HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly on the move? (Mod-Warning Post#200)

Old
12-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
We currently can match any offer given to O'reilly, we have 16m in cap space
Clearly the Avs have a budget if they didnt sign him before the lockout and now that he has pulled this out as bargaining power. The Avs could sign him to whatever, but Im sure they have a limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I don't think Chicago is in position to offer sheet anyone, considering the 17 players they have signed for next year has a $57M cap hit. The cap will go down in the new CBA.

Meanwhile Avs have 19 players signed for a $47M cap hit next year.
I'm not nessecarily talking about the Hawks, but they could find space if needed. Montador, Frolik, Hjalmarsson etc can be bought out or traded to make room.
Just because the Avs have all of that space, doesn't mean they will use it.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Clearly the Avs have a budget if they didnt sign him before the lockout and now that he has pulled this out as bargaining power. The Avs could sign him to whatever, but Im sure they have a limit.

I'm not nessecarily talking about the Hawks, but they could find space if needed. Montador, Frolik, Hjalmarsson etc can be bought out or traded to make room.
Just because the Avs have all of that space, doesn't mean they will use it.
Well Subban hasn't been signed to a contract so does that mean Montreal is on a budget which by your reasoning would mean they are. Go ahead and offer sheet him and see what happens. Just because Sherman doesn't spend to the cap in order to get a top 5 pick doesn't mean there's a budget. Sorry we don't spend $7millon on Gomez or $4.5million on Komisarek. Personally would rather not get stuck in cap hell by signing Leino or other worthless players to massive contracts.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 03:36 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd rather offer sheet him something that the Avs can't afford to match.
The Avs could match anything offered for him.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Ricky Bobby

A deal around Fedor Tyutin would fit the bill as a top pairing dman.

Blue Jackets have added Wisniewski, Johnson, Murray, Erixon, Niktin well only losing Methot from the D core.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I'd send Marc-Edouard Vlasic to the Avs for O'Reilly.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:04 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Interesting. I always thought Sharks fans had him off the table. That, and I thought the Sharks were pretty solid up the middle.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:22 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
I'd probably take that

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:21 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Interesting. I always thought Sharks fans had him off the table. That, and I thought the Sharks were pretty solid up the middle.
He's my second most untouchable Shark. I just really like O-Reilly that much.

As to the center thing, Marleau, Couture, and Pavelski are all capable of playing wing.

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Couture-O'Reilly-Havlat
Clowe-XXX-Wingels

Just need a solid #3C and wowza. Plus, we need young top-6 forwards like burning.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 50
Quote:

As to the center thing, Marleau, Couture, and Pavelski are all capable of playing wing.

Couture-O'Reilly-Havlat
Clowe-XXX-Wingels

Just need a solid #3C and wowza. Plus, we need young top-6 forwards like burning.
Where's McGinn?

Rhaego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:32 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:

Couture-O'Reilly-Havlat
Clowe-XXX-Wingels

Who's one? Burns? Because as an Islander fan those would be my top two targets from the Sharks.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:32 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Who's one? Burns? Because as an Islander fan those would be my top two targets from the Sharks.
Yeah Burns.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

I am not saying I would do it but what would both fan bases (or anyone else) think of this:

Ryan O'Reilly
Greg Zanon

Marc Staal
Brian Boyle

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I3ig13ig

To everyone who doesn't feel like reading the last 8 pages. A summary:

At the beginning of the thread, an Avs fan stated they would maybe move RoR for a top pairing dman. Toronto comes along and offers Gardiner, a first year player who led all rookie dmen and led in hits, had 30 points with obvious top pairing potential, and then that same Avs fan said no? Was Shea Webber the expected return or something? Then there was just a couple fans who were just being disrespectful with responces and what not. Arguments ensued back and forth for a long time with no other really offers being made except for the last two or so pages.

