HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Galchenyuk VS Forsberg VS Grigorenko

View Poll Results: Who will be the better player down the road?
Alex Galchenyuk 58 63.04%
Filip Forsberg 16 17.39%
Mikhail Grigorenko 18 19.57%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-08-2012, 07:38 AM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Galchenyuk VS Forsberg VS Grigorenko

Some time has past since the 2012 Draft and I want to know if anyone would change what happened.

If you were the Montreal Canadiens, would you draft Alex Galchenyuk, Filip Forsberg or Mikhail Grigorenko?

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:51 AM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
I'm happy with Galchenyuk but I would not be disappointed if we took Grigs instead...both are amazing prospects. Can't wait to compare them in a couple years or so and see how well each has developed, I find its too early right now they've only played 30 games each and at the minor level too on top of that.

Anyways, I homer voted for Gally

Last edited by ottawa*: 12-08-2012 at 08:04 AM.
ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I wouldn't change one thing about our last draft. Still Gally for me

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:57 AM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Tempted to say Forsberg, but for now I'll say Gally

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Forsberg.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:58 AM
AD1066

I've always thought that Grigorenko is going to be something special. I honestly believe that between his height, reach, and playmaking, he has one of the highest upsides of any player in the draft and should have been selected sooner.

Only time will tell, I guess.

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:00 AM
hersky77

Voted for gally because I am a homer. But in the end all three are going to special players and the teams that drafted these players are going to be very happy in the future.

hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Bob Cole

theres a reason why Gally was drafted top 3 and the other two slipped past 10. Gally has been beasting it up this year. The kid is going to be a top 5 center in the league in his prime. Book it.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:08 AM

This again?

anyways I would go Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Forsberg.

I think if all 3 reach there potential Forsberg would be behind both.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:22 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
theres a reason why Gally was drafted top 3 and the other two slipped past 10. Gally has been beasting it up this year. The kid is going to be a top 5 center in the league in his prime. Book it.
I agree with you. I just wanted to see the opinion of most Habs fans.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
posts like this are so obnixious.

You are basically guarenteeing that he will be better than Giroux, Crosby, Stamkos, Kopitar, Toews, McDavid, MacKinnon, Seguin, Nugent Hopkins, Tavares. All those players will in around there prime the same time as Galchenyuk.

He is a very good prospect but guys like him come around in the draft almost every year.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
posts like this are so obnixious.

You are basically guarenteeing that he will be better than Giroux, Crosby, Stamkos, Kopitar, Toews, McDavid, MacKinnon, Seguin, Nugent Hopkins, Tavares. All those players will in around there prime the same time as Galchenyuk.
10 years from now when Gally will be in the middle of his prime, same of these players will certainly be on the decline and towards the beggining the end of their careers, some haven't even been drafted yet, so to answer your question, who knows.

And regarding the poll, I pick Gally easily, Grigorenko is still a major question mark for me and Forsberg looks like he might be a solid 50-60 point player but I can't see him as an established first line star yet.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
10 years from now when Gally will be in the middle of his prime, same of these players will certainly be on the decline and towards the beggining the end of their careers, some haven't even been drafted yet, so to answer your question, who knows.

And regarding the poll, I pick Gally easily, Grigorenko is still a major question mark for me and Forsberg looks like he might be a solid 50-60 point player but I can't see him as an established first line star yet.
More highend prospects will filter in Crosby, Giroux, Stamkos have the type of games where they will likely be effective well into there 30s. Technically you are right but at this point is unreasonable to expect him to become a top 5 center in the game during his prime.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Holy tire pumping! How much reassurance do you guys need?

Jerk Store is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:09 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Holy tire pumping! How much reassurance do you guys need?
Grigorenko is doing very well, I actually thought more Habs fans would vote Grigo since he is a Q prospect and is doing well. Although I am more than happy with Galchenyuk.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Homer much?

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:06 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
I don't get how Grigorenko is getting so many votes. Look at the number of teams that passed on him. Has he really done THAT much to improve his stock relative to Galchenyuk and Forsberg since the draft?

