HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Saad and Leddy are on a different level and it's clear as day. Not a knock to the other players. Shaw has been fantastic all year.
No its not.

Justin Shultz is on another level in the A and its clear as day. Leddy hasnt even been the Hogs best defenseman, while Saad has been outplayed by Morin, Hayes, Beach, Shaw,Smith, Pirri, St.P.

I mean, imo, of course.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I'm sure we can find a general consensus on your opinion's value around these parts.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:08 PM
RomersWorld*

Yeah, his opinions are more worthless than Hawksfan50. At least HF50 makes a decent point every now and then... even if it takes him 10 paragraphs to do it. I've never seen Martini agree with anyone else who watches the same games will say. Pretty sure he is just a gimmick account meant to piss off other posters with outlandish and terrible player analysis.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I'm sure we can find a general consensus on your opinion's value around these parts.
I am sure you could.

But, Me, Seeing every single Hogs game this year either in person or with my cable package....

Next to

Many here who have seen bits and pieces either on Home Wolves games and illegal streams and internet stats pretty much tells me all I need to know.

So, how did you come to the conclusion that Leddy and Saad are clear as day so much better then other Hogs who have been, imo, better after watching those said games? This could be interesting......

Old
12-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

honest question to our Rockford season ticket holders:

What do you guys think about former Hogs Daryl Boyle and Peter MacArthur. As season ticket holders you should remember them. Strenghts and weaknesses?

Old
12-03-2012, 07:04 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Sure. They both possess a superior understanding of the game, vision on the ice, and poise with the puck. Whether the puck is on their stick or someone else's, they know where to be and what to do purely by instinct. That, and they've both got the skill to capitalize. Granted it's the AHL, but yes they are on another level.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Leddy stands out the most in Rockford consistently. I think he gets 'outplayed' in Martini's eyes because, at least from what I've seen, he doesn't play at the same level he does in the NHL. Sometimes it just looks too easy for him. Stanton is the only one IMO that could compete with Leddy but he just isn't as dynamic or as smart as Leddy is on the ice. It's pretty clear that Leddy is NHL material. Maybe he could afford to give it 100% every shift like Stanton, but that's my only knock on Leddy.

As far as Saad goes... I can see Martini's point. I've seen about 10 games now (a few of which Saad was out for) but when he's on his game, he's clearly on par or better than Pirri/Morin/Beach/Hayes/Shaw etc. He's just such a smart player and has all the physical talent to do extremely well in this league. The thing that makes him stand out more is the fact that he's a rookie. Pirri, Morin, Beach, Hayes and Shaw all have at least 1 more year in the pros than Saad, yet they don't stand out as much as him at times. My guess is that if Saad had a year of experience in the AHL, he would be Rockford's best player. If Saad continues to adapt to the speed/talent/size of the AHL, he'll be a sure-fire top 6 option in Chicago sooner rather than later... there's really not an aspect of his game that seems to need any significant work.

Here's how I see some of the other notable prospects:

-Piri: Such great vision and the hands to match it. If not as a center, he definitely could make it in the NHL in a scoring role at wing. I've even seen him step up his game physically, at least from last year. Aside from MSP and at times Saad, he's Rockford's best offensive option.

-Hayes: More than likely will fit in on the 3rd line in the NHL but he has underrated talent in the offensive zone. Good shot, good awareness, and deceptive speed. I'm just not sure he has the IQ to be in the right place at the right time consistently... but his size might be enough to compensate for it.

-Morin: He's got a lot of talent but sometimes it just seems like he doesn't have the vision to utilize it properly. However, other times he reads plays perfectly and really stands out. Not sure what to make of that... maybe he's still just adjusting to the AHL, or maybe he's just a streaky player. More than likely, it's the latter... but he could definitely be used in front of the net or as a secondary scoring option in the NHL, assuming he works on his skating (choppy, first 3 strides aren't very powerful).

-Shaw: Sometimes he seems downright dominant (had an amazing game against the Checkers a few nights back) and other times he's invisible. He's a pest kind of player that brings a bit of talent in Rockford. Definitely a 3rd line player in the mold of Versteeg (minus a little bit of talent ).

-Beach: Aside from his one game against the Wolves where he potted 2, I never seem to catch him when he's lighting the lamp. However, he seems to be doing it pretty consistently and his talent is apparent. At this point, I could see him adapting his game to the 3rd/4th line or I could see him boosting himself up to take a top 6 role in the NHL. From what I've seen though, I'm not sure if he'll be able to break his streakiness to be a scorer at the NHL level. Still a good option for a fill-in though and I think he'll be a great 3rd liner. He's like a less-stupid, bigger, better scoring Carcillo without the speed, IMO.

-Clendening: As a rookie, I think he's doing great. At times, he's making great passes and defensive plays... setting up scoring chances and really showing his offensive flair. Other times, he's turning the puck over, losing position and board battles. You have to take his blunders in stride considering his age and experience, but his talent is undeniable. For the first time, I'm seeing an argument for why he could potentially be a better asset than Leddy in the future. I guess it's like comparing them to Campbell... Leddy, the post-Quenneville, more defensive minded defenseman that may be underutilized offensively and Clendening, the pre-Quenneville, 'shirk your defensive assignment to take a chance' defenseman. Both could be great players in certain situations. I will say that Leddy is more than likely to be the better of the 2 though, all things considered.

Edit: Does anyone else see MSP as the Martin Havlat of the AHL? Even has the hair to match...

Old
12-07-2012, 07:10 PM
BobbyJet

Anyone know a link for tonight's game?

Old
12-07-2012, 07:18 PM
RomersWorld*

Couldn't find any links right before gametime so just paid the ridiculous $7 price for one game. You could go to the Rockford game for like that much if you get Martini's seats.

There is always the radio call online though...still better than nothing.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:21 PM
RomersWorld*

GOAL! Rob Flick...great shot. Leblanc and LAlonde the assists.

1-0 Rockford

Old
12-07-2012, 07:28 PM
BobbyJet

I can't find radio link either

Old
12-07-2012, 07:29 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
GOAL! Rob Flick...great shot. Leblanc and LAlonde the assists.

1-0 Rockford
Love to hear Flick scored.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
RomersWorld*

http://www.nta.fm/Sports/IceHogs/Eve...aspx?ID=286690

that one should work..it has for me the other games

Old
12-07-2012, 08:03 PM
RomersWorld*

Two good passes from Kruger and Saad but Morin gets stopped on a good chance.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
RomersWorld*

Ryan Ellis ties the game with a slap shot near the blueline that just found its way through.

1-1

Old
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
RomersWorld*

Milwaukee takes the lead after not getting shot on the PP. Not a good defensive play by Lalonde and a good shot in close by Bourque.

edit- right after, Milwaukee scores again. 3 goals in 5 minutes..now down 3-1

Old
12-07-2012, 09:10 PM
RomersWorld*

Incredible moves by Saad and gets a good chance but the goalie makes the stop. Then he forces a turnover which leads to another opportunity.

Hogs and specifically Saad flying out there, Saad steals the puck and passes to Lebda who fires it but hit something out in front. Hogs just keep getting the puck back and keeping control and finally Ben Smith draws a penalty. That was great to watch Saad and his line really dominate out there.

On the ensuing PP, Pirri to Clendening, with who gets pressured and passes over to Leddy. Leddy FIRES IT..GOAL! Ben Smith with screen in front.

3-2 Milwaukee now...

Old
12-07-2012, 09:21 PM
RomersWorld*

Hogs on the powerplay tied the game!!! Ben Smith I believe with another great screen and Clendening fires it on net to tie it up. Smith gets the goal on the deflection and Clendening, Leddy with assists.

3-3 now. Wow.

edit- LMAO. 10 seconds later St Pierre with an amazing pass to set up Pirri for the GOAL!

4-3 Hogs. Great game.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:41 PM
RomersWorld*

Martin St Pierre gets the empty net goal to put them away after quite a few scares...one puck actually trickled in but it was after the whistle luckily.Ben Smith with the great hustle and lead pass to give St Pierre the empty netter.

Hogs win again! Come back from down 3-1 in the 3rd period. 8 straight games with 4+ goals. That is quite a difference from earlier in the year. Still in 1st place in the division...nice.

5-3 Hogs win.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Sevanston

With his two assists tonight, Clendening moves into 5th in AHL D scoring. Only one rookie ahead of him, Justin Schultz. In overall rookie scoring, he's 4th, behind only Schultz, Sgarbossa, and Zucker.

Say what you will about the guy's defense, but if he keeps up this kind of scoring pace, he has a bright future in the pros ahead of him.

Only question now is just which pro league that future will be in. Brian Conelly has also had a bright career in the pros due to his scoring, but he still hasn't cracked the NHL.

Last edited by Sevanston: 12-07-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 11:39 PM
EbonyRaptor

What are the Rockford line combo's?

It sounds like Saad-Kruger-Morin is one line and St.Pierre-Pirri-Shaw might be another. A previous post listed Leddy-Clendening as a d-pairing. Would someone please post the Rockford line-up.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:56 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
With his two assists tonight, Clendening moves into 5th in AHL D scoring. Only one rookie ahead of him, Justin Schultz. In overall rookie scoring, he's 4th, behind only Schultz, Sgarbossa, and Zucker.

Say what you will about the guy's defense, but if he keeps up this kind of scoring pace, he has a bright future in the pros ahead of him.

Only question now is just which pro league that future will be in. Brian Conelly has also had a bright career in the pros due to his scoring, but he still hasn't cracked the NHL.
With a couple big differences being that Clendening is closer to 6', while Connelly's closer to 5'9" and from all accounts (I've only seen Clendening in Rockford once) Clendening is alot grittier than Connelly ever was/will be.

I don't expect Clendening will come close to keeping up this pace all season.. but he's gotten hot and the talent's definitely there. His skating's improved since being drafted and he's not as one dimensional as he used to be. If he continues to improve, he'll be in the NHL sooner rather than later.

Old
12-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
With a couple big differences being that Clendening is closer to 6', while Connelly's closer to 5'9" and from all accounts (I've only seen Clendening in Rockford once) Clendening is alot grittier than Connelly ever was/will be.

I don't expect Clendening will come close to keeping up this pace all season.. but he's gotten hot and the talent's definitely there. His skating's improved since being drafted and he's not as one dimensional as he used to be. If he continues to improve, he'll be in the NHL sooner rather than later.
I wasn't trying to compare them so much as I was trying to say that scoring alone won't get Clendening to the NHL.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Hawkaholic

If anyone finds a link for tonights game, please post it.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Ice Hogs vs Wolves is on Utoo tonight

Closed Thread