*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Did James Boyd send Dale his Xmas card yet? Apparenty there is a big picture of Dale on top of James' tree. 21 goals in 24 games, wasn't good enough for DH.
Gotta love it after watching what DH did to this kid last year.
Would have been nice to have him in our top 6 and would have been a big help with Scheifele and Camara going to the World Juniors

Old
12-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Luvtowatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
Would have been nice to have him in our top 6 and would have been a big help with Scheifele and Camara going to the World Juniors
That would have been great but Dale didn't even have him in his bottom 6 forwards. He had him on waivers and on the trading block. What a joke. I can't believe this had anything to do with Smosky's ability, it had to be personal. You can't tell me that Corson, Scott etc could put up these numbers.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Zipper89

So with Schiefele going to the world juniors (i would consider him a lock!) and the possibility of Camara also, that leaves Hall, Beyers, Athanisiou to carry the offensive load. Do you thik Barrie can continue to defend as eastern champs, or do they slide down the standings a bit?

Also who do you think they go after trade wise? This will be a year Ford & hawerchuk build up for a run.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:59 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper89 View Post
So with Schiefele going to the world juniors (i would consider him a lock!) and the possibility of Camara also, that leaves Hall, Beyers, Athanisiou to carry the offensive load. Do you thik Barrie can continue to defend as eastern champs, or do they slide down the standings a bit?

Also who do you think they go after trade wise? This will be a year Ford & hawerchuk build up for a run.
I say we should be fine as the main threat for the east is Niagara and they will be losing Strome, Hamilton and Ritchie. Even with a first line of Hall, Athanisiou and Beyers, it beats a lot of OHL first lines. About the trade I hope they try and go after someone like Ceci or Koekkoek and/or another top 6 power forward without selling the future.

On a unrelated note hopefully we get all 4 points this weekend before Schiefele and Camara leave.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Arjay

Terrible first period against Sudbury but Scheifele etal woke up bigtime and dominated after that. Lines a bit of a mess with Zach Hall out of action. Defence not as strong with Ek sitting a 2 game suspension. The latter may hurt more v. Kingston but at least C.J. Garcia got a lot more ice. The same can be said for Perlini who seems to have problems really getting involved in the heavy lifting. Methinks we need to be very patient with him! I get the impression that Lemieux is pacing himself to stay under control, and it is hurting his effectiveness. Another one who needs time! It will be interesting to see who they call up to replace Sceifele and/or Camara for the junior camp and tournament. Anybody care to update us on some of the better prospects like Seraphim and Matthew MacLeod?

Old
12-08-2012, 10:30 PM
LeafsColts13

Good solid game against Kingston tonight. Liked that Lemieux was more aggressive tonight and Perlini finally got his first OHL goal. Also if O Connor keeps up this scoring pace I think we will be fine while Scheifele and Camara are at the WJC. It will be nice to have Ekblad back next game as Fawcett is terrible on the point on the powerplay.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:39 AM
OlZamMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
Good solid game against Kingston tonight. Liked that Lemieux was more aggressive tonight and Perlini finally got his first OHL goal. Also if O Connor keeps up this scoring pace I think we will be fine while Scheifele and Camara are at the WJC. It will be nice to have Ekblad back next game as Fawcett is terrible on the point on the powerplay.
It's not Fawcett's fault, it's Dale's. There have been posts about Beyers being terrible on the point as well. Both are forwards, and therefore have very little experience keeping the puck inside the zone. I'd love to see the "D" on this team take a "time-out" to the dressing room when Dale puts fwds on the point during power plays - "If we're not good enough for you, we may as well take a break."
Now, if he had big guys from the D (Ekblad, Lepkowski) moved to fwd to park themselves at the top of the crease, well fair trade then. Or, 4 D out on the PK.
It's an old "rule of thumb" in hockey that it's easier to switch from D to fwd., then the other way. Obviously Dale wasn't a D'man.
In the meantime, don't fault Fawcett or Beyers when they keep choking it up on the point, they probably aren't comfortable with it and don't want to be placed in that position anyway.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:20 AM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlZamMan View Post
It's not Fawcett's fault, it's Dale's. There have been posts about Beyers being terrible on the point as well. Both are forwards, and therefore have very little experience keeping the puck inside the zone. I'd love to see the "D" on this team take a "time-out" to the dressing room when Dale puts fwds on the point during power plays - "If we're not good enough for you, we may as well take a break."
Now, if he had big guys from the D (Ekblad, Lepkowski) moved to fwd to park themselves at the top of the crease, well fair trade then. Or, 4 D out on the PK.
It's an old "rule of thumb" in hockey that it's easier to switch from D to fwd., then the other way. Obviously Dale wasn't a D'man.
In the meantime, don't fault Fawcett or Beyers when they keep choking it up on the point, they probably aren't comfortable with it and don't want to be placed in that position anyway.
I wasn't faulting them, I was just pointing out that Fawcett should not have been on the point on the powerplay and Dale put him there. Thats why I pointed out when Ekblad comes back, he will be back on the point on the powerplay. I agree they should have had another defence man out there such as Yuill who had a strong game last night.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlZamMan View Post
We're just happy he's decided to go from the 5 forward power play he used to try down to only 4. Maybe one day we'll get to 3. Wouldn't that be nice. This team doesn't win because of strategy behind the bench, it wins in spite of it. It's been a problem with the team basically forever...

Old
12-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Arjay

I want to echo the above sentiments on last night's game. It was one of the best 3 period efforts of the season, especially considering the aggressive play of the opposition. Kingston was shafted by the poor goaltending in the first but the Colts stood up to the buuly-boy tactics without getting penalised. I was also pleased that Lemieux was more involved. I wasn't too happy at the way lines 2 - 4 kept changing, but at least the 4th got a decent shot and earned it. Nice feed from Scheifele for Perlini;s first! He should have had it earlier but missed a wide open corner. Glad he came off stomping and smashing his stick! Playing with emotion has been a big part of his problem IMO.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Johnsb

When does our big move come? Hearing something in the works with SSM?

Old
12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsb View Post
What kind of move?

Old
12-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Zipper89

anything in the rumor mill regarding barrie?
what do you feel we have to offer teams in regards to trades?
any players currently on the roster that could be moved to add veteran help or offensive talent?
what upgrades should be made on defence? With ekblad, conner, lepkowski definatly not moving (at least in my eyes)...

Just interested in your thoughts.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsb View Post
I heard after Christmas. In my opinion the the SSM deal is the smaller of the deals in the works. Still significant, don't get me wrong, but I think the other is more impactful...

Old
12-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Pony

I think the Colts are waiting to see what happens to Scheifele with the NHL lockout. If there is no deal by January 1, look for them to add at least one, if not two, big pieces. I still think a big move will come on blue line. Landing a Ceci, Corrado, Koekkoek or perhaps Sproul are possibilities. Up front, still think Ritchie would be the perfect fit. The bottom six for Barrie is real young so they could add another depth player as well. Remember that trading for these big guns will likely mean giving up a Perlini, Yuill or perhaps a Fotinos.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:40 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
I think the Colts are waiting to see what happens to Scheifele with the NHL lockout. If there is no deal by January 1, look for them to add at least one, if not two, big pieces. I still think a big move will come on blue line. Landing a Ceci, Corrado, Koekkoek or perhaps Sproul are possibilities. Up front, still think Ritchie would be the perfect fit. The bottom six for Barrie is real young so they could add another depth player as well. Remember that trading for these big guns will likely mean giving up a Perlini, Yuill or perhaps a Fotinos.
Can't imagine dealing Fotinos. God you would hope not. Yuill seems logical given the ice DH gives him (damn shame, but if he's not going to be played). Perlini...I'm not sure there. Again, I would think not for the players I've heard, but this team did trade Strome.

I would be surprised if Scheifele plays in the NHL in a shortened season. Shortened season means fewer injuries, fewer spots. Also interesting to see how the 10 game rule would apply in such a season. I have no idea, but it would be interesting to see how that would be approached...

Old
12-12-2012, 12:49 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Can't imagine dealing Fotinos. God you would hope not. Yuill seems logical given the ice DH gives him (damn shame, but if he's not going to be played). Perlini...I'm not sure there. Again, I would think not for the players I've heard, but this team did trade Strome.

I would be surprised if Scheifele plays in the NHL in a shortened season. Shortened season means fewer injuries, fewer spots. Also interesting to see how the 10 game rule would apply in such a season. I have no idea, but it would be interesting to see how that would be approached...
What do you think a fair return for Yuill would be?

Old
12-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Johnsb

Could see a deal with Graovac from Ottawa if he's available. DH played with his dad and has a conetion with the family. Not sure if Yuill would get it done but would be a good start.

I still think Barrie is looking to get something done with Niagara for a couple of the top guns.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Zipper89

Yuill + 2nd Rd Pick

for

V. Trochek

Barrie seems to deal with Saginaw alot.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
LeafsColts13

It would probably cost alot and I'm not sure he is even avaliable but I would like Tom Wilson from Plymouth.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Zipper89

Plymouth wont be sellers regardless of their seed going into the playoffs they have a solid nucleus of players to try and make a run for it with.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Crottenham

Gene Pereira ‏@GenePereira1 Twitter

Barrie Colts forward Brendan Lemieux has been handed an 8-game suspension for his check from behind in Saturday's 6-2 win over Kingston.

What a shock!

Old
12-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Gene Pereira ‏@GenePereira1 Twitter

Barrie Colts forward Brendan Lemieux has been handed an 8-game suspension for his check from behind in Saturday's 6-2 win over Kingston.

What a shock!
LOL! Kid is a creep. Always was, we see how he's changing.

Couldn't understand how Ford could waste a 4th rd pick on him.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
aresknights

Didnt take him long to meet the league disciplinary committee.

Who da thunk it?

Old
12-12-2012, 10:57 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
What do you think a fair return for Yuill would be?
I think Yuill could be part of a successful package for one of the top defencemen available (Ceci, Koekkoek, Hamilton). He wouldn't be the only piece, but he could be the young player along with draft pick considerations. We're talking about a former first round pick who shown flashes and will probably play his OA year due to his size... Opportunity is the issue for Yuill. Truthfully, I'd be happier if they started playing him top 4 (and PP) minutes with EK5 with a mind for keeping him three more years, but I don't think that's in Dale's plans.

Closed Thread