Yeah. Some ******* randomly calls him a crybaby millionaire, and he fired back. What of it?

Oh, I forgot, we're playing the hold players to ridiculous standards we wouldn't hold ourselves to game. That's a fun one.

Someone didn't get the joke. I imagine "first world problems," might elicit the same reaction from someone who was so poor they didn't get the joke.

Some habs fan you are.
I don't care what team I cheer for. I will not cheer for human trash. If Jeffrey Dahmer put on a Habs uniform and played for the team, you're damn right I'd wish for him to get ****ed up in every fight. Prust and Armstrong are disgraces to the uniform they wear and I will cheer for the team, but I will not cheer for them as individuals.

Prust's joke isn't even funny. It's just stupid. This guy is full of idiotic comments. He needs twitter to be taken away from him.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:27 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Act like a pro and not reply.
Lol, the **** outta here. An upstart unruly fan took a swing at Prust and got embarassed. End of story. Just because someone invented twitter doesn't mean you get to be immune from the repercussions of your stupidity.

Much like you now get to opine on how much of a dick Prust is, regardless of your professional affiliation.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:30 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Here's an athlete who just signed a new contract being locked out by a plutocracy of owners. He's a pro athlete who spent his entire life trying to make it into the league, and he did by playing rough and getting his ass beat almost every game, playing honest hockey and never making "millions".

But he makes a joke on twitter and... you posers go on and suggest that he get assaulted and battered by "real tough guys".

I know how where my endowment lies, but your insecurity is showing.

Get a grip.
What insecurity am I showing?

I have no sympathy for these guys. They come from families well off enough to put them through hockey, drive them to tournaments, wipe their ***** for them every step of the way.

They are a far cry from the people who actually enjoy the game. They have long forgotten what it's like to actually enjoy and love the game of hockey. When their priorities have changed to how many dollars they can make rather than actually being on the ice, competing and trying to win? Yeah, I have a problem with what type of "professional" you are.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
I don't care what team I cheer for. I will not cheer for human trash. If Jeffrey Dahmer put on a Habs uniform and played for the team, you're damn right I'd wish for him to get ****ed up in every fight. Prust and Armstrong are disgraces to the uniform they wear and I will cheer for the team, but I will not cheer for them as individuals.
Lol, you know when you have to compare someone getting in an argument, to someone who lobotomized teenage boys with a drill before ****** them to stay alive in an argument, that you're going somewhere.

If you ask me, you're the trash.

Quote:
Prust's joke isn't even funny. It's just stupid. This guy is full of idiotic comments. He needs twitter to be taken away from him.
At least we know who he is. You hide behind a username and talk **** about people who would "fill you in," and call them "human trash."

Old
12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Maybe nothing?

Or maybe he doesn't complain about being a rich hockey player who is out of work because he wants more scratch to play ****ing HOCKEY for a living.
He is one of 700 elite talents that busted his hump to get where he is. He gets paid what the market will bear. He is responsible for thousands more people making a livelihood off of what he does. You don't have to go too many pages back to see how this lockout has affected workers and businesses in the cities.

Is he being an asshat? Yes sir he is, but he is part of a 3.1 Billion dollar industry. He is part of a huge money making machine. He deserves his share of that. He also has a limited shelf life.

I don't really give a **** about any of these guys when they're not wearing the CH. I don't know too many hockey players that aren't *******s. You have to be one in order to compete at that level.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
What insecurity am I showing?
This one.

Quote:
I have no sympathy for these guys. They come from families well off enough to put them through hockey, drive them to tournaments, wipe their ***** for them every step of the way.
Although insecurity is apt, I think petty envy is probably more so.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:33 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wethreekings View Post
i don't care what team i cheer for. I will not cheer for human trash. if jeffrey dahmer put on a habs uniform and played for the team, you're damn right i'd wish for him to get ****ed up in every fight. prust and armstrong are disgraces to the uniform they wear and i will cheer for the team, but i will not cheer for them as individuals.

Ladies and Gentlemen, another instalment of....

HABS FANS

The second bolded comment is just ripe. This is like one of those old slapsticky sitcom plots, where one character is ranting and raving to his friend about his boss or wife or something and then that person comes up behind them and it's all like "ahem, I'm right here" Except it's just wethreekings, and he has no friends. =(

Old
12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
guest1467

You guys are all getting mad trolled. LOL.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:40 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Lol, you know when you have to compare someone getting in an argument, to someone who lobotomized teenage boys with a drill before ****** them to stay alive in an argument, that you're going somewhere.

If you ask me, you're the trash.

At least we know who he is. You hide behind a username and talk **** about people who would "fill you in," and call them "human trash."
It's called a metaphor or even a hyperbole, if you'd like that better. The point remains the same, whether or not you want to take it literally or not, I don't disregard the deeds or countenance of an individual simply because he plays for my favorite team.
If that is your definition of your real fan, I am currently fine not being a "real" fan.

That's great you think that I'm trash. Considering your opinions on this subject it definitely tells me I am doing something right if I gain your disapproval.

You are hiding behind your username talking **** about me. If you want to make this personal, go ahead, call me whatever names you would like. Find my address and come "fill me in". Whatever makes you feel tough. I don't even care if Prust would beat me in a fight. I'm not paid millions of dollars, I don't have 24 hours in a day to be hand-fed by nutritionalists, boxing coaches to shadow my movements, strength coaches and conditioning coaches. I actually have to -earn- my place in this world by myself.

I'm sure there's an owner somewhere complaining his private jet isn't big enough that needs your help to wipe his eyes dry.

Closed Thread