HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 05:26 AM
  #626
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused To Death View Post
Is Blomstrand a Gradin pick?
Probably - he scouts Sweden first and foremost doesn't he?

vanuck is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 11:27 AM
  #627
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused To Death View Post
Is Blomstrand a Gradin pick?
Yes.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 11:35 AM
  #628
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
They took it down. The good news is that they have now posted the highlights: http://www.almtuna.com/nyheter/l7xzarp9dx (Blomstrand's two goals at 0:55 and 2:17.)

Looks like an interesting player from those highlights. His skating seems effortless and that shot was very good. Would like to see more of him and hope he can stay on that 1st line.
Nice size and speed, nice shot as well.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
  #629
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,044
vCash: 500
Was browsing some more through the site of Blomstrand's club. They're a really bad team (2nd to last) and it appears that they acquired Blomstrand to play on their 1st line. That's where he has been since Game 1. He also plays on the first unit of both PP and PK. Also, Jhonas Enroth is their goaltender. All in all, seems like a great opportunity for him to develop and he's certainly taking advantage of it so far.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
  #630
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,941
vCash: 500
Sudbury was down 3-1, but roared back to take the lead 4-3. Corrado with a PP assist on that 4th goal.

timw33 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 09:50 PM
  #631
BerSTUzzi
Registered User
 
BerSTUzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Sudbury was down 3-1, but roared back to take the lead 4-3. Corrado with a PP assist on that 4th goal.
Gaunce with another goal tonight.

BerSTUzzi is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:12 PM
  #632
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Mexico
Posts: 8,138
vCash: 50
1G for Jeremy Price tonight

McNally didn't suit up for Harvard tonight, maybe he's injured.

Tim Calhoun is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:45 PM
  #633
B-rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Gaunce with another goal tonight.
He seems to be good for at least a goal or assist every game. If he can put together some games with multi-points he should start to get his stats up to and above ppg. Pretty good considering his team is low scoring and I don't think he's got much to work with either.

B-rock is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 11:07 PM
  #634
ihaveyuidonttouchme
Registered User
 
ihaveyuidonttouchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 0
McEneny was solid tonight . Saw a ton of 1st unit pp ice time, paired with Murphy and he's actually pretty good at running it to my surprise

ihaveyuidonttouchme is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 11:53 PM
  #635
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
McEneny was solid tonight . Saw a ton of 1st unit pp ice time, paired with Murphy and he's actually pretty good at running it to my surprise
after that abysmal Chicago game, the brightest spots seem to be in the O right now.

Wisp is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 11:55 PM
  #636
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
1G for Jeremy Price tonight

McNally didn't suit up for Harvard tonight, maybe he's injured.
An assist for Myron with BU too. Curious about McNally, they haven't played in like three weeks, wonder what the story is.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 12:13 AM
  #637
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
1G for Jeremy Price tonight

McNally didn't suit up for Harvard tonight, maybe he's injured.
Read something on CDC and had to check. He is removed from the roster on the Harvard website. Any thoughts/news or opinions on this? Considering he was planning on staying 4 years, this seems a bit weird, is sort of a mystery and a bit surprising if he is indeed leaving either Harvard or the NCAA. And from what i read, he is a good student so i have no clue right now. Baffled but probably jumping to conclusions!

If he is leaving, i think it is much too soon. Here's to hoping it was just someone who screwed up the roster on the website and he is just resting for one game.


Last edited by thefeebster: 12-08-2012 at 12:34 AM.
thefeebster is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 12:59 AM
  #638
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Read something on CDC and had to check. He is removed from the roster on the Harvard website. Any thoughts/news or opinions on this? Considering he was planning on staying 4 years, this seems a bit weird, is sort of a mystery and a bit surprising if he is indeed leaving either Harvard or the NCAA. And from what i read, he is a good student so i have no clue right now. Baffled but probably jumping to conclusions!

If he is leaving, i think it is much too soon. Here's to hoping it was just someone who screwed up the roster on the website and he is just resting for one game.
Damn I saw a feebster post and thought it would be all cleared up; removed from the website though? Wth? Hopefully more info in the morning.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 09:11 AM
  #639
Southern_Canuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
I hope McNally was not enrolled in Gov 1310 in the spring:

Cheating Scandal

It seems there are a bunch of Harvard student athletes that are being "forced to withdraw" for a year... including the captain of the basketball team, and several football players.

...just trying to do some sleuthing - I don't know if this includes McNally at all.

S_C


Last edited by Southern_Canuck: 12-08-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Southern_Canuck is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 09:52 AM
  #640
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Canuck View Post
I hope McNally was not enrolled in Gov 1310 in the spring:

Cheating Scandal

It seems there are a bunch of Harvard student athletes that are being "forced to withdraw" for a year... including the captain of the basketball team, and several football players.

...just trying to do some sleuthing - I don't know if this includes McNally at all.

S_C
Edit: Ok, after some more digging, I think their roster page might just be generated based on the latest line-up. Max Everson is also missing from roster and he also missed the last game, but they're all listed on the line-up page.


Last edited by Tiranis: 12-08-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
  #641
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Mexico
Posts: 8,138
vCash: 50
Corrado with his 4th goal of the season.

Price with another assist.

Tim Calhoun is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 09:29 PM
  #642
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Stanchion with an assist for Rochester tonight. Guess he must have gone over to Buffalo with Hodgson at the deadline and none of us noticed.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:51 AM
  #643
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Labate finally got his first goal of the season tonight.

I asked the Harvard fans at the USCHO boards about McNally. They don't know any more than we do, but two other guys are also gone from the roster.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:03 AM
  #644
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Corrado with his 4th goal of the season.

Price with another assist.
Puts Corrado into 7th in OHL defensmen scoring!

And Price has hit a bit of a hot streak; 3-2-5 in his last 7 games. Leads his team with a +7. I think at the very least we will see him on the Wolves/whatever our affiliate is next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I asked the Harvard fans at the USCHO boards about McNally. They don't know any more than we do, but two other guys are also gone from the roster.
Read your question there. The responses seem ominous as if they know they are not coming back this season. There's a reason why he was taken off the roster. Perhaps SC is on to something. Gut might be acting up again, but this smells bad.

Also, Max Everson, another guy missing from the roster:

Quote:
Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN
Harvard soph d-man Max Everson is no longer listed on the Crimson's roster. It appears he has left the program. Will try to find out more.
Quote:
Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN
On Max Everson ... RT @HuskyHockeyNews: I believe the Omaha Lancers added him to their protected list sometime last week


Last edited by thefeebster: 12-09-2012 at 01:24 AM.
thefeebster is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:08 AM
  #645
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,789
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Corrado with his 4th goal of the season.

Price with another assist.
good to hear!

LPH is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:26 AM
  #646
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,044
vCash: 500
How is it that everyone already knows everything about Max Everson even though he's a ****** prospect yet our great hockey reporters can't find out anything about McNally? Truly useless bunch.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:37 AM
  #647
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Labate finally got his first goal of the season tonight.

I asked the Harvard fans at the USCHO boards about McNally. They don't know any more than we do, but two other guys are also gone from the roster.
They are playing that game on thescore tomorrow morning.

Set your pvr's.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 02:16 AM
  #648
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING
 
Hansen 36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,343
vCash: 500
After tonight's Wolves (CHI) game, I think that if we get a pick from 15-25 in the draft lottery (I've written off the season now..) we need to draft Nikita Zadorov. For those who don't know about him, he's a 6'5 230lbs defenseman who plays a great all around game, he's tough but can move well for his size and I think he would complement our prospect pool very well. Only knock is that he's left handed.

Hansen 36 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 02:22 AM
  #649
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Hows purple grimace doing?

Crows* is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 02:24 AM
  #650
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,231
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
After tonight's Wolves (CHI) game, I think that if we get a pick from 15-25 in the draft lottery (I've written off the season now..) we need to draft Nikita Zadorov. For those who don't know about him, he's a 6'5 230lbs defenseman who plays a great all around game, he's tough but can move well for his size and I think he would complement our prospect pool very well. Only knock is that he's left handed.
Darnell Nurse plays a similar game. Although to be honest Josh Morrissey is my favourite "mid 1st round" defenseman.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.