Now, my analysis of Ryan O'Rielly:

I think that the Avs, while have a great talent in RoR, are overating him quite a bit.
a) He is unsigned.
b) He has only had one good season. Its not like he has been a consistant producer all his career.
c) His choice to take a 2 year contract is a potential problem whether anyone wants to admit it or not. You don't see any other unsigned RFA's signing multiyear deals in other leagues just because a contract wasnt hammered out before the lockout.

One fan offered Edler (Which I thought was ridiculous) and then it was replied with "Only if he is resigned." I'm sorry, but RoR, who by all means had a great season, is not worth a resigned top pairing, reliable and consistant dman like Edler. You know what youre getting with Edler. RoR has only had one good season. The rest were 26 points. Yes he is young, but until he puts up at least another season as good or better than the last, he will not command that kind of return from another team.

From the Oilers, while my fellow fans may not like it, I would offer:

Gagner + 1st Round Selection on 2013

for

Ryan O'Rielly + Joey Hishon + 4th Round Pick in 2012

That deal is contigent on there being no NHL season played this year.

Last edited by I3ig13ig: 12-08-2012 at 11:32 PM.
I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post

At the beginning of the thread, an Avs fan stated they would maybe move RoR for a top pairing dman. Toronto comes along and offers Gardiner, a first year player who led all rookie dmen and led in hits, had 30 points with obvious top pairing potential, and then that same Avs fan said no? Was Shea Webber the expected return or something? Then there was just a couple fans who were just being disrespectful with responces and what not.

I think that the Avs, while have a great talent in RoR, are overating him quite a bit.
a) He is unsigned.
b) He has only had one good season. Its not like he has been a consistant producer all his career.
c) His choice to take a 2 year contract is a potential problem whether anyone wants to admit it or not. You don't see any other unsigned RFA's signing multiyear deals in other leagues just because a contract wasnt hammered out before the lockout.

One fan offered Edler (Which I thought was ridiculous) and then it was replied with "Only if he is resigned. I'm sorry, but RoR, who by all means had a great season, is not worth a resigned top pairing, reliable and consistant dman like Edler. You know what youre getting with Edler. RoR has only had one good season. The rest were 26 points. Yes he is young, but until he puts up at least another season as good or better than the last, he will not command that kind of return from another team.

Gagner + 1st Round Selection on 2012

for

I don't think any GM in the league would trade ROR for an unsigned Edler. That is terrible asset management.

*BTW, I love how you bash him and then offer a proposal for him.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Good trade, I would definitely think long and hard about that.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

At the beginning of the thread, an Avs fan stated they would maybe move RoR for a top pairing dman. Toronto comes along and offers Gardiner, a first year player who led all rookie dmen and led in hits, had 30 points with obvious top pairing potential, and then that same Avs fan said no? Was Shea Webber the expected return or something? Then there was just a couple fans who were just being disrespectful with responces and what not. Arguments ensued back and forth for a long time with no other really offers being made except for the last two or so pages.

a) He is unsigned.

One fan offered Edler (Which I thought was ridiculous) and then it was replied with "Only if he is resigned. I'm sorry, but RoR, who by all means had a great season, is not worth a resigned top pairing, reliable and consistant dman like Edler. You know what youre getting with Edler. RoR has only had one good season. The rest were 26 points. Yes he is young, but until he puts up at least another season as good or better than the last, he will not command that kind of return from another team.

for

You're laughing at Avs fans for saying to a defensman that could easily walk as a UFA assuming we even have a season, or that we could just try and sign in FA?? I understand where you're coming from with most of this, but that really confused me. Trading someone like ROR for a FA would be horrible.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:

a) He is unsigned.

Bingo. The irony is they were saying Gardiner is unproven because he only had one great season. But ROR one great season trumps him and he automatically will be the better player.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Of COL wants a top pairing defenseman for O'Rielly they are going to have to add a little bit or all they're gonna get are offers for guys like Gardiner.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:20 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Good trade, I would definitely think long and hard about that.
You wouldn't have to think too hard, I'd imagine. IMO that is a steal for Colorado.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
You're laughing at Avs fans for saying to a defensman that could easily walk as a UFA assuming we even have a season, or that we could just try and sign in FA?? I understand where you're coming from with most of this, but that really confused me. Trading someone like ROR for a FA would be horrible.
I understand your logic with the UFA and what not. While I agree it would be dumb to trade RoR for an unsigned Edler, I think it would be equally dumb for Vancouver to trade him signed. I just personally feel a signed Edler would be more valuable to Vancouver than RoR would.

It wasnt more so a proposal saying that they would be stupid not to trade for an unsigned Edler, just making a point that Vancouver really wouldnt have incentive to trade him if he was signed. Know what I mean?

Old
12-08-2012, 07:24 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
Of COL wants a top pairing defenseman for O'Rielly they are going to have to add a little bit or all they're gonna get are offers for guys like Gardiner.
There is a pretty big difference, considering O'Reilly did most of his developing in the NHL, while Gardiner took the college-AHL route. Nothing against Gardiner though, I think he's been underrated quite a bit in this thread, but ROR "only" having one good season really shouldn't hinder his value, considering he's only 21 years old(was 20 during his breakout season).

Old
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:

a) He is unsigned.

One fan offered Edler (Which I thought was ridiculous) and then it was replied with "Only if he is resigned." I'm sorry, but RoR, who by all means had a great season, is not worth a resigned top pairing, reliable and consistant dman like Edler. You know what youre getting with Edler. RoR has only had one good season. The rest were 26 points. Yes he is young, but until he puts up at least another season as good or better than the last, he will not command that kind of return from another team.

for

As an Avs fan I'd probably do that. I know we need the D-man, but we could always flip Yakupov somewhere else for that D-man.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
I don't think any GM in the league would trade ROR for an unsigned Edler. That is terrible asset management.

*BTW, I love how you bash him and then offer a proposal for him.
I don't think any GM in the league would trade a signed Edler for RoR. See what Im getting at here? I didn't imply that any GM should trade RoR for an unsigned Edler.

I didn't "bash" O'Rielly. I just don't agree with the way some fans are valuing him in this thread. Just because I disagree and state why, doesn't mean I don't like him or acknowledge him talent.

My proposal wasn't to one particular fan either, which is why I didn't quote anybody or name anyone. It was to everyone. Hence it being in a trade forum.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
I understand your logic with the UFA and what not. While I agree it would be dumb to trade RoR for an unsigned Edler, I think it would be equally dumb for Vancouver to trade him signed. I just personally feel a signed Edler would be more valuable to Vancouver than RoR would.

It wasnt more so a proposal saying that they would be stupid not to trade for an unsigned Edler, just making a point that Vancouver really wouldnt have incentive to trade him if he was signed. Know what I mean?
Yes...Vancouver would not do a signed Edler, but nor would we even consider an unsigned Edler. For a deal based around ROR/Edler, we would need a signed Edler, even if the value would be off. Basically, there is no deal to be made around those two. Unsigned Edler is to little, signed Edler is to much.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
PAZ

Quote:

a) He is unsigned.

for

So you read the whole thread, see what we asked for, and then offer a forward and a pick? I'm wondering where this logic is...

As for the value, there has been a Preds fan that has offered Josi + mid prospect, and a Sharks fan that said he would think about offering Vlasic for O'Reilly. So basically what your posts is saying is 'I skimmed through the thread, didn't take in other posters opinions, offered something that clearly doesn't help the other team (and in turn is a lot worse than the other offers) and completely disregards the decent offers in the summary. Yup, definitely an Oilers fan.

Last note regarding Edler. A sign and trade is completely plausible, considering Edler is going to be seeing a decent raise unless he decides to take a huge hometown discount. With the cap going down, it's not as unlikely as it seems. I do believe Vancouver would rather dump some salary and resign Edler, but if he's asking to much they might ship him out.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote