HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part V)

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Old MSG 79 49.07%
New MSG 82 50.93%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 05:00 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
What row was obstructed?
Row 17

Old
12-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The fact that they moved his seats confirms they still have inventory upstairs that is unsold. Probably saving them for situations such as this.
Or perhaps some people have thrown in the towel because of the lockout. Or Sandy.

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 12-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 06:56 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Or perhaps some people have thrown in the towel because of the lockout. Or Sandy.
You can't do that -- You are locked in for this year at the very least. Best case scenario for people who want out is the refund program and then not renewing in 2013.

12-01-2012, 08:37 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
i asked my rep yesterday if anyone cancelled in the upper bowl and she said they haven't allowed anyone to cancel except tho with and extreme situation and she mentioned a few got out due to hurricane Sandy

Old
12-01-2012, 09:28 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
i asked my rep yesterday if anyone cancelled in the upper bowl and she said they haven't allowed anyone to cancel except tho with and extreme situation and she mentioned a few got out due to hurricane Sandy
I'm glad MSG did the right thing and gave people full refunds if they were victims of the Hurricane. I honestly didn't expect that

Old
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
ban

Trying to post some photos (sects 209, 213, 221) but unable (says I exceed my data limit).

Thoughts:
I am very happy with the new seating, but I do not believe I am closer to ice (Was sect 338 row B, Now 209 Row 3). Again, without having to put up with walkway in front of my seats, I am happy, but am higher and I do not think closer.

NO cupholders anywhere I sat.

In center sections, each section looks a lot bigger than I imagined it would. Meaning the rows seem to go up forever. My Rangers are row 3 and my Knicks are rows 5 and 6, so I feel lucky to be near bottom.

Lots more mens rooms, but they are smaller. I think it will work out better. Set up with a clear entrance and separate exit. Already saw some A Holes using the exit to enter. As long as that is stopped will be better. If that is not stopped, it will be a madhouse since entrance/exit is narrow, and designed for one way use.

Overall like the change!

Old
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Giacomin

Where am I going to put my beer without spilling it!

Old
12-03-2012, 07:54 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I'm still wondering where those cupholders in those pictures that were posted earlier are.

12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post

Where am I going to put my beer without spilling it!
Under your seat like the rest of us.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:19 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
heading to the garden tonight to check it out, ill have plenty of pictures.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
trueblue9441

Well ill give a quick review from bottom to top, with pictures later.

The finished garden concourse was very very nice. The wood finishing around the top and the garden 366 with an event for every day of the year was nice. There was a new bar area right outside one of the escalator towers, but other than that everything was pretty much the same.

Didnt get a chance to walk around the suite level, but from the outside looking in, the new areas look really nice. A good portion of te suites aren't finished yet though.

Next, the 8th floor concourse. The ends that were finished for last season had a few new areas to buy food, and sloped upwards towards the newly finished area. Coming out of the escalator towers you need to take steps down towards the concourse. The space is much larger than what the 8th floor used to be, but as compared to the old 7th floor which most of the upper bowl used to use, I didn't feel like it was that much bigger or better. I think there were 3 men's rooms on each side and 3 women's rooms. The food offerings will be the same as the 6th floor once everything is opened. All in all, I think when there's a packed house it could get tight on this level between periods.

For whoever sat in the center 300's your seats definitely have a better sight line and feel closer. Personally, I sat jn the old 420 and my old seats felt a lot closer and lower to the ice than my new ones. I didn't sit on the camera side, but nowhere on the players benches side had cup holders. Row 1 had the TVs and more leg space and the drink rail, along with cup holders attached to the arm rest. Row 2 had slightly more leg room. But I think the rows are a bit tighter than they used to be.

The blue seats didnt have any bathrooms but had 3 concession areas.

Above the seats on both the camera and bench side were elevators, bar stool seating and a handicapped area. There were also a few concession areas. No bathrooms up there.

From my view in row 19 the bridges will definitely have an impact on the scoreboard. I'm not looking forward to that.

All in all, I give it a 5/10. I think the areas for the well off got a huge improvement. The average fan got the shaft once again. It's not that much better for us.

Also tower b was closed on every floor. Not sure why.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
Well ill give a quick review from bottom to top, with pictures later.

The finished garden concourse was very very nice. The wood finishing around the top and the garden 366 with an event for every day of the year was nice. There was a new bar area right outside one of the escalator towers, but other than that everything was pretty much the same.

Didnt get a chance to walk around the suite level, but from the outside looking in, the new areas look really nice. A good portion of te suites aren't finished yet though.

Next, the 8th floor concourse. The ends that were finished for last season had a few new areas to buy food, and sloped upwards towards the newly finished area. Coming out of the escalator towers you need to take steps down towards the concourse. The space is much larger than what the 8th floor used to be, but as compared to the old 7th floor which most of the upper bowl used to use, I didn't feel like it was that much bigger or better. I think there were 3 men's rooms on each side and 3 women's rooms. The food offerings will be the same as the 6th floor once everything is opened. All in all, I think when there's a packed house it could get tight on this level between periods.

For whoever sat in the center 300's your seats definitely have a better sight line and feel closer. Personally, I sat jn the old 420 and my old seats felt a lot closer and lower to the ice than my new ones. I didn't sit on the camera side, but nowhere on the players benches side had cup holders. Row 1 had the TVs and more leg space and the drink rail, along with cup holders attached to the arm rest. Row 2 had slightly more leg room. But I think the rows are a bit tighter than they used to be.

The blue seats didnt have any bathrooms but had 3 concession areas.

Above the seats on both the camera and bench side were elevators, bar stool seating and a handicapped area. There were also a few concession areas. No bathrooms up there.

From my view in row 19 the bridges will definitely have an impact on the scoreboard. I'm not looking forward to that.

All in all, I give it a 5/10. I think the areas for the well off got a huge improvement. The average fan got the shaft once again. It's not that much better for us.

Also tower b was closed on every floor. Not sure why.
Tower B was closed last week as well. I don't think it's completed yet. There's also a bathroom behind the blue seats for men at least but it wasn't big at all. Pretty much like an old bathroom on the old 400's level.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
nevesis

Looking forward to your pics Mike

Old
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

dont know if this is the appropriate thread to post this but

There is going to be a charity hockey game at the garden on 12/22 @ 6pm for hurricane Sandy its between the FDNY and NYPD

I've been going to there annual game since i was 4 and it is always a great time

Old
12-05-2012, 12:05 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
dont know if this is the appropriate thread to post this but

There is going to be a charity hockey game at the garden on 12/22 @ 6pm for hurricane Sandy its between the FDNY and NYPD

I've been going to there annual game since i was 4 and it is always a great time
Did they just book that? That was another date there was supposed to be a Ranger home game.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Did they just book that? That was another date there was supposed to be a Ranger home game.
it was just announced today

Old
12-05-2012, 12:34 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Schedule is going to completely change, so all dates have been released until they either play or cancel the entire thing.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
Schedule is going to completely change, so all dates have been released until they either play or cancel the entire thing.
Opponents wise they will certainly change since they have to come up with a new schedule but a lot of the dates will stay the same for the Rangers at least since MSG doesn't have a lot of flexibility in their schedule.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:15 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Opponents wise they will certainly change since they have to come up with a new schedule but a lot of the dates will stay the same for the Rangers at least since MSG doesn't have a lot of flexibility in their schedule.
If the date stays the same, the opponent most usually stays the same. The exception might be if they cancel all games against the Western Conference

Old
12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Some dates will probably remain, but some will be different -- and opponents are likely to change. The entire schedule is likely to be completely different from the one released in July.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
If the date stays the same, the opponent most usually stays the same. The exception might be if they cancel all games against the Western Conference
Not only that. You need to play an equal amount of games against each division team, and another equal amount against teams in your conference. I mean, we didn't play Boston until December last year. We'd have 4 games left against them, and maybe 1 game left against the Panthers, for example. The schedule needs to be entirely redone.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
The schedule needs to be entirely redone.
No it doesn't, see NBA lockout 12 months ago

12/25 Boston Celtics - no change
1/2 Toronto Raptors - no change
1/4 Atlanta Hawks - RESCHEDULED
1/9 Houston Rockets - RESCHEDULED
1/16 Sacramento Kings - RESCHEDULED
1/18 Phoenix Suns - no change
1/21 Charlotte Bobcats - RESCHEDULED
1/23 Cleveland Cavaliers - RESCHEDULED
1/31 Detroit Pistons - no change
2/2 Chicago Bulls - RESCHEDULED
2/4 New Jersey Nets - RESCHEDULED
2/6 Orlando Magic - RESCHEDULED
2/10 LA Lakers - no change
2/17 New Orleans Hornets - no change
2/19 Dallas Mavericks - RESCHEDULED
2/29 Golden State Warriors - RESCHEDULED
3/11 Philadelphia 76ers - no change
3/14 Portland Trailblazers - no change
3/16 New Jersey Nets - RESCHEDULED
3/20 Toronto Raptors - no change
3/24 Detroit Pistons - no change
3/26 Milwaukee Bucks - no change
3/28 Denver Nuggets - RESCHEDULED
3/31 Cleveland Cavaliers - no change
4/8 Chicago Bulls - no change
4/13 Washington Wizards - no change
4/15 Miami Heat - no change
4/17 Boston Celtics - no change

Only 12 of 28 Knicks home games rescheduled (43%)

Last edited by GordonGecko: 12-05-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 09:36 AM
trueblue9441

guys sorry im going to get my pictures up hopefully tonight

Old
12-08-2012, 07:29 PM
ratdog07067

Just an FYI, in case anyone is interested, but tickets for the FDNY/NYPD hockey game are available for presale at http://stanleefoundation.ticketleap.com/nypdvfdny2012/

Pricing chart-

It looks like it's general admission within the section (I got 4 and the ticket says 200 Center Front).

With the presale it's only a $2/ticket surcahrge. They go on Ticketmaster when presale runs out.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 800
Anyone know if this is a trusted website? I never heard of it..