HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Apple warranty

Old
12-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

vCash: 500
Apple warranty

We bought a brand new, never opened Ipod 4 off of a co-worker of my wife for my daughter for Christmas. The first ipod was purchased in September, then started acting up and was replaced by Apple in late November. This one was the replacement.

When we tried to start it up the rear camera wouldn't work. The Ipod is still under warranty until September 2013 so I contacted Apple support and got an appointment with the Apple store to bring it in.

When I got the email it was under the original owners name. My question is, should I get them to transfer all the information over or is the products serial number the most important thing.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
No, as long as you have the serial number (which you do) and it's a Genius Bar appointment (which it is). It'll all be good.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
No, as long as you have the serial number (which you do) and it's a Genius Bar appointment (which it is). It'll all be good.
Yeah but when I called to make the appointment the confirmation went to the original owner and she forwarded it to me.

So the actual appointment is under her name, if they ask any questions I'm thinking of just telling them she got called into work and I'm her brother bring it in for her.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Yeah but when I called to make the appointment the confirmation went to the original owner and she forwarded it to me.

So the actual appointment is under her name, if they ask any questions I'm thinking of just telling them she got called into work and I'm her brother bring it in for her.
Uh, if they ask questions just tell them that you own it and got it from them. No reason to do anything but that. You don't think that this doesn't happen all the time there?

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Uh, if they ask questions just tell them that you own it and got it from them. No reason to do anything but that. You don't think that this doesn't happen all the time there?
She was at the Genius bar getting something checked on her iPhone and was told to tell me not to worry they go by serial number and only want new owners information.

If you read all of Apples rules though it talks about how you might need receipt or proper transfer of ownership. I'm thinking they have that in print to fall back on if they find themselves with a questionable situation where they think the item might be stolen.

I'll definitely bring her email address with me though, in case they want to confirm the sale and purchase.