HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 08:29 PM
penguins2946*

vCash: 500
Come on, Morrow. We need a goal here. Just park Tangradi in front of the net and fire at will.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Dangles78

This powerplay.....

Old
12-08-2012, 08:39 PM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

Feed crapped out.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:41 PM
penguins2946*

My reaction to when the PP fails on a double-minor.

And my reaction to delay of game penalties.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Ha, good point. I think they meshed together so well because of their high hockey IQs, but I always did wonder how he kept up with Crosby since he was on the other side of the hill. Maybe Crosby brought the youth out in him?

PS I miss Billy G so much glad he's still part of the organization
I think hockey IQ is the single most important aspect of a good winger for Crosby.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:48 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I think hockey IQ is the single most important aspect of a good winger for Crosby.
Do you think Bennett has that? Yeah, he has a nice shot and sick hands, but if you can't react fast enough or you don't make good decisions, those mean nothing.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Do you think Bennett has that? Yeah, he has a nice shot and sick hands, but if you can't react fast enough or you don't make good decisions, those mean nothing.
I haven't seen nearly enough of Bennett to make much judgement about him. I think Tangradi does though; at least as a third wheel type guy.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:53 PM
penguins2946*

Yes 3x3 hockey for nearly 2 minutes. I love it

Old
12-08-2012, 08:59 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Can we seriously stop with this. Bennett's skating isn't even that big of a concern IMO. He lacks top end speed, but his technique won't keep him out of the NHL. Does he need to work on it? Yes, especially if he wants to keep up with Crosby. I think it's more of fine tuning it and working on his first step because he won't ever develop Grabner type speed.
I'm not talking just speed. I'm talking edge work/being strong on his skates. In those two areas, from what I can see, he's not ready for the NHL.

Skating will never be his strength and it won't need to be but he will need to improve to be a top 6 NHL option at least IMO.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg26 View Post
I'm not talking speed. I'm talking edge work/being strong on his skates. In those two areas, from what I can see, he's not ready for the NHL.

Skating will never be his strength and it won't need to be but he will need to improve to be a top 6 NHL option at least IMO.
I do agree with that. I may have jumped the gun on your previous post. It just seems like the consensus here is that he is a ****** skater, and that's not the case. He does need work, but his skating is not nearly as bad as a lot her perceive it to be.

To be honest, I'm just glad he's proving a lot of people on this board wrong, even if he's not there yet. I've been lingering around this site for a year or so and didn't decide to join until this lockout got to me and a lot of people had zero confidence in him. He's my favorite prospect (even above the beloved Joe Morrow). You can still see the hindsight 20/20 **** with some posters. WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED KUZYYYYYYYY AHHHH

Old
12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
I do agree with that. I may have jumped the gun on your previous post. It just seems like the consensus here is that he is a ****** skater, and that's not the case. He does need work, but his skating is not nearly as bad as a lot her perceive it to be.

To be honest, I'm just glad he's proving a lot of people on this board wrong, even if he's not there yet. I've been lingering around this site for a year or so and didn't decide to join until this lockout got to me and a lot of people had zero confidence in him. He's my favorite prospect (even above the beloved Joe Morrow). You can still see the hindsight 20/20 **** with some posters. WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED KUZYYYYYYYY AHHHH
Not sure why people were down on Bennett other than his injuries. Guys skills are undeniable. His injuries were obviously concerning but mainly due to just not getting to play in a lot of games during critical development years.

But the games he played, I heard nothing but great things.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:

People always say Kreider is so good, but Bennett has double the points he does. Not to mention that Kreider has better linemates (I believe it's Christian Thomas and Pittsburgh's JT Miller).

Old
12-09-2012, 02:16 AM
deakka

Nice to see Megna get his first goal. Hes been looking sharp the games ive seen so far. Too bad he got injured after the good pre-season he had.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:48 AM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

Quote:
From what I've seen of him, yes he does have it.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

Quote:

The ideas that Bennett is a good prospect and Kuznetsov is an obviously better prospect are not mutually exclusive. In fact, there's really not much to suggest otherwise at this point.

The problem is when people misinterpret the sentiment "we should've picked another player" as "the player we picked isn't good".

Old
12-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

In the end it doesn't matter who wanted this guy or that guy. It matters that BB was their pick and he is showing some promise. We should just focus on the positive here and enjoy that the Pens now have two winger prospects who are showing us something.

If both Tangradi and BB can live up to their promise and with their blueline depth, we have a lot to be excited about.

You never know how things will turn out, but since we haven't had any fwd prospects to get excited about in years, there is no reason not to sit back and enjoy it.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:18 AM
JTG

Yeah, I've said this before when people bring up the winger situation. Is it great? No. It's adequate. But fact is, we do have 5 or 6 guys who have some top 6 potential. Some are further along in their development than others. We have a gold mine in defensemen though, and if these guys develop reasonably well, we will easily be able to get the winger that everyone wants and some with one of them.

So couple what we have with what we come acquire with the assets we have along with potential free agency targets, I don't really see the winger situation as that big of an issue at all.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:20 AM
penguins2946*

Saying Bennett sucks because Kuznetsov is better is like saying that Staal sucks because Giroux is better. It makes no sense. Both will be very good hockey players, it just depends on what league for Kuznetsov.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
In the end it doesn't matter who wanted this guy or that guy. It matters that BB was their pick and he is showing some promise. We should just focus on the positive here and enjoy that the Pens now have two winger prospects who are showing us something.

If both Tangradi and BB can live up to their promise and with their blueline depth, we have a lot to be excited about.

You never know how things will turn out, but since we haven't had any fwd prospects to get excited about in years, there is no reason not to sit back and enjoy it.
Yep, I really like how Bennett and Tangradi are coming along this year. Apparently BB went hard into the boards after his shootout attempt last night - hopefully he's alright.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:25 AM
JTG

Quote:
Saying Bennett sucks because Kuznetsov is better is like saying that Staal sucks because Giroux is better. It makes no sense. Both will be very good hockey players, it just depends on what league for Kuznetsov.
And that's huge for me. You can be the best player in the world, but if you aren't in the NHL and have no desire to be, that's as much of a waste of a prospect as drafting a guy with 3rd line potential in the 1st round.

I'd rather not have the **** tease.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:36 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Steve MacIntyre vs. Joel Rechlicz:

Last edited by MichiganWolverines: 12-09-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 10:59 AM
wej20

Is no one posting highlights of the games anymore?

Old
12-09-2012, 11:27 AM
vikingGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Steve MacIntyre vs. Joel Rechlicz:

you have to be desperate (or dumb) for a roster spot to want to fight Mac. I mean he does have the fist of god and all.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Stecz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
you have to be desperate (or dumb) for a roster spot to want to fight Mac. I mean he does have the fist of god and all.
Rechlicz is a renowned pugilist himself. Doing what he's paid to do.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:59 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Tangradi needs to work out with Billy G or Roberts over a summer. Either is probably the perfect player for Tangradi to model his game after. Look at what that did for Neal.
Working out with & modeling your game after are two entirely different things. It would be nice if he could have been in practice everyday with one of them learning small things.

Closed Thread