HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-philly blockbuster

Old
12-09-2012, 01:14 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
ok. It would probably take you a lot more 1st rounders to find a goaltender of Price's calibre. So Hartnell is that popular in Philly?
Flyers rarely spend high draft picks on goalies.

I'm a believer that Bryzgalov will rebound for Philly. He had a difficult time adjusting to Philly. But once he settled down, he was NHL player of the month in March. Unfortunately he broke his foot. Missed time in April and when he came back in the playoffs he didn't have great lateral movement because he wasn't fully healed and you could see he couldn't push off with much strength so his lateral movement wasn't great.

As far as Hartnell goes, it seems that whatever line he plays on is always the most productive. He does a lot of the dirty work.

Because I think Bryz will rebound, I wouldn't do this deal if I were the Flyers.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:30 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Flyers rarely spend high draft picks on goalies.

I'm a believer that Bryzgalov will rebound for Philly. He had a difficult time adjusting to Philly. But once he settled down, he was NHL player of the month in March. Unfortunately he broke his foot. Missed time in April and when he came back in the playoffs he didn't have great lateral movement because he wasn't fully healed and you could see he couldn't push off with much strength so his lateral movement wasn't great.

As far as Hartnell goes, it seems that whatever line he plays on is always the most productive. He does a lot of the dirty work.

Because I think Bryz will rebound, I wouldn't do this deal if I were the Flyers.
The point is not the 1st rounder qualification, it's the fact that Price is a generational talent. I probably should have written it would take you many drafts instead of 1st picks. You don't get those kind of goalies often and for this reason alone Holmgren would be pretty insane to pass on this trade. I'd even say schizophrenic, specially after trading Carter & Richards without flinching. You can like Bryz's chances of making a come back sure, but for Price, I'm ready to bet that not too many GMs would make that choice.

Edit: well that said and re-reading myself, Holmgren is insane.. So there's no telling..

Last edited by vokiel: 12-09-2012 at 02:03 AM.
vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
The point is not the 1st rounder qualification, it's the fact that Price is a generational talent. I probably should have written it would take you many drafts instead of 1st picks. You don't get those kind of goalies often and for this reason alone Holmgren would be pretty insane to pass on this trade. I'd even say schizophrenic, specially after trading Carter & Richards without flinching. You can like Bryz's chances of making a come back sure, but for Price, I'm ready to bet that not too many GMs would make that choice.

Edit: well that said and re-reading myself, Holmgren is insane.. So there's no telling..
Why then would the Habs be willing to move(as you call it) a generational talent in Price? By your account it may be decades before they find another tender with that talent.
To call one of the best GM's in the league insane...well that alone puts doubt in the stability of your commentary above.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:40 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:

WOOOOAAAA

relax.

He's got a long ways to go before we can call him a generational talent

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
cheesesteak

I don't think I'd do this as a Flyers fan. As good as Price is I'd rather give Bryz a chance to rebound and keep Hartnell + Schenn + two firsts. The offense already lost enough this off season with JVR/Jagr. Schenn looks to be ready for a breakout and Hartnell is a big leader on this team. Homer just traded for Luke too so I doubt they go anywhere unless it's together and a #1D would probably be about the only thing they're looking to trade them for.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

As a Flyers fan, I do not like this deal. Having Price in net would be fantastic, but the cost is way too high. Hartnell is arguably the most important player to the Flyers as an organization. He isn't our best player, but he does a lot for the community and is a true fan favorite due to his great personality and hilarious antics. Furthermore, Schenn has been the best player for the Phantoms in the AHL this year and looks poised to take the next step in his development when the NHL starts back up. It's also too early to call Bryzgalov a total bust of a signing. While I certainly have my doubts that he will ever be a top 15 goalie for us, I think we are better off giving him more opportunities than paying a pretty penny to dump his contract.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Habitant le colon

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Price+Desharnais+Weber vs Giroux+ 1 rst and 2 dn round 2013 draft picks.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Habitant le colon

I still don't why we have such kind of deal ...