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I don't get how Grigorenko is getting so many votes. Look at the number of teams that passed on him. Has he really done THAT much to improve his stock relative to Galchenyuk and Forsberg since the draft?
\Datsyuk/

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Forsberg and Grigorenko were picked within one spot of eachother. Grigorenko and Yakupov were a unamious two horse race into April. If anything the margin between Galchenyuk and Grigorenko is much closer than the Poll would indicate. Also where someone is picked in the draft isnt all that important to me because all it takes is one team liking a player alittle more. 30 teams could have a player in there top 5 but that player could still end up going at 15 if the teams like one guy just alittle more. At the time it was hard to believe Koekkoek, Trouba, and to some extend Lindholm and Pouliot were picked before Forsberg and Grigorenko. We will see how it turns out for those teams. For what its worth Sabres head scout Devine was asked before the draft who he thought had a good chance to become a 1 center and he said Grigorenko is the closest they see to a 1 center and that a few other guys were in the discussion. Some scouts loved him some were not so high. At the end of the day these are 18 year olds who have along way to go still and we are at minimun 5 years away from knowing who the best is. Grigorenko has the best tool set, Galchenyuk has the most complete game with great offensive instincts, and Forsberg looks to be a promising foward (havent seen alot outside of WJR)

Last edited by 1972: 12-08-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 06:08 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Forsberg and Grigorenko were picked within one spot of eachother. Grigorenko and Yakupov were a unamious two horse race into April. If anything the margin between Galchenyuk and Grigorenko is much closer than the Poll would indicate. Also where someone is picked in the draft isnt all that important to me because all it takes is one team liking a player alittle more. 30 teams could have a player in there top 5 but that player could still end up going at 15 if the teams like one guy just alittle more. At the time it was hard to believe Koekkoek, Trouba, and to some extend Lindholm and Pouliot were picked before Forsberg and Grigorenko. We will see how it turns out for those teams. For what its worth Sabres head scout Devine was asked before the draft who he thought had a good chance to become a 1 center and he said Grigorenko is the closest they see to a 1 center and that a few other guys were in the discussion. Some scouts loved him some were not so high. At the end of the day these are 18 year olds who have along way to go still and we are at minimun 5 years away from knowing who the best is. Grigorenko has the best tool set, Galchenyuk has the most complete game with great offensive instincts, and Forsberg looks to be a promising foward (havent seen alot outside of WJR)
I would say Forsberg is the most complete player but has the least potential. Galchenyuk has a pretty big toolset too. Shot, vision, passing, speed and hands while being better all-around than Grigorenko. Grigo does have size, hands and shot on his side but is very 1 dimensional.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
CowbellConray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I would say Forsberg is the most complete player but has the least potential. Galchenyuk has a pretty big toolset too. Shot, vision, passing, speed and hands while being better all-around than Grigorenko. Grigo does have size, hands and shot on his side but is very 1 dimensional.
I would say Grigs had better vision and hands... And Grigs is known for his passing so I would say he is better in that as well...

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
he is not one dimensional, thats what people who dont see him say.

And honestly why does it really matter if he were or not? when you evaluate a 18 year old player you look at his tool set. Not how polished he is defensively because that is one of the easiest thing to teach.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:32 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Not really though. Grigorenko probably has the best vision and passing of the 2012 draft class. Not sure where you got the idea that he's a one-dimensional sniper unless you just glanced at his stat sheet.

Overall, I'd say I like him and Galchenyuk both quite a bit more than Forsberg. Not sure who will be the better player between the G's, though I'm very happy to have Grigs as a Sabre.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:43 PM
poetryinmotion

It's really too soon to tell, but you're making Habs fans look bad right now even if this thread in good faith.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
There wouldn't be too much issues for a 1 dimensional Grigs if he reaches his (out of sight) ceiling. At the moment, people are scared he will not.
Extremely unstable but could turn into an explosive offensive force. Let me introduce you Grigo-glycerin.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote