HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part VII (Machida/Munoz *Bisping out)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 09:36 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I would have no problem with either of the fights. Hendricks makes a ton more sense, but Diaz brings the $.

Plus he won rounds 1, 2 and 5
Youre mssing round 3 as well but that round was at least close

Old
12-07-2012, 12:23 AM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Kick in the sack to Hendo and Machida
I don't know, it is a title fight. I think more of a kick in the sack was Dana saying that the Gust/Shogun winner gets the next title shot after Sonnen rather than one of those two.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:23 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Sweeeeeet. Diaz vs GSP. I am excite.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

I find it hilarious that Tito Ortiz is Cyborg's new manager and he advised her against taking the Rousey fight. Still ****ing with Dana even though he's retired.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:36 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I love it. It's stupid to give Diaz a title shot coming off a loss but this is the fight I want to see.
My thoughts exactly. Hendricks deserves it but I'd rather see GSP/Diaz.

Silva can piss off. Maybe he should grow some balls and fight Jones. He's already proven that he can fight at LHW so why not challenge the champ? Oh yeah, because he knows he'll lose. Better yet, why doesn't he fight the guy in his own weight class who deserves a title shot. If I knew how to post a gif, this is where I'd post one of Gob Bluth doing his chicken dance.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:49 AM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post

Silva can piss off. Maybe he should grow some balls and fight Jones. He's already proven that he can fight at LHW so why not challenge the champ? Oh yeah, because he knows he'll lose. Better yet, why doesn't he fight the guy in his own weight class who deserves a title shot. If I knew how to post a gif, this is where I'd post one of Gob Bluth doing his chicken dance.
Couldn't much of the same be said about GSP? If this was Silva people would be calling him out for ducking Hendricks.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Couldn't much of the same be said about GSP? If this was Silva people would be calling him out for ducking Hendricks.
GSP has some legit challengers left. Silva does have Weidman, but he doesn't really have a solid stable of fighters in his division to face like GSP does.

His time would be better spent chasing the big money fights.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:27 AM
m9

Quote:
GSP has some legit challengers left. Silva does have Weidman, but he doesn't really have a solid stable of fighters in his division to face like GSP does.

His time would be better spent chasing the big money fights.
Well he is trying to fight GSP..

Even if Silva said he wanted to fight Bisping over Weidman he would be raked over the coals. GSP essentially just did it.

Hendricks and Weidman are the only two legit contenders . Both divisions have guys like Bisping, Diaz, Boetsch etc who are marginal as a true contender as of today.

The double standards with these guys by fans are brutal.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
jw2

I want to see Diaz - GSP but this is not the time. We should have seen it 18 months ago, and now, Hendricks should be getting the fight.

I would have loved to see GSP - Hendricks and Diaz - Silva.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post

Old
12-07-2012, 04:57 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

GSP's not ducking Hendricks. I don't see why he has any reason to be afraid of Hendricks; it's because he wants to settle his score with Diaz. He really hates that guy, and honestly it's pretty understandable since Diaz is one of the biggest tools I've ever seen.

Also, look what GSP posted on Facebook today:

Quote:
"Do not plan for ventures before finishing what's at hand." -Euripides
Considering he said he had "unfinished business" with Diaz, he wants to demolish him first and then move onto bigger and better things.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
GSP's not ducking Hendricks. I don't see why he has any reason to be afraid of Hendricks; it's because he wants to settle his score with Diaz. He really hates that guy, and honestly it's pretty understandable since Diaz is one of the biggest tools I've ever seen.

Also, look what GSP posted on Facebook today:

Considering he said he had "unfinished business" with Diaz, he wants to demolish him first and then move onto bigger and better things.
He might not like Diaz and he might want to beat him badly but this is about the money. A fight against Diaz will sell a lot of PPVs and make him a lot money. He'll still make good money against Hendricks but not nearly as much.

Also, no one actually thinks he's ducking Hendricks. m9 just brought that up because of the double standards against Anderson Silva on this board and if you go back and look at the threads, it's usually GSP fans who are criticizing Silva the most. Some people accused him of ducking Weidman even though it's the same situation. He didn't want to fight Weidman because he's not a big name and he could make more money fighting other guys. GSP can say whatever he wants and post some stupid quotes on his facebook page but he knows which fight is going to make him more money.

Hendricks has been ranting big time on twitter and he's not holding anything back when it comes to GSP. He also says he'll continue to sit out until he gets his title shot. Enjoy your time off buddy.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

It is a business. GSP/Diaz will sell more tickets, more pay per views and bring more media attention. Frankie Edgar lost twice to Ben Henderson and is fighting Jose Aldo. He has never fought at featherweight before. Johnny Hendricks is and should be upset, but Dana and Co. are delivering us the more interesting fight and its all about filling the seats and selling pay per views. And Hendricks should quit his ********. Not fighting again in till a title fight? Alright, pal. Just keep K'Oing dudes and keep calling out GSP. It will be better for his bank account that way.

After the **** run the UFC has been on, they should not pass up any money fights when the opportunity arises. Deserving of a title shot or not; Frankie Edgar, Chael Sonnen and Nick Diaz are the biggest money opponents for the company to make at those weight classes.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:46 AM
BGDDYKWL

I understand what people are saying in terms of the double standard regarding GSP and Silva, but there's a pretty big difference here that hasn't been addressed. If Weidman and Bisping fought my guess is Weidman would be in the -170 range, whereas if Diaz and Hendricks fought my guess is the odds would be pretty close to even (Diaz probably as the slight favorite). So while yes GSP is passing on the number one contender, he would get less flack for asking for Diaz than Anderson would asking for Bisping quite simply because it is a more competitive/worthy opponent. Not to mention it's a fight that was already on the table. If Anderson turned down Weidman to fight Hendo/Rashad/Shogun at 185 I don't think he'd get too much grief for it.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I understand what people are saying in terms of the double standard regarding GSP and Silva, but there's a pretty big difference here that hasn't been addressed. If Weidman and Bisping fought my guess is Weidman would be in the -170 range, whereas if Diaz and Hendricks fought my guess is the odds would be pretty close to even (Diaz probably as the slight favorite). So while yes GSP is passing on the number one contender, he would get less flack for asking for Diaz than Anderson would asking for Bisping quite simply because it is a more competitive/worthy opponent. Not to mention it's a fight that was already on the table. If Anderson turned down Weidman to fight Hendo/Rashad/Shogun at 185 I don't think he'd get too much grief for it.
I like Diaz and want to see him fight GSP but the only chance he has is if he can catch GSP in a sub from the bottom. GSP won't stand with him and he'll easily take him down over and over again. GSP wins by unanimous decision or by doctor's stoppage since Diaz cuts so easily.

Hendricks can wrestle and he has one punch KO power. GSP will beat him but I think that's a tougher fight because GSP will really have to work for the takedowns.

I think Anderson said he would rather fight Bisping than Weidman but he really doesn't want to fight either one of them.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Hendricks Blames GSP, Considered Retirement When He Heard He Had Been Passed Over

Quote:
"The way I feel right now, if it wasn't for my fans, I could almost feel like, done," he told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "That's how sickened I feel to my stomach that somebody stepped in there because he talked a little more trash than I did and stole it from me."
Quote:
"I'm not disappointed in the UFC, because they want to keep their champion happy," Hendricks said. "I get that. It's GSP who I'm mad at, because there's no reason anybody should bypass me. For him to sit there and say, 'We have this or this,' who cares? You're the champion. I get to say I want to fight you, and it's supposed to happen because I'm the No. 1 contender."
Quote:
"That's what's killing boxing ... the fact that you can run your mouth a little bit, and then you get something," he said. "It's about how good you fight. That's what this sport was built on. "I don't want to have to be a jerk to get something."
http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/vi...-shot-passover

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
12-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I Am Beat You

To blame GSP is moronic.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:16 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
To blame GSP is moronic.
Why? GSP wanted Diaz. He said it himself multiple times that he wants to shut Nick up.

War Diaz and War Hendricks

Old
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
m9

Quote:
Why? GSP wanted Diaz. He said it himself multiple times that he wants to shut Nick up.

War Diaz and War Hendricks
Exactly. GSP is the guy who made the decision, obviously he's the one to 'blame'.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Exactly. GSP is the guy who made the decision, obviously he's the one to 'blame'.
He deserves partial blame. This isn't a lump sum problem.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Hendricks Blames GSP, Considered Retirement When He Heard He Had Been Passed Over

http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/vi...-shot-passover
Isn't boxing hurting because they won't make the fights the fans want to see? I don't think many people are dying to see GSP/Hendricks.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Isn't boxing hurting because they won't make the fights the fans want to see? I don't think many people are dying to see GSP/Hendricks.
I would love to see that

Old
12-08-2012, 10:17 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

I can understand Hendricks' frustration, but he really sounds like a big baby there. Considering retirement? Really? The dude's 29 and is in great shape and one of the best fighters. He deserves the fight more than Diaz, but he will get his chance; unfortunately, it's a business and that's how it is sometimes.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:53 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Mauler said he will take a fight before the title fight to stay active. Love it. But really who makes sense for him?

Old
12-09-2012, 01:03 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Mauler said he will take a fight before the title fight to stay active. Love it. But really who makes sense for him?
Dana said Hendo's knee's still not right, and that it's possible Gus could step in for him against Machida. And then Hendo can step in for Sonnen.

Closed Thread