HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rene Bourque

Old
12-08-2012, 11:52 AM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Rene Bourque

If the season is lost, Montreal may be looking to trade Bourque and his salary for a 3rd line winger and bottom 4 defensive D-man.

What would be a decent return? I was thinking something like Jamie McGinn and Ryan Wilson from Colorado. Good? If not what has to be added?

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:10 PM
SnapVirus

Too much.

If we trade Bourque at the Deadline it would be for a 3 round pick. Maybe second if our new Gm is the real deal in negociation.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:36 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
If the season is lost, Montreal may be looking to trade Bourque and his salary for a 3rd line winger and bottom 4 defensive D-man.

What would be a decent return? I was thinking something like Jamie McGinn and Ryan Wilson from Colorado. Good? If not what has to be added?
Way too much. You'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him at this point because of his salary. He's also missed quite a few games, hasn't he?

Colorado wouldn't give you McGinn alone for Bourque, let alone add to him. McGinn is their borderline 1st, solid 2nd line forward for them.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:15 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Way too much. You'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him at this point because of his salary. He's also missed quite a few games, hasn't he?

Colorado wouldn't give you McGinn alone for Bourque, let alone add to him. McGinn is their borderline 1st, solid 2nd line forward for them.
Yeah I realized that after I started the pole. I dont think a bottom 4 D and 3rd liner is too much for Bourque but McGinn isnt exactly a 3rd liner.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:17 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Too much.

If we trade Bourque at the Deadline it would be for a 3 round pick. Maybe second if our new Gm is the real deal in negociation.
I think a 2nd can be squeezed out from a team for Bourque. Maybe add something like Weber and go get a 2nd pairing D-man?

Old
12-08-2012, 04:22 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Matt Hunwick, hell, not even that.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Lebowski

I don't get the urge to deal Bourque. He's not taking much on the cap and is a proven goal scorer. He didn't perform as expected last season, but I think we need to give him more time. if he can be a 25+ goal scorer for us in the next couple of years, why would we trade him while his value is at its lowest? It's not like we have a bunch of talented wingers ready to assume his offensive duties on the 2nd or 3rd line anyway.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Not available for what would be offered for him.

Next.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:00 PM
poetryinmotion

Montreal NEEDS Bourque aka top 6 wingers. If he can re-gain his form he is very valuable to us. We have enough third line wingers and bottom pairing defensemen. I swear if some people had their way they would turn us into a team full of grinders.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:06 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Montreal NEEDS Bourque aka top 6 wingers. If he can re-gain his form he is very valuable to us. We have enough third line wingers and bottom pairing defensemen. I swear if some people had their way they would turn us into a team full of grinders.
Ok so next season if we would get McGinn and Wilson:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Galchenyuk-plekanec-Gionta
McGinn-Eller-Leblanc
Moen-White-Prust

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Wilson
Diaz-Emelin

Why is that a team full of grinders?

Old
12-08-2012, 05:19 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:

McGinn-Eller-Leblanc
Moen-White-Prust

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Wilson
Diaz-Emelin

Only becaues you have Galchenyuk graduating, that changes a lot and you didn't mention that anywhere. Still, if Bourque can be motivated under Therrien he is very valuable to our team. Also, you won't get both of those pieces for him after the season Bourque had.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Ashasx

Bourque must have negative value now. Montreal would be better off holding on to him in hopes that he starts caring.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I don't get the urge to deal Bourque. He's not taking much on the cap and is a proven goal scorer. He didn't perform as expected last season, but I think we need to give him more time. if he can be a 25+ goal scorer for us in the next couple of years, why would we trade him while his value is at its lowest? It's not like we have a bunch of talented wingers ready to assume his offensive duties on the 2nd or 3rd line anyway.
Bourque's a deadbeat and his heart hasn't been in the game for a few years now. Time to move on.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Keith Ballard straight up.

Seatoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Bourque's a deadbeat and his heart hasn't been in the game for a few years now. Time to move on.
Time to move on? After 38 games?

His heart hasn't been there for a while? Well then, I wonder what he'll look like once he puts some effort into it, because he's a guy who has averaged roughly a 30 goals pace from from 2008 to 2011.

What's the point of trading him for a 3rd rounder? We won't be able to get a valuable asset for him, so we might as well keep him and hope he'll bounce back.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Time to move on? After 38 games?

His heart hasn't been there for a while? Well then, I wonder what he'll look like once he puts some effort into it, because he's a guy who has averaged roughly a 30 goals pace from from 2008 to 2011.

What's the point of trading him for a 3rd rounder? We won't be able to get a valuable asset for him, so we might as well keep him and hope he'll bounce back.
Why do you think Calgary traded him? If Calgary thought he could be salvaged they would of kept him.

I used to like the way he played a few years ago, too, but sadly I think those days are long gone. A few long-time Calgary fans warned us when we traded for him what they thought would happen and it more or less came true.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Yeah, you're right. I mean, he only scored 27 goals his last 2 season in Calgary and then had 18 while sucking pretty much all year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Right now, that would be a deal that could go through. Personally, I think Bourque is more of a fit than Ballard.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Right now, that would be a deal that could go through. Personally, I think Bourque is more of a fit than Ballard.
Problem for Problem tbh but I'd be interested to see how it would work out if this did happen.

Seatoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Problem for Problem tbh but I'd be interested to see how it would work out if this did happen.
Pretty much. Habs could use a more experienced Dman. Ballard along with Subban and Emelin would definitely force the opposition to keep their head up.

It's a deal that if it did go through and I wouldn't be too upset.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Bourque might or might not rebound, who knows, but I don't think that even if he does rebound that he's an especially valuable player. A wishy-washy forward who could score 20 goals - sad for the Habs that they could actually use that, but indeed the Habs could use that. If the season does start up and if Bourque is healthy enough for it, they'll pretty much have to try him and see if he can help. If he can't, if he plays like last season as a Hab - then his value is zero/negative, basically down to finding out if some other team is willing to trade off his contract vs. their own reclamation hopes for him. If he does bounce back... at most he's worth his cap space, and cap space could be at a premium for many teams in a reduced-cap new CBA, so I doubt he'd be easily moved.

If his return carries ambiguous results, I'd take a 5th rounder for him if some other team wanted to take the gamble on him bouncing back after the season is over. But wouldn't hold my breath expecting any team to offer that.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Bourque might or might not rebound, who knows, but I don't think that even if he does rebound that he's an especially valuable player. A wishy-washy forward who could score 20 goals - sad for the Habs that they could actually use that, but indeed the Habs could use that. If the season does start up and if Bourque is healthy enough for it, they'll pretty much have to try him and see if he can help. If he can't, if he plays like last season as a Hab - then his value is zero/negative, basically down to finding out if some other team is willing to trade off his contract vs. their own reclamation hopes for him. If he does bounce back... at most he's worth his cap space, and cap space could be at a premium for many teams in a reduced-cap new CBA, so I doubt he'd be easily moved.

I'd take a 5th rounder for him if some other team wanted to take the gamble on him bouncing back after the season is over. But wouldn't hold my breath expecting any team to offer that.
If there's a season and he plays the same way, then his value is probably a 5th rounder... Or worse. How many 25+ goal scorers with size have a bad half season and are dealt for a 5th rounder ?

Old
12-08-2012, 09:12 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Value seems good, but adding Ballard would add to the logjam of 4-6 dmen the Habs already have. I think they'd be better off hoping Bourque somehow rebounds as a top-9 goal scoring forward with size, which is something the habs really need.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Kegs

Quote:

thats clearly a salary dump for a rebuild... so draft picks

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:23 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

No way the Avs do the OP deal, especially with McGinns chemistry with Staz.

CoachBadkitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Kegs

Quote:

McGinn-Eller-Leblanc
Moen-White-Prust

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Wilson
Diaz-Emelin

woah they still employ gionta? how do they pay him? better be like 1.3 mil. eller is a good third lien centre... that fourth line is more or less unknown to me. i almost like this defence... what if markov cant stay healthy though... oh noes... the one thing this team does have... is that goaltending machine carey price.

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote