HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Homer statement of the year?

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 08:55 PM
st_roland

vCash: 500
Homer statement of the year?

I nominate these classics:

"Tanguay is a leech. His point totals are severely bloated.

You saying you want guys like Regehr and Leopold for Tanguay is like me asking for Derek Morris or Milan Hejduk in return for Gauthier. Ridiculous."

Hmm...I like this one too:

"Gauthier is not a "depth" defenseman. On 70% of nhl teams, he is a top 4 defenceman. Just because he is a #5 in Calgary does not mean he is a #5 league wide.

Hell, if he were on the Leafs, he'd be their number two guy. On most teams though, he is a three or a four guy."

Right, So who is he better than, Kaberle or McCabe?
Wait, it gets better:

"Obviously Detroit has the better overall defense, and overall better top 4, but while Detroit has three very good dmen and a mediocre one, Boston has four decent ones. That makes the depth charts as so:

Lidstrom
Chelios
Fischer
Gauthier
Schneider"

Gauthier ahead of Schneider? Homer says what? Eh, anyhow, post your homer statements of the year here, just leave off the names so no one is embaressed.

Old
12-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Fantasywonder

South-central, for everything he spits out..

Old
12-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasywonder
South-central, for everything he spits out..
Didn't he say no names?

Old
12-09-2003, 09:07 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
That guy who kept posting about players Diving, he was frickin' annoying.

All i have for him is:

[IMG]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/****7.jpg[/IMG]

Also all those guys that started the threads about Pens needing to fold and the oilers needing to fold....i didn't forget y'all either.

[IMG]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/****3.jpg[/IMG]
Not exactly homer-istic topics.

Old
12-09-2003, 09:09 PM
evman150*

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
I nominate these classics:

"Tanguay is a leech. His point totals are severely bloated.

You saying you want guys like Regehr and Leopold for Tanguay is like me asking for Derek Morris or Milan Hejduk in return for Gauthier. Ridiculous."

Hmm...I like this one too:

"Gauthier is not a "depth" defenseman. On 70% of nhl teams, he is a top 4 defenceman. Just because he is a #5 in Calgary does not mean he is a #5 league wide.

Hell, if he were on the Leafs, he'd be their number two guy. On most teams though, he is a three or a four guy."

Right, So who is he better than, Kaberle or McCabe?
Wait, it gets better:

"Obviously Detroit has the better overall defense, and overall better top 4, but while Detroit has three very good dmen and a mediocre one, Boston has four decent ones. That makes the depth charts as so:

Lidstrom
Chelios
Fischer
Gauthier
Schneider"

Gauthier ahead of Schneider? Homer says what? Eh, anyhow, post your homer statements of the year here, just leave off the names so no one is embaressed.
You took two of the three quotes HORRIBLY out of context. The Tanguay one was made before his breakout year this year, where he has proved me wrong (so far). He has been a leech through his career, but is breaking out on his own just this year.

And the Morris/Hejduk thing was merely a comparison using the players which best fit the tanguay/regehr trade proposal. It was by no means comparing a Jordan Leopold to a Milan Hejduk. And you know it. Again, taken HORRIBLY out of context.

I still agree with the Gauthier comment. He is #5 on the flames, but #4 on a lot of teasm in the league. And he would have been the leafs #2 dman, at the time of this quote, considering McCabe was INJURED. But you didn't seem to grasp that concept then, and you obviously don't grasp it now.

I don't like Mathieu Schneider - if that makes me a homer, guilty as charged! I happen to think Schneider is very overrated, and is just not that effective. That's just my opinion though, of course.

You seem to think I'm the biggest homer on these boards. I think most people who have been here longer than you and don't have a hate-on for me will tell you I'm a pretty objective guy, which I consider myself to be, most of the time.

Your arguments are misinformed, misguided, rude and obnoxious, as usual.

Old
12-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

But what's funny is that as soon as Gauthier donned an Avs sweater, he would instanly be one of the best in the league.

Gauthier is one of the most under-rated defensemen in the league, and he would make any team in this league better whether he played the role of a #6 or a #2

Old
12-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
Gauthier is wicked, he's got the art of hip checking down. On the pens he'd be our #1 defensemen, a mentor to Orpik and a guy that would light a fire under Melichar to finally start hitting again.

I hate how some players that were considered crap all of a sudden turn into some great player cuz he's on a certain team or on some guy's favourite team. I find that really stupid, Moran sucks no matter where he goes, Buchberger will never be a great fighter anywhere, and Isbister will never be a consistent goal scorer...
Yeah but you gotta love Bucky though. He'll take a beating for his team. He doesn't care. Win or lose he'll fight anybody to protect teamates or to get the team going.

Old
12-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Frolov

Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
You took two of the three quotes HORRIBLY out of context. The Tanguay one was made before his breakout year this year, where he has proved me wrong (so far). He has been a leech through his career, but is breaking out on his own just this year.

And the Morris/Hejduk thing was merely a comparison using the players which best fit the tanguay/regehr trade proposal. It was by no means comparing a Jordan Leopold to a Milan Hejduk. And you know it. Again, taken HORRIBLY out of context.

I still agree with the Gauthier comment. He is #5 on the flames, but #4 on a lot of teasm in the league. And he would have been the leafs #2 dman, at the time of this quote, considering McCabe was INJURED. But you didn't seem to grasp that concept then, and you obviously don't grasp it now.

I don't like Mathieu Schneider - if that makes me a homer, guilty as charged! I happen to think Schneider is very overrated, and is just not that effective. That's just my opinion though, of course.

You seem to think I'm the biggest homer on these boards. I think most people who have been here longer than you and don't have a hate-on for me will tell you I'm a pretty objective guy, which I consider myself to be, most of the time.

Your arguments are misinformed, misguided, rude and obnoxious, as usual.

I agree with this.

Old
12-10-2003, 04:21 AM
Sotnos

This board is to discuss HOCKEY, not other posters.

Closed Thread