HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

HF 360 BlackOps2 Clan thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
  #126
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
You guys carried me in a couple of those. Leova went crazy in a a couple of matches with 30+ kills if I remember right.
haha, yeah at one point i was 20-2 after a single round on Raid

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
  #127
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,189
vCash: 500
Only people i seem to play with are KnockKnockPenny and northarrow.

Haven't seen anyone else on really.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
  #128
wingsnut19
Registered User
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Only people i seem to play with are KnockKnockPenny and northarrow.

Haven't seen anyone else on really.
Yep. And Sleeklime once or twice. Which is kind of funny because you're all out west. None of the east coast guys want to game with me.

But its okay. We tend to have fun at it and even when I get a 3 bar from the West coast host I seem to do alright.

wingsnut19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
  #129
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Yep. And Sleeklime once or twice. Which is kind of funny because you're all out west. None of the east coast guys want to game with me.

But its okay. We tend to have fun at it and even when I get a 3 bar from the West coast host I seem to do alright.
Well you know what this means right? You east coast guys are stuck up prunes.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
  #130
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Yep. And Sleeklime once or twice. Which is kind of funny because you're all out west. None of the east coast guys want to game with me.
i'm on the East coast, but only get on in the evenings at like 11EST which is 8pm PST, so its more west-friendly timewise


But sometimes I get on from like 2pm EST to 5pm EST before work, so...

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
  #131
wingsnut19
Registered User
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Well you know what this means right? You east coast guys are stuck up prunes.
I know, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
i'm on the East coast, but only get on in the evenings at like 11EST which is 8pm PST, so its more west-friendly timewise

But sometimes I get on from like 2pm EST to 5pm EST before work, so...
Yeah I know, I'm just joking. It's just how things have worked out. I'm usually on between 7 and 10pm EST.

wingsnut19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:53 PM
  #132
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
I should be on quite a bit tonight and tomorrow night. GT=Sleeklime.

Carl Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:03 PM
  #133
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
 
Fixed to Ruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 6,908
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
I should be on quite a bit tonight and tomorrow night. GT=Sleeklime.
I will see you tonight at some point hopefully

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:07 PM
  #134
wingsnut19
Registered User
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
I'll probably be on a little later than normal tonight. Hopefully I'll see you lot and we can get close to a full party rolling.

wingsnut19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:25 PM
  #135
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
epic night...me and northarrow TORE IT UP, won every game, including one where i went 40-2 on one, 20-1 on another, 23-3 or something on another....

highlight?
taking out a Lodestar with a Death Machine dropped from my care package!

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:31 PM
  #136
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,806
vCash: 500
If anyone wants to play tonight, send me an invite!

GT: felixmorno

Just send me a message saying you're from HF! I don't have any mic though, just to play in a party and hopefully get some wins!

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM
  #137
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
epic night...me and northarrow TORE IT UP, won every game, including one where i went 40-2 on one, 20-1 on another, 23-3 or something on another....

highlight?
taking out a Lodestar with a Death Machine dropped from my care package!
That is good use of a Death Machine. I had 2 the other night and its a fun thing to run around with. The other one with the grenade launcher absolutely sucks though. I can't kill anything with it.

Carl Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:53 AM
  #138
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
the war machine has its uses, its best with UAV so you know when to hit corridors/etc

great in domination for clearing flags

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:26 PM
  #139
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Saw Leovas rambo take down of a lodestar. Thats the way to use the death machine. Since prestiging I've been playing horribly. Mostly negative but still jumping on tags and capture points as much as possible. Gotta keep telling myself KD means nothing, KD means nothing...

Carl Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  #140
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,189
vCash: 500
I'll be on tonight if you want to party

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:31 AM
  #141
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Good games tonight with Leova WhySoSerious and KnockKnockPenny who got a sick 3 kill C4 to end a match. Wish I had jumped on earlier to play a few more with you guys. Northarrow was on later and we had a few super close wins in domination.

Carl Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
  #142
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Good games tonight with Leova WhySoSerious and KnockKnockPenny who got a sick 3 kill C4 to end a match. Wish I had jumped on earlier to play a few more with you guys. Northarrow was on later and we had a few super close wins in domination.
Yes...we had a few great Domination games and one beyond bad HQ game. It is so much easier playing with you guys in a party though.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 12:49 PM
  #143
wingsnut19
Registered User
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
It was definitely fun. But every time I play domination I'm reminded of just how bad I am at it. Probably if I played it a bit more I'd get used to traffic patterns and such, but I can never seem to get anything going.

wingsnut19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
  #144
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
It was definitely fun. But every time I play domination I'm reminded of just how bad I am at it. Probably if I played it a bit more I'd get used to traffic patterns and such, but I can never seem to get anything going.
worst-case scenario, play it like TD until you get used to the patterns. obviously spawning from Location A/B/C is easy to get used to, if you have all 3(or just A and C) they spawn randomly i think...

when in doubt, either hold down a territory by patrolling around it, or assault a hostile territory

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  #145
wingsnut19
Registered User
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
worst-case scenario, play it like TD until you get used to the patterns. obviously spawning from Location A/B/C is easy to get used to, if you have all 3(or just A and C) they spawn randomly i think...

when in doubt, either hold down a territory by patrolling around it, or assault a hostile territory
Spawning is probably the biggest thing I need to get used to.

My game plan ended up being: Cap A (or whatever home flag is), let team charge B while I flank behind and take out enemies trying to cap b, help team cap B, spawn trap C. It worked quite well on Standoff and Yemen, but I need to figure out Overflow. Of course it also depends on how good the opposition is.

I mean, I end up putting up pretty good scores (I think my SPM is around 320 in domination) but I'm probably lone wolfing it a bit too much and getting overwhelmed in the enemy spawn, so my KD suffers. Need to coordinate as a team a good spawn trap so that they can't get through to cap B, and then comminucate when you die so that the team knows your side has collapsed.

Less *****ing about how I died and more communicating with the team basically.

wingsnut19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:48 PM
  #146
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Spawning is probably the biggest thing I need to get used to.

My game plan ended up being: Cap A (or whatever home flag is), let team charge B while I flank behind and take out enemies trying to cap b, help team cap B, spawn trap C. It worked quite well on Standoff and Yemen, but I need to figure out Overflow. Of course it also depends on how good the opposition is.

I mean, I end up putting up pretty good scores (I think my SPM is around 320 in domination) but I'm probably lone wolfing it a bit too much and getting overwhelmed in the enemy spawn, so my KD suffers. Need to coordinate as a team a good spawn trap so that they can't get through to cap B, and then comminucate when you die so that the team knows your side has collapsed.

Less *****ing about how I died and more communicating with the team basically.
I think that is certainly something we can try to improve on. Next time we have 4 or more guys on we should try to get some organization going with setting up a spawn trap.

Carl Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 02:28 AM
  #147
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 23,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Donttoewsmebros. Play mostly during the day I work nights.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:35 PM
  #148
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,189
vCash: 500
Great game last night. JustInsane was well....just insane. Carried us on a couple games

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:31 PM
  #149
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Great game last night. JustInsane was well....just insane. Carried us on a couple games

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 10:51 PM
  #150
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
updated the GT List/Roster on the main post on Page 1, let's keep it going guys!

I've only played with about 5-6 of you guys so far, does anyone else play after 10pm EST? If so, hit us up!

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.