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

The only way Homer pulls the trigger on a deal like this is if he can talk Bergevin into including Scooter Gomez

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I don't think I'd do this as a Flyers fan. As good as Price is I'd rather give Bryz a chance to rebound and keep Hartnell + Schenn + two firsts. The offense already lost enough this off season with JVR/Jagr. Schenn looks to be ready for a breakout and Hartnell is a big leader on this team. Homer just traded for Luke too so I doubt they go anywhere unless it's together and a #1D would probably be about the only thing they're looking to trade them for.
What would you think of something like this?
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price
PK Subban (basically RFA rights)
(Subban isn't a 1D but @ worst should be a dang good 2D if taught when to button his lip. Talking to someone like Pronger could get him to reach maximum potential.)

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price
(Subban isn't a 1D but @ worst should be a dang good 2D if taught when to button his lip. Talking to someone like Pronger could get him to reach maximum potential.)
That's just laughable. First off Bryzgalov has negative value. So you are basically offering Schenn squared and you shed Bryz from your payroll for Price and Subban. Why in the world would the Habs give up the 2 best players and take two worse ones in return and a horrible contract (Bryz)??

FanHabtic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
sharks9

Quote:
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price
That would be a massive no from the Habs. I don't think most fans would do that deal for Price, let alone adding Subban in.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

Price is good, but generational talent? Pump the breaks a bit guy.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:00 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price
Philly would have to swap L Schenn for Coburn, and B Schenn to Giroux, even then it's unlikely.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:04 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Why then would the Habs be willing to move(as you call it) a generational talent in Price? By your account it may be decades before they find another tender with that talent.
To call one of the best GM's in the league insane...well that alone puts doubt in the stability of your commentary above.
They wouldn't. The deal is very much in favor of Philly. The "Holmgren would be pretty insane to pass on ..." part.

The best GM in the league? Best at being entertaining sure, but as far as doing a reality check, he didn't exactly win anything with all his moves. In fact the players he traded ended up winning.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
They wouldn't. The deal is very much in favor of Philly. The "Holmgren would be pretty insane to pass on ..." part.

The best GM in the league? Best at being entertaining sure, but as far as doing a reality check, he didn't exactly win anything with all his moves. In fact the players he traded ended up winning.
It has been one season.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
It has been one season.
Yes maybe you should wait a bit longer before you give him the crown of best GM in the league. Holland & Lou aren't impressed.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Yes maybe you should wait a bit longer before you give him the crown of best GM in the league. Holland & Lou aren't impressed.
Double checking my post history, I can not find where I posted that he was the best GM in the league. Just because the Flyers have not won the Cup in the ONE season since the trades means that the trades were not great.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:27 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
So basically the habs give:
Our elite goalie
Our 2nd line C
Mid-level prospect

and the habs get:
A goalie coming off a down season (and post season)
A 30 year old winger, as good as he is now he is still signed to a 4.75m cap until he's 36
A promising and young 3rd line center (that is fair but he is not a replacement for DD)
And two probably late firsts

No way from the habs fanbase. If we're giving up Price (which we're not) and Desharnais I want to see Couturier + Bryz coming back
Brayden Schenn is an upgrade on David Desharnais.

capitalsrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price
lol

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Brayden Schenn is an upgrade on David Desharnais.
In projection he is, not right now he isnt.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:32 PM
AmeriHab

OP is not great for either team.
Montreal needs to just be patient because they have a lot coming up and will be contenders in a couple years if they can develop the prospects but are not there yet and will be looking for younger players.
Philly needs top 4 defense, but PK and Gorges wouldnt available.

If Philly is in win now and there is a season, would Markov be of interest since the knee is healthy and he's playing well in KHL?

To Philly: Markov
To MTL: Voracek

I may be way off, would love a real answer and not something that just says one team gets hosed

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:34 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
OP is not great for either team.
Montreal needs to just be patient because they have a lot coming up and will be contenders in a couple years if they can develop the prospects but are not there yet and will be looking for younger players.
Philly needs top 4 defense, but PK and Gorges wouldnt available.

If Philly is in win now and there is a season, would Markov be of interest since the knee is healthy and he's playing well in KHL?

To Philly: Markov
To MTL: Voracek

I may be way off, would love a real answer and not something that just says one team gets hosed
i guess it would depend on how much they need a pp qb. i like the deal, but im not sure if markov is what philly needs

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:08 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Price is good, but generational talent? Pump the breaks a bit guy.
Goalie like Price doesn't come along often, once every decade.

He is the best goalie entering the league since Brodeur, Hasek and Roy.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote